PDA

View Full Version : Pesky Mormons

Mandelon
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.break.com/index/door_to_door_atheists_bother_mormons.html
This guys a little upset, but funnnnnnny.

The Doctor
08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Guilty as charged! All three sons went "door bashing" as he says, one to Scotland, one to Idaho and one to Montana. One of my three daughters even went to Italy. They wouldn't trade their mission experiences for anything.
OK, I opened myself up . . .
. . . bash away, just don't expect me to bash back. I'm not into that?

OverKill
08-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Guilty as charged! All three sons went "door bashing" as he says, one to Scotland, one to Idaho and one to Montana. One of my three daughters even went to Italy. They wouldn't trade their mission experiences for anything.
OK, I opened myself up . . .
. . . bash away, just don't expect me to bash back. I'm not into that?
Oh I love door bashing from Mormons. In fact when the knock on the door I ask them to hold on a second. I go get the HOLY BIBLE ( King James Version). A explane to them that the book of Morman was written long after the Holy Bible and quote the scripture where you should not add nor take away from the word of God. After a long and confusing excuse from them, They in fact get bashed back with my front door. I look out the window and here them swearing as the peddel away on ther 10 speed bike, and back pack full of whatever they have. Nice people but have it all wrong.
OverKill

Mandelon
08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't have a problem with Mormons.
I dated a Mormon girl once. She told me she couldn't have sex until she got married.
I asked her if she could please call me when she got married......:devil:

boatnaked
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey, I'm a pesky mormon :devil:
:D :D
I have a feeling that you were not a door basher BI!:idea:

OverKill
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't have a problem with Mormons.
I dated a Mormon girl once. She told me she couldn't have sex until she got married.
I asked her if she could please call me when she got married......:devil:
LMAO that is to funny. So did she call you ??:D

AZKC
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Married a Mormon and I'm Irish Catholic. The Temple shook we we said our vows in Vegas:D
Mandy, you been lettin Debbolas brain wash you. She has some problem with Arizonans also :devil:

MBlaster
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Yea the Mormons are wack.
I like Romney but can't can't get past the whole mormon thing.
Guess it's Rudy for me.

MBlaster
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Married a Mormon and I'm Irish Catholic.
Just curious AZKC...
If you have kids are they going to be catholic or mormon?

AZKC
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Just curious AZKC...
If you have kids are they going to be catholic or mormon?
Been married 30 years and had kid all ready, we found one is enough. Also he's 25 and he can chose what ever he wants.;) We turned into Heathens:eek: and don't see church very often, and when we do go its for a wedding or a funeral.

MBlaster
08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I asked because I have a catholic cousin who married a practicing morman gal. He joined up to be a morman, had like 10 morman kids and basically estranged himself from the rest of his catholic family at his wifes wish.
Dude broke his mothers heart. We never see the guy. His mom never see's her dozen or so grandkids.
Pretty bizarre shit and damn sad.

AZKC
08-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Must be hardcore Mormons, thats to bad. Not fair to his Mom at all, and in the big picture I'll bet the people in his Ward would frown on his actions:devil:

The Doctor
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh I love door bashing from Mormons. In fact when the knock on the door I ask them to hold on a second. I go get the HOLY BIBLE ( King James Version). A explane to them that the book of Morman was written long after the Holy Bible and quote the scripture where you should not add nor take away from the word of God. After a long and confusing excuse from them, They in fact get bashed back with my front door. I look out the window and here them swearing as the peddel away on ther 10 speed bike, and back pack full of whatever they have. Nice people but have it all wrong.
OverKill
Looks like I've been all wrong for years? I converted as a teenager and stayed the course ever since so I must be way off base by your standards? It's funny, I thought life was pretty great staying straight, married for 38 years to my high school sweetheart and raising 6 sober, morally clean, responsible kids? What did I know? Maybe I should have known you earlier to save us all from ourselves I suppose?
Oh, by the way, which quote were you referring to? Revelations 22: 18 or Deuteronomy 4: 2? I'm kinda glad they didn't stop at either myself?

