PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again! - Find me this boat!

Boatcop
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
30+ foot Fountain. Primarily white in color with red and black "FOUNTAIN" on the side. Possibly black and white checkers on rear part.
Involved in a fatal crash up from Havasu today. Last seen heading south from
the Havasu area. Possibly spotted near Cattail Cove.
MCSO and LPCSO Boats on the Lake now searching.
If anyone knows this boat sees it or has seen it, notify Mohave County Sheriff's Office. If in the Havasu Springs area, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office. Or The San Bernardino Sheriff's Office if on the California side.
If you see it on the road, on the trailer, get license plate of vehicle or trailer and Registration numbers of boat, and call 911.
Incident happened mid afternoon today, August 9th. Not details as of yet.

seanv
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
hope ya get'em alan! :rolleyes:

27 Awesome cat
08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Its going to be real hard to hide a boat of that size...
Good luck with the search.

RitcheyRch
08-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Cant believe someone would leave the scene of an accident. Hope you catch them and keep us posted.

havaduner
08-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear about this, but I guess this blows the theory that the lake is safe Mon- Thurs?:(

Xlration Marine
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Its going to be real hard to hide a boat of that size...
Good luck with the search.
Not if you pull the drain plug. More money than brains.

Mardonzi
08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
That sucks,,, Good Luck Alan

uvindex
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Involved in a fatal crash up from Havasu today.Bump to keep on first page.
Good luck!

rivrrts429
08-09-2007, 05:24 PM
:eek:

27 Awesome cat
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
So very true..:eek:

Biglue
08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
How about making this a sticky mods.
Sucks to hear about things like this.

hot_diggity_dog
08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
30+ foot Fountain. Primarily white in color with red and black "FOUNTAIN" on the side. Possibly black and white checkers on rear part.
If anyone knows this boat sees it or has seen it, notify Mohave County Sheriff's Office. If in the Havasu Springs area, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office. Or The San Bernardino Sheriff's Office if on the California side.
If you see it on the road, on the trailer, get license plate of vehicle or trailer and Registration numbers of boat, and call 911.
You got to be freaking kidding me!:rolleyes: :jawdrop: :angry2:
There goes the theory of boating during the weekday's to avoid these types of tragedies:cry: :argue: :mad: :mad:
HDD:mad:

termiteguy
08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
allmost makes me glad im selling my boat:confused:

shueman
08-09-2007, 06:00 PM
His A$$ is Dead Meat...Better Man Up FOCKER...:mad:
We'll be on the road towards Havi via Rice Road in the early AM...will keep a look-out...:idea:

FastTimmy
08-09-2007, 06:11 PM
That's it! I'm selling my:
My Boat
My inner tube
My floatys
My Orr
amd all other water stuff.... I will get a kiddy pool for my front yard...
Just kidding, I wanted to sound like everyone else for a minute...
You can't fix it. You can't fix stupid.
Prime example. Everyone including law enforcement know how dangerous the site six point is. Two weeks ago My self and four other boats where packed up going by sight six FROM Thomson bay headed to the sandbar. We where not running together we just where packed up (Traffic). We where a safe distance from the shore when a Havasu PD or sheriff boat is rounding the corner the same distance from shore we are. He ultimately ends up splitting the group and giving us the dumb shit look. I was blow away!
If law enforcement can't get it right how do we expect the one or two weeks a year bayliner peeps. Not to mention the every other weekend no brains no head ache, my check books bigger than my ass...
:D

boaterboy
08-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Does anybody have the facts??

Boatcop
08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Does anybody have the facts??
All I have at this point is the "Attempt To Locate" on the suspect boat. We assisted Mohave County in the search on Lower Lake Havasu, but it's their case.
I'll post any information here when I get it.
Thanks everyone!

FastTimmy
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey Alan, I text this info to some Fireman buddies that our out there this week... And yes I did it before my bitch post...:D

YeLLowBoaT
08-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Good luck finding it.

RiverRatMike
08-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I live here in Havasu and I drive alot around in town, both on North side and South side. I will for sure keep my eye open for this boat!

Mrs.Racer277
08-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Very Sad
My guess is he turns himself in tomorrow when he is sober???:(

RitcheyRch
Kind of what I am thinking although do hope they catch him.
Good luck finding it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
Alan do you know if they have told the boat storage facilities in town. I am sure this is not a boat that is towed around.

RitcheyRch
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Good point.
Alan do you know if they have told the boat storage facilities in town. I am sure this is not a boat that is towed around.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Good point.
thank you.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I forgot to add..Prayers to the family and friends of the deceased.

RR712
08-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Tragic.... If the Police dont catch them, hopefully Karma does!!!!! Without taking anyone else out...

Big Inch
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
The oil slick would make it incredibly easy to find :D

RitcheyRch
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Welcome. :D
My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
thank you.:D

Tom Brown
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM
My guess is he turns himself in tomorrow when he is sober???:(
My guess is that you are right. :(

moneypit
08-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Alan,
Should anyone expect to see any damage to the hull of the Fountain? If so, what area of the boat?

pw_Tony
08-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Drive up and down from Kingman to Bullhead to Havau to Parker every week. I will keep a sharp eye out like I do everyday for other "secret boats"

2forcefull
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
did the fountian hit the guy?
or did the guy crash to avoid hitting the fountain

moneypit
08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Im sure the law is way ahead of me on this, but gas stations may have credit card info to this boat or any of the resort parks that take hull registration numbers.:(

Cheaper To Keep Him
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
What About Checking Slips At the Different marinas For That Type Of Boat ie: Campgrounds LBR And Such?

H20Advantage
08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Heres the initial story in Havasu News tonight:
http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2007/08/09/news/news03.txt
Police search for boat after fatal collision
Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:55 PM MST
A man was killed Thursday after being struck by a boat near Topock Marina, the area's second water-related death this week.
The man, whose identity was not released, was riding a personal watercraft, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office. The collision happened around 3:30 p.m.
Authorities were still searching Thursday night for the boat involved in the crash.
It was described as a 30-foot Fountain boat with red and black checkering on its side, Smith said. It was last seen headed south toward Lake Havasu.
Sara Margiotta, 10, of Temecula, Calif., died Saturday in a two-boat collision about a half-mile south of the Interstate 40 bridge. Four others were injured in the crash but survived.

HocusPocus
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
we were suppose to be out at havi this week but had to cancel the trip. it never gets any easier to hear about these things and its people like this guy that could eventually bring on lots of restrictions out there for everyone.
thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
W T F is going on

dunaholic
08-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Im sure the law is way ahead of me on this, but gas stations may have credit card info to this boat or any of the resort parks that take hull registration numbers.:(
Gas stations take your numbers down????

Classic Daycruiser
08-09-2007, 11:48 PM
The bridge area seems really bad for "boat on boat" collisions.
I know when I'm heading back from laughlin to Havasu in the afternoon, the south dry wind makes it hard to keep my eyes focus. When I see boats flying through there, 50 mph will catch you really quick, and 70+ is pretty much insane if there is anyone within a 1/4 mile of you.
There are just to many boats in the summer to be hauling ass up the river. At 35-45mph, it was not bad. But we've got the 35-40mph traffic and a new breed of idiots (no pun intended BI)running from 65-100+mph on that same streach of water.
Yeah, all I can say is.....the river is unsafe with all the boat traffic now. Middle of the week would be ok, but the water condition are too perfect for a high speed run, making even more likely to witness a boat passing you at speeds greater than 70mph..

Mardonzi
08-10-2007, 05:56 AM
I don't know if this will help or not, but it could be indicate that he/she is in the Havasu area or a regular visitor.
There was a 29' Fountain Fever that fits that description at the Nautical cove 3 weeks ago. Pulled into the Naked Turtle around 5 pm on the 20th.

THOR
08-10-2007, 06:16 AM
There is no need to run at a high rate of speed in that area by Topock. Too many turns and people.

Quest4Fun
08-10-2007, 06:28 AM
I couldn't believe this when I heard it this morning. I'll keep an eye out for this boat. Sounds similar to that other Fountain boat with red markings that was involved in the accident off of Windsor a few weeks ago...I'm sure its not but WOW!
RIP to the driver of the PWC and condolences to the family :(

phebus
08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Boatcop, here's a question for you.
Most boaters don't boat alone, and usually have a minimum of one passenger. If a boat is involved in a hit and run, can the passengers be charged with a crime as well? I would think that most of the time they would be aware that an accident occured, and would have a responsibility to either stay at the scene, or if they were unable to stop the driver from leaving, report the incident later with all pertinent information.
Are passengers ever charged?

2Driver
08-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Most boaters don't boat alone, and usually have a minimum of one passenger. If a boat is involved in a hit and run, can the passengers be charged with a crime as well? I would think that most of the time they would be aware that an accident occured, and would have a responsibility to either stay at the scene, or if they were unable to stop the driver from leaving, report the incident later with all pertinent information.
You have some info we should know about? :D

HotRod82
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
The writing is on the wall.....posted speed limits are coming.

WYRD
08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/5471682/89380504_6.jpg
There is alot of Fountain Fevers with this gel scheme kind of matches the description, I found this one on boat trader its from out of state so probably NOT the suspect boat but just wanted to show a pic of what it may look like.

uvindex
08-10-2007, 08:42 AM
The Tri-State News story has a couple more details:
- the word Fountain "imposed" over a black and red checkered pattern
- a man and a woman were aboard the Fountain
- guy that was killed was on a stand-up PWC
Here's that story:
Man Killed In Boating Hit And Run
TOPOCK, AZ - A fatal collision on the Colorado River near the Interstate 40 bridge occurred yesterday afternoon and investigators are looking for two people who left the scene of the accident. San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Tim Smith said a large boat struck and killed a man who was riding a stand-up personal watercraft near the Topock Marina. Smith said that a man and woman were aboard a large boat that hit the unidentified man, then left the scene.
The SBCSO is looking for a 30-foot craft with the word "Fountain" imposed over a black and red checkered pattern on both sides of the fiberglass hull.
Anyone with information about the boat, it's location or it's owners is asked to call the SBCSO at (706) 326-9200 or (760) 326-9213.

OutCole'd
08-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Sounds like a question from Shebus.

Partycattin
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
We were in Steamboat yesterday and 2 L.E. boats came in fast with lights going. They asked us about a boat that was parked near us. Appears they were going cove by cove trying to find it.
We'll keep looking today.

