PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves on the freeway....

Kachina26
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
OK, this is what really pisses me off. I'm buzzing along with the cruise set to 80,(or any speed for that matter) somebody comes up behind me a little faster, so I move over. I let them go by and then come back into the fast lane. Within 5 minutes the passer has slowed to less than 80. So I go around, this upsets the passer, so they gun it and go around me, only to slow once again. All this time, I've never changed my speed. What the hell is wrong with people? Does it deflate you manhood to be passed by someone? I don't care if you are in front of me or in back of me, I just want to go a constant speed. :mad:

Debbolas
08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
OK, this is what really pisses me off. I'm buzzing along with the cruise set to 80,(or any speed for that matter) somebody comes up behind me a little faster, so I move over. I let them go by and then come back into the fast lane. Within 5 minutes the passer has slowed to less than 80. So I go around, this upsets the passer, so they gun it and go around me, only to slow once again. All this time, I've never changed my speed. What the hell is wrong with people? Does it deflate you manhood to be passed by someone? I don't care if you are in front of me or in back of me, I just want to go a constant speed. :mad:
I bet they are on a cell phone:D

vee-driven
08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
You should have shot the bastard!

phebus
08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I was getting road head. :D

Kachina26
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Sorry, I was getting road hard.... :D
Woah! TMI!

RitcheyRch
08-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I have that happen all the time. I hate it as well. Most of the time they are on the cell phone.

Beanpohl
08-06-2007, 04:01 PM
This seems to happen a lot... especially on the 40 out to the zoo.
While we're at it, how 'bout this one: if you drive in the fast lane on a 4 lane freeway, you need to keep a reasonably safe following distance (not a football field mind you, but a few car lengths). But then some a-hole in the next lane decides to squeeze in between you and the car you're following. Now you gotta slow down to make a safe following distance with him, which leaves another pocket for another a-hole. Time to slow down again. And the cycle continues. Just get behind me! :mad:

Dave C
08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
fixed it for you ;)
BTW I hate that too. ;) :D
OK, this is what really pisses me off. I'm buzzing along with the cruise set to 80,(or any speed for that matter) somebody cuts me off.....:

YeLLowBoaT
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
The guys I hate is when they pass( or come into your lane) then jump on the brakes. Rather its to make an exit or to get to a slighly faster lane. if I had a nickle for ever time I have had to do a rapid lane change or jump on the brakes, I could aford a 100 mph boat and own the lake it on...

Xlration Marine
08-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Whats the "legal" and posted speed limit. Not to say the other driver was driving a shockwave and obaying the speed limit. Some people on the roads like to think they own them and want to make sure everone is doing the "posted" speed limit. Yes the far left lane is know for the "HAULING ASS" lane, but?
Now the thing that pisses me off the most is all of the other drivers on the road that are in my way. Wich is any one going under 80 or so.

Kachina26
08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Whats the "legal" and posted speed limit. Not to say the other driver was driving a shockwave and obaying the speed limit. Some people on the roads like to think they own them and want to make sure everone is doing the "posted" speed limit. Yes the far left lane is know for the "HAULING ASS" lane, but?
Now the thing that pisses me off the most is all of the other drivers on the road that are in my way. Wich is any one going under 80 or so.
Those folks are known as "the keepers of the speed", and I will go around them. I'm talkin' about the ones that want to go faster than me, but only for a short distance.

Xlration Marine
08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Those folks are known as "the keepers of the speed", and I will go around them. I'm talkin' about the ones that want to go faster than me, but only for a short distance.
Yea I know. You had me so P.0 ed that I thought my enter button was some old bags head. I had a chick do that to me while my boat was in toe? tow. Bimmers are nice but the cheby has more power, so I passed that biacth up and layed the smack down on her scanky azz. And I wouldn't ley her by to do it again.

socalmoney
08-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry, I was getting road head. :D
My peeve is when I see someone getting road head and it's not me.

