View Full Version : Up sweep headers

Bailey
08-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Where's a good place to buy up sweep headers? Thanks Shawn

cyclone
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
sixth street.
ha hah ah ahahahaha..j/k
try rewarder headers. Jim is a good guy and makes nice headers.

djdtpr
08-08-2007, 11:30 PM
God these are getting as common as twisties! I hope you are not planning on running them on a N\A motor cause they will rob the piss out of the HP. Try Rewarder thats where we all bought ours.

502 JET
08-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I have to run twisties or upsweept headers to clear my supercharger.
I was looking at the Edelbrock stainless upsweeps. They are very reasonable at around $450. a set. They may only make them for chevy though.
I wanted to buy Basset twisties until the raised the price $300. He!! will freeze over before I spend close to a grand for chrome headers that turn colors and rust away.

mlaines
08-09-2007, 05:48 PM
God these are getting as common as twisties! I hope you are not planning on running them on a N\A motor cause they will rob the piss out of the HP. Try Rewarder thats where we all bought ours.
So your saying I will lose HP with my N/A BBC? Is it a back pressure issue?

djdtpr
08-10-2007, 02:31 AM
So your saying I will lose HP with my N/A BBC? Is it a back pressure issue?
Yes these headers are far to short for a N\A motor but work well with a blown deal if you can get the collectors extended about four inches or more they will work better. But with the primarys being as short as they are it would probably be better to run a set of twisties or something like that. I am with you though i like the way the upsweep headers look.

IMPATIENT 1
08-10-2007, 06:48 AM
I have to run twisties or upsweept headers to clear my supercharger.
I was looking at the Edelbrock stainless upsweeps. They are very reasonable at around $450. a set. They may only make them for chevy though.
I wanted to buy Basset twisties until the raised the price $300. He!! will freeze over before I spend close to a grand for chrome headers that turn colors and rust away.
i'm also buyin the edel over the winter:D i've seen them on a cp tunnel, they looked very nice for a bare metal header. he had ran his all summer and they looked like clean alum after all the beating he gave em this summer, still looked nice.buy a set of them and have them sent to 396's ceramic coating guys in arizona, they'll send em to ya when their done. that's my plans anyways for mine.

VAMI
08-10-2007, 07:40 AM
502 JET I have edel upswept , didnt fit on my boat,I am using the collectors ,250 you can have the headers.

jetboat
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
OUCH! another boater who i work with just showed me the price for new ot headers,bothe rewarders and basset.unreal!

IMPATIENT 1
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
OUCH! another boater who i work with just showed me the price for new ot headers,bothe rewarders and basset.unreal!
good thing you got yours earlier in the yr. huh?:D

mlaines
08-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I have a set of rewarder upswept headers do yo have bassetts for BBC that you want to trade for

Gearhead
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
i'm also buyin the edel over the winter:D i've seen them on a cp tunnel, they looked very nice for a bare metal header. he had ran his all summer and they looked like clean alum after all the beating he gave em this summer, still looked nice.buy a set of them and have them sent to 396's ceramic coating guys in arizona, they'll send em to ya when their done. that's my plans anyways for mine.
If you are talking about the Edelbroch Victor 6550 upswept header with the merge collectors, they are made of stainless steel tubing. If you make sure thay are oil free prior to firing, they will polish well with steel wool. They will not rust and don't need to be ceramic coated unless you are trying to put extra insulation on them.
The tubes are 2 1/4 diameter and have reasonable length similar to an upright header. I would not consider them as an extremely high RPM header. They are sized more for a Super Comp style dragster which is real similar to the jet boat engines we have in this area. We have a set of them for our Chevy setup in the dragster.
Since my old jetboat is considered a "vintage" jet, I still prefer to use the "vintage" style headers and airscoop.
Gear

jetboatperformance
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Bailey check out my neighbor in Paso Robles Lemons headers (kind of spendy ) Tom
http://www.lemonsheaders.com/products/boatbb.htm

Bailey
08-10-2007, 09:19 PM
no chevy its a ford. Thanks for all the ideas. I just have to decide what I'm going to do.

pw_Tony
08-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Got quoted by Rewarder for up sweep BBF headers for $1100. Got to take some measurements though

Dogballs
08-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Run zoomies and call it a day:mad: