PDA

View Full Version : Gang Sweep At Lake Havasu

HocusPocus
08-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone see this going on?
Fresh air, sparkling waterways and skin-scorching temperatures are part of what attract locals to the Colorado River and Lake Havasu.
ItÂ’s also a chance to get away from urban living and the crime that comes along with it.
At least, it was.
Members of the High Desert Regional Gang Team spent Memorial Day weekend out on the water, patrolling and making contact with more than 35 gang members and arresting 19 people for things like cocaine sales and parole and probation violations, said Deputy Joe Catalano.
And theyÂ’re going back on Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1 to 3, to let their presence be known again.
The team took their inaugural trip because the summer prior there were reports that gang members would sit on a boat and sell drugs to other boaters, said Deputy Jason Rosenbaum.
“We went out there in part to determine whether the perception that gangs were a problem at the river was correct,” Rosenbaum said.
“We found out immediately that it is a serious problem, and the perception was an understatement.”
Rosenbaum used to work at the Colorado River station, and he said that the resources there are more than adequate for the population, but it becomes a stretch when the population swells by 15,000 to 20,000 people on certain weekends.
“They haven’t had a need for the gang training we’ve had, so in part we’re helping them learn to deal with the gangsters we see regularly,” Rosenbaum said.
Those included three Mexican Mafia gang members and those playing loud music and “throwing” gang signs.
“When they’re on the boat they have their shirts off with all their gang tattoos showing and intimidating people,” said Deputy Eric Ogaz.
Officials said that’s one of the biggest problems — that the gang members disrupt an otherwise nice holiday for most visitors.
Gang members were contacted from San Bernardino, San Diego, Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange counties, officials said.
Based on what was seen, Labor Day will not likely be the last trip to the river the gang team makes.

finsfan4life
08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Piece of shits are like cockroaches...Take them all down....most are Raider fans I'm sure.........a vehicle with Raider stickers or "Raider Nation" on the rear window is great P/C !!!...

RitcheyRch
08-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear the local LE are taking them down.

gramps
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Piece of shits are like cockroaches...Take them all down....most are Raider fans I'm sure.........a vehicle with Raider stickers or "Raider Nation" on the rear window is great P/C !!!...
The "Raider Nation" moved to the AVI this weekend. What a bunch of idiots.

Jbb
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
If they do a gang sweep at Havasu......who will be left....?
Oh yeah....Kilrtoy....:D

PaPaG
08-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Havasu has gotten way out of control with all the Cali gang bangers and all the MMF wannabe fighters and trouble makers. I remember the good old days back when the town was a ghost town by 8pm and the only fight you got into was with yourself deciding on which part of the lake you wanted to hang out in for the day....memories :idea:

steve d
08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Havasu has gotten way out of control with all the Cali gang bangers and all the MMF wannabe fighters and trouble makers. I remember the good old days back when the town was a ghost town by 8pm and the only fight you got into was with yourself deciding on which part of the lake you wanted to hang out in for the day....memories :idea:
If you can remember that.............. can you imagine how I remember it
back when??

PaPaG
08-05-2007, 04:33 PM
back when??
lol, I cannot imagine, lol...just kidding buddy... :D

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 04:36 PM
back when??
HUH!!!:confused:

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Any memories of Vegas, before they had gangs???\
Dont just pick on the Cali guys!!!!

cc322
08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
What they need to do is replace all the Raider nation stickers(gay) with some fine looking bronco stickers and then and only then will you have a good law obiding community:D

Desert Rat
08-05-2007, 05:16 PM
You are ignorant my friend. I would guess you think all Mexicans are Mexican mafia and all blacks are either crips or blood and ALL are Raider fans. Get a life. Do you have Nazi lightening bolts on your neck to go with your attitude?

RaceFace
08-05-2007, 05:19 PM
You are ignorant my friend. I would guess you think all Mexicans are Mexican mafia and all blacks are either crips or blood and ALL are Raider fans. Get a life. Do you have Nazi lightening bolts on your neck to go with your attitude?
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/1raceface/shizamn.jpg

boats&bars
08-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Popcorn anyone....

