PDA

View Full Version : Another disturbing story

THOR
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Folks,
I was talking to a customer of mine that lives in LHC. His neighbor is selling his Mariah (or Larson) deckboat as a result of an incident two weeks ago. He stated that he was coming from the gorge about to make his way through the reeds with his family (about 6 people). He was traveling about 30 mph when he feels a bump. He turns around and sees (and heard) a 28-32 Nordic that bumps him from behind. The driver is laughing along with a female and male passenger. He immediately pulls over and his wife is so freaked out she tells him he will be boating alone as she will no longer be out there.
Can you even believe this crap? Again, I dont recall the size, but he remembers the boat being a 28-32 foot Nordic with flames.
Unbelievable

ChumpChange
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
That's just insane.

It's Only Money
I know a 28' Nordic Heat with orange flames.

BrendellaJet
Folks,
I was talking to a customer of mine that lives in LHC. His neighbor is selling his Mariah (or Larson) deckboat as a result of an incident two weeks ago. He stated that he was coming from the gorge about to make his way through the reeds with his family (about 6 people). He was traveling about 30 mph when he feels a bump. He turns around and sees (and heard) a 28-32 Nordic that bumps him from behind. The driver is laughing along with a female and male passenger. He immediately pulls over and his wife is so freaked out she tells him he will be boating alone as she will no longer be out there.
Can you even believe this crap? Again, I dont recall the size, but he remembers the boat being a 28-32 foot Nordic with flames.
Unbelievable
:idea: that is unbelievable. He must be lying.:D
If he lives out there, why not do all your boating during the week? Much nicer on the water when not a lot of phucktards are out there mucking it up.

Magic34
You've got to be kidding me. :jawdrop:
I'd love to see that guy try that to me. He'd be swallowing a flare. :mad:

AirtimeLavey
08-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Why was he only going 30 through the reeds? Haven't we established it's a 80-100 mph zone??? He must not have been WOT set on kill. I mean how's he expect to do a safety spin going that slow? :rolleyes: Unreal. :mad:

Big Kahunaa
08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
You've got to be kidding me. :jawdrop:
I'd love to see that guy try that to me. He'd be swallowing a flare. :mad:
only flare he would be getting is if i had tracers in my pistola

HM
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Why was he only going 30 through the reeds? Haven't we established it's a 80-100 mph zone??? He must not have been WOT set on kill. I mean how's he expect to do a safety spin going that slow? :rolleyes: Unreal. :mad:
You are hired. :D

AirtimeLavey
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
You are hired. :D
Lol....ooohh do I get paid now? :D

HM
08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Lol....ooohh do I get paid now? :D
yep...you get 90%. :D

USCFAN
08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
This is a joke right? That is freaking unreal...:mad:

ratso
08-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Why doesn't anyone ever get registration numbers???

thatguy
08-07-2007, 11:03 AM
He needs a refresher course from "K-Toys boating school":) :)
Seriously though, how drunk would YOU have to be to bump somebody with your high dollar boat? I would be passed out before I got that "brave".
Tommy

WYRD
08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Why doesn't anyone ever get registration numbers???
This would be my thought too, at least a partial or a state even:idea:
I am sure there are lots of nordics with flames:)
Sux to hear though:eek:

Mandelon
08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Does he ever turn around? Obviously the Nordic driver has issues, bumping somone on purpose is plain nuts, but my head is on constant swivel when I'm driving....I don't think I'd let anyone get that close to me....:confused:

OutCole'd
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Does he ever turn around? Obviously the Nordic driver has issues, bumping somone on purpose is plain nuts, but my head is on constant swivel when I'm driving....I don't think I'd let anyone get that close to me....:confused:
Exactly, that's what I was thinking. How long did it take for the Nordic to get that close to bump into him?
Scary shit none the less. I'm giving up boating and getting into knitting, much safer.

AirtimeLavey
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Yep, me too. I'm always looking to see if someone's coming up faster. Still, no excuse to even bump, even in the channel.

