PDA

View Full Version : Blower SUCKS!!!

moneysucker
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I finally figured out my boats problem with the help of Pertovich Performance in LHC. My blower was actually sucking out of the rear cylinders. Ever since I had it rebuilt it has been generating boost in the front but sucking it back up into the hat in the back causing all sorts of wierd symptome. I borrowed Psycho Squids Blower and ran 98.4 on my first 1/4 track test pass then snapped the belt when going for a full pass. There is more and it feels like taking the wedge out has helped get the nose down, I know that was a concern when it was actually running good 2 years ago. So, Now let the games begin. The blower is back in the shop and should b out in a week and I am going a little larger so the 6 will be for sale. Have a good week all. TTYL
Cy

steelcomp
02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
That's cool, Cy. Glad to hear you finally got to the bottom of that. Freekin gremlins were on their game with this one! Will you be coming to Ming?

Cs19
02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
congrats money.
lets see it run @ the opener!!

moneysucker
02-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Yes, I will be at the opener, I think. I am getting reallly close to being ready. It was the damndest thing that blower trick but Oh well, One for the "I know it sounds stupid but check anyways" book.

wsuwrhr
02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
How how on earth does that happen?
Brian

BUSBY
02-21-2006, 05:48 PM
didn't we ask if you had ruled out the blower ... something about going back to when all of the problems started??? oh well ... at least you figured out the problem ... and a couple of other "bugs" as well! :D
see you soon!
Brian

Nucking futs
02-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Got the bugs out....everytime I hear that I laugh, not at you, with you.
Cy, if it ran that good with squids pos blower, can't wait to see what it does with a real blower ! :D
things are turning around in the DLM empire.

moneysucker
02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
I am getting a back up blower now. and I have someone wanting a blower for a street car so Mine will probably go there once it is fixed. My boost guage saw 10+ lbs for the first time with the squid blower and it idled and respondd very snappy like Petrofied used to. I should have pulled out of the launch ramp and went home and "forgot" to go back to Petrovich Performance and give back the loaner parts.

Dogballs
02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey $$$$
How are the water levels at Martinez in early April? I want to get a trip together and figured you would be the man to ask.
Balls

moneysucker
02-22-2006, 07:56 PM
The water was high according to my brother (rubber ducky) he said the water was high, His wife gets the river report on a weekly basis from one of the locals. I may be ready for a nice test session soon. 2 weeks I will be at El Cap on sunday.

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 08:45 PM
How how on earth does that happen?
Brian
????

moneysucker
02-22-2006, 11:17 PM
????
So, what happened is the front of the blower was charging the case building boost but for some reason the clearances in the rear were letting the air be drawn back up through the center and suucking the air out of my rear cylinders. Littlefield says the blower specs out. I never had a problem until I had the blower stripped and have since replaced everything and only by swapping out blowers was the problem solved. I am getting a new blower next week and testing with that one. if the new one works, I will send the old one to BDS and see what they think. We will see.