PDA

View Full Version : Leave your kids at home when you shop

Cigalert
08-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Let me start off by saying the neighbor I'm about to talk about is an excellent dad and completely adores his children. He took his 2 daughters (6 & 8 years old) to the grocery store with him this past saturday afternoon. The 6 year old was getting a little crusty and kept popping off. Then she started with the whinning. She was getting warned by daddy to knock it off or she was getting a spanking. Well the time came for the spanking to begin. He spun her around and spanked her on her rear. Normal parenting right? Wrong! A checker at the grocery store informed him he could not hit his daughter. Of course, he was peeved anyone interjected their thoughts onto a already annoyed father and replied to the checker in a not so friendly manor. She followed him out to the parking lot and wrote down his plates and called the popo's.
My wife and I decided to take our little one out on a walk approx 2 hours after this guy got back from the grocery store. As soon as we left our house I notice a cop walking up to this guys door with another car pulling up behind him. They pull him outside and gave him a blow test. Cuffed him and tossed him in the back of the car. His wife took off with the 2 kids because they didn't need to see daddy getting arrested. A third car rolls up and shortly after him a woman in her mid 30's pulls up in her car. The third cop shines his spots on the suspect and they have the woman come out and indentify him. She signed a report and bolts. They gave him a second blow test and took him away.
I still don't know what they booked him for but he got out on Tues. WTF? You can't spank your kids in public or in general? Obviously there is something more going on alcohol related but still....WTF?

Baja Big Dog
08-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Unreal......

Miss Perfect
08-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I find it so hard to believe that they would arrest him for spanking a kid on their butt. Makes me think there is more to the story, ya know?

Biglue
08-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I believe it's still legal to spank your kids. It has to be open handed and across the bottom. You can't use belts, sandals etc. Sounds like your neighbor handled the situation in bounds. I don't get the breathalizer test though. Was he maybe drinking at home maybe after he got back from shopping? The lady that got there to sign the report, was it the store clerk? Talk about a focked up deal.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Wtf!?!?!?!

Magic34
08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
If he had been home, there is no way a drinking charge would hold up.
You can wreck you car in a tree, then sit next to the tree drinking a bottle of Vodka and when the police show up, you cant really tell what your situation was when you hit the tree.
Something more has to be going on.

Miss Perfect
08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I believe it's still legal to spank your kids. It has to be open handed and across the bottom. You can't use belts, sandals etc. Sounds like your neighbor handled the situation in bounds. I don't get the breathalizer test though. Was he maybe drinking at home maybe after he got back from shopping? The lady that got there to sign the report, was it the store clerk? Talk about a focked up deal.
I was never really spanked as a kid, maybe once or twice and that was with a belt. But I always lived with the fear that Mom was going to kick my ass if I acted up. Kids no longer have that fear... it's no wonder that we are raising a society of hoodlums

Big Inch
08-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe he went home mad and took it out on his wife and she or the neighbors called? Then again maybe the clerk embelished on the details of the story

MADDOG355
08-10-2007, 08:28 AM
What store was it? I would avoid that place like the plauge, Right after I let the manager know why I was telling everyone to avoid it. :mad: :mad:
I would bet he had a drink at home and that will just add more problems :rolleyes:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm still astonished by this story.....I got my a$$ spanked as a kid, not often, but it did happen...and I deserved it...The thought that this man can discipline his child in a non-child-abuse way and be arrested!?!?!?!

Biglue
08-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I was never really spanked as a kid, maybe once or twice and that was with a belt. But I always lived with the fear that Mom was going to kick my ass if I acted up. Kids no longer have that fear... it's no wonder that we are raising a society of hoodlums
I'd be happy to spank you now if you wish. :D
There is definitely something there with limitations on how you can discipline your kids. It gives them a sense of someone the parents have to answer to.
Maybe he went home mad and took it out on his wife and she or the neighbors called? Then again maybe the clerk embelished on the details of the story
I thought the same myself. :idea:
Once there is kids involved in any situation, it becomes a case where "child endangerment" can be an issue. A drunken parent around kids (at least in the perception of the officer) can have serious repercussions on the person.

