PDA

View Full Version : Any So. Cal to Texas Transplantes Around?

Cole91
08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I my have a very inticing job offer in TX. any opinion on the Fort Worth / Dallas Area?

BrendellaJet
08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I've been there, does that count? The weather sucked and I was glad to get out. A couple of co-workers just transfered there and they like it, I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the cost of living is cheaper.

Shreve "T"
08-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Moved here from San Diego (Ramona) to Shreveport LA which is 150 miles east of Dallas and never looked back. Great people great food good living...We go to Dallas quite often. Dallas is a great place...Good lakes .:D :D :D :D
Shreveport is 10 miles from the Texas state line.

AirtimeLavey
08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I moved here from North Dallas area. I think it was a great place to live. Good people, lots to do.

HocusPocus
08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
i was born in Dallas, my oldest brother lives just south in Midlothian. I remember liking it as a kid but that was a long time ago. my brother has had many opportunities to move over the years but he loves it there.

RitcheyRch
08-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Think Photo Chick moved to Texas from So Cal.

Big Inch
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Personally would like to move to Austin. Have a lot of friends there and would jump on the opportunity to move there.

Cole91
08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the insite into the area... I will defenitly have a hard time with the weather, but you can get one hell of a big home for the price...
It's not really about me anymore it's more about my kids. any opinion on the life style for the little ones, schools / activities? I was told its a little closer to the California of my youth in the 70's and 80's

Shreve "T"
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the insite into the area... I will defenitly have a hard time with the weather, but you can get one hell of a big home for the price...
It's not really about me anymore it's more about my kids. any opinion on the life style for the little ones, schools / activities? I was told its a little closer to the California of my youth in the 70's and 80's
There is Six flags over Texas as well as a water park. Malls are out of this world. Galleria Mall has a Ice skating in the center of a 4 story mall.. Schools are real good with no state income tax.. Roads are kept up. You are right about the weather. It does take getting used to.
Texas motor speedway has a lot to do if your in to Nascar.
You can get twice the size house for what it cost in CA.:D :D :D :D