PDA

View Full Version : so i just watched the 4th of july video...

cyclone
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
there's seems to be some discrepancies between what i read on the board and what i saw on the video regarding the matchups..........
3 or 4 of the pairings were pretty lopsided.
lots of boats chasing other boats that left early. did everyone forget their river racing skills?
that said, labor day weekend should be monumental if all those boats end up in the same locale.
game on. :)

Cs19
08-08-2007, 09:05 PM
there's seems to be some discrepancies between what i read on the board and what i saw on the video regarding the matchups..........
3 or 4 of the pairings were pretty lopsided.
lots of boats chasing other boats that left early. did everyone forget their river racing skills?
that said, labor day weekend should be monumental if all those boats end up in the same locale.
game on. :)
I saw the same thing but yet people still hurried home to post they kicked ass out there

djdtpr
08-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I saw the same thing but yet people still hurried home to post they kicked ass out there
I was thinking the same thing!

HBjet
08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
They must have had a different camera angle or they were looking on the other side of the island... :D
Still cool to see so many boats run all in one location, but I like the river better then the lagoon where you can run for 10 seconds wot and have all the room to shut down.

Dogballs
08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Great coverage of the action however, I am a little dizzy!:220v:

Cheyenne580
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Where's the video?
Jim

djdtpr
08-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Where's the video?
Jim
Its all about single carbed deals running insane numbers and smokin everyone so it is like a normal weekend at BR. Just ask the regulars they will tell ya.just havin fun after a night of drinkin so dont take it seriously.HA HA

Cs19
08-10-2007, 04:59 AM
haha
You wont be laughing when one of those single carbed deals spanks a blown alky deal.

Cheyenne580
08-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Its all about single carbed deals running insane numbers and smokin everyone so it is like a normal weekend at BR. Just ask the regulars they will tell ya.just havin fun after a night of drinkin so dont take it seriously.HA HA
I don't take anything serious these day's.Well i'm heading to the river.LATER!!!
Jim

pce680
08-10-2007, 05:51 AM
haha
You wont be laughing when one of those single carbed deals spanks a blown alky deal.
I got a single carb deal that runs 8.50's at 125 mph. (Unported heads) HA HA

PGF500
08-10-2007, 07:26 AM
PCE680- You cheater! How is it that your single carb engine is faster than your comp engine??? When are you going to get that hydro done and choke slam lipinski right out of his own class???

djdtpr
08-10-2007, 08:52 AM
haha
HA HA im pretty sure i will be laughing followed by a nice cold beer. I have no desire to be the fastest guy on the river ill let you be that guy you play the part better. Ill stick to being the regular drunk guy. lol:devil: :D

Johnwithjm
08-10-2007, 09:19 AM
HA HA im pretty sure i will be laughing followed by a nice cold beer. I have no desire to be the fastest guy on the river ill let you be that guy you play the part better. Ill stick to being the regular drunk guy. lol:devil: :D
Ok so it is on for Labor day CS19 and his single carb VS the blown alky DJD from 6th street:)

HBjet
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Ok so it is on for Labor day CS19 and his single carb VS the blown alky DJD from 6th street:)
Sure sounds that way to me. :D I wonder if they will pair up a few times - with rolling starts and from a squat.
Should be fun to watch.
:D

Bense468
08-10-2007, 10:09 AM
How are you feeling this morn danny. 4 hours of sleep on a hard night...right before we hit havasu LOL...NICE, were comin in hot this afternoon. Better get your beauty rest you ugly fock. Oh and hows that block wall?

djdtpr
08-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh and hows that block wall?
Ya that was real nice to walk out and see this morning!!!!!!!:mad: Nice little dent in my front bumper.

djdtpr
08-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh come on thats not a fair race hes got pontiac heads and all sorts of trick stuff in that motor of his and mines a four year old standard chevy. Im gonna go watch all the real fast guys run and drink beer. After were done shooting birds in the morning that is.

