PDA

View Full Version : Promax 300 vs SVS Intake & High Flow Reed Plate

Toffen
01-01-2003, 06:18 AM
Hi,
I may have asked this a while ago. What kind of performance gain in horsepower should I expect from a SVS Intake and the new High Flow Reed Plate? I have a 1999 Promax 300 (with a 2002 powerhead).
Any experiences using MADEFI modified tuner for the Promax 300?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers, Toffen G

carreracat257
01-01-2003, 12:14 PM
I just sent both set of heads,reeds and reed blocks to efi mad.Wayne said should see about 700-800 rpm gain.with just bolt on stuff.

DamageInc
01-02-2003, 02:51 PM
We just did a little testing with that a couple of months ago. We put in the modified reeds and cages as well as the tuner. It made a significant difference. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I think it was about a 7-8 mph improvement. Not bad for "bolt-on" stuff. My boat is at Wayne's now getting the XXXTreme treatment! 300X powerhead with Wayne's intake, reeds, MSD ignition, light flywheel, and his ECU. Can't wait to try it out!!

Toffen
01-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Hi!
Have not decided yet for what kind of setup I will choose. When you tried the MadEfi intake, reeds and tuner - did you leave the ECU in stock form and kept the rev limiter unchanged?
I intend to bolt on a new intake + reed intake from Brucato + tuner from MadEFI OR reeds, reddintake and tuner all from MadEfi. I want to keep the revlimiter unchanged as holeshot is good and I have a new powerhead to take care of.
I may also buy his 300X drop on package (with mild heads) pulling in excess of 350 HP for fast runs, but it is matter of money....
Look forward to hearing back from you!
Cheers, Toffen G

DamageInc
01-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Toffen,
Yes, everything stayed completely stock except for the reeds/cages and the tuner.
Here's an idea for you. With me buying the 300X powerhead, I now have a spare 300 powerhead I would be willing to part with. You could always modify one and keep the stock one as a spare! :D
Good luck!

motion300
02-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Damageinc Is that power head stock? How much will you sell it for? mwwalters@earthlink.net
Michael 410-885-2848

TOBTEK
02-13-2003, 08:22 AM
just curious, but what does he make for a new 300X for a little extra speed? without spending a ton-o-dough.....

kab
02-13-2003, 08:51 AM
Toby- already looking for more speed. You haven't even broken yours in yet, and probably haven't even deceided on a prop yet :D

Screaming Pete
02-13-2003, 09:23 AM
TOBTEK:
just curious, but what does he make for a new 300X for a little extra speed? without spending a ton-o-dough..... Kab, He Must be feeling the heat of Screaming Pete commingup on him :D

TOBTEK
02-13-2003, 10:33 AM
JUST INTERESTED! I would really just like more excelleration/holeshot truth be known. 90mph was enough top end for me, but with that speed prop it sucked out of the hole and wouldnt be fun all the time. someday when I learn to drive this, watch out pete. :D :D

Screaming Pete
02-14-2003, 02:14 PM
TOBTEK:
JUST INTERESTED! I would really just like more excelleration/holeshot truth be known. 90mph was enough top end for me, but with that speed prop it sucked out of the hole and wouldnt be fun all the time. someday when I learn to drive this, watch out pete. :D :D Toby what Prop were you using??? :cool:

TOBTEK
02-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Screaming Pete:
TOBTEK:
JUST INTERESTED! I would really just like more excelleration/holeshot truth be known. 90mph was enough top end for me, but with that speed prop it sucked out of the hole and wouldnt be fun all the time. someday when I learn to drive this, watch out pete. :D :D Toby what Prop were you using??? :cool: A 26 bravo is on there right now, not sure if its lab finish (how do ya tell?) I still need to tell DCB what prop I want. Ive been using used prop's. the 26 is good out of the hole, but you can tell its limiting the speed. Want to try that new prop merc has out...4 or 5 blade ET? What do you use? and what day are you going up to LA for the show?.....Tobtek

