PDA

View Full Version : Motor Plates Needed

jstapplayer2003
08-10-2007, 06:27 AM
any and all info would be greatly helpfull, this is all that is needed to finish the engine install......for a BBC jet-drive

BrendellaJet
08-10-2007, 06:47 AM
easiest way to get a set of plates that fit your boat is to make them.

jstapplayer2003
08-13-2007, 12:37 PM
getting the stock is on thing, getting all the holes lined up is another......anyone got a template to sell...it would be alot easier

RCB19
08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Jplayer if you can wait till this winter I will have a complete motor plate an rail kit for sale.

TRG
08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I have a complete set front rear and i have rails all you need is the blocks and bellhousing the rear plate is polished and is from lightning and both front as well as rear are 3/8"
If you are interested call me up!
626-991-9031
Todd

TRG
08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
i guess its not a complete set! lol:D

BAE_557
08-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I bought a complete set from Duane at HTP a few years back for my BBC install.

Just Electric
08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
hey rcb you still have the rail kit pm me if you do ive got a guy who wants it

BrendellaJet
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
getting the stock is on thing, getting all the holes lined up is another......anyone got a template to sell...it would be alot easier
Buy yourself a set of transfer punches and the plates practically make them selves. Insert punches to equal depth, place plate on the punch tips and hold the plate still while you tap on the material just above each punch. Voila. Hoels are located all you have to do is cut the plates and locate the crankshaft centerline correctly.
Or, if you want for a small fee i will make the templates for you out of masonite and you can copy them, plus you have them for future use. PM me if interested.

Just Electric
08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Buy yourself a set of transfer punches and the plates practically make them selves. Insert punches to equal depth, place plate on the punch tips and hold the plate still while you tap on the material just above each punch. Voila. Hoels are located all you have to do is cut the plates and locate the crankshaft centerline correctly.
Or, if you want for a small fee i will make the templates for you out of masonite and you can copy them, plus you have them for future use. PM me if interested.
are you some kind of machinest or somethen what if hes lazy like me

BrendellaJet
08-14-2007, 01:49 PM
are you some kind of machinest or somethen what if hes lazy like me
Nope, not a machinist. I made my rail kit with a file, table saw, jig saw and a drill press. Took way too long the first time.(located all the holes by hand).
If you are lazy then you probably want to buy one all done for you and just trim it to fit(no two boats will use the same rail kit)

Just Electric
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Nope, not a machinist. I made my rail kit with a file, table saw, jig saw and a drill press. Took way too long the first time.(located all the holes by hand).
If you are lazy then you probably want to buy one all done for you and just trim it to fit(no two boats will use the same rail kit)
lol or just get of my ass and write a program for the c&c and buy the material like the last one i built