Racey
08-10-2007, 08:36 AM
What a Fuggin Joke!!! more kids need to be disciplined, i know when i got my ass spanked i learned real quick.
one more for the tally toward the pussyfication of the country

BrendellaJet
08-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Let me start off by saying the neighbor I'm about to talk about is an excellent dad and completely adores his children. He took his 2 daughters (6 & 8 years old) to the grocery store with him this past saturday afternoon. The 6 year old was getting a little crusty and kept popping off. Then she started with the whinning. She was getting warned by daddy to knock it off or she was getting a spanking. Well the time came for the spanking to begin. He spun her around and spanked her on her rear. Normal parenting right? Wrong! A checker at the grocery store informed him he could not hit his daughter. Of course, he was peeved anyone interjected their thoughts onto a already annoyed father and replied to the checker in a not so friendly manor. She followed him out to the parking lot and wrote down his plates and called the popo's.
My wife and I decided to take our little one out on a walk approx 2 hours after this guy got back from the grocery store. As soon as we left our house I notice a cop walking up to this guys door with another car pulling up behind him. They pull him outside and gave him a blow test. Cuffed him and tossed him in the back of the car. His wife took off with the 2 kids because they didn't need to see daddy getting arrested. A third car rolls up and shortly after him a woman in her mid 30's pulls up in her car. The third cop shines his spots on the suspect and they have the woman come out and indentify him. She signed a report and bolts. They gave him a second blow test and took him away.
I still don't know what they booked him for but he got out on Tues. WTF? You can't spank your kids in public or in general? Obviously there is something more going on alcohol related but still....WTF?
what store was this?

MADDOG355
08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't recall the whole story but my wife did somthing in a store once and her mom beat her @$$ all the way to the car. They said Child Services nearly beat them home :jawdrop:
Verbal assualt is a arrestable offence if someone wants to push it. I can guess what I would have said to the nosiey witch :mad: :mad: , Yea I most likely would have been arrested also.

BrendellaJet
08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Seriously, we all need to let the manager of the store know that we are going to shop elsewhere unless the clerk is publicly shamed for poking her nose into something that is none of her business.

AZJD
08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Kinda sounds to me like he got caught with an open container in the parking lot. That would be the only reason they would make him blow. Blowing twice just rules out the "this is my first beer excuse."
Just an assumption..........

boats&bars
08-10-2007, 08:50 AM
That sucks , I was spanked as a child< apparently not enuff,;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Maybe he had an outstanding warrant or something? There has to be more to the story???
:confused:

Ziggy
08-10-2007, 09:01 AM
I knew someone who was arrested for child abuse and they'd done nothing, they simply had a neighbor that didn't like them and called in a false report. They released him cuz no physical evidence was found on the child but he still was recorded and checked periodically by CPS.
I felt much the same when we took my daughter to the ER when she broke a collar bone at soccer practice, they interogated me like I'd beaten her....I was boiling, I've never been so offended like that in my life.......pretty obvious, she was still in her grass stained clothes and cleats.
So sad that society has gone that far not to trust anyone.:(

MADDOG355
08-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Maybe he had an outstanding warrant or something? There has to be more to the story???
:confused:
Outstanding warrant would not have required the clerk to come out to ID him.
To me this looks like he was arrested based completly on her complaint.

OutCole'd
08-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Awe crap, I just twisted my ankle while jumping to conclusion.
There is always three sides to every story. Can there be a history here? Alcohol on his breath in the store, then driving home with the kids, more than just a spank, I bet there's more to it here.

HavaSkank
08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Our society is phocked up BECAUSE hippie dippy parents are anti-spanking. I see more jacked up, rude little bastards in stores talking back and disrespecting others and this is suppose to be okay? Eff that! Im going to start calling CPS on the shitty parents who let these monsters scream at the top of their lungs because they want CoCo Puffs and bubble gum.

a catered life
08-10-2007, 09:30 AM
This is sad because something close to this happened to me with my first daughter...we were shopping at Hughes in Pasadena she was about 4 and being a real bad girl in the store I told her mom to take her to the car and let me finish the shopping...she starting screaming and saying "I want to stay with daddy". I talked to her and said if I let you stay with me you will have to follow my rules and be a good girl or I will have to spank you...not even 5 minutes later I had to spank that ass infront of the meat case.... Some old lady told me to stop spanking that child or I will call the police...of course I was a little heated and replied to the old bat "go ahead call the cops and let your tax dollar raise a future drop out or shut your mouth mind your own business and let me train my child".....before I could finish shopping the cops were at the store and questioning me....after a lot of BS back and fourth one of the officers said your being a good father and we are not here to put good people in jail....they asked my wife to take the kids and talked to me for a few more minutes and let me go......
the sad part is that I remember years ago you would see commercials and ads about don’t spank your child and talk to them and use time outs....wtf is a time-out
now I see commercials about parent’s need to discipline and punish their kids...maybe not spanking but I have seen a difference since the new age kids have arrived.......
Maybe it’s all MTV fault

topless
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I also think there must be more to the story than just a swat on the butt.

ck7684
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I hate to see any child abuse, but I dont think spanking qualifies. I was spanked as a kid, and it was more shock value than anything. I cant say I was ever hurt or really put in any pain at all...kinda like a loud newspaper slap to train a puppy. I think there are alternative ways, I've seen them work, but I think a good spanking can be effective too, as long as it's not meant to inflict pain or physical harm. My .02

socalmoney
08-10-2007, 09:41 AM
There were 3 arrests in RSM on Sat the 4th. Nothing involving child abuse or endangerment. The arrests made were for stolen vehicle, possession of syringe, burglary etc. One was a bench warrent for lack of ins, suspended license, FTA.

