PDA

View Full Version : Russian bomber jets resume Cold War sorties

RitcheyRch
08-09-2007, 09:25 PM
This isnt good.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070809/ts_nm/russia_military_flights_dc

Roaddogg 4040
08-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Sounds like the "Old days" (late 60's/ early 70"s) when they would do the same thing to us in Alaska. They would fly over near us and we would scramble the F-106's and the pilots would go up and take pictures of each other... :D
Steve

32sunrkt
08-10-2007, 01:41 AM
dangerous game:sqeyes:

Rexone
08-10-2007, 03:10 AM
There's something about Putin that just seems a little sketchy. He doesn't instill any level of trust with me anyway.
Perhaps Russia is flexing its muscles a little because it knows the US Mil is streched thin and support within US for gov (admin & CONGRESS) is very poor at this time.

RitcheyRch
08-10-2007, 05:43 AM
My thoughts exactly.
There's something about Putin that just seems a little sketchy. He doesn't instill any level of trust with me anyway.
Perhaps Russia is flexing its muscles a little because it knows the US Mil is streched thin and support within US for gov (admin & CONGRESS) is very poor at this time.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Quite possibly the case. However, if they, the Russians, really want to resume the cold war even this congress would see the need for increasing the defense budget to take them on again.....At least I hope so...

RitcheyRch
08-10-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm all for increasing the defense budget and getting me back to work designing fighters and bombers. :D
Quite possibly the case. However, if they, the Russians, really want to resume the cold war even this congress would see the need for increasing the defense budget to take them on again.....At least I hope so...

Baja Big Dog
08-10-2007, 06:57 AM
We would never be able to get enough illegals into this country to mow the grass and weeds at all the military bases we closed if we the Russians decided to turn into assholes again...

ck7684
08-10-2007, 07:22 AM
This is nothing to worry about...I've read alot about the Cold War etc....this is nothing:sleeping:

MADDOG355
08-10-2007, 07:56 AM
I am gonna bet this has something to do with the dispute over the north pole.
Time to rally the canucks :D

JB in so cal
08-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Not exactly a "jet" but serious, none-the-less
http://www.aviapedia.com/files/bombers/Tu-95/Tu-95MS.jpg

Screaming Pete
08-10-2007, 08:55 AM
i heard something about the russins staking a claim to the ocean floor of the noth pole to claim oil right, like we did the moon by planting a flag

bigq
08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
hmmm...take a good look at past history and I would say maybe not:confused:

MADDOG355
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
i heard something about the russins staking a claim to the ocean floor of the noth pole to claim oil right, like we did the moon by planting a flag
That is it and Canada denys there claim, and of course U.S. agrees with Canada. Now Putin is rattling the saber so to speak.

spectras only
08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I am gonna bet this has something to do with the dispute over the north pole.
Time to rally the canucks :D
Bingo !
beware of the Russian Bear , not the Canadian Beaver :idea: :) .
I'm sure the dispute over the North Pole just beginning to heat up :sqeyes: . Fock the russians , I'd never trust them ;)

DMOORE
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Nothing to really worry about. Those were most likely the last two flyable bombers they have in thier Air Force. The russian military today is a joke. Having spent many years in the Seal teams, and seeing it up close, I know.
Darrell.

boatsnblondes
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Russian Navy is on it's way back also.....looks like after years of neglect due to lack of funds, Russia is on it's way back as a player...Putin is reckless, to say the least...read this....
http://www.spacewar.com/reports/The_Russian_Navy_Gets_Ambitious_999.html

burtandnancy2
08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
We bankrupted them once, I don't think they can come back this soon. And propeller planes against our stealth?

RitcheyRch
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Maybe this is why the Air Force has placed the the F-22 Raptor at a few bases in Alaska.