RUSSO
08-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Oh come on thats not a fair race hes got pontiac heads and all sorts of trick stuff in that motor of his and mines a four year old standard chevy. Im gonna go watch all the real fast guys run and drink beer. After were done shooting birds in the morning that is.
Just bring the wacker and spank them boys.. 1 2 or 3 carbs at a time!!!!:devil:

djdtpr
08-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Just bring the wacker and spank them boys.. 1 2 or 3 carbs at a time!!!!:devil:
Thinking about taking the wacker that way we can run up river and go eat at my pops place at big river. I guess next weekend down in Yuma i will figure it out. Hell Bendejo might not make it through the weekend down there.

Dogballs
08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Thinking about taking the wacker that way we can run up river and go eat at my pops place at big river. I guess next weekend down in Yuma i will figure it out. Hell Bendejo might not make it through the weekend down there.
DJD,
Who all are you heading to Yuma with? I hope to show!
Balls

HBjet
08-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh you really did it now. Don't be saying how old your motor is and compare it to something new and different. Don't you know that is not allowed - you are really going to ruffle some feathers with that statement... LOL:D

Cs19
08-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh come on thats not a fair race hes got pontiac heads and all sorts of trick stuff in that motor
Your right its not fair, you should pull a plug wire to make it fair.. Blown injected/Alky and a light lay up vs. 990 corrected HP and a medium lay up. Thats hardly fair but Im game.

Cs19
08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Sounds good to me..

Dogballs
08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds good to me..
line um up

Johnwithjm
08-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Your right its not fair, you should pull a plug wire to make it fair.. Blown injected/Alky and a light lay up vs. 990 corrected HP and a medium lay up. Thats hardly fair but Im game.
That is a good point. The question is will the 6th ST. boys come to race?

TRG
08-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Oh you really did it now. Don't be saying how old your motor is and compare it to something new and different. Don't you know that is not allowed - you are really going to ruffle some feathers with that statement... LOL:D
At least he will not complain that he had an ice chest, bow light, anchor and all the other shit you should not have in the boat when going out to race on the river! lol
Thats ok Randy, we all know that you like to use those items in your boat as a "Krutch", for that "Just incase i have to pull an explanation out of my ass" type of scenerio!

BOOGEYMAN
08-11-2007, 09:52 AM
A chase is a race.............
Travis.

djdtpr
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
HMMMM i guess only time will tell. It will pretty much be decided by what time in the am we go to bed!!!:D
Balls we are heading out to Yuma this thursday night or friday am with pretty much everyone that was there last year.

Johnwithjm
08-12-2007, 08:30 PM
HMMMM i guess only time will tell. It will pretty much be decided by what time in the am we go to bed!!!:D
Balls we are heading out to Yuma this thursday night or friday am with pretty much everyone that was there last year. Get tucked in at a decient time and show up and saw some people off:D

HBjet
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
At least he will not complain that he had an ice chest, bow light, anchor and all the other shit you should not have in the boat when going out to race on the river! lol
Thats ok Randy, we all know that you like to use those items in your boat as a "Krutch", for that "Just incase i have to pull an explanation out of my ass" type of scenerio!
Todd Todd Todd... You know I don't run with the anchor, ice chest, and other crap in the boat. As for the bow light, I thought it was a nice touch, but it has gone away when the old hull was sold and there are no plans for adding one to the CP. Heck, I even take out the back seat cushions because they can fly out. I know because I had one hit the motor before. So I take them out only for that reason (miss the newer interior I had in my old boat) but I have thought about some velcro to hold them down like my last boat had.
Now, don't worry about what I have in my boat, you should be working on getting your boat in the water :D
See you in 09' :D

UltraMike7824
08-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Well im not sure if i count as a 6th street boy, but i should be there. I got something new for you guys.

TRG
08-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Todd Todd Todd... You know I don't run with the anchor, ice chest, and other crap in the boat. As for the bow light, I thought it was a nice touch, but it has gone away when the old hull was sold and there are no plans for adding one to the CP. Heck, I even take out the back seat cushions because they can fly out. I know because I had one hit the motor before. So I take them out only for that reason (miss the newer interior I had in my old boat) but I have thought about some velcro to hold them down like my last boat had.
Now, don't worry about what I have in my boat, you should be working on getting your boat in the water :D
See you in 09' :D
09"?....might wanna check your arithmatic
Dont get over zealous with that "BUTTON" i cant wait to hear your excuses about how your 6y.o. motor is tired now!
P.S.3M velcro can be found @ Home Depot in the Hdwr dept. $2.96 for a whole roll!

