PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a good weekend?

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Jeez! Seems like a lot of hating for a Monday!
Sure we all had our share of crappy thigns happen, the hose on my turbo blew off 50 miles outside of Barstow, we didn't arrive in Havi until 12:30 in the morning :mad: spent my vacation day (Friday) on t-cons looking out the window at the lake and my boat on the trailer :mad: dog ran around the awning on my toyhauler and broke a pole which caused me to stay past the normal checkout for the Islander to I could temporarily repair it before getting on the road and I was hit with a $35 late check out fee, found a new scratch on my boat...etc...
But all in all it was a good weekend. Met some new friends, had a great time at the Islander, my boxer puppies ran around the dog park, one of them learned how to swim, boat ran great, stereo sounded good, spent too much on gas :D (not sure I needed the 105 octane but figured what the heck)
Saw Throttle, Phebus, Froggystyle, 98 Vector 21 and at the end of the day had a great time.
I can't be the only one that enjoyed their weekend???:sqeyes:

yopengo
08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I had a great weekend …..not in Havasu. :D
Dinner in Laguna and the Sawdust Festival on Saturday.
Picnic in the park with the family followed by a live concert on Sunday. :)

AZJD
08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Had a fantastic weekend. Bad monday after reading the thread about the little girl....:(

warlock
08-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Had a great weekend in Havasu....'Til I got cut-off....:D

Screaming Pete
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I had a great weekend, Barry Mac and I took our daughters to the river for a father / daughter weekend. we kept them away from the crowds down at martinez but they got a full river weekend. after reading about the young girl (RIP) that we all lost in Havasu it brought a tear to my eyes knowing the time we spent with our girls is so valueuable, my little one will be 10 this month. 10 years ago we were at the Ultra Blast 1997 cruzing the very same water with her in her Mommys tummy. stopped at Topock that day to feed the carp french fries........good times

Dave C
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
damn straight... it was warm and sunny, the sponsons were facing down, by night time the cooler was empty, life is good.
I did get cutoff on the way home but I just let it go ;) :devil:

blown65
08-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Had a great weekend, didnt do much but it was still good. Did however trade in the ski boat on a new one, only bad part is the new one isnt going to be here till January.
Other than that, I exercised the couch some.

Big Warlock
08-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Great Weekend. Newport is the Bomb!

Keith E. Sayre
08-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I had a great weekend. Did 6 demos on Saturday and then 2 on Sunday. Thanks to all you channel rats for the waters and moral support. Boy was it hot! Almost any day at Havasu is better than a day somewhere else.
Keith Sayre
Magic Boats

frdvschvy
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Yes, had a fantastic weekend! Despite the excessive amount of knuckleheads on the water and an impeller failure Saturday morning we had lots of fun. Good dinner with friends Sat night at Javelina Cantina and throwing some drinks back at the Naked Turtle afterwards definitely helped ;) Oh, and we enjoyed our time on the water also.
The only bad part of the weekend was when my buddy cut me off as I was trying to make a bee line for the bathroom! Had to slow my role from 1 mph to 0.5 mph and spun out into the hallway wall. :eek:

AirtimeLavey
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Great weekend. 2 Days at the beach house in Laguna. Sushi Friday night, BJs pizza Sat. night. Unfortunately, only boating related activity was watching the yachts come in and hang out in the cove for the day. Great family w/e. :D

yopengo
08-06-2007, 02:34 PM
The only bad part of the weekend was when my buddy cut me off as I was trying to make a bee line for the bathroom! Had to slow my role from 1 mph to 0.5 mph and spun out into the hallway wall. :eek:
LMAO :D :D

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Isn't 1 MPH a little excessive for a narrow hallway? Should have slowed your roll before entering the narrows :D

98 Vector 21
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Had a great weekend! It was nice to meet you guy's and hang out for a while! I beached next to you & dont recall giving away any free scratch's :D !

FOREVER2DOXIES
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Had a good weekend launching out of McEntyre Park in Blythe, Ca. and cruisin the river. Had great fun in the sun with friends; nice and warm (although a bit humid) and the water was fantastic. Warm and calm all day friday enough to beach on the river rather than in a cove. Then headed to Goose Flats saturday for fun there. Went to the local theater and saw "Bourne Ultimatum"...great movie. Am glad to say that Blythe is now showing first run movies!! :D Can't wait to go back in a few weeks....and in the meantime, weekly sunday visits to Castaic.

havaduner
08-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Chipster, It was great to meet you and your wife while we were anchored in the cove on Sat.! Sorry to hear about the scratch, but you parked far enough away I know I am not responsible.