Wet Dream
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
You have NO idea how often that happens. Sorry folks, but you can't lay claim to that move, it is prevalent all over the US. You think SoCal is bad, I invite you to go check out the real dummies...in New England.

HighRoller
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
I call 'em "Nutswingers". They drive according to what everyone else is doing. If you're doing 60, they'll be 1 car length behind you doing 60. Speed up to 80 and they're still there. Slow back down to 65 and still there. If you move over they will whiz by but without a pace car in front of them and too stupid to use the cruise control, you'll soon run over them when ADD kicks in or the cell phone rings.
Once in a while on the road I used to get a really good nutswinger behind the back of my trailer so close you couldn't see anything but a shadow. Speed up, slow down, hit the brakes and still there. When this happens I would use the jake brake to slow down subtly without brake lights. Most of the time you can get them below 40mph before they wake up and realize what's happening!! The current record is about 27mph on an empty stretch of interstate. Then they'll whip into the fast lane and blow by you....only to be in your way two miles later.

River Lynchmob
08-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Or how about the a holes that go directly from the onramp to the fast lane almost causing 14 accidents on the way there to just drive 60 and slow everyone else down (usually asian)

bordsmnj
08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
the sooner y'all realizre that it is i who own the road. that better off we'll all be. the number 1 lane is for passing only. if you aint passing anybody get the **** out. it is in fact the law. i set my cruise control to 78.5 miles an hour. if someone comes up on me i get out of the way. if i pass them again that's it for common curtisy.i've traded paint on more than one occasion with an idiot that thought he would pull out and snake two more cars after everyone just got done figuring out how to merge. yeah, i'll slam on my brakes to let you in...NOT! this is a great venting thread:D i have a little penis and a BIG truck. i love nothing more to be the one out of the ten cars backed up behind the clueless idiot on the phone(in the fast lane of course) the pulls out and gets back in inches(or less) in front of that cars hood,:jawdrop:

boaterh
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
The divers that bother me the worst are the one driving 5-8 MPH under the speed limit, usually in the left lane!

repo man
08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
how about the asshole that cuts you off 30 times in the fast track. ass hole it's two lanes . is the one car you made up ,about .005 seconds worth the accident you almost caused going to make that much difference in your day?

Wet Dream
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I call 'em "Nutswingers". They drive according to what everyone else is doing. If you're doing 60, they'll be 1 car length behind you doing 60. Speed up to 80 and they're still there. Slow back down to 65 and still there. If you move over they will whiz by but without a pace car in front of them and too stupid to use the cruise control, you'll soon run over them when ADD kicks in or the cell phone rings.
Once in a while on the road I used to get a really good nutswinger behind the back of my trailer so close you couldn't see anything but a shadow. Speed up, slow down, hit the brakes and still there. When this happens I would use the jake brake to slow down subtly without brake lights. Most of the time you can get them below 40mph before they wake up and realize what's happening!! The current record is about 27mph on an empty stretch of interstate. Then they'll whip into the fast lane and blow by you....only to be in your way two miles later.
How true this is!!! I had a similar situation the other night, at 1 am with highbeams on. Sorry to sound sexist, but it was a female.

thatguy
08-06-2007, 06:00 PM
The speed momitors are the worst. Let me worry about the ticket, OK?
Now here is something, it isn't a hate thing, more of curiosity.
How many times have you seen one shoe or sandle laying by the road?
Where is the other shoe? Points to ponder.
Tommy

Kachina26
08-06-2007, 06:09 PM
The speed momitors are the worst. Let me worry about the ticket, OK?
Now here is something, it isn't a hate thing, more of curiosity.
How many times have you seen one shoe or sandle laying by the road?
Where is the other shoe? Points to ponder.
Tommy
I've always wondered how the underwear gets there........
Oh, another thing. I hate when I'm not in the fast lane, doing 75ish between hesperia and barstow and some jackass wants to pass the folks who are only doing 90 in the fast lane by getting on my ass and trying to push me. Somehow at that point my foot starts getting lighter, almost like it has helium in it. Better than when I was young and just stomped on the brakes I guess.