Bense468
08-12-2007, 10:49 PM
free PARIS

djdtpr
08-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Well i apreciate the fact that you think my garage built terd makes big power but im sure we are in the same ball park. As for the lay up they are pretty close but the difference is i havnt been tweekeing on mine for four or five years and i dont do it for a livin either but if i can wake up early enough or should i say go to sleep early enough ill role up and let ya have a shot at me as long as we can drink a beer afterwords. Loser buys!:) Either way im ok cause i got CL in my chest and you got CL in yours.
HB i cant run him a few times i will have a hard enough time just doing it once without breaking something.;)

Cs19
08-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Anything that turns 8800 on a pass is making some power DJD ;)
I have no setup on my deal..I ran it last weekend, its nowhere near dialed in but it felt good to back on the water for sure. I need to make some progress these next few weeks if Im going to race anyone Labor Day.
Chris

Johnwithjm
08-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Ok so I need to get a count of what boats are gonna be there. I asume CS19 and Djd are gonna be there.

cyclone
08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm in and i'll bring a bigger cooler this time since more drinking than boat racing might be the end result. :D

djdtpr
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Anything that turns 8800 on a pass is making some power DJD ;)
I have no setup on my deal..I ran it last weekend, its nowhere near dialed in but it felt good to back on the water for sure. I need to make some progress these next few weeks if Im going to race anyone Labor Day.
Chris
I wish it would run 8800 loaded but it doesnt it oly runs 8300 and 8500 on wind choped water but im sure as you know if i put an intake pressure gauge on,it wouldnt read much pressure at all. It doesnt seem like the rpm to mph is rite to me. Glad to hear that you are back in the water not havin a boat runnin is a pisser and ridin shotgun gets old after awhile.See ya on Labor Day if not down at the deal they are trying to do i will be at Aha later that afternoon for the CP dealio and some evening runs.
John im a maybe if its gonna go down early but if its gonna happen later in the day i will be in.

Cs19
08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
DJD, what size impeller?

djdtpr
08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
DJD, what size impeller?
Detailed berk A and the bowl is detailed also.

Cs19
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
8000 plus on an A is serious, dang.

JR131
08-14-2007, 07:57 AM
we had a 2a impeller in the thunderstruck boat turning 8400 the boat ran 145
and consistently 7.20 s
jr

Cs19
08-14-2007, 08:11 AM
and consistently 7.20 s
jr
that was a bad ass daytona

Bense468
08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
John im a maybe if its gonna go down early but if its gonna happen later in the day i will be in.
This line should just be a maybe all together. We have to get back from mexico first :devil:

djdtpr
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
and consistently 7.20 s
jr
What were you guys running for power in it? Im definatly not seeing 145 in this thing or 7.20 it might run in the high 8's. I just started getting the setup under control so its starting to come around now.
Bense dont sweat Mexico this weekend i made a few calls we are dialed. The strip club\wh@re house is ready and waiting they are expecting us thursday night and i reserved friday and saturday just incase we are haveing to much fun. Hell we may not even see the river in Yuma this weekend!

JR131
08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
not as much motor as you
545 chevy aluminum heads psi and a buzzard catcher
are you the guy that has the aries motor

BUSBY
08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
not as much motor as you
Jr ...
Chris is the guy with the Arias ... DJD is Danny ... Danny is running a 1471 retro hi-helix w/ a bird on a BBC ... (540?) in a TPR Stealth
Danny ...
you should hook up with Harold & Harold Jr. ... your boat is very similar to Jr.'s old Daytona ... he was running blown alcohol ... they probably have the set up & hardware to get you to the 145 mark from his boat ... :idea:
Then where would the singled carb/pump gas guys be guys be??? :D Oh, wait, I know ... behind you :D
(sorry ... just the blown injected guy coming out of me :devil: ... I don't have any room to speak, I don't have a running boat)

djdtpr
08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
not as much motor as you
No mine is the blue and white TPR with the chevy in it here is a pic.
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4426/aha2wg9.jpg

JR131
08-14-2007, 12:26 PM
when we ran the boat with the same motor and a 1471 we ran 135 and a 7.50to 7.53
if you need some help give me a call

Bense468
08-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Its just a 396...