SB
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
My kids were misbehaving in a grocery store, I took them out to the parking lot, and spanked them. Some woman there in the lot, told me off, and called the police. The cops showed up at my house later that nite. They tried to browbeat me, and questioned the kids and looked at their butts for bruises. There was no arrest, but I would punch that woman in the face if I ever saw her.
On another day, I was in a restaurant, my kids were playing with the pay phone and dialed 911. A cop showed up and asked me to spank the kids.
You can't win.

Sleek-Jet
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
No sir, I will not subject to a breathalyzer test... not on my property or in my house...

ck7684
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
I can remember being a kid and not acting up for fear of what ANYBODY around might do...anyways, I just read this and thought I'd throw it into this thread...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20204351/

HocusPocus
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
i was spanking my son when he was 6 (open hand+2 swats) and my wifes dad went ape shit and threatend to call the police on me... this is the same man who use to spank his kids with a section of "hotwheel track" and leave strips on their back, butt and legs.

Cigalert
08-10-2007, 10:08 AM
There were 3 arrests in RSM on Sat the 4th. Nothing involving child abuse or endangerment. The arrests made were for stolen vehicle, possession of syringe, burglary etc. One was a bench warrent for lack of ins, suspended license, FTA.
Well I know for fact he enjoys wine....I've bought him and his wife quite a few bottles. A syringe...I don't think so.
I know his wife didn't call because I talked to her later that night. She was furious. They were in the middle of making dinner when the cops showed.
From what I heard it was the Ralph's down by Trabuco Hills High School. Perhaps the clerk smelled alcohol on his breath but at this point it's all he said she said. I asked his wife on Sunday if he was possibly a little too honest with the officers and she said "you know how he is...more than likely he told them he had a glass before leaving for the store". That being said, no matter what length of time had passed between going to the store and getting home there is no proof what his BAC was when he was at the store....if he was honest. But there is also no way of prooving he didn't come home after the yelling match with the clerk and pound a few shots of tequilla. I'm willing to be he was a little too honest. I'll find out more tonight when I'm sippin some brews in my garage.
It's just a case of a great guy getting viewed as a shitty parent because of an employee at a grocery store. I got a pretty good case against my dad for brain damage for how hard I was smacked in the back of the head just in public.

OC28HEAT
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
you can go to OCSD.org Sheriffs blog look up the name
that store is actually in Mission Viejo so the arrest would be handled by those deputies.

OC28HEAT
08-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry guys just checked the site and it was henrys market in MV and according to the website it was for spanking the daughter I would post the deatails but out of respect for the parent I will leave it alone.

Pussywhippled
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry guys just checked the site and it was henrys market in MV and according to the website it was for spanking the daughter I would post the deatails but out of respect for the parent I will leave it alone.
Figures it would be Henry's Market, bunch of hemp lotion wearing, granola smoking, wine in a box drinking, do-gooders...

ratso
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
My kids were misbehaving in a grocery store, I took them out to the parking lot, and spanked them. Some woman there in the lot, told me off, and called the police. The cops showed up at my house later that nite. They tried to browbeat me, and questioned the kids and looked at their butts for bruises. There was no arrest, but I would punch that woman in the face if I ever saw her.
On another day, I was in a restaurant, my kids were playing with the pay phone and dialed 911. A cop showed up and asked me to spank the kids.
You can't win.
Me too... http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
People tell me I should write a book on my marriages... Hell I could write one just on what I've seen with parents (especially single women) that won't discipline their kids!

topless
08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Figures it would be Henry's Market, bunch of hemp lotion wearing, granola smoking, wine in a box drinking, do-gooders...LMAO!!!!!!!!!:D :D

River Lynchmob
08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't know any of my friends or myself that wern't spanked as kids. My mom would give two or three whakcs on the butt when I was a $hit. If I swore or talked back I would either get a smack across the face never hard just like someone earlier said more for shock value or I got a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and was told to bite down until I left a imprint of my teeth on the bar of soap and i wasn't allowed to eat, drink or spit for 30 min afterwards. I can say every time without fail I deserved and I wouldn't change it at all. I plan to do the same to my kids as well.