RitcheyRch
08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Ditto what SHE said :D
Had a good weekend launching out of McEntyre Park in Blythe, Ca. and cruisin the river. Had great fun in the sun with friends; nice and warm (although a bit humid) and the water was fantastic. Warm and calm all day friday enough to beach on the river rather than in a cove. Then headed to Goose Flats saturday for fun there. Went to the local theater and saw "Bourne Ultimatum"...great movie. Am glad to say that Blythe is now showing first run movies!! :D Can't wait to go back in a few weeks....and in the meantime, weekly sunday visits to Castaic.

Nord
08-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I had a blast this weekend (maybe because it was off the water) I got back from Vegas last night. Very expensive weekend, but off the hook blast!!
~NORD~

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I beached next to you & dont recall giving away any free scratch's :D !
Sorry to hear about the scratch, but you parked far enough away I know I am not responsible.
I know it wasn't either of you guys, I think it happened in the channel. The scratch is on the underside of a sponson. The first spot I pulled on to had a high bank and I think some rocks were exposed :mad:
We wanted to get together with you guys for dinner on Saturday but were so tired when we got back to the trailer that we crashed for a couple hours. Woke up at 9:00 and headed over to Mudsharks for some of my favorite beer.
Haveduner, which boat is yours? The cat with the Teague 800? I took a bunch of pics with Cameron's camera, hopefully he'll get them posted.
Saw Cam and Jamie headed up Topock on Sunday morning, we had to get back to camp so we could pack up and head home.
Thanks for letting a "channel boat" crash the Cobra party :D

dicudmore
08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I had a great weekend hanging with everybody :D
Chip, good to see ya again. :D

MissB
08-06-2007, 06:05 PM
I had a fun weekend w/my boys, was a bit jealous that I didn't get to go to the river, but after all the posts about this weekends b.s and loss.... I have a new outlook on time well spent. :)

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I had a great weekend hanging with everybody :D
Chip, good to see ya again. :D
Where were you? I didn't see your boat? It would be so much easier to recognize everyone if they had a picture of your boat with them :idea:

RaceFace
08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I know it wasn't either of you guys, I think it happened in the channel. The scratch is on the underside of a sponson. The first spot I pulled on to had a high bank and I think some rocks were exposed :mad:
We wanted to get together with you guys for dinner on Saturday but were so tired when we got back to the trailer that we crashed for a couple hours. Woke up at 9:00 and headed over to Mudsharks for some of my favorite beer.
Haveduner, which boat is yours? The cat with the Teague 800? I took a bunch of pics with Cameron's camera, hopefully he'll get them posted.
Saw Cam and Jamie headed up Topock on Sunday morning, we had to get back to camp so we could pack up and head home.
I'm bummed I missed you Chip!! Ya gotta love the "variable" work schedule. We will definitely hook up. I'm headin out Wednesday afternoon. Definitely bummed I missed Mudshark!! Did you get a keg??

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
We will definitely hook up. I'm headin out Wednesday afternoon. Definitely bummed I missed Mudshark!! Did you get a keg??
No keg yet. I still have 3 kegs at home, but I did get a t-shirt and my wife picked up a cycling jersey. We ran in to one of the Barley Bros bartenders at the dog park, we'll probably get a keg from them too. I figure one from each place should get me through the winter :D....unless you come over and help drink it :jawdrop:

BadKachina
08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
We had a great weekend. Never left the front of the Agavi all day Sat.. ;)
We actually had nice relaxing time, until Noname and D/A showed up. Then we partied like rockstars..............:jawdrop: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36598&d=1186462676
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36600&d=1186462762
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36601&d=1186462858

Markos
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
:) I had a great weekend, I turned the BIG five ohh. My wife was having a fund raiser for the womans shelter of Huntington Beach and I was to meet her at the resturant to haul the donated items at 3:30 Sat, then go to LA for a play.I walked in and went upstairs at "Joes's Crab Shack" in LB to pick them up and all of a sudden about 100 people yelled SURPRISE!!! I about shit my pants! The fund raiser was a sham, She has done it for the past few years so I didn't EVEN have a clue. She had a full catered dinner for about 100 people with PuPu's. Mahi Mahi, chicken and my favorite, KING CRAB LEGS! A live band we used to party with, "The Regular Guys" Great music if you like blues/ Rock. I asker her how much is this costing me and she said not to worry. Her boss caught her bringing work home last month because she didn't have enough time in the day to get it done ( She's head nurse at Hoag Cancer Center). Her Boss told her she had to figure out how many hours she had worked at home or the hospitol could get in trouble. I guess she worked about 2-4 hrs a week for about 2 1/2 years! AT $48.00 per hr! SURPRISE!!! GREAT PARTY!!