JR131
08-14-2007, 12:27 PM
whats your gps reading

djdtpr
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Between 125 and 132 but i havnt held it for more than probably six seconds. Its starting to come around still trying a few more things that Tommy and i were working on. The motors only a 461.

Johnwithjm
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Between 125 and 132 but i havnt held it for more than probably six seconds. Its starting to come around still trying a few more things that Tommy and i were working on. The motors only a 461. Dam that is fast. Now I know why your the KING:)

Mike D..
08-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Ok so I need to get a count of what boats are gonna be there. I asume CS19 and Djd are gonna be there.
SO how many have rsvp for sat mourning

Cs19
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
it happens.......

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 01:23 AM
it happens.......
Hey CS look at what time I posted this,thats my excuse it happends babe i was drunk and she works at a strip club what did you expect? Oh well thats how the mafia rolls,by the wy are you comin to Yuma this weekend for the all you can drink show and shine?

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 01:26 AM
R U serious i doubt you will make it to this deal if itys that early let alone make it out of Yuma feeling alive this weekend.:D

JR131
08-15-2007, 06:38 AM
then you are about right there thats pretty close to what we were running with the small motor
jr

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 07:33 AM
7 or 8 fast guys so far I am still trying to get in touch with a few more. Mike D you are gonna show right. DJD you better make it also.

Cs19
08-15-2007, 08:30 AM
then you are about right there thats pretty close to what we were running with the small motor
jr
So your saying he is in the 7.50 range?

cyclone
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
7 or 8 fast guys so far I am still trying to get in touch with a few more. Mike D you are gonna show right. DJD you better make it also.
Can you pm me directions, time, date. no idea how to get to harris' house.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Can you pm me directions, time, date. no idea how to get to harris' house.
I will have all the info in a couple days and let you know.

BUSBY
08-15-2007, 08:56 AM
So your saying he is in the 7.50 range?
I would think so ... he has all of the right equipment ... JR would know his weights, motor placement, etc ... but I think their rides are very close to each other

Bense468
08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
John just tell him there is free breakfast. He's never late for that. :D
Problem is I might show up too lol

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
John just tell him there is free breakfast. He's never late for that. :D
Problem is I might show up too lol
I think the 6th street boys should bring us breakfast:D

Bense468
08-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Ok what kinds of eggs do you like with your JACK

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Ok what kinds of eggs do you like with your JACKLOL:D

JR131
08-15-2007, 10:25 AM
So your saying he is in the 7.50 range
no there is a big difference between going fast and going quick
would think so ... he has all of the right equipment ... JR would know his weights, motor placement, etc ... but I think their rides are very close to each other
not even close the rides and setups are completely different but yes he does have all the right parts to run fast
if you are going to be at the river on laborday weekend pops and i will come and see you at the sandbar above aha let me know
jr

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 10:55 AM
if you are going to be at the river on laborday weekend pops and i will come and see you at the sandbar above aha let me know
jr
We will be ther on saturday for the day but but back to 6th st for sunday and monday.
Bense closing the TITI bar was rough as hell i ended up ruined doing yeager bombers and crown popers.

Bense468
08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm going to go ahead and not quote you on this one danny, so you can use that nice little edit feature to edit what you just said.
:D

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Only if you eat what we do in the am. Red beers for the whole gang!

Bense468
08-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Danny likes to sprinkle cope on his eggs. Ya down john?