AZJD
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't know any of my friends or myself that wern't spanked as kids. My mom would give two or three whakcs on the butt when I was a $hit. If I swore or talked back I would either get a smack across the face never hard just like someone earlier said more for shock value or I got a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and was told to bite down until I left a imprint of my teeth on the bar of soap and i wasn't allowed to eat, drink or spit for 30 min afterwards. I can say every time without fail I deserved and I wouldn't change it at all. I plan to do the same to my kids as well.
I got spanked once! And it wasn't pretty..... I made sure not to get out of line anymore. The problem with parent/kid relationships these days, is that the kids don't fear their parents. I am still afraid of my mom. If you have a problem child give them one good talking to and if that doesn't work....WHOOP THAT ASS! Once, not 42 eleven hundred dozen times. Let's face it, it doesn't hurt! The kids are just like pets that will continue to do the same thing for attention. The respect factor needs to be put into place. It's not easy, and being a part time parent at best, I find I don't want to be the diciplinarian. I negotiate with my daughter.... (which means I give in) but I got lucky, my daughter is a pleasure to deal with.
Each generation seems to produce a larger percentage of kids not giving the proper respect to their parents, and I can only seem to associate it with the fact that too much lieneincy is being given to them (the kids.) Yes TOO MUCH! Parents are the boss. Make your kids earn their stuff. Quit throwing money at the situation. If you buy them something nice, the problem will get worse. I had a TV, phone, computer and video game.....in the damn living room, where it could be monitored. I see the trend in a downward spiral since the home makers (our moms) decided to become career oriented. I am not against this, however I feel a stay at home mother has a firm grasp of what their child is doing in his or her day to day life.
Just my .02......................

BrendellaJet
08-10-2007, 01:00 PM
People need to mind their business. During a recent family get together my wifes aunt started giving me shiat because I was throwing my 16 month old in the air(Im sure you've all done it), it wasn't high and my son freaking loves when I do it. She started flipping out and wouldn't let it go, saying"you're gonna drop him"...
Kicked the biatch out and told her not to come back. Haven't seen her since. Dam I hate that b!tch.

ratso
08-10-2007, 01:06 PM
i was spanking my son when he was 6 (open hand+2 swats) and my wifes dad went ape shit and threatend to call the police on me... this is the same man who use to spank his kids with a section of "hotwheel track" and leave strips on their back, butt and legs.
That's the kind of guy you'd figure would pull a "Marvin Gaye" on his kids...

topless
08-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I see the trend in a downward spiral since the home makers (our moms) decided to become career oriented. I am not against this, however I feel a stay at home mother has a firm grasp of what their child is doing in his or her day to day life.
Just my .02......................I don't believe moms decided to become career women, it was a nessecity to make ends meet. Didn't women start working when their husbands went to war? I wish I could have been a stay at home mom but circumstances prevented and still prevent it. I do the best I can and yes I have spanked my kids.

Chipster27
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Our society is phocked up BECAUSE hippie dippy parents are anti-spanking.
Are you saying "time out" doesn't work? You might not be giving it enought time. Start with 3 days in the corner..
Cigalert, it's the community you live in and the CC&Rs. Obviously you have not made it to page 486 section 321.1.d.2a :D
Seriously, that's just wrong. Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

ratso
08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Are you saying "time out" doesn't work? You might not be giving it enought time. Start with 3 days in the corner..
Cigalert, it's the community you live in and the CC&Rs. Obviously you have not made it to page 486 section 321.1.d.2a :D
Do you also count to 3?

Chipster27
08-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Do you also count to 3?
Crap did they shorten the count? I used to have to count to 10. This will add hours on to my day :D

River Lynchmob
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I got spanked once! And it wasn't pretty..... I made sure not to get out of line anymore. The problem with parent/kid relationships these days, is that the kids don't fear their parents. I am still afraid of my mom. If you have a problem child give them one good talking to and if that doesn't work....WHOOP THAT ASS! Once, not 42 eleven hundred dozen times. Let's face it, it doesn't hurt! The kids are just like pets that will continue to do the same thing for attention. The respect factor needs to be put into place. It's not easy, and being a part time parent at best, I find I don't want to be the diciplinarian. I negotiate with my daughter.... (which means I give in) but I got lucky, my daughter is a pleasure to deal with.
Each generation seems to produce a larger percentage of kids not giving the proper respect to their parents, and I can only seem to associate it with the fact that too much lieneincy is being given to them (the kids.) Yes TOO MUCH! Parents are the boss. Make your kids earn their stuff. Quit throwing money at the situation. If you buy them something nice, the problem will get worse. I had a TV, phone, computer and video game.....in the damn living room, where it could be monitored. I see the trend in a downward spiral since the home makers (our moms) decided to become career oriented. I am not against this, however I feel a stay at home mother has a firm grasp of what their child is doing in his or her day to day life.
Just my .02......................
You're absolutly right...so many parents want to be their kids "friends" well that's juts great while you're out being a friend who is teaching them the difference between right and worng? Give me a break be a parent, be a disciplinarian be their teacher be their roll model be their friend when they are all grown up and are on their own. The other thing I blame the lack of respect in todays youth is there is no one at home when they get home (I am not trying to offend here and I know that in most families both parents have to work in order to make ends meat and I respect that and I hope that I do well enough that when I get married my wife can stay at home if she so chooses) there is no one there to tell them to do their homework to tell them no you cant watch that, no you can't go on the internet, clean up after yourself don't be rude to your neighbor you can't hang out with that kind around the corner etc etc etc. If ther is no one there to teach them right and wrong then their friends or better yey the TV or internet will. This is a subject that I give a lot of thought to.
Oh and who ever was talking about counting to 3...very funny my mom did that but her three took about 2 seconds flat and then the can of Whop a$$ was opened.