HocusPocus
08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
im not a police officer but it seems to me that the other person in the boat could be charged with something like this.
ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment.

DSW
08-10-2007, 10:14 AM
This is why I strongly believe we need MORE LAW ENFORCEMENT! This guy should not have been able to make it from topock to Cat-tail, without being caught! There seems to be a lack of comunication between law enforcement agencies. There needs to be more patrols north of the mouth of the river. I have occasionally seen the wildlife marshalls out there but other than that I don't see much. Who's jurisdiction is it? It seems to be a lawless area lately. On big weekends they seem to be out in force, but not during the week. I think the LEO's need to be more premptive, rather than only being there to mopp up the mess aftert he fact.

WYRD
08-10-2007, 10:19 AM
This is why I strongly believe we need MORE LAW ENFORCEMENT! This guy should not have been able to make it from topock to Cat-tail, without being caught! There seems to be a lack of comunication between law enforcement agencies. There needs to be more patrols north of the mouth of the river. I have occasionally seen the wildlife marshalls out there but other than that I don't see much. Who's jurisdiction is it? It seems to be a lawless area lately. On big weekends they seem to be out in force, but not during the week. I think the LEO's need to be more premptive, rather than only being there to mopp up the mess aftert he fact.
who would justify the high taxpayer costs of them being out there the other 99% of the time when nothing happens during the week:confused: seems like a waste of resources to me:)

DSW
08-10-2007, 10:28 AM
who would justify the high taxpayer costs of them being out there the other 99% of the time when nothing happens during the week:confused: seems like a waste of resources to me:)
Without it it seems like a waste of lives to me! If the Leo's were to pick up even half of the BUI's that happen on the lake that would more than create the revenue. How much is a human life worth? It seems to me like there is alot more frivilious ways to spend taxpayer money.. It's like Lake Havasu has become a crime-ridden neighborhood, fights at the sandbar, bui's, hit and run's, and it only seems to be getting worse. Who else should clean it up? We as fellow boaters can only do so much.

RR712
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
The river north to Needles is patrolled by SBSO and the AZ agencies. SBSO does a fine job given what they have to work with. When your outnumbered, you can only do so much.... A good thing about the area is the sometimes shallow submerged rock bars. They act as natural idiot barriers and keep alot of traffic away. I could imagine that without them the north end of the river would have alot more incidents than it is having, and we would really be in need of more law enforcement.

Wild Horses
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Realistically how long would it take to be on the road, 20 to 25 minutes to Cattail hauling ass and another 10 minutes to have it loaded? I am sure at that point there is still confusion at the scene with trying to rescue the victim. :mad:
And on your next post; like was posted in another thread, the percentage of sober accidents are higher than intoxicated. Everyone just likes to jump to conclusions to support their own beliefs.:idea:

Boatcop
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/5471682/89380504_6.jpg
There is alot of Fountain Fevers with this gel scheme kind of matches the description, I found this one on boat trader its from out of state so probably NOT the suspect boat but just wanted to show a pic of what it may look like.
That boat is at a dealers lot. I called, and it's still there.
As far as a passenger is concerned, all laws are aimed at the operator of a vessel. Unless the passenger does something overt to assist in the crime, then they usually can't be charged.
There is no law for "failure to report a crime" for an innocent party. Whether they were on the boat or not.

BoatPI
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Part of the issue is that there is NO local PD airship available. If one responds it is from SBSO, along way out, or AZ DPS, Phoenix I believe.
It sure would be nice if all of these agencies funded a small airship, but it takes big $$$.

Boatcop
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
DSW, why don't you do some research and come up with a figure $ as to how much money for every DUI, BUI, etc., the police dept actually receives verses what they have invested in the arrest and processing and booking, court time, etc.
It would sorta be enlightening as it could be the deciding factor the next time anyone sees you out boating with a load on. If it were to squander our tax dollars to call a cop and have you arrested then I just might have a few alternative suggestions that might cost us taxpayers a whole lot less.
Rio
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725772&postcount=7

WYRD
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Without it it seems like a waste of lives to me! If the Leo's were to pick up even half of the BUI's that happen on the lake that would more than create the revenue. How much is a human life worth? It seems to me like there is alot more frivilious ways to spend taxpayer money.. It's like Lake Havasu has become a crime-ridden neighborhood, fights at the sandbar, bui's, hit and run's, and it only seems to be getting worse. Who else should clean it up? We as fellow boaters can only do so much.
LEO's are doing a great job for the conditions they are given, if you flood the waters with LEO's when they are not needed you will get alot of frivolous citations simply because they are bored. You can't watch everybody, every second of every day. Weekends are the hot spots thus you see more weekend LEO's. Crime comes with population and popularity, as Havasu grows so will the crime rate its common sense. As a fellow boater you can do your part, report crimes, and get descriptions, license #s, Reg Numbers.

skyskier
08-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Headline from Today's News Herald, thursday Aug 09, 2007:
A man was killed Thursday after being struck by a boat near Topock Marina, the area's second water-related death this week.
The man, whose identity was not released, was riding a personal watercraft, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office. The collision happened around 3:30 p.m.
Authorities were still searching Thursday night for the boat involved in the crash.
It was described as a 30-foot Fountain boat with red and black checkering on its side, Smith said. It was last seen headed south toward Lake Havasu.
In searching for more details on this I happened upon this storyline: The following is a quote I found in an article written in "Arizona Boating & Watersports" online at http://www.arizonaboatingandwatersports.com/endofs ummer.php
""They truly come here because of how close it is to Southern California, and just how much fun it is to boat on Lake Havasu," said Larry Reese, marketing manager for Jokerswild Promotions, the company responsible for the overwhelming majority of the regattas that take place on Lake Havasu.
"So many lakes in Southern California and beyond have so many regulations they take the fun out of boating. Lake Havasu understands boaters respect the lake they like, so while the lake is unfettered with rules, it still lures the family boater," Reese said".... Am I the ONLY one here that see's a direct relation to the number of deaths on the lake this year and lake Havasu being "unfettered with rules and regulations'?.........."Jokerswild Promotions, the company responsible for the overwhelming majority of the regattas that take place on Lake Havasu.".... I've posted in the past that I have seen these regatta people & poker run participant's racing from London Bridge to Havasu Springs and back at 100 plus mph, EVERY WEEKEND!........these people ARE NOT professional boat racers! they are for the most part average people with 9 to 5 jobs monday thru friday, come saturday some of them think they're capable of having just a few beers, and then get the rest of the family & friends on the boat to race bridge to dam more of them than not, useing the minimal of safety equipment, (wearing NO HELMETS, NO Lifejackets). like I said " I see them EVERY WEEKEND! AND once again , PLEASE do not tell me about these people's "right to own & operate whatever they want"... I and every other boater on the lake have a right to expect a day on the water WITHOUT some unqualified, inept, inexpierenced, newbie boater, that has the money or credit rating, to buy one of these 100 mph "offshore" boats, to come blasting down the waterway with no regard to anything other than his/her/their need for speed. If you fancy yourself to be a "boat racer" do it on a closed course somewhere else, a place where EVERYBODY else out there knows what to expect! And as for regulations taking the fun out of boating" ( as quoted by mr.Reese ) I ask myself, "how much "fun" are the families of the people that lost their loved ones this past week having? And before you wannabe racers out there start un-loading on me, consider this: I've owned and raced in the past, an 18 ft flatbottom wickens whirlwind, an 18 ft flatbottom rayson craft, an 18 ft flatbottom hallett an 18 ft flatbottom patterson and a 20ft V bottom Schiada. I raced these boats in SK circle class, ***boat class and waterski racing events, ALL on closed courses with EXPIERENCED other racers, courses CLOSED at BOTH ends with manned patrol boats. And I AM NOT suggesting that Mr Reese's organization had ANYTHING to do with ANY of these recent accidents. But IMO it's only a matter of time.

djunkie
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM
In searching for more details on this I happened upon this storyline: The following is a quote I found in an article written in "Arizona Boating & Watersports" online at http://www.arizonaboatingandwatersports.com/endofs ummer.php
""They truly come here because of how close it is to Southern California, and just how much fun it is to boat on Lake Havasu," said Larry Reese, marketing manager for Jokerswild Promotions, the company responsible for the overwhelming majority of the regattas that take place on Lake Havasu.
"So many lakes in Southern California and beyond have so many regulations they take the fun out of boating. Lake Havasu understands boaters respect the lake they like, so while the lake is unfettered with rules, it still lures the family boater," Reese said".... Am I the ONLY one here that see's a direct relation to the number of deaths on the lake this year and lake Havasu being "unfettered with rules and regulations'?.........."Jokerswild Promotions, the company responsible for the overwhelming majority of the regattas that take place on Lake Havasu.".... I've posted in the past that I have seen these regatta people & poker run participant's racing from London Bridge to Havasu Springs and back at 100 plus mph, EVERY WEEKEND!........these people ARE NOT professional boat racers! they are for the most part average people with 9 to 5 jobs monday thru friday, come saturday some of them think they're capable of having just a few beers, and then get the rest of the family & friends on the boat to race bridge to dam more of them than not, useing the minimal of safety equipment, (wearing NO HELMETS, NO Lifejackets). like I said " I see them EVERY WEEKEND! AND once again , PLEASE do not tell me about these people's "right to own & operate whatever they want"... I and every other boater on the lake have a right to expect a day on the water WITHOUT some unqualified, inept, inexpierenced, newbie boater, that has the money or credit rating, to buy one of these 100 mph "offshore" boats, to come blasting down the waterway with no regard to anything other than his/her/their need for speed. If you fancy yourself to be a "boat racer" do it on a closed course somewhere else, a place where EVERYBODY else out there knows what to expect! And as for regulations taking the fun out of boating" ( as quoted by mr.Reese ) I ask myself, "how much "fun" are the families of the people that lost their loved ones this past week having? And before you wannabe racers out there start un-loading on me, consider this: I've owned and raced in the past, an 18 ft flatbottom wickens whirlwind, an 18 ft flatbottom rayson craft, an 18 ft flatbottom hallett an 18 ft flatbottom patterson and a 20ft V bottom Schiada. I raced these boats in SK circle class, ***boat class and waterski racing events, ALL on closed courses with EXPIERENCED other racers, courses CLOSED at BOTH ends with manned patrol boats. And I AM NOT suggesting that Mr Reese's organization had ANYTHING to do with ANY of these recent accidents. But IMO it's only a matter of time.
Sounds like an un-called for call out of Jokers Wild IMO. I've personally been to 2 regattas that Jokers wild put on and they stressed to keep the speeds at a safe rate and in no way encouraged us to drive fast from stop to stop. IMO that is something they cannot control..................