Biglue
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
This post brought a much needed laugh to my morning. LMAO
Now assuming that the story is truth, why would the person who was bumped from behind not follow the Nordic? If you bump someone in traffic and take off on them, it's considered a hit and run. Wouldn't it be the same on a water way? Endagering someone's family like that would make one very hard pressed not to kick the shit out of a joker as such. Whole other thread right there but, I would completely understand someone doing so.

wright27
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Folks,
Unbelievable
She should keep boating, just not in Havasu. Havasu sucks now.

HM
08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey Thor...I will be the first one to say this outloud...
BULLSHIT.
For one thing...it is 3rd party information. Stories like this always start like..."we were just minding our own business, reciting the bible, when all of a sudden...."
I can think of several probable "other" sides. This story is just way too one sided. Perhaps the Nordic bumped them (albeit wrong) to get their attention for something they may just done? Perhaps the other guy had just taken the KilrToy Driving Course and was coming off of 100 MPH and these just left a beach without looking for coming boats or you get what I am saying?

AirtimeLavey
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
BULLSHIT.
For one thing...it is 3rd party information. Stories like this always start like..."we were just minding our own business, reciting the bible, when all of a sudden...."
I can think of several probable "other" sides. This story is just way too one sided. Perhaps the Nordic bumped them (albeit wrong) to get their attention for something they may just done? Perhaps the other guy had just taken the KilrToy Driving Course and was coming off of 100 MPH and these just left a beach without looking for coming boats or you get what I am saying?
Or maybe the guy brake checked him...and deserved to get hit. Just kidding. If it happened as advertised, Nordic dude is a dic.

roostwear
08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm sure you'd like to think so, but reality is you DON'T see everything. I had a boat run up the back of mine IN A FLAT WAKE ZONE. Do I look around? Constantly.... but there are times when you just don't think of every possibility. Unfortunately, that's when it happens. An accident is one thing, but someone playing bumper boats is a conscious decision and would definitely light me off!

phebus
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Can't trust those Nordic owners, they'll stick it in your rear any chance they get. :eek:

Mandelon
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Roostwear, You are right, unexpected things do happen....

Mandelon
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe it was Fast Freddy checking his afterburners. :D

HotRod82
08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
It was only a Larson.....I would have just turned into him as he went by.

Big Warlock
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
She should keep boating, just not in Havasu. Havasu sucks now.
Now? Now meaning 1982 - 2007???? Then you have it right!! :D

Baja Big Dog
08-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Thor....you believe this guy?
Lets think about, your going 30 MPH cruising down the river, and a rather large, and more than likely loud boat comes up behind you and "bumps" you? Bumps you..what the hell is that, how do you bump someone with out damaging both boats? Comon..IM callin serious BULLSHIT....
You cant "BUMP" another boat.......at 30 miles an hour.
The guy had to follow him for a while to pace the boat to allow for the "bump", and the guy didn't hear him? and who cares what shape the guy in the Nordic was in, no one would be that stupid, well IM sure someone would be, but that is extreme!!!
IM afraid IM with HolyMOly.....this is complete
BULLSHIT

THOR
08-07-2007, 12:32 PM
BULLSHIT.
Call it what you want. I wasnt there, but was told about it.

EmpirE231
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Might be an offroad racer.... "nerfing"
I doubt anyone would do that... unless this boat pulled out infront of them, and the nordic had to back off the throttles HARD and still bumped because they had no other way around?
but if the story is as told... the people in the nordic are crazy!! :)

Run_em_Hard
08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't know about this??? It is hard to believe that this would happen the they didn't get any info ar anything. I know that if anyone did this to me with my family I would follow them any we would have some words and so would the police(if I didn't shoot them first)
Serioulsy they could call that attempted murder with a deadly weapon. They do it with cars all the time.

JET-O-VATOR
08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Honk twice. Bump twice then push em outta the way!

vmjtc3
08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I am not saying that this is the case this time, but some times, not very often, every once in a while people actually tell a story as is happened. :D
If it is the case, knowing how pissed I get if I just get cutoff. Mister nodick would be in the hospital and I would be in jail!:mad:

boats&bars
08-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe it was Fast Freddy checking his afterburners. :D
yea he could have bumped the switch on the superchargers, ya never know.