Goad
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry guys just checked the site and it was henrys market in MV
Never been there....and now I never will.

widowmaker
08-10-2007, 02:39 PM
My dad had a large wooden paddle, when I was being a little sh*t I got paddled. I plan on doing the same when my kids act the same. Taught me lessons and put me in my place. Obviously something else is going on, but if it were me I would tell the focking grocery clerk to mind her own business.
There are already too many people around in this world that should have had the sh*t kicked out of them when they misbehaved or mouthed off.

Mattman
08-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Neighbors dog shits on your lawn, another gets hooked for lightin' up a kid at the store, and your drinking beers in the garage. WTF is wrong with your hood? What's whitey town turning into?:D

ratso
08-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Crap did they shorten the count? I used to have to count to 10. This will add hours on to my day :D
:D

Dan Lorenze
08-10-2007, 02:53 PM
this is the same man who use to spank his kids with a section of "hotwheel track" and leave strips on their back, butt and legs.
I was spanked a couple of times with a section of Hotwheel track too, got my attention real quick.

Cigalert
08-10-2007, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=Chipster27;2726035]Cigalert, it's the community you live in and the CC&Rs. Obviously you have not made it to page 486 section 321.1.d.2a :DQUOTE]
No chit huh. I love whitty town and I hate whitty town all for the same reasons.

Chipster27
08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
No chit huh. I love whitty town and I hate whitty town all for the same reasons.
True....true

OCMerrill
08-10-2007, 08:39 PM
We shop at that Henry's all the freaking time. This very thing could have happened to me I guess. One of those note to self moments.
We don't spank for every little thing but there are times when only a sting to the ass will bring them around.
That teller was either beaten as a kid or beaten by a husband or boyfriend. She is making a baggage drop at you neighbors expense. Crappy as it is.

HokeySon
08-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Police: knock knock.
Citizen (behind closed door): Who's there?
Police: The Police, we would like to talk to you.
Citizen (behind closed door): Do you have a warrant?
Police: no, we just want to talk to you to clear somethings up.
Citizen (behind closed door). What is this about?
Police: Open the door and we can talk about it. we are not going to talk through this door. I am sure we can clear this up quickly and easily... just open the door.
Citizen (behind closed door): Well, I can't think of anything that I need to talk to you about. Thanks for stopping by, everything is fine, I am not interested in talkng to you.
Police: Well we need to talk to you, please open the door so we can talk privately we wouldn't want the neghbor's to hear, we just want to clear some things up, if you won't come out we will just have to go get a warrant, you wouldn't want that, there's no need, when we can clear this up right now.
Citizen (behind closed door): I understand you want to talk with me, but I don't know what this is about and you won't tell me. I assure you that there is nothing wrong and nothing to clear up.
Police: You need to open the door so we can talk to you. We do not need a warrant. You have to talk with us.
Citizen (behind closed door): No I don't.
Your friend should practice this for when DCFS shows up .... and they are going to.