Havasu Daytona
08-10-2007, 11:57 AM
The above article is an insult to Todd and Jokers Wild Promotions. Todd is a stand up guy and his organization always promotes safety during the events.
Todd is a friend and a retired Law Enforcement Officer.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
I've personally been to 2 regattas that Jokers wild put on and they stressed to keep the speeds at a safe rate and in no way encouraged us to drive fast from stop to stop. IMO that is something they cannot control..................
Well said.....

ratso
08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Is there an email address to get hold of the dumbass that wrote this article?

ratso
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
The above article is an insult to Todd and Jokers Wild Promotions. Todd is a stand up guy and his organization always promotes safety during the events.
Todd is a friend and a retired Law Enforcement Officer.
;)

uvindex
08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Is there an email address to get hold of the dumbass that wrote this article?I looked at the article. Skyskier above did a horrible job of quoting, as he made it seem like all of that crap comes from the article. In truth, only the little paragraph at the beginning came from the article, and the rest is apparently Skyskier talking. See for yourself here: http://www.arizonaboatingandwatersports.com/endofsummer.php :)

mark49
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
My bet is he'll tow in out the 95 through Needles... I'll be in Havasu this thursday for a week, i'll keep BOTH EYES OPEN...
I hope you catch him before that, I can smell the booze on his breath from here.
Alan can you display a boat similar to the one you're lookin' for, would be a real help to old boat lovers not in the loop.
Thanks
Mark

ChumpChange
08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
This one is bigger than 30'. :eek:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=52359&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=52359&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=

FastTimmy
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Sure, lets add more floating obstacle to avoid on the river...... You think DCB guys think they own the river. Wait until you every bend is a speed trap. Then watch as a LEO pulls out in front of a boat to go catch another one....
I would bet we all have a greater chance of dying on the highway to the river, then dying on the water... Should we close the highways To..
There are things we all don't like. That is why it's called freedom. We make the choice to be there and with that except the level of danger. We all do it every day life.
Maybe we should BAN criminals. That way a LEO will not have to worry if he is coming back home after a day of work. It's called freedom...

mark49
08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry boatcop i didnt see the pic you posted.... I'll look for the only boat trailed out of town with a full boat cover....

WYRD
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Sorry boatcop i didnt see the pic you posted.... I'll look for the only boat trailed out of town with a full boat cover....
Boatcop did NOT post that pic I did and it is NOT the boat in question.
I only posted that pic to show the Model of fountain and gel scheme for reference

mark49
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks WYD at least we have something to work with...

ratso
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks WYD at least we have something to work with...
That would be WYRD dude... He's "Who's Your River Daddy"... not "Who's Your Daddy" lol...:D

2Driver
08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
That boat is at a dealers lot. I called, and it's still there..
I assume you are not focusing in on Fountains as it sounds a lot like a color scheme of a late 5-10 year old Eliminator as well. Hope you get the bastard.

WYRD
08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
That would be WYRD dude... He's "Who's Your River Daddy"... not "Who's Your Daddy" lol...:D
:D :D

djunkie
08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
"Who's Your River Dork!!!!":D :D

WYRD
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
:yuk: :yuk: :mad: :D

djunkie
08-10-2007, 02:02 PM
:yuk: :yuk: :mad: :D
LOL!!!!:D :D

RitcheyRch
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Has a nice ring to it. :D :D

Boatcop
08-10-2007, 02:31 PM
I assume you are not focusing in on Fountains as it sounds a lot like a color scheme of a late 5-10 year old Eliminator as well. Hope you get the bastard.
We ARE focusing on Fountains, since the description given had "FOUNTAIN" splashed down the side of it.

djunkie
08-10-2007, 02:34 PM
We ARE focusing on Fountains, since the description given had "FOUNTAIN" splashed down the side of it.
Any leads yet Alan?

WYRD
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
My guess is by Monday its gonna be reported stolen....:rolleyes:

WYRD
08-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Was it splashed on the side in large font or just the usuall fountain badging above the rub rail:confused:

DeathFlightMedic
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Second Death in less than a week.
This Happened right outside of the Topock Gorge Marina
He left behind a 6 year old son
IF YOU KNOW THIS BOAT CALL 911 of MCSO

westair
08-10-2007, 03:29 PM
It is up to the fellow boaters and yes we can do alot. Give Lake Havasu, LEOs
and the people more credit. If your on the water and see something that
should be reported then do it! I just don't see what your describing here, do
you actually go on the water? For the amount of people that use this lake I am
surprised there isn't more accidents than there are!

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
My guess is by Monday its gonna be reported stolen....:rolleyes:
Sounds like a good guess. I'll tell you that if this boat gets reported stolen, the owner is going need steel balls. Insurance SIU guys and LE Detectives are will be all over him and all over him hard.
The fact that this is said to 30 footer (more likely a 27 or a 29), it is likely that the boat is stored locally. Hopefully those investigating, this H&R, are making the rounds at all local boat storage facilities. If the guy was able to get this boat on it's trailer and leave the area without being stopped. this is going to be a tough one. If this is not the case, it's just a matter of time

DeathFlightMedic
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Part of the issue is that there is NO local PD airship available. If one responds it is from SBSO, along way out, or AZ DPS, Phoenix I believe.
It sure would be nice if all of these agencies funded a small airship, but it takes big $$$.
Just to clear this up.
There is a DPS helo located and resopnds out of Kingman ( 6-10 min from Havasu) there are also 5 Privite Medical Helos that are in and arround Havasu that can be tasked for a serarch. Local Airship availability is usaly not an issue.

BadKachina
08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I started a thread on OSO, somebody knows this boat. It's only a matter of time.

uvindex
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Was it splashed on the side in large font or just the usuall fountain badging above the rub rail:confused:The Tri-State News article said: "The SBCSO is looking for a 30-foot craft with the word "Fountain" imposed over a black and red checkered pattern on both sides of the fiberglass hull. Anyone with information about the boat, it's location or it's owners is asked to call the SBCSO at (706) 326-9200 or (760) 326-9213."

RiverToysJas
08-10-2007, 05:48 PM
This may have been suggested, but flyers should go out to all the local ramps, and ramp gate keepers.
Though if this guy made it home w/ the boat he's probably done boating for the season. OR he's taking a heat gun to the graphics......Keep an eye out for ALL White Fountains.... ;)
RTJas

DeathFlightMedic
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
This whole thing is so sad

2Driver
08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Yes I am, you fly too?
With only 9 posts any chance you might consider changing your screen name. Geez:rolleyes:

Kyote
08-10-2007, 07:06 PM
With only 9 posts any chance you might consider changing your screen name. Geez:rolleyes:
Don't change your name. Keep the issue at hand. It must be an awful thing to have people die in your arms. Don't let it be forgotten. The issue is at hand. People die while you try to save them. You come to save lives. It is irresponsible boaters that cause lives to be lost. Don't be intimidated by those that wish it would just go away.
Thank you for you service .

skyskier
08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
this is too 2driver..................I'd like you to change your zipcode!!! Are you gonna care what ANY medics name is when they showup to save YOUR dumbass? I think not!

DeathFlightMedic
08-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Now it's 10.
To answer your question NO, and if you have read any of the previous 9 posts you would understand why.
Now back to the real issue.
ONE MAN IS DEAD LEAVING A 6 YEAR OLD SON WITHOUT A FATHER
HE IS NOW IN FOSTER CARE DUE TO NO FAMILY COULD BE FOUND
HE IS DEAD BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS TOO SCARED OR DRUNK TO STOP AFTER COLIDING WITH HIM AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED
HE WAS DRIVING A 30' FOUNTIAN WITH A CHECKERED PATTERN ON THE BACK AND FOUNTIAN IN BIG LETTERS ON BOTH SIDES HEADING TWARDS HAVASU
IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING SPEAK UP
and if you still want to talk about my name write me or start a new thread and keep it out of this issue!!!

Mrs.Racer277
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Now it's 10.
To answer your question NO, and if you have read any of the previous 9 posts you would understand why.
Now back to the real issue.
ONE MAN IS DEAD LEAVING A 6 YEAR OLD SON WITHOUT A FATHER
HE IS NOW IN FOSTER CARE DUE TO NO FAMILY COULD BE FOUND
HE IS DEAD BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS TOO SCARED OR DRUNK TO STOP AFTER COLIDING WITH HIM AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED
HE WAS DRIVING A 30' FOUNTIAN WITH A CHECKERED PATTERN ON THE BACK AND FOUNTIAN IN BIG LETTERS ON BOTH SIDES HEADING TWARDS HAVASU
IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING SPEAK UP
and if you still want to talk about my name write me or start a new thread and keep it out of this issue!!!
That breaks my heart
I hope someone is found soon.
Is there anything we can do to help??

DeathFlightMedic
08-10-2007, 07:42 PM
As far as we know he is in a safe place, hopefull they found someone in his family by now.
The most anyone can do now is locate the driver. As popular as the lake is some one must know that boat.
Oh yeah, and to the off duty Medic who pulled him out of the water and brought him to the marina you rock. I need to get your info so we can send some good will. Next time your out this way agan drop me a line. Just goes to show we are never off duty.

rmarion
08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
how many Fountain Boats with those graphics been manufactured??? Leo's should have that information by now after contacting the Boat Manufacturer... and should be knocking on some Fountain Boat owners doors by now......

Riverbass
08-10-2007, 08:11 PM
After seeing all the posts and no one has seen the boat, did the boat even make it off the water? It just might be on the bottom of the lake. After this a#% hole did what he did he might of sank it. Other than that keep an eye out at all glass shops he will need to get it fixed and repainted some other color.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Rexone
08-10-2007, 08:44 PM
how many Fountain Boats with those graphics been manufactured??? Leo's should have that information by now after contacting the Boat Manufacturer... and should be knocking on some Fountain Boat owners doors by now......
Lots if not most Fountains have Fountain on the side. Reggie isn't that shy. ;) I doubt mfg will be of much assistance on this one, especially since the boat may not be owned by original owner and was probably purchased through the Fountain dealer network, not factory direct. Just compounds the complexity. Boat registrations could be an avenue though, by boat model.
Besides storage facilities, consider all the RV garages in Havasu the thing could be stashed in if the guy owns a home there (lots do). If it's in one it could be a long long time before it comes out. I find it difficult to believe it could have gotten towed out of the area without alerted LE somewhere spotting it on the road, Cal or AZ Highway Patrol etc. After all it's a couple hours to Pheonix, 4 to so cal, longer to other major destinations.