JR131
08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
we will stop by and have a chat
jr

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I am planning on shooting a few birds first, I am going to leave the ride in the garage at Harry`s So all I have to do is drive down when we are done. I think Djd, shoe and Bense are going to be with me. If all goes well and we don`t shoot each other by accident. We should be there right about the right time. Maybe DJD might want to leave his boat there in the mourning on his way up to AHA. I can call Harry and park his ride right in front so nobody F`s with it. If he is game.
I`ll pass on the cope, jack & eggs. Lets make Harry and the boys make breakfast.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I am planning on shooting a few birds first, I am going to leave the ride in the garage at Harry`s So all I have to do is drive down when we are done. I think Djd, shoe and Bense are going to be with me. If all goes well and we don`t shoot each other by accident. We should be there right about the right time. Maybe DJD might want to leave his boat there in the mourning on his way up to AHA. I can call Harry and park his ride right in front so nobody F`s with it. If he is game.
I`ll pass on the cope, jack & eggs. Lets make Harry and the boys make breakfast.
Sounds good Mike this could be your chance to get off the JV team:D

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Danny likes to sprinkle cope on his eggs. Ya down john? I am a skoal man myself.

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds good Mike this could be your chance to get off the JV team:D
I think you should come hunting with me in the mourning. I will let you walk in front, you can have first shot and don`t forget to duck :D LOL

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I think you should come hunting with me in the mourning. I will let you walk in front, you can have first shot and don`t forget to duck :D LOL
If that is the case you better bring your big gun:D

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey Mike call me in the morning and i will get with you on this deal and see what we can come up with.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Mike call me in the morning and i will get with you on this deal and see what we can come up with.
Good man DJD. I will give you a call soon with details.

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Good man DJD. I will give you a call soon with details.
Im doing my best to line this out and make it there before alot of boats get on the water. Just got the boat all put together from the forth and fired it with new barrel valve assy. Definatly fixed the issues that i was having.

TRG
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Thats alot of eggs and bacon there John,...how bout a Mcmuffin???

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Thats alot of eggs and bacon there John,...how bout a Mcmuffin???
Mickey Ds works:)

TRG
08-15-2007, 07:40 PM
You takin the deck or your cheyanne this weekend?

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
If that is the case you better bring your big gun:D
How big ? I figured Dick Cheney would loan me his. Stay tuned Graduation Day Coming Soon

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Will do I have a long day on these wonderful freeways.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 08:03 PM
How big ? I figured Dick Cheney would loan me his. Stay tuned Graduation Day Coming Soon
Just don't bring the 410 cause I am bringing my 12gauge;)

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Just don't bring the 410 cause I am bringing my 12gauge;)
So you want to kill some birds? or are you a beauty sleep kind of guy.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 08:14 PM
So you want to kill some birds? or are you a beauty sleep kind of guy. I use to hunt alot but not in a while. I will be to busy that morning;)

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I use to hunt alot but not in a while. I will be to busy that morning;)
Oh ya i hear a Mike D vs John D shoot out!:) Its the classic jv vs varsity match come on john dont back down come on out and join us.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh ya i hear a Mike D vs John D shoot out!:) Its the classic jv vs varsity match come on john dont back down come on out and join us.
I would love to but I will be to busy getting my old heap ready for the races.

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
He won`t show DJD he`s afraid that the JV team will out shoot him. Even if I do use a 410 single shoot.

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 08:45 PM
He won`t show DJD he`s afraid that the JV team will out shoot him. Even if I do use a 410 single shoot.
Yep i am just a freshman looking to move up the ranks:eek:

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I would love to but I will be to busy getting my old heap ready for the races.
I hear ya thats probably why i wont make it early still will need to go back and get the boat and the wife ready.

Mike D..
08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
I hear ya thats probably why i wont make it early still will need to go back and get the boat and the wife ready.
What are your plans for that weekend? What I mean is when are you leaving for the weekend? thur nite? fri nite?

djdtpr
08-15-2007, 09:12 PM
What are your plans for that weekend? What I mean is when are you leaving for the weekend? thur nite? fri nite?
I am leavin thursday night and comin home on moday. I plan on hangin at Aha on saturday and back at sixth on sunday and monday.

Bense468
08-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm in Mike. Just got in and packin for yuma. Have a good weekend.