C-2
08-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Police: knock knock.
Citizen (behind closed door): Who's there?
Police: The Police, we would like to talk to you.
Citizen (behind closed door): Do you have a warrant?
Police: no, we just want to talk to you to clear somethings up.
Citizen (behind closed door). What is this about?
Police: Open the door and we can talk about it. we are not going to talk through this door. I am sure we can clear this up quickly and easily... just open the door.
Citizen (behind closed door): Well, I can't think of anything that I need to talk to you about. Thanks for stopping by, everything is fine, I am not interested in talkng to you.
Police: Well we need to talk to you, please open the door so we can talk privately we wouldn't want the neghbor's to hear, we just want to clear some things up, if you won't come out we will just have to go get a warrant, you wouldn't want that, there's no need, when we can clear this up right now.
Citizen (behind closed door): I understand you want to talk with me, but I don't know what this is about and you won't tell me. I assure you that there is nothing wrong and nothing to clear up.
Police: You need to open the door so we can talk to you. We do not need a warrant. You have to talk with us.
Citizen (behind closed door): No I don't.
Your friend should practice this for when DCFS shows up .... and they are going to.
Yup
The second you go outside, bam, drunk in public (yes, in your own front yard).
------
Unless he was arrested on a Felony charge - I think the complaining party would have had to sign for a citizens arrest - a Misdemeanor not committed in the presence of LEO? If so and the case doesn't stick....I think old Hokey' can stop staking out the ambulance garage?

Chipster27
08-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Yup
The second you go outside, bam, drunk in public (yes, in your own front yard).
Reminds me of a Ron White joke. He's drinking in a bar, the bouncers throw him out and call the cops. The cops arrest him and he asks what he's being arrested for. They respond with "drunk in public". He replys with, I was drunk in a bar, they threw me in to public :D

Chipster27
08-11-2007, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE=Cigalert;2726129]
Why do you call your city, Whitey Town?
My guess is the following:
Fortune Magazine (http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/08/pf/bplive03_west/index.htm)called Rancho Santa Margarita one of the two hottest towns in the West to live in.
It's very "sterile", CC&Rs, rules and restrictions. It's cleansed (:idea:) with a good majority of the residents being white collar workers.
Copied from the Fortune article:
Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.
The ultimate commuter's compound Southern Californians commute for a living, literally, and Rancho Santa Margarita residents tip the scale at just over 33 minutes on the road each way, on average. The trade-off is pristine California living in a highly planned community where little is left to chance.
Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains, 5,000-acre Rancho Santa Margarita was incorporated only in 2000 and is almost an homage to urban planning, with palm trees evenly spaced and traffic lights synchronized to the second. There are 10 parks, four pools, numerous recreational fields and a man-made swimming lagoon, all held in common and maintained with dues paid into a homeowners' association

Cigalert
08-11-2007, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=Cigalert;2726129]
Why do you call your city, Whitey Town?
Because there are nutin but stuck up, arrogent, bible thumpin, buying a brand new beemer from their equity just to impress the other moms at school white people as far as the eye can see packed together so thick you can walk across them.
I'm white and as the history of rap music shows I can make fun of my own people all I want.
Or you can take chipster definition.

Chipster27
08-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Sounds like a nice place to live, enjoy :D
Marketing has a way of doing that :D It's not bad, I'm on my 3rd house in RSM. Keep looking elsewhere, but we really like it here so....
How can you go wrong in a community that looks like this:
http://www.orangecounty.net/cities/imagepages/RanchoSM.jpg

Chipster27
08-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Because there are nutin but stuck up, arrogent, bible thumpin, buying a brand new beemer from their equity just to impress the other moms at school white people as far as the eye can see packed together so thick you can walk across them.
I'm white and as the history of rap music shows I can make fun of my own people all I want.
:D :D :D
Just don't shop at Henry's :idea:

Cigalert
08-11-2007, 07:18 AM
I have a completely unobstructed view from my loft/office of saddleback. It's amazing when there is snow on it.

AZJD
08-11-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't believe moms decided to become career women, it was a nessecity to make ends meet. Didn't women start working when their husbands went to war? I wish I could have been a stay at home mom but circumstances prevented and still prevent it. I do the best I can and yes I have spanked my kids.
I take your side completely topless. My mom is my hero. She is the strongest person I know, and raised 3 boys on her own. I give every career woman props and don't necessarily think it makes you a bad parent. I just think if it's possible, there should be a stay at home parent until the kids are into or through highschool. Just my opinion.

Chipster27
08-11-2007, 08:09 AM
I have a completely unobstructed view from my loft/office of saddleback. It's amazing when there is snow on it.
Same here, this is the view from one of our bedrooms
And if it helps...Coto residents call us Rancho Santa Ana :D Of course a lot of those effers are a paycheck away from bankruptcy :sqeyes:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/Chipster27/Saddlebacksnow1.jpg

OC28HEAT
08-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Friend in the Auto Repo Business says that Coto is 2nd behind Newport for repo activity. had a picture of a Lexus on the back of his repo truck with his company sign and one of those plates that says "COTO NOW THIS IS LIVING". Heard the other day that one of the people on the show the real housewifes lost home in foreclosure.

