PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some numbers

1968Droptop
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Yesterday I got her out for the entire day. Got used to the hull, and got to get on it a time or two:D . I'm making 5lbs. of boost, running 230* of oil temp, 60lbs. of oil pressure, running a nice 160* (t-stat) of water temp, and the fuel pressure holds nice and steady at 6lbs.
I'm able to spin the AA to 6200, and the speedo (not gps) saw the positive side of 90. I'm very very happy with the power the engine is making, and even happier with the tunnel. What a smooth riding boat !

Ken F
08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Chris, that's great~~good news!
The ride of a tunnel is what impressed Emmanuelle and I the most when we went from a Vbottom to a tunnel. It will really impress you when you are out with a group in choppy water and the v-bottoms won't even try to keep up with you after about 2 minutes! LOL
Ken

Squirtcha?
08-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Cool. Congrats. You've done an outstanding job on that one!

Sleeper CP
08-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, the blown Ford. Good job I bet it pulls the AA great. Are you going to try to get anymore out of her? If you went from the V to the tunnel I bet you stoaked. What are you rpm's a 50 ?
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover

n8dawg
08-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Nice! Your cooking right along! Good job:D

atxwrangler
08-04-2007, 11:23 PM
thanx for the numbers,damn,i wonder what i will be spinning the A impellar to if you are turning that AA like that.if i hit the tripple digits,i will be stoked.congrats,it sounds like you really like the tunnel,everyone says i'll love mine too.prolly be one more week before i get her wet!what percent ratio on the blower,mine's gonna be 15 under,but i have the 1 to 1 pulley for backup.:D

1968Droptop
08-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Ken F: I went from a 18' Sanger Custom Sprint to this '21 Daytona. INCREDIBLE difference in ride. We were out on Tapps on Friday, and like you said Ken, the V bottoms were not even able to keep up at 60 due to the chop. I was drivin along with one hand completely relaxed in the same water conditions. It's incredible how smooth these hull's are. I can see why you don't see many 21's for sale. How could you part with the ride and looks of one ???
Sleeper CP: I don't have a ton of time behind the wheel just yet (4.6 hours on the engine, and .8 of that was on the trailer)). I think 4K was right around 60 ??? I can't remember exactly.........
ATX: I've got a 62 on top, and I think a 56 on bottom ??? I can't see what's on the lower pulley (too damn tight in there !!!), but I think that's what it is. I'm going to leave it alone for now, as this is a 92 octane engine. I wasn't able to dyno it, so I've set it up heavy on the safe side, 30* total pulling out .5* per pound of boost. I'm confident I can run 7-8 lbs. w/o detonation. But for now it's staying where it is, I'd never be able to hear any detonation over the blower belt :D. In the boat that's all you hear is the belt, but I let a buddy drive it so I could hear it from behind. OMG, it has a deep deep tone to it. The Lightnings sound sweeeet !!!
Here's a pix of the tail it threw running 4K on the tach. The yellow boat is a buddy's Cheyenne. 533 Ford, 800HP + 250 shot of laughing gas
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_05061.jpg

Outlaw
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I have owned several jet boats over the years
all V bottom until now.
I know what you mean about the ride of the 21 daytona.
what a difference.
I can't imagin what it would be like with that HP.
mine is a blast to drive with a bone stock 502 and
a 150hp shot of NOS...... Can't wait until winter.....
Ok now get some video so we can hear and see
that FORD run.

1968Droptop
08-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I have owned several jet boats over the years
all V bottom until now.I know what you mean about the ride of the 21 daytona.
what a difference.
I rode in a friends 21' for literally 5 minutes, sold my Sanger a couple weeks later. Night and day difference.

atxwrangler
08-10-2007, 06:47 PM
i think boost is worse than crack!l.o.l.!:)

IMPATIENT 1
08-10-2007, 07:07 PM
i think boost is worse than crack!l.o.l.!:)
lol,i feel fa man:D i've been a nitrous guy for yrs., but once you got boost, the power is always there wether or not the bottle is full;)

1968Droptop
08-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I couldn't agree more, and I've barely got 5 hours on it :sqeyes:. The sound of the belt choppin over them pulleys, the feel of the blower when you start making boost, them carbs sitting a mile in the air, a 3" wide belt !!! What's not to like, love, or get completely 100% hooked on :D :D :D.

blown428fe
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
The yellow boat is a buddy's Cheyenne. 533 Ford, 800HP + 250 shot She looks sick just waitin there.