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Gotta tell ya...married a Mormon..with out a doubt the best sex around, tried a coupe others since and they were good!!!:D

78TaylorSS460
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, maybe I'm not a Mormon, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express in Salt Lake City once :D
Thats a good one! LOL

Beanpohl
08-08-2007, 07:40 PM
OverKill
Couldn't Judaism argue the same thing with you? That their Tanakh AKA the Old Testament (written 11th century BC) was the original word of God? Then Protestantism and Catholicism (not sure which you are) "added" the New Testament (1st century AD)? I'm not religious but I hate it when one religious group bashes another...

franky
08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Gotta tell ya...married a Mormon..with out a doubt the best sex around, tried a coupe others since and they were good!!!:D
Man you just gotta class up every thread don't you.
Grew up with a Morman family and I really respect the whole family value/closeness deal. After all the kids were grown up, the guys wife bailed on him
Had a really great Morman girlfriend but it went the route that Mandelon spoke of.
I agree with Overkill on the re-write deal, and the 8 x 10 glossy of the old guys in suites that they try and tell you are the Desciples... love to challenge that one.

AzLakeLizard
08-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Holy Hell.. or should I say "Heck".. was frikking born and raised in SLC. on 2nd ave.. right near the U of U.. dad was a professor there..
born and raised CATHOLIC!!!!!... and swarmed by the MO's.. well I have to admit .. that is really the way it was growing up there!.. It sucked not being around any one who would accept us past the age of 8... long story.. bad really bad feelings.. and even have a brother who decided to become a "bishop" in the LDS religion. ..had to think a minute on that one.. and decided that I still loved him.. but shook my head!:D I have a book I could write.. but I won't waste your eyeballs.. or my poor brain cells...lol
oh.. and heading up to Salt Lake City .. tomorrow to see my family!:jawdrop:

franky
08-09-2007, 04:23 AM
Oh, by the way, which quote were you referring to? Revelations 22: 18 or Deuteronomy 4: 2?
Yep, shouldn't have done it, says it right there. Ready for a plague?

Mrs. 20
08-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Couldn't Judaism argue the same thing with you? That their Tanakh AKA the Old Testament (written 11th century BC) was the original word of God? Then Protestantism and Catholicism (not sure which you are) "added" the New Testament (1st century AD)? I'm not religious but I hate it when one religious group bashes another...
I totally agree. I always thought that being argumentative and belittling never won anyone over to your side of the fence anyways. JMHO.

LeE ss13
08-09-2007, 07:06 AM
One of my first wives was LDS. Family went all the way back to the discovery of Gold in Calif. Last I heard, she was doing time in the Chino Correctional Facilites for women for a Parole violation on an armed robbery conviction. She never was dull.

FOREVER2DOXIES
08-09-2007, 07:11 AM
OverKill
YOU GO!! my daughter lived in Ft Worth for a while and they would never leave her alone after she spoke to them one day at her door. she was tired of the "daily" visits once they glommed on to her, and she had to figure out a way to get them off her back. she had already asked them not to return as she was not interested in joining with them. my daughter being the drama queen that she can be, answered the door one day and began crying....when they asked what was wrong she said not only was she unmarried and living in sin with a man but she was now pregnant! she then told them that she was getting an abortion. that shut them up and sent them on their way! i guess they figured she was too much trouble to change over :jawdrop:

Jordy
08-09-2007, 07:17 AM
That's great stuff!!!! :D :D :D
I'm still kinda partial to this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk_YyPXV_GE

yopengo
08-09-2007, 07:25 AM
:idea: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36735&stc=1&d=1186673052

Keith E. Sayre
08-09-2007, 07:34 AM
I was born and raised Mormon, did the church mission in Chile for 2 years ,
went to BYU and don't regret one minute of any of it. I don't go too often
on Sunday due to my job and my desire to go to the lake. I will say however,
that while there are certainly some flakes, weirdos and even a few extremists
in the Mormon church, the overwhelming majority are very good quality people.
I also have enough respect for others beliefs that I don't attack or degrade anyones
religion or personal beliefs.
Keith Sayre

