PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Schiada

CP Dad
08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
OK v-drive guys, I found this thing and I new somebody here would want to start a new project. It's a 69 21' Schiada. Complete with a 396 and tranny. I have no idea what v-drive is in it, but the prop turns and the motor spins. As I understood it, the motor was built for another boat and they put it this one sometime in the last year or maybe two. Don't know when it was in the water last, but all the cables work good. The hull is very solid but the seats are trash. I was amazed at how clean the hull came with a minimal amount of rubbing. The only gel repair that I could find was about a 1" x 1" delam on the side in the white area of the hull, very easy fix. Other than that, no stress cracks or hull damage. The cav plates are covered with some type of wood, I guess mohagony, and its got a stainless y pipe that runs the exaust under water. Sits on a comp style tandem trailer that seems very straight, just needs paint and new tires. All the marine hardware is there, just needs to be taken apart and cleaned. This thing would be a true one of kind if it was restored. The guy bought it from his boss' kid or something and is getting the pinks tommorrow. He just needs it gone and says he has $2500 in it. Let me know if anybody wants a crack at it.................
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0333.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0337.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0332.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0331.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0329.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0330.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/rousefamily4/IMG_0328.jpg
This thing is filthy dirty, but about 45 min with the pressure washer and a trip to the nearest dumpster for the seat frames and this thing would be a great foundation for a classic restore. I've got to many irons in the fire right now to take it on........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-07-2007, 10:48 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WILDERTHANU
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
MY EYES!! God damn thats a hell of an ugly scene..

Schiada Time
08-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I am having visions of the day I went and picked my '74 22 footer up although it was not quite this bad. Best of luck to whomever gets it. I can't think of a better classic cruiser to restore. Bill Dunsmore raced one of these a long time ago so he would be a good person to call for advice on this or any Schiada.
ST

Schiada Time
08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
What's up Bob? Word on the street is DeCamp might buy your boat back. Truth to this? I am going to try and make the Schiada regatta in Sept.. It would be great to see you and Lisa. Hope you are doing well. I've been busy with work as the Editor of StreetTrucks Magazine and got married back in April and inherited a 11 year old stepdaughter who loves boating. We have done a few trips and she and the wife are definitley on board.. no pun intended. I am working on a 56 Ford F100 pickup and am living in Fullerton with the wife, kid and a year old Boxer. Hope to see you soon.
Trav

Hallett
08-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't think it's a basket case at all .it would be cool to see it restored if someone has the money to do it right. it would be a cool project .

Hallett
08-09-2007, 08:35 PM
What's up Bob? Word on the street is DeCamp might buy your boat back. Truth to this? I am going to try and make the Schiada regatta in Sept.. It would be great to see you and Lisa. Hope you are doing well. I've been busy with work as the Editor of StreetTrucks Magazine and got married back in April and inherited a 11 year old stepdaughter who loves boating. We have done a few trips and she and the wife are definitley on board.. no pun intended. I am working on a 56 Ford F100 pickup and am living in Fullerton with the wife, kid and a year old Boxer. Hope to see you soon.
Trav Hello Travis all is good with Lisa & i trying to get my hands back i shape i have not decided yet what i'm doing with the boat yet. i sure don't want to sell it i can't even imagine what it would be like to not have it time will tell .all things are for sale for the right price . i saw some pic's of your boat she sure looks great sounds like you & the family are having fun .
i hope i can still injoy mine . we are headed to long beach for the races.
take care Bob & Lisa

SPECTRABRENT
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Hallett,
Are you going to bring your Schiada to Long Beach to show it off?
I think its one of the best looking 21 RC's I have seen.
Brent

fc-pilot
08-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Bob, I would love to officially meet you. Are you going to be there Saturday?
Paul

Hallett
08-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Hi Paul & Brent we will be down there saturday all day i will be with my
mother & daughter .we will have a blue ez- up on the beach it would
be great to meet you guys . my cell is 928 486- 8457. will see you
guys there . Brent i won't have the boat there this time .