soulboater#1
08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
The one thing i love to do is jam the dickhead behind me in between my trailer and the big rig next to me(on a 2 laner)-I will set the cruise control so that my boat trailer is at the side door of the big rig and the a-hole behind me can't get around-will do this for a few miles or until said dickhead calms down and stops high beaming me:D

bordsmnj
08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
The one thing i love to do is jam the dickhead behind me in between my trailer and the big rig next to me(on a 2 laner)-I will set the cruise control so that my boat trailer is at the side door of the big rig and the a-hole behind me can't get around-will do this for a few miles or until said dickhead calms down and stops high beaming me:D
why wouldn't you just get the hell out of the way instead?

RiverRatMike
08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
mine would have to be hwy 95hwy here in havasu 55 mph towards the south side you have two cars going the same speed and no way to get around them. I like to drive about 7 to 8mph over speed limit

HighRoller
08-06-2007, 08:49 PM
High beams=brake check. If you are flashing me I assume something is wrong with my vehicle and I will apply the brakes...probably before your hand comes off the headlight control so be ready dickhead!!
The other thing is that the vehicle in front of you has control of the lane UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE LANE! Don't pass a truck moving from left to right until it is actually in the right lane. Swerving around the back of a semi to mash the gas is a recipe for disaster because every once in a while there is something on the shoulder (e.g. law enforcement) that will make the truck come back to the left. And if you get run off the road it's YOUR fault.

EAZYKILLER2006
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I have that happen all the time. I hate it as well. Most of the time they are on the cell phone.
lol i thought you meant RH
the TMI was too funny

thatguy
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM
why wouldn't you just get the hell out of the way instead?
Because he enjoys watching his mirror instead of the road. Or maybe being the root cause of a road rage incident is his thing. Perhaps he is actually a speed monitor, as stated in other posts.
All we know for certian is that he enjoys being in our way.
Make your pass and get the hell over dipshit. You are not helping anything and compounding an already inherently dangerous situation. Sticking a towed vehicle beside a big rig on purpose is assinine, AND ilegal in CA.
Tommy

OGShocker
08-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Off Duty LEO's in the HOV lane.... ALONE!

SummitKarl
08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
mine would have to be hwy 95hwy here in havasu 55 mph towards the south side you have two cars going the same speed and no way to get around them. I like to drive about 7 to 8mph over speed limit
hummmmmm:idea: ..............:D

bordsmnj
08-06-2007, 10:25 PM
High beams=brake check. If you are flashing me I assume something is wrong with my vehicle and I will apply the brakes...probably before your hand comes off the headlight control so be ready dickhead!!
The other thing is that the vehicle in front of you has control of the lane UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE LANE! Don't pass a truck moving from left to right until it is actually in the right lane. Swerving around the back of a semi to mash the gas is a recipe for disaster because every once in a while there is something on the shoulder (e.g. law enforcement) that will make the truck come back to the left. And if you get run off the road it's YOUR fault.
i agree with the second half of your post. BUT brake checking is chickenshit. stupid ,too. someday you may do that to the wrong person. not wise.

YeLLowBoaT
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Off Duty LEO's in the HOV lane.... ALONE!
Didn't you know??? the law does not apply to them.
( atleast some of them I know, really think the law does not apply to them... few on hb like that too... MR 100mph DCB comes to mind.)

jbone
08-07-2007, 01:45 AM
I hate when I'm approching a lane merge for a checkpoint, road work, or whatever, and some think they are more important than everyone else. Instead of "zippering in" like everyone else, they jam up front and wait for someone to let them in.
The thing that REALLY pisses me off is there is always some p.o.s. that does.
J