Cigalert
08-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Same here, this is the view from one of our bedrooms
And if it helps...Coto residents call us Rancho Santa Ana :D Of course a lot of those effers are a paycheck away from bankruptcy :sqeyes:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/Chipster27/Saddlebacksnow1.jpg
Chipster are you in the Rancho Mission Viejo area or the deep rancho? I'm off Los Alisos. It's nicer than going out to "slow corner". You know the area of RSM pkwy between kinder care and lowes. People just feel the need to drive 32 mph right there for no focking reason.
It's funny about some of those coto/dove people. My buddy lives in dove got a $300 fine for not calling ahead for multiple guest during the super bowl this year. And another $300 fine for leaving his boat park along the street in front of his house for more than 48 hours.

Chipster27
08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Chipster are you in the Rancho Mission Viejo area or the deep rancho? I'm off Los Alisos.
And another $300 fine for leaving his boat park along the street in front of his house for more than 48 hours.
Yea, I'm at the top of Melinda just as it starts to head down hill to the toll road (where Melinda goes under the toll road, not over). Just down the street from Solano park. Sound like you're right around the corner.
Raceface lives in the area (sounds like Wagon Wheel or Ladera) and we keep threatening to get together for beers at Backstreet Brewery in Ladera. Once we get our schedules together you should join us.

meaniam
08-11-2007, 08:46 AM
just a thought. i say this cause in lake arrowhead this was common for the police to pull. they would show up to a party ask the people to step out and have a conversation. they would bring you out to the curb ask you a couple of questions. and if you were intoxicated bust you for being drunk in public. i am thinking something similar to this might have happened

HokeySon
08-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I tried EXACTLY what you recommend, I'm very familiar with the law and my rights. The POS officer at my door told me that if I didn't open the door and come out, he was going to come in because somebody in the house might be in danger. I came out, he started to question me and told him I wanted to speak to my lawyer and not talk to him. He hooked me up. Then while he was attempting to put me in the car, he let my toddlers run around crying in the street. I asked him to get my kids out of the street and I would get in the car. He refused, so I refused to get in the car. Actually, I carried him halfway around the block on my back. By the time him and his 5 cohorts beat me up and got me into the car, I was charged with a felony and a misdemeanor count of resisting. Surprise, surprise, the felony charge that he was at my door about was completely dropped, not pled down to something else, completely dropped, but they proceeded with the resisting. Ended up costing me about $6K to bail out and another $1k in fines and whatnot to defend myself against the resisting charge.
Ask me again why I hate cops.
Hey, it is always easier on my side of the desk!

MADDOG355
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe you should have nicer to the wimps in school, who knew they would become cops?
Yea no crap. :eek:

HokeySon
08-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Yep. I tried that TV move "I want to talk to my lawyer." The guy just hooked me up with zero evidence and zero hope of making the charge. I said "You can't arrest me, you'll never make that charge." The guy just says "I can arrest you for anything I want, whether they make the charge or not is none of my business."
I see the guy all the time. I pretty much drive by him and flip him off every time I see him and he pretty much pretends like he doesn't know who I am. ;)
Lessons I have learned over the years, for what they are worth:
1. You don't get to win an argument on the street with a LEO. they have a badge and gun and usually think they are doing the "right" thing so you are not going to stop them. All you can do is calmly state your position and let them do whatever they want. A judge gets to decide later who is right. Example: client calls. LE is at the door. I get over there. Ask for the warrant. They tell me they don't need one. Okay, I think you do, I am asking you to leave. We are not going to leave and if you interfere, we will arrest you. Okay, look, you are doing your job and I am doing mine. I think you need a warrant and I have asked you to leave, you now do whatever you think you are entitled to do, but make sure your report includes me asking for your warrant and asking you to leave when you said you did not have one. I am not going to interfere, the judge will decide who is right later. This one never got to a judge.
2. Don't take a stand unless you are absolutely willing to see it through. Using your situation as an example (and only an example, not suggesting this is what you SHOULD have done): "okay, you are going to have to break down the door then -- but here I will unlock it for you so you can just come in without damaging it. I am not consenting to you coming in though. Its your call. the door is unlocked." Then, when they arrest you, you have to fight the charges AND sue the govt. Very often, people just plead out, then complain about the injustice of the system. That's okay, but if you want to be vindicated, you have to stand up for rights in the forum that matters: Court. If someone is not prepared to fight the full fight to vindicate his rights, he might as well not assert them in the first place.
3. No LE asking me or my clients questions in an official capacity has ever been a friend or had my or their interests at heart. That's just been my experience (and I don't do that much criminal law). Also, I hate it when they use "cooperation" as some sort of litmus test for "innocence" as in, "If you are not going to cooperate, you must have something to hide." No, I am not going to cooperate because I don't have to. It is as simple as that.
just my thoughts. And, just so you know, these lesson were learned by my own similar experiences to yours.

