PDA

View Full Version : dam 4

silverbullet1984
08-04-2007, 12:59 PM
does anyone know how far up dam 4 you can go before it gets shallow

TaylorJet
08-04-2007, 09:39 PM
about 11 miles.the bend just north of the potomac fish and game club.
you will see a row of boats sitting and people swimming. your about as far up river as you can go. i will be out there tom around 2 in my pontoon this week with a green top.have fun

silverbullet1984
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
what does dnr say about the noise. probibly be up there on sun or sat with 3 boats with just headers

TaylorJet
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
have mufflers in

silverbullet1984
08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
going back to the riv on sunday and maybe with a new hei ignition i just might make it all the way up the riv had the old points go out on me last sunday

JOHNNYBEGOOD
08-16-2007, 03:51 AM
We will be there Sunday.
Come up to the low water. Up river till you pass Potomac Fish and Game ( big camp ground on the MD. side) just around the bend you will see lots of boats. It is waist deep water with a nice bottom.
I will be in a pontoon boat with a blue top. There will be several jet boats around me ( I carry their coolers up river for them).

silverbullet1984
08-16-2007, 05:39 AM
sounds good we will be there if it does not rain

LynnsJet
08-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I would like to run the river this Sunday if all goes well.
Where do I put in at? I would be coming up I-70 from Baltimore

silverbullet1984
08-17-2007, 03:45 AM
we put in at the dam if you go up i70 get off at rt 632 before i81 and when you come to the light make a left at the light 632 will turn into dam 4 road this road goes strait to the boat ramp we like to get out early but my bachelor party is sat night so might be running a little late sun morning but we will be there

JOHNNYBEGOOD
08-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Take I70 west to I 81 south.
Take exit 1 ( in MD ) and turn left at the end of the ramp. Go to the light and turn right on route 63, Speilman Road. Go to the 4 way stop and turn right on Dam #4 Road.
Follow Dam #4 Road to the launch ramp.
This is the only public launch ramp on this streach of the river. It gets busy on the big weekends. Should not be too bad this weekend though. It is a State Park so do not have beer in plain view.
Come up river about 10 to 12 miles to the shallow end. Go past the campground on the MD. side of the river. Just around the bend you will see lots of boats on the MD. side. Lots of people standing in the water. It is a good time.
Weatherman says it might only get to the upper 70's this weekend. It might keep some people away. We will be there. Look for the old ughy pontoon boat with a blue top. Should be a couple jet boats with me.
Look farward to seeing you.
If you have any problems call me....240-675-2828.
Silverbullet, my wife is a big fan of coors light. She will love your boat.

LynnsJet
08-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the info. Unless it rains, I will be there.
Are there are speed restrictions on the river?
What is a good time to launch?

silverbullet1984
08-18-2007, 10:35 AM
35 mph but they did not seam to care late weekend , early morning

silverbullet1984
08-20-2007, 10:35 AM
anybody go on sunday it was raining all day at my house

JOHNNYBEGOOD
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
We have a camper along the river at the Izaak Walton club. We were out for an afternoon ride in the toon on Saturday.
Sunday it was raining off and on all day. We did not see too many boats on the river Sunday.
Maybe next weekend will be better weather. Can't complain about the rain, we need it bad.
It is 35 mph on the river, but not really inforced unless the river is busy. It is best to make speed runs late in the day. The river can get kinda busy on some weekends. Thats why we head up river to the shallows, other boats stay away from there.

TaylorJet
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
how do you go about getting in to izaacwalton and if you dont mind roughly how much is it per year. im thinking of getting a camper but would like somewhere to set itup.thanks

JOHNNYBEGOOD
08-21-2007, 03:57 AM
Taylor Jet,
To become a member of the Izaak Walton all you need is two sponsors (Craig and I can do that for you).
There is a membership cap of 300. Right now we are at the cap, and there is a waiting list. The waiting list right now is about 10 or so people. There is usually a loss of 20 or so members each year, so, the waiting list goes down pretty quick.
What you need to do is send in a postcard asking to become a member. Put on there that you have two sponsors, along with your name, address, and phone number. The membership committee starts calling in new members about February of each year.
Send post card to:
IWLA
P O Box 1212
Martinsburg, WV 25402
When they call you let me know, I will have to fill out a form stating that I have known you for some time and that you are not a trouble maker.
The costs:
There are two types of memberships, single and family. Both allow you to bring in as many guest as you wish, as long as you are there.
Single initiation fee is $200.00 Family initiation fee is $300.00
Yearly fee's are as follows:
Membership: Single $86.00 Family $116.00
Key card $20.00 each card.
Boats $25.00 each boat.
Camping $335.00 unlimited camping. This includes electric, water, and dumping station. You are also able to store your camper in the storage area.
Camping per night is $25.00 per night and includes the above with the exception of the storage.
Once you become a member you can get on the waiting list for a permanent lot and dock space. Docks go pretty quick like maybe 3 or 4 years. Lots are not so quick to come up. I am thinking between 7 to 10 years to get a permanent lot. I will say that it is worth the wait to have your camper set up and waiting on you when you get there Friday evening after work with cold beer in the fridge.
We have alot of fun. It is like a big family there. And like every family there is some B/S that you have to put up with to get along. It is just part of the fun.
If you want to, stop by and I will show you around. I am there every weekend. My camper is the the 6th one from the end if you are coming up river. My dock is right in front of my camper. There are two pontoons docked at it. Mine is the blue one. You can tie up to the upper side of my toon and come up the steps. I will take you in one of my golf carts and show you around. If I am not at my camper just ask the first person you see " where is Stupid" they will point you in the right direction.
Hope to see you this weekend.

TaylorJet
08-21-2007, 09:58 AM
thank you for the info i will stop in sometime before the season is over and check it out. thanks again
Eric

LynnsJet
08-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Do you guys have anything planned for Sunday or Monday? I will be at the Pax on Saturday.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
08-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Nothing really planned other than being on the river.

miketsouth
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
i just heard something from somebody about someone might come up there.
I sure hope they invite me... Radar or not. Boat or not, i want to be there.:)
on another note
97mph my ass. Just some more video that wont be released.:devil:
it is YOURS...and happy landing. Week or so....i will call...my mom gonna dis-own me AGAIN...:D