Jbb
08-07-2007, 04:03 AM
I hate that Brown drives in the HOV lane ...thinking it's ok because his inflatable girlfriend is in the passenger seat.... :mad:

photo chick
08-07-2007, 04:16 AM
How true this is!!! I had a similar situation the other night, at 1 am with highbeams on. Sorry to sound sexist, but it was a female.
Since when are you sorry about that? :D
Women are the worst drivers though......Especially the ones in SUVs with five kids. They're usually on the phone and not paying attention! They drive me nuts, they drive like they are the only one's in the world and that they are somehow exempt from being idiots b/c they have a sign in the back window that says "Baby on board". Hello......if you really cared about the baby you'd get off the darn phone!:mad: and get out of the fast lane you're blocking!

superdave013
08-07-2007, 04:34 AM
I get pissed when people in little cars do not respect my DCB sticker!! WTF are they thinking?? :mad:

Jbb
08-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Since when are you sorry about that? :D
Women are the worst drivers though......Especially the ones in SUVs with five kids. They're usually on the phone and not paying attention! They drive me nuts, they drive like they are the only one's in the world and that they are somehow exempt from being idiots b/c they have a sign in the back window that says "Baby on board". Hello......if you really cared about the baby you'd get off the darn phone!:mad: and get out of the fast lane you're blocking!
How many speeding tickets to date .....speed racer?

photo chick
08-07-2007, 04:47 AM
How many speeding tickets to date .....speed racer?
I lost count dear..upwards of 15 in my lifetime...Got one in Louisiana last week too....I need radar! I'm working on getting one in each state :jawdrop:

Jbb
08-07-2007, 04:51 AM
I lost count dear..upwards of 15 in my lifetime...Got one in Louisiana last week too....I need radar! I'm working on getting one in each state :jawdrop:
woman driver...:rolleyes:

photo chick
08-07-2007, 04:53 AM
woman driver...:rolleyes:
Yep.....with a speed problem!

Cigalert
08-07-2007, 05:13 AM
There is always some brake happy assclown on the 15 on the way back to SoCal just past Bartsow. You know the one. The guy (or gal) who is clipping along at the same speed as everyone else but constantly keeping their opposite foot on the brake. They don't slow down they just keep flashing their brake lights.

jxr02
08-07-2007, 05:15 AM
My pet peeve are the folks that drive in the break down lane for two miles at 70mph because traffic is backed up and they want to exit.
I've noticed that women with kids and SUVs are bad drivers as well. But my theory is that its the valium they're on not their cell phone. Although if I had as many screaming kids in a car as some I've seen, I would be on something as well.
Also, anyone on the road between 10am and 3pm is most likely driving poorly. Thats when the sales guy typing on his BB is sharing the roads with the 80 yr old grey hairs that should not even have a DL.

Racey
08-07-2007, 06:57 AM
My observations conclude that the worst drivers on the road drive (a) Japanese Cars/trucks, (b) Minivans. Start watching and you will see this to be true. I hate pricks that hog the fast lane and do the speed limit or less. Also prick ass rock/gravel trucks that waste your paint and windshields, and run in the fast lane up a hill trying to pass each other :mad:

USCFAN
08-07-2007, 07:07 AM
How about the guy towing his boat or jet ski's in the carpool or number 5 lane. I always get a kick out of this.

Schiada76
08-07-2007, 07:51 AM
The fawkin truckers going uo grade that whip into your lane to pass the slower truck just before you pull up even with them.:mad: I swear they do it on purpose.