Magic34
08-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Looks like I've been all wrong for years? I converted as a teenager and stayed the course ever since so I must be way off base by your standards? It's funny, I thought life was pretty great staying straight, married for 38 years to my high school sweetheart and raising 6 sober, morally clean, responsible kids? What did I know? Maybe I should have known you earlier to save us all from ourselves I suppose?
Oh, by the way, which quote were you referring to? Revelations 22: 18 or Deuteronomy 4: 2? I'm kinda glad they didn't stop at either myself?
Doc,
That is the thought of the Momos though. They think that all is great with good works and you will get to 1 of the 3 levels of heaven that way.
I personally was raised mormon after my parents divorced when I was 6 years old. I was baptized at 8 years old and was at church every Sunday and did the whole cub scouts through boy scouts thing (only made it to life though :) ). I was actually the Teacher's quorm President for 20 months. I would spend 5+ hours at church every Sunday at 14-15 years old.
When I turned 16 I started to drift and wanted to make some decisions on my own. I was being forced to attend church at that point, actually, I never really had a choice. I was locked out of Seminary once for being 2 mintues late (it was a huge campus) and I never went back. I figureed that if they couldn't open their arms to my choice of attending, then I will change my choice and never go back. To this day, 12 years later, I never went back for my personalized scriptures my Grandmother gave me and no efforts were ever made to get them back to me.
My best friend's went on missions, my own brother did a mission to England and missed my wedding because of it.
I think that the religion has great morals, the same ones I grew up with and the same that my children will have. The WOW is a good guide to follow. However, in my personal opinion, I dont agree with the teachings. Just my opinion, as that is why there are so many different religions.
Some of the best people in my life were and are mormon. The fault is not in the people. The best people you will ever meet are mormon. At least the ones I know.
Now they just wont leave me alone, so I keep an empty beer car in a cabinet, so when the door bell rings and I can see it is them, I fill the can with some ater really quick and drink on that while thay talk to me at the door. Even though I dont drink, I need to look helpless like I am a lost cause. Haven't seen them now in a year, so it worked last time. :D

Jordy
08-09-2007, 07:57 AM
The WOW is a good guide to follow.
Sometimes you just have to ask yourself WWJD??? :D :D :D
What Would Jordy Do??? seems to be a great guideline for my life. ;) :D

Jbb
08-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Stop the hatred now heathen!...:devil: ...or its a ride on the hell train for you!!!

Magic34
08-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Dude, you might get to hell faster than anyone. :D

Jordy
08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Stop the hatred now heathen!...:devil: ...or its a ride on the hell train for you!!!
Ride??? Who do you think is driving the train??? :D :D :D
Dude, you might get to hell faster than anyone. :D
At least I'll know everyone. ;) :devil: :D

Jbb
08-09-2007, 08:02 AM
The best people you will ever meet are mormon.
I dont know cuz.........I know some pretty fine people ......who happen to be Jews....Catholics.....and lots of "other" religions ....
Best is a pretty strong word.....I wonder if God filters thru religion .....when reaching for the word....."Best"

OutCole'd
08-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Jordy, if you get there first, can you save me a seat? I want to be in the front row!!

Jordy
08-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Jordy, if you get there first, can you save me a seat? I want to be in the front row!!
I believe the seats on the hell train are like the cattle call on Southwest Airlines. I'll see what I can do for ya though. :D

Magic34
08-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I dont know cuz.........I know some pretty fine people ......who happen to be Jews....Catholics.....and lots of "other" religions ....
Best is a pretty strong word.....I wonder if God filters thru religion .....when reaching for the word....."Best"
You are right. I should have prefaced it by the word "some" becuase I have met some schmuck momos and some great ones. I was only thinking of the good ones.
All religions have some amazing people.
I mean, look at Scientology, they have Tom Cruise. :D

That Guy
08-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I got your back.....I'm sponsoring the first ever HB Hell Regatta......:D :D...(It will be just like Havasu in August...:devil: :) ) and yes there will be a poker run....:D

Opinionated
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
My wife attended the Mormon Church for a year or so in her early teen years. She has since been born again. To this day, no matter where we move, we have Mormons visiting atleast twice a month. They know everything about her. We have moved 3 times and her last name even changed 6 years ago. They still know where we live, how many kids we have, and too much other crap that they have no business knowing. I don't waste my time arguing with them anymore, but I do ask them politely to PLEASE leave us alone. They insist on visiting and bringing gifts. This is a total disregard of my family's privacy. They are the most persistent people on earth. There is something wrong with this tactic. If you are high up in the Mormon church, please let them know to leave my wife and her family the hell alone!!!!!!! :D

Magic34
08-09-2007, 08:22 AM
My wife attended the Mormon Church for a year or so in her early teen years. She has since been born again. To this day, no matter where we move, we have Mormons visiting atleast twice a month. They know everything about her. We have moved 3 times and her last name even changed 6 years ago. They still know where we live, how many kids we have, and too much other crap that they have no business knowing. I don't waste my time arguing with them anymore, but I do ask them politely to PLEASE leave us alone. They insist on visiting and bringing gifts. This is a total disregard of my family's privacy. They are the most persistent people on earth. There is something wrong with this tactic. If you are high up in the Mormon church, please let them know to leave my wife and her family the hell alone!!!!!!! :D
They keep finding me too. I dont know how they do it, but they do. I am not listed and in a gated community, and somehow they get to my door.
They should be inviting you to play softball, basketball or something first.

River Lynchmob
08-09-2007, 08:32 AM
I won't bash anything or anyone but food for thought if anyone is interested will give you some insite into the Mormon "religion" it's called "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Michael Krakauer. Very interesting read.

78Eliminator
08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I still cant fathom how people can believe in any kind of god. The whole concept is really laughable.

OLD MAN ON THE LAKE
08-09-2007, 08:35 AM
The best way to get rid of them or any other over the top religious visitors is simple.Just answer the door stark ass naked.Thats it.Show em BIG JIM @ THE TWINNS OR FLUFFY THE BEAVER. Works every time.

photo chick
08-09-2007, 08:36 AM
You are right. I should have prefaced it by the word "some" becuase I have met some schmuck momos and some great ones. I was only thinking of the good ones.
All religions have some amazing people.
I mean, look at Scientology, they have Tom Cruise. :D
Non believers are good people too!!

Jbb
08-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Jordy sez;
All aboard!....lmao...:D

Magic34
08-09-2007, 08:43 AM
No they are not. :D Just to cover everything, even a monkey or giraffe could be a good person if they wanted to.

Magic34
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
The best way to get rid of them or any other over the top religious visitors is simple.Just answer the door stark ass naked.Thats it.Show em BIG JIM @ THE TWINNS OR FLUFFY THE BEAVER. Works every time.
Dont know about fluffy.
My cousin was kicked off his mission in England because he got in fluffy. Some of these guys may go back more if a chick answers naked. Hell, I know what I would have done if I went.
My cousin chose the wrong path. :D The path of English coochy. :D

Cole Trickle
08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Dont know about fluffy.
My cousin was kicked off his mission in England because he got in fluffy. Some of these guys may go back more if a chick answers naked. Hell, I know what I would have done if I went.
My cousin chose the wrong path. :D The path of English coochy. :D
LOL....I bet it was the magic rocks;)
My better half was raised Mormon just like Mike. Most of her family are still very active in the church and all tremendous people. Unfortunatley it is my opinion that church is the biggest business in the world and they are very good at what they do. They give people without hope something to believe in.
I like the fact that Mormons have great family values. I don' like the fact that they don't drink beer and frown upon pre marital sex;)
lol I learned alot about mormanism from southpark from that program and have found that alot of what that show states is simi correct.(dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LOQi_7Vg-U
I am not religious and get all the spirituality I need from the river and dessert.

Sleek-Jet
08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Anyone know how to keep your mormon buddy from drinking all your beer when you go fishing??
Invite another mormon...

fc-pilot
08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
I have to say I have got a kick out of this thread. I chose to go on a mission when I was about twenty and know a heck of a lot more about "banging down peoples doors than most here. I say that not in a condescending way, but more in a humorous way as the things that happen would make you guys roll on the floor. I have seen and heard it all. I have had people pull guns on me (numerous times), open the door while screaming at the top of their lungs, had guys open the door with their Wang hanging out the front of their underwear (so to tick him off we pretended to not notice and still talked to him) and best of all had people try to save me. That was about as successful as us crazy Mormons trying to save you.:D I would not take back one experience. I will totally agree that many of us Morons (oh, did I just call us that) go way to far some times with how we treat people. In our defense, we often get cold shoulders from people just because we are LDS. When it affects getting jobs, finding friends, and just being accepted for who you really are you tend to be a little defensive. I do have to agree that the more Mormons you get in an area the crazier they get. Hence the reason I will never live in Utah.:eek: But that is just me.
To answer a few questions,
Opinionated,
What you need to do is visit with the bishop (it should only be once) and ask to have her records removed. I am sorry but that is how it works. After doing that they will no longer have any records of your wife (or your family) and should stop pestering you with crummy gifts. Now the missionaries will still pound on your door, but that is so you don't feel left out when they pound on your neighbor’s door too.
Magic34,
We get into your development by standing at the gate and spreading our arms. Heck, it worked for Moses, why not us.:idea:
River Lynchmob,
Is Michael Krakauer Mormon? I am sure he would have to be. I would hate to think you would ask a Ford salesman about the quality of a Chevy. I don't think you would do something that foolish as you are an educated person (or at least I am giving you credit as being educated)
Paul Miller
Sleek-jet, if I have some time later I will post some more Mormon jokes as I know a bunch of them.

Magic34
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Magic34,
We get into your development by standing at the gate and spreading our arms. Heck, it worked for Moses, why not us.:idea:
My stepdad is in the high council. I live in the groves of Mesa, AZ in a gated community, more mormons here than Salt Lake. There are 3 stake centers within 1 miles of my house. 2 back to back at my rear gate. I have mormon friends that think it funny by my reaction.
I have a pretty good idea that 1 of those 3 ways is how it happens. :D

Magic34
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I have to say I have got a kick out of this thread. I chose to go on a mission when I was about twenty and know a heck of a lot more about "banging down peoples doors than most here. I say that not in a condescending way, but more in a humorous way as the things that happen would make you guys roll on the floor. I have seen and heard it all. I have had people pull guns on me (numerous times), open the door while screaming at the top of their lungs, had guys open the door with their Wang hanging out the front of their underwear (so to tick him off we pretended to not notice and still talked to him) and best of all had people try to save me. That was about as successful as us crazy Mormons trying to save you.:D I would not take back one experience. I will totally agree that many of us Morons (oh, did I just call us that) go way to far some times with how we treat people. In our defense, we often get cold shoulders from people just because we are LDS. When it affects getting jobs, finding friends, and just being accepted for who you really are you tend to be a little defensive. I do have to agree that the more Mormons you get in an area the crazier they get. Hence the reason I will never live in Utah.:eek: But that is just me.
One of my best friends went on a mission at 20 y/o. It changed his life for the better. He had no direction in life and needed to go do something like a mission to get him determined to follow through with things.
I totally agree with the dense population of mormons like you state in the last few sentences. Where I grew up, Price/Elliott area of Chandler, the mormon people were great. I never switched wards the entire time I was active. Always in the same territory even after moving less than 1 mile away to our second house when I was 18. I have guys that I feel are like a second father to me. Actually the current Bishop was my leader all growing up and him and I still talk to him, not about church, just life in general.
Now the momos in my area are very stand-offish and abrasive. They dont seem to want to help like the other area I was used to. Dont know exactly what it is, but there is a HUGE difference that is very noticable to me here in Mesa compared to Chandler.

fc-pilot
08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
That is also why I won't live in the south east valley. I am afraid the North West valley is starting to get too many of us pesky Mormons over here too. I just can't find a place where I can be different.
Paul

Magic34
08-09-2007, 11:49 AM
That is also why I won't live in the south east valley. I am afraid the North West valley is starting to get too many of us pesky Mormons over here too. I just can't find a place where I can be different.
Paul
:D... Nice having this talk with you Paul. :) I wouldn't call you pesky either.
I did return to some Mormon memories a few months ago...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rhino_at_Geronimo.JPG

Sleek-Jet
08-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Sleek-jet, if I have some time later I will post some more Mormon jokes as I know a bunch of them.
LOL... most of my friends growing up were either Catholic or Mormon... I've got a pant load of jokes for either one... :D
My ex sister-in-law (she's Mormon) used to invite the missionaries in and let them use the computer to email and such... a strict no-no from what I understand. Most of those kid seemed like they were having a good time, a few were a little to fanatical, and a few just wanted to go home.

Keith E. Sayre
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I find it incredibly comforting to know that we live in a country where we can
discuss religion which as we all know is the most explosive subject on the
planet. Literally.
I also find it comforting to know that most in the USA can even laugh or
smile when someone pokes a bit of fun at us or us at ourselves.
Thank God for the USA.
Keith Sayre
PS--I know all the good Mormon jokes!

SnoC653
08-09-2007, 12:13 PM
just curious if any of you have visited Nauvoo since they rebuilt the temple or if you are planning to. I own a house near there and prior to work moving me a little further away, I can honestly say I've never had anyone knock on my door without me having visited a site and signing the guest book. While not a Mormon, I've met and known many and they seem just like everyone else. Some follow the rules closer than others, some are good people and some not so good. Bottom line they are just people. I evaluate them as such and not as Mormons vs non-Mormons.
If any of you do go to the temple here, give me a shout and maybe we can hook up. I'll even point you to the good places to stay.

Big Warlock
08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
If I get to the office and you bought a train, I am going to be pissed!!!!

Big Warlock
08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I have a bad taste in my mouth for Mormons. (I was brought up Catholic)
Sad, because the guy that got me through Ranger School many years ago was the first Mormon I ever met. He was awesome. I really looked up to him.
Through the years, I have several "lessons" in business. 90% of the time it is a Mormon screwing me out of something. The crooked ways in which they do business is focking amazing!!!
Also, the Mormons believe that their information was passed down to their founder. Sadly, it is simply an off shoot of the MASONS!!!!! Just get ahold of the Mason's guidebook and it reads amazingly close to the Mormon religion! LOL
Like everything, there are good people and bad people. I don't appreciate people coming into our gated community to knock on doors though. It says NO SOLICITING. I guess reading and understanding isn't a strong point.
And, I thought I would never say this, I will not vote for Mit because of it.

Magic34
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
And, I thought I would never say this, I will not vote for Mit because of it.
It is unfortunate, and I am sure that many feel the same way you do.
Mit is probably the best guy on the ticket though.
We are focked next year.

Big Warlock
08-09-2007, 12:56 PM
It is unfortunate, and I am sure that many feel the same way you do.
Mit is probably the best guy on the ticket though.
We are focked next year.
Sorry, don't like the way they do business. I can't imagine him in the white house.
Fred Thompson is going to do well. Rudy will be able to win the deal if he takes New York from Hilly!!

Dave C
08-09-2007, 01:32 PM
they outlawed religion around here so no one knocks on my door... No, not really but it is on November's ballot ;)...
ain't nothing but godless heathens and atheists around here...... :) :eek:
at least you don't have to slam the door in anyones face :D

fc-pilot
08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey Magic34, if we ever cross paths I would love to say hi and meet you. It would be cool to show that some of us nut-jobs can even enjoy a day on the lake as if I were a real person or something.
Sleek-Jet, the email thing has been a touchy subject over the last ten years or so. At first it was allowed, and before too long these kids would spend all day sitting in front of a computer emailing back and forth with their mommy. Needless to say that was not being much of a grown up. So they then said no more emails for a little bit. Then once they got that figured out they allowed certain areas to continue emailing again, but asked that it be limited to once a week. That is where things are right now as far as the email thing goes.
SnoC653, If I make it up there again it would be really cool to meet you. It is always great to put a face with a name. I was up there a few years ago, but did not get to spend much time as we were only driving through.
Lebel409, that is a shame about the scouting deal there. I wonder if the pansy LDS parents are afraid their little bundle of joy will get shown up by real scouters that are not LDS. Did you ever try and make contact with them and find out if the rumor was true? I could see a troop or two being stand-offish, but not all of them. Then again I could be wrong (as I have been wrong before).
Paul Miller
P.S. if any of you were thinking of doing business with me please don't, I don't want to ruin your idea that you have that all Mormons are dirty in business.;)

The Doctor
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
just curious if any of you have visited Nauvoo since they rebuilt the temple or if you are planning to. I own a house near there and prior to work moving me a little further away, I can honestly say I've never had anyone knock on my door without me having visited a site and signing the guest book. While not a Mormon, I've met and known many and they seem just like everyone else. Some follow the rules closer than others, some are good people and some not so good. Bottom line they are just people. I evaluate them as such and not as Mormons vs non-Mormons.
If any of you do go to the temple here, give me a shout and maybe we can hook up. I'll even point you to the good places to stay.
We had the pleasure of visiting Nauvoo during the construction on our way back to Ohio to pick up a race engine. We really enjoyed it. We visited again just prior to the completion on our way back to Indy to pick up a funny car.
I appreciate your perspective that we are actually people. Some are more kind, honest, loving, straight-arrow and pleasant to be around than others. I also find this to be true with every other segment of the human race and it's a pleasure being included in that group. I've been a Mormon for over 40 years now and can honestly say that they are all humans. I'm not sure why we are supposed to be perfect because we attend Church? Never made much sense to me as Church is a sanctuary for sinners-Not a mausoleum for saints. If we were perfect, what's the need to attend where we are learning to be better? I've made a great deal of progress in my life but would have to admit that I'm quite imperfect but pleased to be still learning but I'll bet when we meet up, you'll like me and my family, imperfect as we may be.
Oh, for the scouters, I'm also pleased to say all three of my sons are Eagles. I thank the Church for having such a program to develop character.

WishIknew
08-09-2007, 01:39 PM
This is what they make door closers for:D :D maybe have some security at the door???????

Magic34
08-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey Magic34, if we ever cross paths I would love to say hi and meet you. It would be cool to show that some of us nut-jobs can even enjoy a day on the lake as if I were a real person or something.
Nah, all you nut jobs are alike. :D
I spent many summers boating on Lake Powell as a mormon. Hiked "hole in the rock" too. :D We would go with the Teachers and Priest group. We had 18 boys on 1 trip and 5 boats.:jawdrop:
So, I know some of you can be normal.
One year, we were all hanging out in a canyon up passed Dangling Rope. When we came out, I noticed a ton of clouds building onthe horizon. I was on the bishop's 18' celebrity open bow. The other boats decided they wanted to tube their way back. The bish asked us what we wanted to do. Without hesitation and not letting anyone else speak, i said we are heading back to camp, no questions. I said it kind of firm and they gave me the what the heck look. Well, about 1 mile short of camp the storm hit. 6-7 foot swells in the channel and we were in a large bay. Bish then looked at me and asked what to do.:jawdrop:
I told him to trim it up and keep the bow straight up as possible without letting waves catch us from behind. We made it back to camp, however the windshield had broken out of the boat. Everyone had their life jackets on. This is the only time I can remember doing so in my life due to fear.
The other boats got caught in it and headed for coves. We were back at camp for over 3 hours before the first boat made it back. 1 of the others sunk just before getting to a beach. We had to go back and get it. It was an outboard and the only thing out of the water was the motor. It went to the trailer and had to be rebuilt later that year.
Long story even longer, I spent many summers only boating with mormons, so I know that some of you are OK. :D I was when I was one. :)

Big Warlock
08-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Sleek-Jet, the email thing has been a touchy subject over the last ten years or so. At first it was allowed, and before too long these kids would spend all day sitting in front of a computer emailing back and forth with their mommy. Needless to say that was not being much of a grown up. So they then said no more emails for a little bit. Then once they got that figured out they allowed certain areas to continue emailing again, but asked that it be limited to once a week. That is where things are right now as far as the email thing goes.
SnoC653, If I make it up there again it would be really cool to meet you. It is always great to put a face with a name. I was up there a few years ago, but did not get to spend much time as we were only driving through.
Lebel409, that is a shame about the scouting deal there. I wonder if the pansy LDS parents are afraid their little bundle of joy will get shown up by real scouters that are not LDS. Did you ever try and make contact with them and find out if the rumor was true? I could see a troop or two being stand-offish, but not all of them. Then again I could be wrong (as I have been wrong before).
Paul Miller
P.S. if any of you were thinking of doing business with me please don't, I don't want to ruin your idea that you have that all Mormons are dirty in business.;)
Trust me, these weren't little deals. And as much as I appreciate everyone helping everyone out at the temple, this stuff does happen. :eek:

Magic34
08-09-2007, 01:52 PM
We had the pleasure of visiting Nauvoo during the construction on our way back to Ohio to pick up a race engine. We really enjoyed it. We visited again just prior to the completion on our way back to Indy to pick up a funny car.
I appreciate your perspective that we are actually people. Some are more kind, honest, loving, straight-arrow and pleasant to be around than others. I also find this to be true with every other segment of the human race and it's a pleasure being included in that group. I've been a Mormon for over 40 years now and can honestly say that they are all humans. I'm not sure why we are supposed to be perfect because we attend Church? Never made much sense to me as Church is a sanctuary for sinners-Not a mausoleum for saints. If we were perfect, what's the need to attend where we are learning to be better? I've made a great deal of progress in my life but would have to admit that I'm quite imperfect but pleased to be still learning but I'll bet when we meet up, you'll like me and my family, imperfect as we may be.
Oh, for the scouters, I'm also pleased to say all three of my sons are Eagles. I thank the Church for having such a program to develop character.
I only made it to Life, about 5 total badges short of Eagle, but spent many days on projects for friends and even my brother. Something about getting a car at 16 y/o kind of hurt that goal. You can tell who the black sheep is. :D
And there are crazy nut jobs in every religion and life.