Markos
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
And I almost forgot, I sold my old Mecedes 230 sl to some German guy so now my boat will be paid off!! What a weekend! We are going out to the Springs on Thurs- Mon this next weekend. First time for my new puppy "Ozzie" He is so cute, 11 weeks old with paws almost as big as Lilly's. 22 lbs of Newfoundland love!

BadKachina
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
And I almost forgot, I sold my old Mecedes 230 sl to some German guy so now my boat will be paid off!! What a weekend! We are going out to the Springs on Thurs- Mon this next weekend. First time for my new puppy "Ozzie" He is so cute, 11 weeks old with paws almost as big as Lilly's. 22 lbs of Newfoundland love!
You want to buy a 450sl before you spend all that cash???? 60k original miles, new top, new seats. :idea:

Markos
08-06-2007, 09:37 PM
No thanks,I have enough cars

RaceFace
08-06-2007, 09:49 PM
No keg yet. I still have 3 kegs at home, but I did get a t-shirt and my wife picked up a cycling jersey. We ran in to one of the Barley Bros bartenders at the dog park, we'll probably get a keg from them too. I figure one from each place should get me through the winter :D....unless you come over and help drink it :jawdrop:
You can ALWAYS count me in! I can grab refills in the winter for you too. We do alot of motorcycle riding in Havi in the winter....so Havi beer is always accessible!! Here's the deal, when you dust (or WE) dust one of your kegs and make room for another, you can get a keg from whichever brewery you want, and I will pick up the keg from the other brewery.
Deal??

PaPaG
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I had a great quiet relaxing restful weekend til I read that post...then it went all down hill from there...strange how so many tough guys can get offected by this horific incident...It hurts a ton because it is a child, we all have kids, nephews, nieces, grand kids or friends or family with kids that we all love and always try to protect...this one slipped by her protectors and not by their fault but by the actions of another....lets keep a good watch on the ones we are to protect...I know this would have killed my will if it was my family member..
To all the good Hot Boaters, please be careful, watch what you do, drink one less if any at all while boating, think of the kids..No fighting needed just a wish...
Thanks

dicudmore
08-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Where were you? I didn't see your boat? It would be so much easier to recognize everyone if they had a picture of your boat with them :idea:
on the Cobra cat with 98 Vector 21 :wink:

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 10:15 PM
on the Cobra cat with 98 Vector 21 :wink:
Why were you wearing an Ultra hat :idea: :D. Own a Spectre, wearing an Ultra Hat, riding on a DCB or Cobra...you play the field :D
That's twice I've seen you on someone else's boat...and not on yours :jawdrop:

dicudmore
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Why were you wearing an Ultra hat :idea: :D. Own a Spectre, wearing an Ultra Hat, riding on a DCB or Cobra...you play the field :D
That's twice I've seen you on someone else's boat...and not on yours :jawdrop:
the hat is because I used to own this...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385C8EDB828-B193-784E-FC919DA49EDE880A.jpg
and yes, I'm pretty much a boat slut... :D

Chipster27
08-06-2007, 10:47 PM
the hat is because I used to own this...
and yes, I'm pretty much a boat slut... :D
Too funny. Good to see you again, next time remind me that your Dan dicudmore and my simpleton brain will put 2 and 2 together :squiggle:

dicudmore
08-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Too funny. Good to see you again, next time remind me that your Dan dicudmore and my simpleton brain will put 2 and 2 together :squiggle:
haha no worries :D
Dan <----will be driving the Spectre this weekend...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I had a great weekend. Went out with Lightning and his lovely wife on Friday night and laid by a pool in a San Diego hotel ALL day Saturday and Sunday. It was lovely. :D

havaduner
08-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Yep, thats mine. My daughter is going to help me get some pictures posted, and get my boat in my Avatar. My brain gets taxed just trying to post words!
Dinner was nice, and you were definetly welcome! We'll have to hook up on the water again sometime.
As for Dan, I agree with his comment he's a boat slut! :D I think their is even picture somewhere of him, on his boat, Ultra hat on, with a Cobra T-shirt!

dicudmore
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Yep, thats mine. My daughter is going to help me get some pictures posted, and get my boat in my Avatar. My brain gets taxed just trying to post words!
Dinner was nice, and you were definetly welcome! We'll have to hook up on the water again sometime.
As for Dan, I agree with his comment he's a boat slut! :D I think their is even picture somewhere of him, on his boat, Ultra hat on, with a Cobra T-shirt!
You're probably right...I'd advertise for Jeff more often if I could get one with short sleeves...that long sleeve is a little warm for August :D Heck, I've even seen pics of me in pontoon boats, Kachinas and Shockwaves. Long as it floats, I'll roll in it :D