PDA

View Full Version : yes your opinion counts...well at least to me

a catered life
02-21-2006, 09:43 AM
help me plan a cool camping trip for the family..4 kids age 15,12,9,7 and they love to camp :rollside: hike, boat, swim all that stuff last year we went to BLM and had a good time it was just lil windy and their launch ramp was not ideal for my size boat.......we are on spring break the second week of april and want to chill family style havi is not the idea spot that time of the year we were thinking about mead maybe naci or whatever.........so if some of you have been to a great spot and would recommend it let me know :idea: :boxed:

JB in so cal
02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Mohave - Searchlight. Campground or boat camp; great coves to choose from.
You no-likey Black Meadow, huh?

dirty old man
02-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Catalina

Boa1277
02-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Try Gold Beach Oregon, hook up with Jerry Rogue River adventures take a flatbottom jet boat up river, including rapids to a lodge called Paradise Lodge, they have to generate their own electricity, you will see bear, deer, golden eagles, bald eagles, otters, salmon, it is really cool. They milk their own cows make their own cream and butter. No TV No Telephones. Lots of hiking rafting, the only problem is spring break is a little early, maybe July or August.

a catered life
02-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Mohave - Searchlight. Campground or boat camp; great coves to choose from.
You no-likey Black Meadow, huh?
thanks we loved the camp site but the boat/trailer repair cost :cry: were to much almost $2500 on trailer and $500 on boat for a 4 day weekend :yuk:

JB in so cal
02-21-2006, 10:08 AM
thanks we loved the camp site but the boat/trailer repair cost :cry: were to much almost $2500 on trailer and $500 on boat for a 4 day weekend :yuk:
Was it your boat that dropped off the end of the ramp? George got pissed, I bet. What happened? Did you scratch his tractor with your trailer? LOL!
Sorry to hear about all the damage; I have had issues with my boat there, as well.

Mrs. casean
02-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Not sure if it's too cold up that time of the year, but Lake Trinity is a beautiful lake w/ plenty of camping, hiking and boating... but I have a feeling the water will be pretty cold still :cool: But it's a great place for another vacation w/ the family!

a catered life
02-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Was it your boat that dropped off the end of the ramp? George got pissed, I bet. What happened? Did you scratch his tractor with your trailer? LOL!
Sorry to hear about all the damage; I have had issues with my boat there, as well.
lmao.....george was a real buthole :yuk: ......his ramp is not good for tri-axel trailers especially when you have huge pieces of old concrete from the old ramp drifting at the end of his ramp. short story...a huge piece of concrete lodged between my second and third axel and broke every bunk off the trailer and bent all the supports

JB in so cal
02-21-2006, 10:25 AM
lmao.....george was a real buthole :yuk: ......his ramp is not good for tri-axel trailers especially when you have huge pieces of old concrete from the old ramp drifting at the end of his ramp. short story...a huge piece of concrete lodged between my second and third axel and broke every bunk off the trailer and bent all the supports
I use the section wayyyy to the right looking down. It's about a foot or so deeper and they TRY to keep some gravel past that. When people power onto the trailers, all of it gets kicked out.
If the lake is down a foot, it's almost unusable for my 28'.

Rod-64
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey Willy
Where ever you go let me know and I'll bring the Waverunner, spirits and the industrial sized bag of bacon-wrapped scallops from Costco............we'll try the recepie in yer sig line. :crossx:
Raff can bring the camera to blind us with. :cool: :rollside:

raff
02-21-2006, 01:48 PM
B.v.

Rod-64
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Raff...................Where's the pics?????

SoCal_fun
02-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Clear lake up north.. Beautiful spot and BIG!