fc-pilot
08-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Lebel, Unfortunately you are right, they (we) do often run our own ship when it comes to things like scouting. I know where I grew up there were no "Strong" scouting troops outside the church that we could have activities with. Because of that we often had non-Mormons in our troop because the district office would direct them to us. We would only get to associate with other troops at big regional camps. I am sure you are right about the issues that you ran into though. I do apologize about that.
I do have to say that while on my mission in Montana I branded as many cattle as I knocked on doors. I participated in lots of service projects that took place in the community. I also helped restore a historic catholic church and even helped roof a non-denominational church building. I don't usually tell people about that as I don't want to sound as if I am bragging, but those are the kind of things we do when we are not in the ties. Nobody ever notices anything we do if we are not in the ties though.
As far as business dealings go, I am usually involved in small deal that most people would not have any interest in. My meeting yesterday was concerning a miniscule 40+ million dollar deal. But then again that is a cash deal so it does not count like helping people at the temple.;)
Paul Miller

Jbb
08-09-2007, 04:27 PM
As far as business dealings go, I am usually involved in small deal that most people would not have any interest in. My meeting yesterday was concerning a miniscule 40+ million dollar deal. But then again that is a cash deal so it does not count like helping people at the temple.;)
Paul Miller
....lol....Oh Brother......:D :D

Tom Brown
08-09-2007, 04:32 PM
My meeting yesterday was concerning a miniscule 40+ million dollar deal.
I'm glad someone is finally stepping up to help that poor Algerian widow claim her long lost inheritance.

dunaholic
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I always invite the missionaries in for a beer. I don't bother getting out of my chair to answer the door when someone knocks, because I figure if it were someone wanting to do me harm they wouldn't be knocking anyhow. I normally have my front door open until I go to bed so chances are if the door is open I am in my chair watching the tube. Anyhow if they say they can't come and have a beer I tell them "well, I'm not about to get out of my chair to stand at the door, and I think talking religion should be done over a cold one anyhow". I have yet to hear what one of them has said other than "no, we can't do that".

OCMerrill
08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I had a Mormon friend in high school. Their family was the nicest group of folks you could ever meet.
They introduced me to Glamis back in 1981. They sure could have some serious fun.
I did try and go to church with them a few times. Felt very uncomfortable.
The word "Click" comes to mind. Don't know if it's the best choice of words but it's just like being popular at high school. Some kids are "in" and some...well just like ***boat.:D

fc-pilot
08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
OCMerrill,
I know what you are talking about. When ever I go on vacation I go to church where I am at. I took ski trips to Salt Lake for seven or eight years before someone even said hi and shook my hand. I am afraid that happens in the Mormon church just as I have seen at others. I have also seen multiple clicks in single ward, but that crap usually happens in the more affluent ($$$$$$$) areas.
Paul

Bella
08-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Program? Oh you mean thank the Boy Scouts of America for having such a program. Gotcha

whiteworks
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
have any of you ever invited them in and talked to them? I was over at my freinds house one day and while I was there these two guys elder and elder showed up. my buddy invites them in and we all start talking for a few and have some lemonaide. My freind says that he is really glad they came back and appreiciates them offering to help with stuff around his house and then proceeds to get them started on work in his back yard. So I ask him whats the deal and he tells me that they stopped by a few weeks ago for the first time and he was asking them questions about there mission, they then proceeded to tell him about the service aspects of the deal and offer to help him with things around the house. he said that they had been coming by once a week and all he had to do was listen to them a bit and give them lemonaide and they would work. this went on for a few months and his backyard turned out great.:D :D
on a side note while on a ski trip to utah in highschool I got busted for throwing a party in my hotel room "lots of contraband" I was given 2 options
1. go to juvenile hall in utah and have my parents drive up to get me
2. go directly to greyhound buy a bus ticket and get the fock out of utah.
I chose option 2, never been back execpt driving thru 1 mph less than posted speed limit.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Program? Oh you mean thank the Boy Scouts of America for having such a program. Gotcha
Well look who it is.... :D
No part time, inactive Mormon marriage suckers in this thread. :D