Screaming Pete
02-14-2003, 02:37 PM
toby, using a 28 brovo 1 lab and needto go to a 30 and have one to try as soon as the water goes up a 30 4 blade cleaver works best but mercury has not yet put them on the market I demoed several for them and made out a report but still no props yet ...I also have a 27 3 blade lighting et :D

Screaming Pete
02-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Toby going one night or afternoon next week and sun the 23rd wink

TOBTEK
02-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Screaming Pete:
toby, using a 28 brovo 1 lab and needto go to a 30 and have one to try as soon as the water goes up a 30 4 blade cleaver works best but mercury has not yet put them on the market I demoed several for them and made out a report but still no props yet ...I also have a 27 3 blade lighting et :D HEY.....I want to try the 27ET. I assumed they only had 26/28/30's maybe a 28ET as well. Whats your holeshot like with the 30Bravo?
We are going to the show Sun the 23rd, if she says we can that is..... :D

O.B eddie
02-14-2003, 04:51 PM
DamageInc:
We just did a little testing with that a couple of months ago. We put in the modified reeds and cages as well as the tuner. It made a significant difference. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I think it was about a 7-8 mph improvement. Not bad for "bolt-on" stuff. My boat is at Wayne's now getting the XXXTreme treatment! 300X powerhead with Wayne's intake, reeds, MSD ignition, light flywheel, and his ECU. Can't wait to try it out!! I made all the same changes the one that helped the most was the fly wheel especially under hard acceleration!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screaming Pete
02-20-2003, 08:33 AM
TOBTEK:
Screaming Pete:
toby, using a 28 brovo 1 lab and needto go to a 30 and have one to try as soon as the water goes up a 30 4 blade cleaver works best but mercury has not yet put them on the market I demoed several for them and made out a report but still no props yet ...I also have a 27 3 blade lighting et :D HEY.....I want to try the 27ET. I assumed they only had 26/28/30's maybe a 28ET as well. Whats your holeshot like with the 30Bravo?
We are going to the show Sun the 23rd, if she says we can that is..... :D

Screaming Pete
02-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Damm I posted a post reply to Tobtek and it didn't show up WTF....Toby going to the BIG SHOW sun 23rd myself , did you pick up any soft coolers that match your boat yet ??? Hope to se you and the Miss Tobtek thier sun I be spending time with a river rat at DCB and elemanatior

TOBTEK
02-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Screaming Pete:
Damm I posted a post reply to Tobtek and it didn't show up WTF....Toby going to the BIG SHOW sun 23rd myself , did you pick up any soft coolers that match your boat yet ??? Hope to se you and the Miss Tobtek thier sun I be spending time with a river rat at DCB and elemanatior hey there......nope didnt get a "soft cooler" in fact havent ever herd of/seen one before :confused: when we are there Sunday how do we idenify each other? what time does it open?

Screaming Pete
02-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I have a beard, I wheight to much and got a fine wife and I'm not the 1 with the rolex :cool:

Screaming Pete
02-20-2003, 12:30 PM
TOBTEK:
Screaming Pete:
Damm I posted a post reply to Tobtek and it didn't show up WTF....Toby going to the BIG SHOW sun 23rd myself , did you pick up any soft coolers that match your boat yet ??? Hope to se you and the Miss Tobtek thier sun I be spending time with a river rat at DCB and elemanatior hey there......nope didnt get a "soft cooler" in fact havent ever herd of/seen one before :confused: when we are there Sunday how do we idenify each other? what time does it open? Toby, soft coolers are the only way to go in a mach22 and they work well also.I think they open around 9 or 10am

TOBTEK
02-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Screaming Pete:
TOBTEK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Screaming Pete:
Damm I posted a post reply to Tobtek and it didn't show up WTF....Toby going to the BIG SHOW sun 23rd myself , did you pick up any soft coolers that match your boat yet ??? Hope to se you and the Miss Tobtek thier sun I be spending time with a river rat at DCB and elemanatior hey there......nope didnt get a "soft cooler" in fact havent ever herd of/seen one before :confused: when we are there Sunday how do we idenify each other? what time does it open? Toby, soft coolers are the only way to go in a mach22 and they work well also.I think they open around 9 or 10am [/QUOTE
what is so cool about these soft coolers? can I get a blue flame model?