Havasu Luvr
08-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey Randy
This is the one I hate. Towing the boat to the river EB 40 pulling the slight grade out of Ludlow in the #1 lane and barely making headway on the Truck in the #2 lane. Cars approaching fast behind me so I decide to pullover into the #2 lane to let them pass with plenty of time doing their current speed. THEN when they get beside me they slow down to look at the boat and truck which now messes with my timing to go around the slow moving truck in front of me so NOW I loose my momentum and I am f*cked on the grade. Now I just stay in the #1 lane until I pass the slowmoving rig...usually backs up 4-7 cars but they can accelerate much better then me..... Call it F8cked up, call me an asshole but that is just the way it is going to be........:D

a catered life
08-07-2007, 08:02 AM
i thought you were going to say asians who never use their signals:eek:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-07-2007, 08:05 AM
I agree Randy. We always laugh when that happens. What part of cruise control or even maintaing a constant speed with your foot to people find so difficult to grasp?

Kachina26
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey Randy
This is the one I hate. Towing the boat to the river EB 40 pulling the slight grade out of Ludlow in the #1 lane and barely making headway on the Truck in the #2 lane. Cars approaching fast behind me so I decide to pullover into the #2 lane to let them pass with plenty of time doing their current speed. THEN when they get beside me they slow down to look at the boat and truck which now messes with my timing to go around the slow moving truck in front of me so NOW I loose my momentum and I am f*cked on the grade. Now I just stay in the #1 lane until I pass the slowmoving rig...usually backs up 4-7 cars but they can accelerate much better then me..... Call it F8cked up, call me an asshole but that is just the way it is going to be........:D
I solved that, the boat stays at the river. :D
i thought you were going to say asians who never use their signals:eek:
My wife always uses her signals.

Old Texan
08-07-2007, 10:25 AM
i agree with the second half of your post. BUT brake checking is chickenshit. stupid ,too. someday you may do that to the wrong person. not wise.
Brake checking is not the way to go. If you are having problems with a tail gater and are fortunate enough to be driving a high performace standard shift vehicle, it is much more effective to instantaneously downshift and accelerate. You will definitly get the tailgater's attention as you suddenly slow and then are gone without the warning of brakelights. He will most likely shithimself as he for a mere split second, thinks he has eaten your bumper, but then you are gone. Warning: Just don't miss a gear or you will suffer extensive rear end damage........:devil:
And please note this is just a smartasse reply and in no way shape or form a recommended form of shaking a tailgater.:D

Old Texan
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
So you're driving along making good time and the knucklehead with cruise control set on 72 pulls over to pass the guy in the slow lane going 70. After the cars behind him stack up to 6+ and counting he gradually makes progress past the slower vehicle, when out of nowhere comes "Dale, JR" in the right hand lane behind the vehicle being passed, passing the line to his left with the intention of cutting off this angry line of cars waiting patiently for knucklehead 1 to complete his 3 mile pass.
Mr. Priviledged thinks he will just cut right in and show all his god given taxpayer's right to his share of the highway. A true A--hole!!!!!!

brianthomas
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
So you're driving along making good time and the knucklehead with cruise control set on 72 pulls over to pass the guy in the slow lane going 70. After the cars behind him stack up to 6+ and counting he gradually makes progress past the slower vehicle, when out of nowhere comes "Dale, JR" in the right hand lane behind the vehicle being passed, passing the line to his left with the intention of cutting off this angry line of cars waiting patiently for knucklehead 1 to complete his 3 mile pass.
Mr. Priviledged thinks he will just cut right in and show all his god given taxpayer's right to his share of the highway. A true A--hole!!!!!!
I usually see these idiots approaching on my right and make sure I snug up just enough to the car in front of me to NOT allow them in front of me.

sea2lake
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Ive got one
how about making a left turn in the left turn lane,(2 left turn lanes) and some a hole in the right side turn lane decides to cut the turn short, running in to the side of your vehicle?

MR.rvrluvr
08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Also prick ass rock/gravel trucks that waste your paint and windshields, and run in the fast lane up a hill trying to pass each other :mad:
don't include all of us in this...my trucks gates are water tight and tarped...I can also haul 80,000 pounds up the cajon pass at 55 mph all day long....
The fawkin truckers going uo grade that whip into your lane to pass the slower truck just before you pull up even with them.:mad: I swear they do it on purpose.