BobbyB
08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
I am having visions of the day I went and picked my '74 22 footer up although it was not quite this bad.
ST
Hey ST, what's happnin'? I see that someone has mention pics of your boat, it would be great to see it; can you post some pics? The Spectra is done, and I'm goin to pick it up today. A guy that was doing some work on it says he knows you; Chris York? Small world.
-BobbyB

BobbyB
08-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Hallett,
Are you going to bring your Schiada to Long Beach to show it off?
I think its one of the best looking 21 RC's I have seen.
Brent
Hey Brent, I am goin' down to the races as well, hope to see you there. If you happen to have a couple of XXL Spectra shirts available, I will gladly pay you for them.
-BobbyB

SPECTRABRENT
08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Brent, I am goin' down to the races as well, hope to see you there. If you happen to have a couple of XXL Spectra shirts available, I will gladly pay you for them.
-BobbyB
I am 99.99% sure that I will be going to LB, I will see if I have the XXL shirts.
Brent

BobbyB
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I am 99.99% sure that I will be going to LB, I will see if I have the XXL shirts.
Brent
cool, thanks brent

Schiada Time
08-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Hallett- I will be at the races in the PM on Saturday. I'll look for you guys.
Bobby B- I'll have to have someone post the pics as I am horrible at it. Do a search on V-drives for Red Rockers Schiada Update. I have known York for probably 6 or 7 years--great guy and lots of fun to party with. We will have to drag him out to the river and hang out. Look forward to meeting you and your crew.
Travis

Prop Rod
08-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Its not a v-drive, its a jet boat!! :D :D :D

ol guy
08-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey CP Dad. Just wondered how the buggy was working out for you. The Eliminator has been in Lake Guacamle abot four times now and finally exterminated all the bugs. Handles great and rides like a caddillac in all the crap water there. Built a bullit-proof bottom-end for later upgrades but stuck to a beyond mild top-end. Spins about 4500 rpm and GPS' @ 70 mph. good enough for now! I lost you're number but still have a CJ 429 Manifold for you. M

CP Dad
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
How are ya? BUggy worked great the last few trips out. Took it to the river about 4 times so far. I think I'm going to have the carbs gone through and dial it in for desert season. Glad to hear the cruiser is up and runnin'. I need to get you to have the other owner sign a transfer so I can get it registered if you can. If you can give me a call 951-675-9249. Would love to see some pics of the boat, post em up!!!!
Jason

CP Dad
08-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Bye the way, Schiada sold.......................................

ol guy
08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
hey I just went thru those carbs and it would be a waste. Now I have your'e # i'll call you. Glad it ran good for you. I'f your'e talking about the popping at idle it's a big motor and not happy below 2000rpm. BUT I do have the carb book and you are welcome to take a look. M

CampbellCarl
09-26-2007, 05:52 PM
OK, this thing is in my drive-way and I'm having second thoughts regarding starting yet another project. Maybe Holy Moly or Mouzer will want this. Only info I can add to original info is that the v-drive is a Crusader box and is stamped with 1:21 gears. Seems this is Leonard Schiada's boat #12 as the HIN is something like 00000000000012.
CC
cell (314) ya really (314) 409-7175

DeltaSigBoater
09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Would love to start something now that the season is over, unfortunately nothing of the sorts are in the card$ :(
Unless you wouldn't mine taking a loss on it? :idea:
DeltaSigBoater

SGettmann
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey Travis - how about swim steps like those for your 22'. You'll get the best of both worlds (swim steps without drilling extra holes in the transom). I remember your wife wanting swim steps on your 22' a year ago or so. Looks like a hybred to me. Could also put shag carpeting on the plates as well;)
I am having visions of the day I went and picked my '74 22 footer up although it was not quite this bad. Best of luck to whomever gets it. I can't think of a better classic cruiser to restore. Bill Dunsmore raced one of these a long time ago so he would be a good person to call for advice on this or any Schiada.
ST

Schiada Time
09-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Swimsteps should be illegal on V-drives. I like my polished cav plates.

DeltaSigBoater
09-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Swimsteps should be illegal on V-drives. I like my polished cav plates.
No Those swim steps should be illegal.
I understand what you're saying though.

CampbellCarl
09-27-2007, 07:01 PM
DeltaSig,
Taking a loss to a guy with a Huntington Harbor e-dress just doesn't seem right? lol. I'm open to any offers that won't embarass your Huntington Harbor neighbors!
CC

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 09:36 PM
DeltaSig,
Taking a loss to a guy with a Huntington Harbor e-dress just doesn't seem right? lol. I'm open to any offers that won't embarass your Huntington Harbor neighbors!
CC
I dont live in Huntington Harbour, my grandparents do, but I do the I share the same zip code as Huntington Harbour :D
I would make you an offer but I don't want to insult you and make myself look like a jackazz in the process.
DeltaSigBoater

VDRIVERACING
09-28-2007, 06:56 AM
A little wax and she's ready to go!:rolleyes:

CampbellCarl
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Delta,
I've been insulted many times and don't mind if you look like a jackass!
Carl

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Delta,
I've been insulted many times and don't mind if you look like a jackass!
Carl
I'm gonna have to think about this... :idea:
Because I really dont want to "live in a van down by the harbor!" :D