PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Ripping Off DVD that I made

pw_Tony
08-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Anyone know how to rip off parts of a DVD? I'm trying to download a chapter or two off a DVD I made, but am having no luck with any programs. I looked at Windows Media Player but nothing for movies. I just wanted to upload a couple clips to YouTube

thatguy
08-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Normally, if the DVD was a straight burn with no chapters, it is 1 file to the computer.
You have to download the file, open it with, or import it to, a video editing program. Chop it up and save the sections you want as different files. THEN load those smaller files to wherever. (U-tube etc.)
Then try to find them all to delete when done. Thats always fun.
Tommy
PS- There are some experts on here so hopefully some one who really knows will help.

Spotondl
08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Pinnacle Studio is an inexpensive video editing program that will rip a DVD and let you edit the file into smaller parts...

AZKC
08-07-2007, 06:19 PM
How about using Windows Movie Maker:idea:

pw_Tony
08-07-2007, 06:24 PM
How about using Windows Movie Maker:idea:
I tried that.
The main problem I've having is downloading the movie period. If I can do that I can edit it a little.
I made it with FinalCutPro and used Idvd or IMovie to make scene chapters. Can't remember which

hottrodder
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
I use handbrake to rip DVD's for my iPod

Spotondl
08-07-2007, 07:11 PM
You don't have the original FCPro project saved? FCPro sucks at ingesting DVD material... friggen digital rights management crapola...

pw_Tony
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
You don't have the original FCPro project saved? FCPro sucks at ingesting DVD material... friggen digital rights management crapola...
I didn't own the computer I did it on. And now I'm in Bullhead city and it's in San Diego:(
Got to buy a Mac now, and the $1000 program, and all the nifty ones to go with it

Spotondl
08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
If you can get me the DVD or the DVD files, I can rip it to a .WMV or .MOV file for you... then you can edit in Windows whatever...

pw_Tony
08-07-2007, 10:37 PM
If you can get me the DVD or the DVD files, I can rip it to a .WMV or .MOV file for you... then you can edit in Windows whatever...
I'm not sure. I don't have a DVD burner, and I only have one copy right now, made it a few years ago. Thank you for your generous offer, but I'm gonna try and figure out how to download a chapter for my nerd friends via telephone. Thank you:)

shueman
08-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Ulead DVD Movie Factory does the job for me....buy it on-line.