PDA

View Full Version : help with an old issue paint job please? :)

berk
08-07-2007, 04:16 PM
hi can anyone please help me find a picture of a boat in the mag a few years back? it was a low pro v drive bubble deck or similar and the paint was made to look like plates of steel riveted together. i think it also had a checkered flag integrated into it on one side. its the paint scheme i am interested in for another project. any help would be appreciated! thanks - b

Froggystyle
08-07-2007, 04:39 PM
hi can anyone please help me find a picture of a boat in the mag a few years back? it was a low pro v drive bubble deck or similar and the paint was made to look like plates of steel riveted together. i think it also had a checkered flag integrated into it on one side. its the paint scheme i am interested in for another project. any help would be appreciated! thanks - b
It is in one of the gallery archives. As I recall it had some magenta and teal in it as well...
I will try to get that dug up.

berk
08-08-2007, 09:39 AM
thanks! i will look also, i didnt think it was in there.

That Guy
08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Also take a look at www.showpaint.com ...it is Steve Craig's website and he has done that type of thing before. Just finished repainting an Eliminator for the golfer Bob May that used that sort of design..Hope this helps.:)

berk
08-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Hmm, Couldnt Find It There, Thanks Though

berk
08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
septembers magazine has a very similar scheme onthe aft section of a boat on page 90, for reference.