Cigalert
08-13-2007, 04:48 AM
A little update:
I talked to my neighbor on Saturday night. I asked him what he was charged with and he mentioned they only verbally told him DUI and Child Endangerment but he and his lawyer cannot find any report stating what he was actually booked with. He told the cops that he had been drinking almost 3 hours prior to going to the store and then had another few when he returned. He asked what he blew and was never told (according to him).
Rumor around these parts is he has 1 prior duece and 1 prior child endagerment.
He said his daughter asked him to buy her an iPod 170 times that day and then really started whinning about it. I know there's got to be some truth to that because the last time I had the boat parked in front of the house the girls hopped on board and were more jazzed about the ipod than anything else. His response then was "there is no need for you to have a $250 iPod....I don't care if your friends have one". That was 2 months ago. I can't imagine how many times she has asked since then.
I wanted to ask him a bunch of questions but he seemed annoyed by the whole situation.

Jbb
08-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Lessons I have learned over the years, for what they are worth:
2. Don't take a stand unless you are absolutely willing to see it through. Using your situation as an example (and only an example, not suggesting this is what you SHOULD have done): "okay, you are going to have to break down the door then -- but here I will unlock it for you so you can just come in without damaging it. I am not consenting to you coming in though. Its your call. the door is unlocked." Then, when they arrest you, you have to fight the charges AND sue the govt. Very often, people just plead out, then complain about the injustice of the system. That's okay, but if you want to be vindicated, you have to stand up for rights in the forum that matters: Court. If someone is not prepared to fight the full fight to vindicate his rights, he might as well not assert them in the first place.
Does the court system have in place, or are judges allowed to let you recoup the costs associated with "taking a stand" and "asserting your rights?"
If I stand up in a forum that matters.......and I win......and I am vindicated....does the court system make things right? am I paid for time lost at work?.....do overzealous cops get punished?.... Everyone I know who has been fasley accused of anything... always went with a plea...AFTER being told by the soliciter or DA that court costs are expensive and time consuming......and there is still a chance you wil lose...The People who issue these warnings know exactly what they were doing ......If everyone who screwed up were held accountable ....to the same standard....the world would be a much better place.....The court system ...In my opinion is Fukked

HokeySon
08-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Does the court system have in place, or are judges allowed to let you recoup the costs associated with "taking a stand" and "asserting your rights?"
If I stand up in a forum that matters.......and I win......and I am vindicated....does the court system make things right? am I paid for time lost at work?.....do overzealous cops get punished?.... Everyone I know who has been fasley accused of anything... always went with a plea...AFTER being told by the soliciter or DA that court costs are expensive and time consuming......and there is still a chance you wil lose...The People who issue these warnings know exactly what they were doing ......If everyone who screwed up were held accountable ....to the same standard....the world would be a much better place.....The court system ...In my opinion is Fukked
Well, Bob, is right -- I costs money to be right.
But the answer to your question is yes, but not on the criminal side. You have to beat the criminal side, then sue on the civil side.
EDIT: Bob's comment is just as right in civil cases. I cannot count the number of clients who have told me at the beginning something like: " I don't care what it costs, it is the principle of the thing" then reconsidered their position when they find out what it will really cost. And, no one likes to pay lawyers. I think it comes from a feelling that they are right and so it shouldn't cost them anything.

Cigalert
08-25-2007, 05:55 AM
I've talked with my neighbor a few times and here's an update with a quick recap.
My neighbor took his kids to store, 8 year old daughter was acting up, spanked her on the rear in the parking lot.
He was charge with a duece. They took 2 seperate breathalizers and blew a .12 on the first one...I don't know what the other one read. The second test was given over an hour later. He admitted to drinking prior to going to the store with his children.
The call came in at 6:13 pm. He said his receipt from the store said 6:04. He lives maybe 6 minutes from the store so that makes a little sense. He said he had enough time to unload the grocery's and prepare an artichoke and boil a pot of water...so maybe 20 minutes. I witnessed them giving him his first breath test at almost 7:00. I don't think the first officer was able to question him until 6:40. For argument sake let's say he was a .07 when he got home from the store, how long would it take and how much alcohol to put him into the .12 level? If he came home and (this is what he told me)had a pint glass 2/3 filled with vodka and topped with sprite...would that put him up over the limit? If he came home and slammed a bottle of everclear would that make a difference?

cab_01
08-25-2007, 08:31 AM
He should have never taken the breathalizer test. Could he say his wife drove him?

Cigalert
08-25-2007, 09:03 AM
He should have never taken the breathalizer test. Could he say his wife drove him?
No because the original report had him giving the people's elbow to the older kid and then going Cole Trickle back to the house.