Magic34
08-10-2007, 09:39 PM
No way it would have sank that fast and debris not be anywhere for LE to find.
It isn't in the lake.

RR712
08-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Even when this boat is located, the Investigators are going to need a witness to identify the driver and place that person behind the wheel of the boat at the time of the collision. Finding the boat is essential. Prosecuting the driver for his actions is key. Paying attention, making mental notes, and stepping forward as a witness are some of the best things the public can do the help Law Enforcement serve you better. I'll be on the river tomarrow, a little uneasy, but still having a blast and keeping both eyes open.
Or maybe the driver will just confess......Right.

Pheelin Phroggy
08-11-2007, 06:08 AM
As far as we know he is in a safe place, hopefull they found someone in his family by now.
The most anyone can do now is locate the driver. As popular as the lake is some one must know that boat.
Oh yeah, and to the off duty Medic who pulled him out of the water and brought him to the marina you rock. I need to get your info so we can send some good will. Next time your out this way agan drop me a line. Just goes to show we are never off duty.
This popped up today in our local paper: Looks like at least they where he was from, hopefully they got the kid back home to some family.
Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash
TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday.
After the collision, the boat fled the scene.
His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

Mardonzi
08-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Well, before the collective hoard heads out with pitchforks and torches to round up all of us Fountain owners and string us up from a bridge, I just wanted to state that it wasn't me,, My boat is broken and I was nowhere near Havasu when this happened....
With that being said, one question that someone might want to ask the witnesses is the type of windshield. Was it the smoked plexiglass venturi style or was it the clear, rounded style. If the witnesses were observant enough to pick out the graphics scheme and occupants, they probably would have noticed the windshield as well. That could substantially narrow down the search.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-11-2007, 06:30 AM
It's not that LE is dealing with a magic here. This is a fairly unique boat for the River and Havi. area.

Mardonzi
08-11-2007, 07:03 AM
It's not that LE is dealing with a magic here. This is a fairly unique boat for the River and Havi. area.
It's not the LEO's I'm worried about.... Most investigators that I know are very meticulous.
Now the boards on the other hand...
Next thing you know, all fountain owners will be stereotyped, just like DCB owners....

Pheelin Phroggy
08-11-2007, 07:37 AM
It's not the LEO's I'm worried about.... Most investigators that I know are very meticulous.
Next thing you know, all fountain owners will be stereotyped, just like DCB owners....
only those with two or more working motors... blowing by the 100mph DCB owners.

Run_em_Hard
08-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Lets hope not...than you will be in trouble:D

ratso
08-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Here???:jawdrop: On ***boat???http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif They wouldn't do that lol...:D

Wet Dream
08-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Anyone want to take bets that you're NOT going to find the boat on the water this year? Look all you want, but I hate to say that the boat is probably not going to be seeing any sunlight for some time. Lets hope the guy comes forward. I feel for the kid, to watch that happen is horrible.

DSW
08-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Talked to the rangers down at Windsor beach today. Seems a Fountian fitting the description tried to launch there yesterday. The cops converged with guns drawn on the owners as they were preparing to launch. Unfortunatly it was the wrong boat. The couple from oregon were so disturbed by the police with guns etc. they didn't launch, and went home.:sqeyes:

Quest4Fun
08-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Talked to the rangers down at Windsor beach today. Seems a Fountian fitting the description tried to launch there yesterday. The cops converged with guns drawn on the owners as they were preparing to launch. Unfortunatly it was the wrong boat. The couple from oregon were so disturbed by the police with guns etc. they didn't launch, and went home.:sqeyes:
They probably figured they would be harassed the whole day by every boater on the water. They were probably worried about their own safety.
I wonder what kind of questions the police asked and what their answers were for them to be ruled out??

Kyote
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Bump

RitcheyRch
08-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Whats the latest news???

IDRPSTF
08-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Talked to the rangers down at Windsor beach today. Seems a Fountian fitting the description tried to launch there yesterday. The cops converged with guns drawn on the owners as they were preparing to launch. Unfortunatly it was the wrong boat. The couple from oregon were so disturbed by the police with guns etc. they didn't launch, and went home.
You are Kidding me right?????
Guns drawn on tourists? Somebody please tell me this is a lie. Did the people try to run or something? Why in the F%$k would they have guns drawn.
I used to sell Fountains in CA. I can tell you that almost ALL Fountains have the name on the side. As for the paint, Fountain offeres very few paints scemes and the few good looking ones are popular I.E. many boats have the same paint. If this is a 28 the rear is higher in the water so you may be able to see the Fountain name in transposed in the paint. If it is a 32 the rear is usually damn near underwater all the time (Hull Design).

Beer-30
08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
You are Kidding me right?????
Guns drawn on tourists? Somebody please tell me this is a lie. Did the people try to run or something? Why in the F%$k would they have guns drawn.
Um, it's called felony-stop-procedure. If someone is suspected to have committed a felony - especially with great bodily injury - safety comes first. Draw down, verify the situation. Once all is safe and everybody finds out if the suspects want to kill officers to get away or not, all is well.
If LE stopped a suspected murderer of you spouse/family member you wouldn't expect them just to meander up to them and shake hands, would you?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-12-2007, 12:02 PM
The two Fountain owners we know have their side hull Graphics and Lettering in vinyl and change them from time to time.
A blow drier, putty knife and Goof-off is all one needs to do the job.
Surely someone on this site has a good idea who this boat belongs too.
Eventually it'll come out.
Good this thread is sticky.
If the passengers in the boat don't contact authorities, are they someway culpable too?

IDRPSTF
08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Um, it's called felony-stop-procedure. If someone is suspected to have committed a felony - especially with great bodily injury - safety comes first. Draw down, verify the situation. Once all is safe and everybody finds out if the suspects want to kill officers to get away or not, all is well.
If LE stopped a suspected murderer of you spouse/family member you wouldn't expect them just to meander up to them and shake hands, would you?
Its called trigger happy overkill. Dont forget, we are all still innocent free citizens going about our dailey lives when the guns are drawn. LE does there homework and pulls guns on the right guys... Job well done. LE pulls guns on everyone that happens to own a mass produced boat with one of the most popular paint jobs that company has and is scared so bad they drive home to another state??????????
Lets not turn this thread into what LE does right and wrong. I was just asking if anyone had any details on IF they did in fact pull guns on someone for owning a Fountain and how bad did that really get? I would imagine the scene would have had to get heated for the guns to come out? Otherwise that really sucks for that poor couple from Oregon and there rights?

ULTRA26 # 1
08-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Alan, (Boatcop)
Any updated info?

Boatcop
08-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Alan, (Boatcop)
Any updated info?
Unfortunately, No.
Now it's pretty much in the hands of SBCSO Detectives. The boat is probably under wraps by now.
But I have confidence it'll be found.

STVBOY
08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Can't remember if it was last sun or mon I saw a Yellow Hummer towing a Fountain through Havasu for some reason I remember black and red on the boat?Just thought i would through that out there maybe it would ring a bell for someone.

Beer-30
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Its called trigger happy overkill.
Lets not turn this thread into what LE does right and wrong. I was just asking if anyone had any details on IF they did in fact pull guns on someone for owning a Fountain and how bad did that really get? I would imagine the scene would have had to get heated for the guns to come out? Otherwise that really sucks for that poor couple from Oregon and there rights?
You already did by assuming that the officers/deputies KNEW that the people were from just visitors and NOT the felony suspect in question.
My point is, if someone stopped a vehicle fitting the description of a felon, there are procedures in place to ensure safety. No rights are violated. Guns are pulled / not necessarily pointed. It is a "low-ready" tactical position. IF the person happens to end up being the felon in question - and maybe a third strike felon that isn't going to go back to jail without a shootout - then the LE has the tactical advantage and they have a lot better chance at going home that evening.
If the stopped vehicle/vessel is NOT the felon, they are sent on their way without harm. If they don't understand the safety behind it, they can always sue. If there is reasonable probable cause for the stop (IE boat matching the description of one that committed a felony), then there is no grounds for the suit anyway.
Did you think they could just call them on the phone before making the stop on them to find out who they are? How else would they find out if it was the murderer or not?

Nord
08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I would have to agree with the above post of the owner masking his boat by removing vinyl off of the side. If its not vinyl stickering, then its gelcoat. I would check with a couple of places to see if this boat came in for a change in stickers or gel..........Who knows, might come up with something.

Mountainstone
08-12-2007, 03:10 PM
A terrible situation for a young child to experience. The fact that the victim was not located for thirty minutes explains how the suspect was able to leave the scene and hide the boat (I assume all parties present were engaged in search and rescue and not pursuing the hit-and-run driver).
How many boat ramps are there at Havasu? It seems like technology could solve this problem forever with minimal expenditure: Install video cameras at each ramp on a continuous 72-hour loop. This would allow LEOs to review footage of launches/recoveries and record boat registration numbers, vehicle plate numbers, and individual descriptions. Digital cameras and digital recording media are no longer prohibitively expensive, and would have solved this crime and perhaps deter others.
If the suspect did not pull the boat out at a ramp, it should be easy to search the boat storage facilities, no? Are there private boat docks on Havasu (also easy enough to search)? If the boat made it into a private garage, I doubt there is any means left to locate him beyond circulating a flyer and hoping a neighbor recognizes the boat. If the graphics on Fountains are vinyl, that boat is certainly all white by now.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
How many boat ramps are there at Havasu?
From Topock heading South I count, not including Topock: Havasu Landing, Windsor (multiple launch ramps to use there), Crazy Horse, Beachcomber, Site 6, Islander, Nautical Inn, Lake Havasu Marina, Hidden Palms, Cat Tail, Sandpoint, Black Meadow Landing, Havasu Springs, public ramp down by Havasu Springs.....