Desert Rat
02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Hogan..... We'll be up there in July. I also hear Millerton outside Fresno is a pretty nice lake that time of year. Good beachfront campsites and nice ramps.
Lets see Don Pedro, McClure, New Malones, SHASTA San Antonio has shoreline camping (south of naci). Willie give me a call and i'll give you some personnal insight into some of these lakes.

a catered life
02-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Hogan..... We'll be up there in July. I also hear Millerton outside Fresno is a pretty nice lake that time of year. Good beachfront campsites and nice ramps.
Lets see Don Pedro, McClure, New Malones, SHASTA San Antonio has shoreline camping (south of naci). Willie give me a call and i'll give you some personnal insight into some of these lakes.
ok sounds great pm me a phone number :p

a catered life
02-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey Willy
Where ever you go let me know and I'll bring the Waverunner, spirits and the industrial sized bag of bacon-wrapped scallops from Costco............we'll try the recepie in yer sig line. :crossx:
Raff can bring the camera to blind us with. :cool: :rollside:
ok cool sounds like a plan

a catered life
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I use the section wayyyy to the right looking down. It's about a foot or so deeper and they TRY to keep some gravel past that. When people power onto the trailers, all of it gets kicked out.
If the lake is down a foot, it's almost unusable for my 28'.
yea we tried that too the far right closer to the docks it wasnt a great boat trip......... :cry: and yea the water was low but i didnt know since it was my first time there but i learned my lesson

mike37
02-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Naci or San Antonio are nice lakes but the weather would not be that warm
that time of year
that time of year you are better of with a Arizona lake

HMF'er
02-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Similar thing happened to me, wheels of the trailer fell off the end of the ramp, broke the leaf spring weld trying to pull the trailer back. Go to inform the front desk about the ramp situation and Sherry's response........."Launch at your own risk". Haven't been back since.

a catered life
02-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Similar thing happened to me, wheels of the trailer fell off the end of the ramp, broke the leaf spring weld trying to pull the trailer back. Go to inform the front desk about the ramp situation and Sherry's response........."Launch at your own risk". Haven't been back since.
ouch and did you get the same answer i got when you went to get some help "if we call someone thats gonna cost you" :yuk:they were more worried about the money rather than getting my dam boat and trailer out of the water

a catered life
02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Naci or San Antonio are nice lakes but the weather would not be that warm
that time of year
that time of year you are better of with a Arizona lake
hey mike hows it going? thanks for the input :p

Huckleberry
02-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Have you looked into Roosevelt Lake in AZ? It's northeast of Phoenix about 90 miles. Big lake, nice campgrounds, great ramps.

a catered life
02-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Have you looked into Roosevelt Lake in AZ? It's northeast of Phoenix about 90 miles. Big lake, nice campgrounds, great ramps.
nope i havent but i will now :p

ThongMagnet
02-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Bartlett Lake, near Phoenix, AZ Camping, marina, Warm climate, fishing is still good in April. (water temp should be 70 by mid April). 350 miles from I-10 and I-15 intersection (LA). :rollside:

a catered life
02-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Bartlett Lake, near Phoenix, AZ Camping, marina, Warm climate, fishing is still good in April. (water temp should be 70 by mid April). 350 miles from I-10 and I-15 intersection (LA). :rollside:
thanks for the info

HMF'er
02-22-2006, 02:25 PM
ouch and did you get the same answer i got when you went to get some help "if we call someone thats gonna cost you" :yuk:they were more worried about the money rather than getting my dam boat and trailer out of the water
They allowed me to borrow their yellow pages - free of charge, and I called a welder in Parker. I ended up supporting and axle with tie downs, driving into parker and this guy welded my trailer for $50. It all worked out ok in the end, I just didn't care for BML's attitude that I have encountered on more this incident with the trailer.

JB in so cal
02-22-2006, 02:32 PM
That little peach is gone...

a catered life
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
They allowed me to borrow their yellow pages - free of charge, and I called a welder in Parker. I ended up supporting and axle with tie downs, driving into parker and this guy welded my trailer for $50. It all worked out ok in the end, I just didn't care for BML's attitude that I have encountered on more this incident with the trailer.
thats a cool cheap ending.... i agree with you 100% BML= bad attitude :yuk: