PDA

View Full Version : Vertex mag kill

pro53
08-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I am about to install a Vetex mag in my BBF.Just wondering if I need to run a battery kill switch?For the people who are running mags what kind of Kill switch are you using?What is the best way to set this up in my lake boat?

obnoxious001
08-07-2007, 04:36 PM
All you need to do is run a switched lead to ground from the terminal on the outside of the mag. I used a tether type kill on my race boat that also got run as a river boat, but a toggle or push-pull switch could be used also.

Rexone
08-07-2007, 04:55 PM
If you're talking about a kill switch that is teathered to you the 368101 Merc switch (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=killswitches) works well. Carry a spare cap though in the event the spring breaks.
These ground the mag when the cap is pulled (normally open circuit with cap on). Just the opposite of battery ignition kill switch. The merc mag kill switch (368101) can be identified by black and green wire. Battery switch has white wires. :)

GofastRacer
08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I been using that kill switch for a lot of years can't beat it, and it's a no brainer to hook it up!..