Havasu1986
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Is it me...Or does it sound stupid to me that if I knew every LEO up and down the river was looking for me. Why would I try launching 2 days after the accident. :confused: And is there a remote chance that the Fountain boat driver never knew that he hit someone.???

phebus
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I would think that it is only a matter of time until guilt overcomes the wife/girlfriend, and she comes forward and identifies the driver.
How could anyone live with themselves?

rrrr
08-12-2007, 04:19 PM
No way it would have sank that fast and debris not be anywhere for LE to find.
It isn't in the lake.
Several years ago (maybe as long ago as 10 years, I can't remember), a large "cigarette type" (media description) boat ran over a bowrider at night just outside a marina on Lake Lewisville north of Dallas.
A woman on the bowrider was horribly mangled by a prop but she lived. In spite of a multi-state search, sonar scans of the lake, diver searches, and much media attention, the 30' plus boat was never found.
I hope that's not the case this time. Any coward that runs over someone, kills them, and leaves the scene should be charged with murder, not some half-baked bullshit that nets the criminal a few months in jail. :mad:

Chipster27
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
But I have confidence it'll be found.
Might help, a boat of that size probably has to fill it's gas tanks daily, with Closed Circuit TV cameras EVERYWHERE someone has to have an image of the tow vehicle/boat somewhere in town. Even if it's just pulling in to Bashas to buy "refreshments" for the day or pulling in to/out of a storage facility.
I'm sure SBSO is doing everything in their power to find the boat, I would not want to be in his shoes!
I would think that it is only a matter of time until guilt overcomes the wife/girlfriend, and she comes forward and identifies the driver.
How could anyone live with themselves?
True, on the very extreme edge imagine if she started to go sideways on him and he killed her. Hey it's a long shot but you never know. I guess I watch too many "Unsolved Mysteries", "48 Hours Mystery" and "CSI" :idea:
I also know I'm too dumb to get away with a crime so I don't bother :D

ULTRA26 # 1
08-12-2007, 06:52 PM
LE is no doubt looking for reg matchs in CA, AZ and NV. As I mentioned earlier, this is not a Magic. Not that many Fountains, this size, on the West Coast.
I too am confident that LE will find this boat.

IDRPSTF
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Boatcop, youve got mail

RiverToysJas
08-12-2007, 08:08 PM
How many boat ramps are there at Havasu?
If the suspect did not pull the boat out at a ramp, it should be easy to search the boat storage facilities, no?
Havasu has many ramps in both states. There are no on the water storage areas. If the boat made it to storage, it could be nearly impossible to find. There are over 200 garages where I keep my boat. The people that manage the facility have no idea what type of boat I have in there.
Infact if not for my friends knowing where my boat is, my wife and I could die and nobody would know where the boat is.
I'm still sure they'll find this Fountain though.
RTJas

Ultracrazy
08-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Its called trigger happy overkill. Dont forget, we are all still innocent free citizens going about our dailey lives when the guns are drawn. LE does there homework and pulls guns on the right guys... Job well done. LE pulls guns on everyone that happens to own a mass produced boat with one of the most popular paint jobs that company has and is scared so bad they drive home to another state??????????
Ever done a felony stop?

spectras only
08-12-2007, 10:09 PM
[b]how many Fountain Boats with those graphics been manufactured??? .
Quite few !
There are two Fountains on this website that can give you an idea of typical Graphics put on them. One is the 2000 32' for sale in the used section , and the 29 ' Fountain in the new boat section .>
http://www.powerboatsnw.com/usedboats.html

spectras only
08-12-2007, 10:31 PM
BTW , removing the graphics is not good enough to mask said boat. It would need wet sanding the hull sides to get rid of the imprint . I know this , because the Mirage logo was removed from the side of my boat years before I bought it , and close up one can clearly see or even feel the letters raised in the gelcoat by running a hand over it. In pictures it can not be detect it , but in person it's clearly visible where the logo was .

mjc
08-13-2007, 06:39 AM
First off it wasn't me. I have a 29 fountain and was on the water friday. The first of 4 LEO inspection's of my boat was done before I got on the water at windsor then again up in topock gorge then out in Thomson bay and again as I pulled out at Windsor. I was also checked in parker on saturday morning. I decide it was more hassle than it was worth to go out again on saturday so I went home. It was good to see that people are on the look out for the boat because somebody called LEO each time they came to look at my boat but when I got to parker on saturday the sherriff there told me he had just found out this happened about 40 minute before I got there when somebody called to say I was leaving havasu so they didn't know about this all day friday which bothers me since they would not be looking all that day.

Batsfly
08-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow,
What a absolute tragedy, A life lost and a little life destroyed. I have a 8 year old son who is MY reason for living. I've been boating for 15 years and find it amazing that people do not have the common sense to JUST SLOW DOWN!.
Now here's my situation, I own a 2001 35 Fountain , great boat, bought it 2 years ago for less than most cool guys bought smaller lake boats. Awesome on the ocean , safe on the lake. Great family boat. I keep it in Havasu, no rust to deal with, no trailering, no problems.... Until thursday when some A hole in a Fountain does the unbelieveable thing of killing a another Human being and leaving the scene. Then a post on Hot boat features a Fountain with my exact graphics (like a lot of Fountains) . Now I obviously have no problem having myself checked out by authorities, wasn't near Havasu so no problems there. But what about the Hero factor the one guy who drinks too much or decides to make a wrong right. See's me and decides to do the right thing, gets in to my world, my families world and then what??. So I decided to not go, can't go. ALL FOUNTAIN OWNERS find this guy!!!!

RiverToysJas
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
If one of the eye witnesses can find a photo of a Fountain that is close in description to the one that was involved in this accident, I'd like to work with them to put together a Photoshopped image of what the boat looked like with the writing in the side.
Then we'd have a photo to post at our ramps and storage areas.
Google images is a good place to search......
RTJas

Jbb
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Wow,
What a absolute tragedy, A life lost and a little life destroyed. I have a 8 year old son who is MY reason for living. I've been boating for 15 years and find it amazing that people do not have the common sense to JUST SLOW DOWN!.
Now here's my situation, I own a 2001 35 Fountain , great boat, bought it 2 years ago for less than most cool guys bought smaller lake boats. Awesome on the ocean , safe on the lake. Great family boat. I keep it in Havasu, no rust to deal with, no trailering, no problems.... Until thursday when some A hole in a Fountain does the unbelieveable thing of killing a another Human being and leaving the scene. Then a post on Hot boat features a Fountain with my exact graphics (like a lot of Fountains) . Now I obviously have no problem having myself checked out by authorities, wasn't near Havasu so no problems there. But what about the Hero factor the one guy who drinks too much or decides to make a wrong right. See's me and decides to do the right thing, gets in to my world, my families world and then what??. So I decided to not go, can't go. ALL FOUNTAIN OWNERS find this guy!!!!
That's a bit of a stretch......Sky's not falling dude....:p

RiverToysJas
08-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Then a post on Hot boat features a Fountain with my exact graphics (like a lot of Fountains) .
Does yours say "Fountain" down the side in large letters?
RTJas

Mrs.Racer277
08-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Wow,
Our boat was once described in a situation happening at the Sandbar a summer or two ago. Wasn't us or our boat involved. We have never had a problem becuz of it. Best of luck to you.

Batsfly
08-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I read the other post.
The Fountain is a 29 ft Fountain with Large Fountain Graphic on the side.
If you own a Fountain you can spot one a mile away. I'm pretty sure this graphic is not stock.
Fountains only come in 24,27,29,32 (older33) 35 38 42 length and a cruiser. Also open fishing T-tops. Same lengths I think.
Also, I never take my 35' north of the gorge. Not comfortable in narrow areas. I think most larger boats think that way. So the eye witness thought it was a 25-30 footer. I've seen some 29 footers at the Lake but very few 24 and 27 footers. Most others are 35 ft and 1 or 2 38 footers. I would guess 29 ft. single.

Rexone
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Fountains only come in 24,27,29,32 (older33) 35 38 42 length and a cruiser. Also open fishing T-tops. Same lengths I think.
:)

DogMan
08-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Sounds like LEO's were really searching the lake for Fountains soon after the incident. My guess is that this boat is still in Havasu, tucked away in someones garage or in a storage unit. The operators would have trailered that boat asap, and jamed to the nearest safe house they knew of. Hard to believe that they could have towed that thing outa town, and outa the area without being caught. :confused: They could have disapeared real quick if they were from a place like the Islander or other private facilities...

Havasu1986
08-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds like LEO's were really searching the lake for Fountains soon after the incident. My guess is that this boat is still in Havasu, tucked away in someones garage or in a storage unit. The operators would have trailered that boat asap, and jamed to the nearest safe house they knew of. Hard to believe that they could have towed that thing outa town, and outa the area without being caught. :confused: They could have disapeared real quick if they were from a place like the Islander or other private facilities...
So I guess there is no chance that the Fountain went back the way it came from at some point. Like Moabi, Needles or Jack Smith. :confused:

pixilatedpussy
08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Any news yet?

DogMan
08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Not many 30ft Fountains or other big V's boat north of Moabi that far...Needles very shallow and rocky. The reports said the boat headed south...they had to disapear fast. Sounds like an Islander type of rig...home of the big boat boose boaters:D

Tremor Girl
08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Not many 30ft Fountains or other big V's boat north of Moabi that far...Needles very shallow and rocky. The reports said the boat headed south...they had to disapear fast. Sounds like an Islander type of rig...home of the big boat boose boaters:D
:confused: :idea:

Havasu1986
08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
At that time of the day the water is up. You can easily go at least up to the Needles bridge. My buddy has a house on the river a couple miles No. of the bridge and I have seen some big boats going thru there.

lalhc
08-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Not many 30ft Fountains or other big V's boat north of Moabi that far...Needles very shallow and rocky. The reports said the boat headed south...they had to disapear fast. Sounds like an Islander type of rig...home of the big boat boose boaters
What's that supposed to mean? This is not a time to take jabs at any particular boater. A life was loss and now a little boy has to grow up w/out his father. Whoever this boater is needs to be found, wherever he is from.

THOR
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Sounds like an Islander type of rig...home of the big boat boose boaters:D
A life was lost. Lets keep this thread about that and not get classless like this. Take these types of comments elsewhere or dont respond at all.