RaceFace
08-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Popcorn anyone....
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/1raceface/23popcorn.jpg
:D :D

RitcheyRch
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I'll take some.
Popcorn anyone....

Ultracrazy
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
If they do a gang sweep at Havasu......who will be left....?
Oh yeah....Kilrtoy....:D
:eek: :D

finsfan4life
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
2-14 last year, Go ahead a vent, I understand.....its ok its ok, Russell will put down the crack pipe and sign soon.......its ok its ok.....I'm sorry I made fun of your ugly "Raider Nation" sticker......ORALE !!! Go Raiders..."Lean like a cholo"......Lightning bolts will look funny on my dark hispanic neck !!!

PaPaG
08-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Any memories of Vegas, before they had gangs???\
Dont just pick on the Cali guys!!!!
I remember those days to..but it is just getting worse and worse every year...Fact not Fiction: Vegas' gang population is over 75% from Cali and getting worse by the month from all the transplants and all the 2 strikers getting out of Cali before they go away for life..
Cali gangs also visit Vegas during all the major holidays and we even have special LEO gang deployment duty when there is a big event or fight in town due to all the Cali gang bangers that come up for the weekend..:(

steve d
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
HUH!!!:confused:
.....Saturday looked like a "Ghost Town"............confused now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quest4Fun
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I have heard this before from LEO's and read it in the paper...the gang members take vacations just like anyone else and sometimes they choose Havasu, they come to the river to intimidate and see what they can get away with. I thank the police for doing their best at these times.

beernut
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
san antone, and naci both have a lot of o.g. hanging out, you know..20+ in a campsite, one jet-ski

HavaSkank
08-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I saw a dork in Havasu on Saturday in a Bayliner with a HUGE Raider sticker on the side. Just when I thought about cutting him some slack and NOT pointing and laughing, I noticed he was wearing his BLACK Raiders jersey, shorts that hung below his knees and TUBE SOCKS pulled up to his knees.
He deserved no mercy. He was wearing socks in the Channel. Doesnt get much more out-of-place than that!

finsfan4life
08-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I saw a dork in Havasu on Saturday in a Bayliner with a HUGE Raider sticker on the side. Just when I thought about cutting him some slack and NOT pointing and laughing, I noticed he was wearing his BLACK Raiders jersey, shorts that hung below his knees and TUBE SOCKS pulled up to his knees.
He deserved no mercy. He was wearing socks in the Channel. Doesnt get much more out-of-place than that!
They have to wear the high socks to hide their ankle bracelet monitors...

a catered life
08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
bro you are really stupid and that was one bone head racist comment to say:( ....what does some one liking a team have to do with drugs in havi..and yes i had a riader fan....as much as you hate it think about this what worse the asshole selling the drugs or the piece of shit buying ithem...let face it how many black or mexician tweakers live in havi:idea:

finsfan4life
08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
bro you are really stupid and that was one bone head racist comment to say:( ....what does some one liking a team have to do with drugs in havi..and yes i had a riader fan....as much as you hate it think about this what worse the asshole selling the drugs or the piece of shit buying ithem...let face it how many black or mexician tweakers live in havi:idea:
Where in the HELL is that racist dude.!!!! Do u know what ur reading...Tell me where in the fu## in that column do u see a racist remark IDIOT !!!! I am talking about any Piece of shit Gangbanger !!!! And sorry to say einstien, most are Raider fans !!!!! There are plenty of post/reply's that say the same !!!!
I happen to be Chicano...and every time I see a fellow hispanic that is a Gangbanging piece of shit that takes advantage of this awsome country, and uses it to commit haneous crimes, I feel embarrassed of my race !!!!

Kilrtoy
08-05-2007, 09:55 PM
notice LHPD is not mentioned,
they are to busy busting girls flashing boobs.
Gang bangers scare them

Ultracrazy
08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
notice LHPD is not mentioned,
they are to busy busting girls flashing boobs.
Gang bangers scare them
Bashing someones elses department? WTF........

finsfan4life
08-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Enough with bashing ourselves about stupid posts like this one, just think and pray for the 8 year old and her family...
GOD BLESS !!!!