RitcheyRch
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Kind of surprised the boat and driver havent been found yet and actually figured he would have turned himself in once started seeing the newspaper reports.

Biglue
08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Kind of surprised the boat and driver havent been found yet and actually figured he would have turned himself in once started seeing the newspaper reports.
I'm sure the Fountain driver knows how much attention this incident had drawn on here and other forums. It's only a matter of time before someone turns him in.
Hope the little dude does alright after experiencing this traumatic event. God Bless.

Big Warlock
08-13-2007, 03:24 PM
A life was lost. Lets keep this thread about that and not get classless like this. Take these types of comments elsewhere or dont respond at all.
Well said! I was thinking the same thing.

Cat & Mice
08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Has anyone looked through Poker Run pictures?
It seems like someone has to have a picture of this boat
MP

RiverToysJas
08-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Has anyone looked through Poker Run pictures?
It seems like someone has to have a picture of this boat
MP
I did some searches in the gallery here, and hotboatpics.com, but I didn't think about the Poker Run. Good idea.....
I checked and this is posted over on OSO also, so those guys are aware.
RTJas

2Driver
08-13-2007, 05:40 PM
For all the boogers about the story line one thing that shines through is the desire of everyone to help out. Whether its with finances, offers to open our homes for the child or the unified effort to find this boat and driver, the outpouring has been quite impressive.
I found myself combing the web for Fountain photos on the web today.

Boatcop
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
First off it wasn't me. I have a 29 fountain and was on the water friday. The first of 4 LEO inspection's of my boat was done before I got on the water at windsor then again up in topock gorge then out in Thomson bay and again as I pulled out at Windsor. I was also checked in parker on saturday morning. I decide it was more hassle than it was worth to go out again on saturday so I went home. It was good to see that people are on the look out for the boat because somebody called LEO each time they came to look at my boat but when I got to parker on saturday the sherriff there told me he had just found out this happened about 40 minute before I got there when somebody called to say I was leaving havasu so they didn't know about this all day friday which bothers me since they would not be looking all that day.
If you look at when I started this thread, I think it's safe to say the Sheriff in Parker knew about it long before Saturday.

RiverToysJas
08-13-2007, 06:14 PM
This is from the Desert Storm '07 Poker run....
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2007/ds070152.jpg
Ring and bells anyone? Larger font Fountain could of been added recently....
Edit....
Just found more of that boat..it's a 38'er.
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2007/ds070311.jpg
Probably not the boat, but it does have red checkers.....
RTJas <---still looking......

RiverToysJas
08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Another from the poker run....
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2007/ds070454.jpg

Cat & Mice
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
You beat me to it!
This should be easy to track down and at least ask.
Even if it isn't the boat involved Fountain owners know other Fountain owners
MP

MsPatriYacht
08-13-2007, 08:07 PM
do any of the boats that boat on Havasu belong to SCOPE, you might want to check with them to see if anyone recogonizes the boat.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 08:57 PM
That boat has a desert storm sticker of DS-J09. So with that info, Jim or Art from Desert Storm whould have the info on who it was.
I cant tell by the reg numbers on the hull, but it didn't look like AZ numbers to me. I see an "N" at the start, however due to resolution, it could be distorted.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-14-2007, 03:30 AM
What astounds us is Havasu has very few launch ramps.
For the owner to make a clean break with a unique (in our eyes), stand-out boat from the lake is amazing.

Daddy_G
08-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Last I checked, the Islander is home to very conscientious, mature boaters who would probably not use this tragic forum to make such an off-handed and unfounded statement.
Don't dig in our trash!
And WTF is "boose" anyway?:confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-14-2007, 07:09 AM
What astounds us is Havasu has very few launch ramps.
For the owner to make a clean break with a unique (in our eyes), stand-out boat from the lake is amazing.
There are more than most people think.....
Repost
From Topock heading South I count, not including Topock: Havasu Landing(1), Windsor(3 or 4?), Crazy Horse(1), Beachcomber(1), Site 6(1), Islander(1), Nautical Inn(1), Lake Havasu Marina(1), Hidden Palms(1), Cat Tail(1), Sandpoint(1), Black Meadow Landing(1), Havasu Springs(1), public ramp down by Havasu Springs(1).....
16-17 launch ramps on a ~45 mile lake is one launch ramp, on average, every 2.8 miles.....

Batsfly
08-14-2007, 07:41 AM
http.//powerboatlisting.com/view/4070

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
I really don't want to get off topic here, but I can't help it....
If you don't know what he meant, then how can you be offended.
booze (bz) Slang
n.
a. Hard liquor.
b. An alcoholic beverage.
2. A drinking spree.
intr.v. boozed, booz·ing, booz·es
To drink alcoholic beverages excessively or chronically.
RTJas ;) .....ok back to looking for this Fountain.... :mad:

Batsfly
08-14-2007, 09:37 AM
http://powerboatlistings.com/view/4070

02HoWaRd26
08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/powerimg/m/4070/Full_view.jpg

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
BINGO!!! Lets hear from our eye witnesses.....that what you saw??? At least we could know if it's clsoe enough to show around.
RTJas

Biglue
08-14-2007, 10:52 AM
BINGO!!! Lets hear from our eye witnesses.....that what you saw??? At least we could know if it's clsoe enough to show around.
RTJas
Wasn't it said to be "checkered"?

MADDOG355
08-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Another style
http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/view_photos.cgi?ad_id=133845&img=10&count=1
I am in TN and can't be much help but, I was thinking there were some Fountains like the one posted by WYRD that had Fountain in large thin black letters down the side? I am thinking they went from the rubrail all the way to the turn under.

WYRD
08-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Another style
http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/view_photos.cgi?ad_id=133845&img=10&count=1
I am in TN and can't be much help but, I was thinking there were some Fountains like the one posted by WYRD that had Fountain in large thin black letters down the side? I am thinking they went from the rubrail all the way to the turn under.
http://www.iboats.com/sites/freshwater/site_page_4316/images/l_01fever27docked.jpg

Partycattin
08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Wasn't it said to be "checkered"?
When the LEO came into Steamboat on Saturday looking, they stated it was a "fountain" style boat. Red and black color scheme with checkers.

topless
08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
I would think it to look something like this.
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/2001tests/graphics/mar/fountain01.jpg

Dick Cabeza
08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I've gotta think, that the guy ditched it and it's on the bottom of the lake.
How in the hell could you hide a boat like that?

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Storage unit or garage.
To of deep-6'ed it, he would of had to re-launch it after learning of the fatality. Ramps were looking by then.
It's probably in storage, and will be until next season, when it comes out with new vinyl graphics. OR, it's in storage and he's cut it up into little pieces, and disposed of it a trash bag at a time. keeping the rigging and engine/drive for another boat later.
RTJas

RitcheyRch
08-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Think that has been suggested.
Someone still has to know the where the boat is and who the driver was.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Last I checked, the Islander is home to very conscientious, mature boaters who would probably not use this tragic forum to make such an off-handed and unfounded statement.
Don't dig in our trash!
Ya!!!!!:mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Someone posted this in another thread. ???
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2006/lo5l7873.jpg

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Someone posted this in another thread. ???
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2006/lo5l7873.jpg
That was a pointed joke at the owner of that specific boat. Please don't start pointing the finger at people we know are not involved!!! :mad:

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
That was a pointed joke at the owner of that specific boat. Please don't start pointing the finger at people we know are not involved!!! :mad:
No it wasn't! I posted it!!! It was sent to me via PM, showing that it COULD be a Scarab. Also showing what it the other boat MIGHT have looked like with the large font and checkers. It was not a joke!!!!
RTJas

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Nothing about this is a joke. Hopefully you are capable of understanding that.
No it wasn't! I posted it!!! It was sent to me via PM, showing that it COULD be a Scarab. Also showing what it the other boat MIGHT have looked like with the large font and checkers. It was not a joke!!!!
RTJas
Thank you, RTJas

hot_diggity_dog
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
The top boat is a very close match to what I saw except the boat was all white and the writing on the boat was the same size and color inside of a red oval.
The same boat that was ID by an off duty sgt LA sherrifs oficer and the boy, the man in the Hallett and the two pontoon boats that stopped to help.
We are all positive!!!
The collision was seen and heard by the off duty Sherrif along with tha man in the Hallett and the boy.
I saw the boat twice that day. The first time about 20-30 min prior going up river and the last time going down river.
HDD

sleekcraft137
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
i just couldn't imagine that it would be that easy to sink that boat without drawing attention to it. It would take some time to get it to fully sink without the bow sticking straight up in the air. If I saw a boat sinking I would race right over to it. IMO im sure that any sticker graphics have been pulled and the boat is either solid white or has a new set of graphics that are being applied. Any mention of "fountain" is gone forsure. I think everyone should be looking for a solid white fountain with no engine hatch or an engine hatch that is stripped down to the fiberglass.
I'm keeping an eye out up here in the Boise area, I'm sure its HIGHLY unlikely but you never know. I see a lot of boats passing through on their way to the Seattle area from Havasu quite often. Especially after a big poker run, regatta etc.

Strippoker
08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
This idea I have yet to see get posted I was doing a quick count of HB members that have a Myspace profile. These members need to hit the bulletin boards of Myspace with this info. Its just one more way to get the info out there. The more its on the hot topic page the better. Im personally going to post the info on Craigs list also in the rants and raves along with the wanted sections. I invite others to do the same. After 7 years of LE I know how hard it is to have a case like this stay open.

RitcheyRch
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Already saw a posting on MySpace although it needs to be revised since says the child doesnt have any family.
This idea I have yet to see get posted I was doing a quick count of HB members that have a Myspace profile. These members need to hit the bulletin boards of Myspace with this info. Its just one more way to get the info out there. The more its on the hot topic page the better. Im personally going to post the info on Craigs list also in the rants and raves along with the wanted sections. I invite others to do the same. After 7 years of LE I know how hard it is to have a case like this stay open.

riverbound
08-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Already saw a posting on MySpace although it needs to be revised since says the child doesnt have any family.
I posted one earlier, and just cut and pasted it from here.

Strippoker
08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
may seem like a silly question but does the cameras at west marine show the entrance to windsor? And is there any way to play back the channel camera for the day? most boaters do one pass in the channel. Also most storage units have cameras well at least all the ones I looked at before I pick the one im at. That and one other idea my wife asked has everyone looked at there family pics from the weekend? sometimes itsthe small details we often miss.

frdvschvy
08-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Great thinking with Myspace. Word definitely can travel fast there. Bulletin posted and I am sure will be re-posted among different circles quickly.

SnoC653
08-14-2007, 08:32 PM
There can't be that many approx. 30' Fountain boats in the US. I know it takes time, but by now they are probably doing a boat by boat look and see. If every police department in the area went and looked at every registered Fountain I'm sure they will find it within a week. Any boat claimed to have been sold or not available for inspection makes the owner an imediate suspect unless the explanation can be verifed (ie.. large deposit about the time said sale happened, copy of bill of sale.... ect) Its not like they are looking for a Ford F150 with millions of copies.

MsPatriYacht
08-15-2007, 03:45 AM
if anyone is good at photo shop they could help. They could work with the the two main eyewitnesses and give direction on what type of graphics to add, they do that on OSO all the time when someone is trying to come up with a new paint scheme. It would be interesting if the two main witnesses, each did one seperately, then we could see how close the drawings were to each other. police sketch artists do this all the time, so maybe they are already doing that
I am sure there is a ton of stuff like cross checking registrations, talking with Fountain and so forth going on that we are not privy to. All this talk is still good though because it keeps the topic active which help gets the word out.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Alan,
Has there been any updates on the search?

mjc
08-15-2007, 06:51 AM
has anybody been to this web page shows alot of the graphic choices
http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/technology/graphics_sb.htm

RitcheyRch
08-15-2007, 07:20 AM
I think thats what most are doing.
Any updates from LE on this?

phebus
08-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Definately a good thing to help law enforcement with the search for the boat/boater, but it sure would be nice if someone had a contact with L.E., so it could be a coordinated effort pinpointed to their needs. They may have leads that could narrow down the search somewhat.
Any contacts from the board with anyone actively involved in the investigation?

burbanite
08-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Two more well frequented boards now have been alerted, AR15.com and the H.A.M.B.

RitcheyRch
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Posted on tundrasolutions.com as well.
Two more well frequented boards now have been alerted, AR15.com and the H.A.M.B.

Strippoker
08-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Wow just checked my email I had 20 emails off the add I posted on craigs list using the post from myspace. All of them siad they will start to look around and contact places they know that this kind of boat may get fixed and repost the add to keep it going. Its worth hitting these coastal towns seeing how nothing says this boat isn't also a saltwater boat.

THOR
08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
This is somewhat disturbing.
I was picking up a check from a customer of mine in Newport Beach and I saw this boat. It is a Fountain Executioner and has a red strip with checkers on the back. The name of the boat is "Makin Time". It was being towed by a black dually Topkick I think. I could only get this phone pic because I was doing some biz stuff.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/468fountain.jpg

frdvschvy
08-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I was picking up a check from a customer of mine in Newport Beach and I saw this boat. It is a Fountain Executioner and has a red strip with checkers on the back. The name of the boat is "Makin Time". It was being towed by a black dually Topkick I think. I could only get this phone pic because I was doing some biz stuff.
Any obvious damage to the hull? Did you jot down the CF numbers?

THOR
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Any obvious damage to the hull? Did you jot down the CF numbers?
I didnt see any visible damage and was unable to get the CF numbers.

Boatcop
08-15-2007, 11:16 AM
San Bernardino County SO is doing the investigation.
Please call them with any information or leads.
I'm getting PMs and other messages regarding this, and all I can do is pass it on to them. They may have other questions on things they have developed that I'm not privy to. The information will be of more value if given directly to them.
SBCSO Needles: (760) 326-9200
email: needles2@sbcsd.org
I put this up right after I got the "attempt to locate" from SBCSO & Mohave County. I was hoping we could find it early on. However, at this point it's in the hands of the detectives working the case. Please forward any info to them.
Thanks to all for your vigilance and assistance.

ColeTR2
08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Has any of the people that witness this accident look at this picture to confirm that the boat look like this one?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37115&stc=1&d=1187210355

DSW
08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Info has been posted on the largest PWC forum.
http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=134617
Lets catch this guy.
-zack

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
On a separate thread there is an offer from one member in contact with ABC news in Phoenix to get this story on the air. They are looking for witnesses that would be willing to go on camera with their statement / story. Please look at this thread if you are a witness. I believe the person who started the thread has PMed at least one potential witness to see if he will come forward to go on camera. Would be great for this story, getting it out state wide and potentially getting picked up on nation wide coverage.

Classic Daycruiser
08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/468fountain.jpg
Looks like damage to the starboard side of this boat 6 inchs above waterline. Looks like gelcoat damage. Two black spots, and one 3-4 foot long white gash that starts from the rubrail on the starboard side to the waterline in a slanted pattern.
LE Should look very closely at this boat. This could be the boat:idea:

Sleek-Jet
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
and one 3-4 foot long white gash that starts from the rubrail on the starboard side to the waterline in a slanted pattern.
I don't know about the rest of it... but that's a reflection of the white stripe on the road...

Classic Daycruiser
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't know about the rest of it... but that's a reflection of the white stripe on the road...
At the water line, where the gash ends, it looks more black than white. I'm leaning more towards a gash/scrap, then the reflection from the road theroy:idea: also that is the shaded side of the boat
A good way to find out is to find the boat. Who own's "Makin Time"?
There is a company in So.Cal.:idea: :idea:
Makin' Time Matter, LLC
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

RiverDave
08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Looks like damage to the starboard side of this boat 6 inchs above waterline. Looks like gelcoat damage. Two black spots, and one 3-4 foot long white gash that starts from the rubrail on the starboard side to the waterline in a slanted pattern.
Two black spots are bildge dumps.. and from what I've read on here, that boat doesn't even remotely resemble the description? "Fountain about 12 inches tall across the side of the boat, with their emblem?"
RD

Classic Daycruiser
08-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Not white?....thats odd:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Here is the same photo lightened a bit
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37121&stc=1&d=1187216896
Seems to me if the light streak was damage, the graphic at the top would show this. However, there seems to be a nasty gouge on the bottom edge.

Sleek-Jet
08-15-2007, 02:35 PM
At the water line, where the gash ends, it looks more black than white. I'm leaning more towards a gash/scrap, then the reflection from the road theroy:idea: also that is the shaded side of the boat
You can see the dots from the stripe on the road in the reflection... :idea:

PHOTOGLOU
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
MAKIN TIME
Boat Information
Documented Information
Boat Name MAKIN TIME
Boat Owner (Managing owner of the vessel) FRANK J KUESTNER
Boat Owner Address (Address the US Coast Guard has on file for this vessel) (available with data download)
Hailing Port (Displayed on the vessel's stern and may be used to best determine the vessel's geographical area of operation) (available with data download)
Official US Coast Guard Vessel ID (Unique ID used by the U.S. Coast Guard to identify a vessel) (available with data download)
Official Number (Awarded to merchant and recreational vessels of the United States; Permanently marked on some structural part of the hull interior; not to be confused with the manufacturer's hull identification number) (available with data download)
Lloyd's Registry Number (This is a unique number that is assigned by Lloyd's Registry for the life of the vessel. Most vessels with this number are self propelled, over 100 gross tons, and operate on ocean and/or coastwise waters.) n/r
Call Sign (Unique code designated for the vessel's radio transmissions) n/r
Flag (United States)
Service Type (General use of the vessel) Recreational
Boat's Length 28 ft
Boat's Gross Tons 9
Boat's Net Tons 7
Vessel Build Year n/r
Vessel Hull Build Location UNKNOWN
Ship Yard UNKNOWN
Ship Builder UNKNOWN
Hull Material FRP (Fiberglass)
Hull Configuration Monohull
Hull Shape Ship
Self-Propelled Indicator (If a vessel is propelled by sail and machinery, it is considered self propelled) YES
Download all the information for 'MAKIN TIME'
to a Spreadsheet or Other File Type
Search
Boats/Yachts/Ships:
Boats by Boat Name
Boats by Zip Code
Boats by City
Boats by County
Boats by State
Boats by Ship Builder
Boats by Owner's
Last Name
Boats by Owner's
Company Name

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Is it me or does that seem really heavy for a 28 foot Fountain? Weird!!

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Rob,
Don't think it's you. The front of of that boat looks real heavy.

Classic Daycruiser
08-15-2007, 03:37 PM
The boat on the trailer is not a 30+ footer. Dual axles on trailer kinda give it away. The brighter picture reveals white strips with reflexor, and what I thought was a gash at the bottom is probably a modified step hull.
Why they use black pump out hull fittings instead of white? Covers???
OK so Makin Time is off the hook for now. Lets see some more images???:D :D :D

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Rob,
Don't think it's you. The front of of that boat looks real heavy.
I was just looking at PHOTGLUE's info he found. Says it's a 28 footer but the weight has to be wrong. And if indeed 7 or 9 tons, it would be on a three axle trailer I think.

THOR
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I didnt see any noticeable damage fellas.
Also, this boat sure seemed bigger than a 28'er. It had twin bravos with tabs.

PHOTOGLOU
08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
SLIGHTLY CRANKY
Boat Information
Documented Information
Download all the information for this Boat
Boat Name SLIGHTLY CRANKY
Boat Owner (Managing owner of the vessel) JAY J PHOTOGLOU
Boat Owner Address (Address the US Coast Guard has on file for this vessel) (available with data download)
Hailing Port (Displayed on the vessel's stern and may be used to best determine the vessel's geographical area of operation) (available with data download)
Official US Coast Guard Vessel ID (Unique ID used by the U.S. Coast Guard to identify a vessel) (available with data download)
Official Number (Awarded to merchant and recreational vessels of the United States; Permanently marked on some structural part of the hull interior; not to be confused with the manufacturer's hull identification number) (available with data download)
Lloyd's Registry Number (This is a unique number that is assigned by Lloyd's Registry for the life of the vessel. Most vessels with this number are self propelled, over 100 gross tons, and operate on ocean and/or coastwise waters.) n/r
Call Sign (Unique code designated for the vessel's radio transmissions) n/r
Flag (United States)
Service Type (General use of the vessel) Recreational
Boat's Length 42 ft
Boat's Gross Tons 11
Boat's Net Tons 8
Vessel Build Year 2003
Vessel Hull Build Location WASHINGTON NC UNITED STATES
Ship Yard n/r
Ship Builder FOUNTAIN POWERBOATS INC
Hull Material FRP (Fiberglass)
Hull Configuration Monohull
Hull Shape Ship
Self-Propelled Indicator (If a vessel is propelled by sail and machinery, it is considered self propelled) YES
Download all the information for 'SLIGHTLY CRANKY'
Search
Boats/Yachts/Ships:
Boats by Boat Name
Boats by Zip Code
Boats by City
Boats by County
Boats by State
Boats by Ship Builder
Boats by Owner's
Last Name
Boats by Owner's
Company Name

PHOTOGLOU
08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
SLIGHTLY CRANKY
Boat Information
I am just posting the info I have gathered.... Above post is of my boat and it dosent weight 11 tons

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I was just looking at PHOTGLUE's info he found. Says it's a 28 footer but the weight has to be wrong. And if indeed 7 or 9 tons, it would be on a three axle trailer I think.
Don't know of a 28 (?) footer that weighs 7 tons. I was looking at how low the front of the boat was trailering. Photo's info doesn't mention manufacturer.
Twins on a double axle doesn't sound right. Maybe Jay will confirm if what look to me like a gouge on the bottom edge is some sort of serpentine vent or step. I don't recall Fountain's having anything that looks like this. ????

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
WOW Jay, your boat weighs 22,000 lbs??? My 38 Donzi only weighs 11,000lbs dry? Seems really heavy!
Rob

THOR
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I did notice that it was on a Myco trailer.

THOR
08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
another one I have on my phone guys
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/468fountain2.jpg

dicudmore
08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
WOW Jay, your boat weighs 22,000 lbs??? My 38 Donzi only weighs 11,000lbs dry? Seems really heavy!
Rob
wasn't that listed as gross weight, not net/curb weight? the net weight looks in line to me??

supremeWAXer
08-15-2007, 04:06 PM
this whole event is not a good look for our sport but if all help he and it will be found. i have a pic of a boat kinda matchs desciption minus checkers , but it might help i mean it does have huge fountain on the side ....
http://a385.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_601a99978dd1450abf247ac4e51b68d0.jpg

Boatcop
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
The tons refer to the boat's displacement, not it's weight.
If you could put the boat in a container that was filled to the brim, and collect the water that spilled out and weigh it, the weight of the water would be the boat's displacement in "net" tons.
Vessel's must have a minimum of 5 net tons displacement to be eligible for USCG Documentation. Most boats over 25 feet would meet that requirement.

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
If you could put the boat in a container that was filled to the brim, and collect the water that spilled out and weigh it, the weight of the water would be the boat's displacement in "net" tons.
Vessel's must have a minimum of 5 net tons displacement to be eligible for USCG Documentation. Most boats over 25 feet would meet that requirement.
I did not know that!~ Thanks!!

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks Alan, I wasn't aware of that.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Here is Thor's 2nd photo adjusted. Damn that is a lot of boat for a double axle. Also, based on this photo, this boat doesn't appear to have a step.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37139&stc=1&d=1187224879

frdvschvy
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Hmmm... not ready to grab the rope yet, but in one of the descriptions of the boat by an eye witness they described the large black Fountain name (aproximately 1' in height) inside a red oval. The red and black lines running to the bow of this particular boat do form somewhat of an oval. This might look more like a true oval with the boat in the water and running at speed. The Fountain name in letters 1' in height would definitely be a good fit inside the empty space of this "oval".
http://images.craigslist.org/01010301020001030520070811fea7b9a71fae7459d400bc42 .jpg
Perhaps I am stretching a bit too far here but definitely deserves a closer look in person. The Craigslist listing date and other similarities are a little fishy. Why no SoCal craigslist listing where boating is very popular? If the vinyl lettering was removed you would most likely be able to still see the ghost image and a slight color variance where the gel coat was protected from the sun. Would not show up in pictures but most likely noticable upon close inspection depending on how long the vinyl lettering was in place.
Here is the link to the craigslist add found and posted by another board member earlier today.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/394636800.html
Ok, time to take off my ***boat detective hat and resume the standard non boat related threads and bashing.:)

02HoWaRd26
08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
In the side view of Makin Time it looks like it may be a reflection off the chrome fender, not a step or gash, as well the white scratch is pretty definately a road marking reflection cause if you zoom the rear shot in there is no marking of damage above the fender...my $.02

WishIknew
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
This DFM helped this guy and got a ration of S**T he needs to be comended !!!!PERIOD.

PaPaG
08-16-2007, 12:05 AM
:D Hey, any person that trys to help a situation in good faith is allowed to make some mistakes...give the guy a break...

DeathFlightMedic
08-16-2007, 07:49 AM
This DFM helped this guy and got a ration of S**T he needs to be comended !!!!PERIOD.
That needs to go to Jeff, He was the one there. I was off duty when this happened. So thank you, but give credit where it's due.

driverno8
08-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Has anyone thought maybe the oval they're talking about that's behind the word Fountain is the Fountain logo. I've seen pics where it's stretched into an oval. :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-16-2007, 08:56 AM
In the side view of Makin Time it looks like it may be a reflection off the chrome fender, not a step or gash, as well the white scratch is pretty definately a road marking reflection cause if you zoom the rear shot in there is no marking of damage above the fender...my $.02
See below.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37153&stc=1&d=1187283251

djunkie
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
See below.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37153&stc=1&d=1187283251
Looks like the step in the hull to me. Not damage.

RiverDave
08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Ultra26, what your looking at is a step in the hull. It's hard to make out in the other picture becuase of the angle and the low resolution but it's there.
I hate to say it, but in reality if you run over an old school stand up jetski, I'd be very surprised if there was any noticeable damage to a boat. Not anything that couldn't be taken care of in a few minutes with a magic eraser, or perhaps the course side of a sponge with some water in a few minutes (so that it wouldn't be visible from 3+' away to the naked eye, disregard a camera).
If the guy took it home, and knew anything a little wetsanding and buffing and it would be like it never happened. Best case scenario it might've transfered some paint from the jetski onto the hull which is easily removed..
I'm pretty sure I've seen the paint job described by the guy before, It's the fountain Oval towards the rear of the boat, with Fountain ahead of it all across the side of the boat about 1' 1-1.5' tall. I'm not 100%, but I think they also did some, where the word Fountain started in the shredded circle thing, and went through the edge of it.
RD

ULTRA26 # 1
08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Ultra26, what your looking at is a step in the hull. It's hard to make out in the other picture becuase of the angle and the low resolution but it's there.
I hate to say it, but in reality if you run over an old school stand up jetski, I'd be very surprised if there was any noticeable damage to a boat. Not anything that couldn't be taken care of in a few minutes with a magic eraser, or perhaps the course side of a sponge with some water in a few minutes (so that it wouldn't be visible from 3+' away to the naked eye, disregard a camera).
If the guy took it home, and knew anything a little wetsanding and buffing and it would be like it never happened. Best case scenario it might've transfered some paint from the jetski onto the hull which is easily removed..
I'm pretty sure I've seen the paint job described by the guy before, It's the fountain Oval towards the rear of the boat, with Fountain ahead of it all across the side of the boat about 1' 1-1.5' tall. I'm not 100%, but I think they also did some, where the word Fountain started in the shredded circle thing, and went through the edge of it.
RD
Dave
I mentioned before that the area in question might be some sort of serpentine vent and asked Photo to confirm. It doesn't appear to be a step.
I'm not suggesting that this is or isn't the boat. There are a few matches from the discription and some non-matched. It sure looks like a POS trailer for this size boat with twins

ULTRA26 # 1
08-16-2007, 11:04 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37167&stc=1&d=1187290974
Based on the photo above, the area is a vent and not damage

RiverDave
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Dave
I mentioned before that the area in question might be some sort of serpentine vent and asked Photo to confirm. It doesn't appear to be a step.
I'm not suggesting that this is or isn't the boat. There are a few matches from the discription and some non-matched. It sure looks like a POS trailer for this size boat with twins
Trips are more of a westcoast thing.. You really don't need them unless your hauling something ridiculously heavy. I.E. Your Ultra doesn't need a triple axle it's just for looks. I don't have all the weight measurements in front of me, but a 30' boat on a Tandem isn't outside the norm.
This trailer looks like a galvanized aluminum trailer, which is exactly what you want if you do any salt water boating. Might not be "blingy" like what your used too, but if you dropped your nice trailer in the salt a few times, it would quickly look like shiznit, and then fall apart overtime.. Where as this one will look and perform the same way for a very long time.
RD

ULTRA26 # 1
08-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Trips are more of a westcoast thing.. You really don't need them unless your hauling something ridiculously heavy. I.E. Your Ultra doesn't need a triple axle it's just for looks. I don't have all the weight measurements in front of me, but a 30' boat on a Tandem isn't outside the norm.
This trailer looks like a galvanized aluminum trailer, which is exactly what you want if you do any salt water boating. Might not be "blingy" like what your used too, but if you dropped your nice trailer in the salt a few times, it would quickly look like shiznit, and then fall apart overtime.. Where as this one will look and perform the same way for a very long time.
RD
I wasn't aware that a boat this size should role on a double axle?? The boat must weigh 8000 pounds. Sorry, this just seems like too much weight for 4 tires. Based on that I think I'll stick with west coast standards, but I appreciate your input
BTW My boat weighs about 4600 pounds and I am aware that I could role fine on doubles

Wild Horses
08-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I wasn't aware that a boat this size should role on a double axle?? The boat must weigh 8000 pounds. Sorry, this just seems like too much weight for 4 tires. Based on that I think I'll stick with west coast standards, but I appreciate your input
BTW My boat weighs about 4600 pounds and I am aware that I could role fine on doubles
Mine rolls on a double axle trailer that is rated for 12000 lbs, and mine is heavier than that Fountain. :idea: :idea: I would rather waste my money on extra gas than the set of tires that you rip up because you slide them around!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Dude! Sweet!
08-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Both of those trailers under those Foutains (the blue and the white) look like painted Mycos. (The white one on the freeway is for sure). Myco makes a really nice (and REALY spendy) trailer.

THOR
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Has this boat been found? A customer of mine told me that a Fountain matching the description was found near the launch ramp at Topock marina according to the BHC newspaper.

ChumpChange
08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
It sure looks like a POS trailer for this size boat with twins
That POS trailer most likely costs much more than yours. That trailer won't rust the way your's will either. :D