PDA

View Full Version : Drowning at Black Meadows....

Quest4Fun
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I didn't hear about this one, it appears this man drowned while trying to retrieve his easy-up :( Just goes to show that anything can happen!
California Man Dead
In Havasu Incident
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - The San Bernardino County CoronerÂ’s Office has just announced the unusual death of a man in an incident in Lake Havasu on the night of August fourth. HeÂ’s been identified as Thomas James Gemmell Jr., 61, of Los Alamitos, California. He was camping at Black Meadow Landing Resort when his lakeside canopy was blown into the water by strong winds. He jumped in after it, trying to retrieve the large cover and witnesses saw him disappear under the water. They then attempted to rescue Gemmell, found him in the water and brought him to shore. CPR was started while they awaited paramedics. He was pronounced dead at 12:03 AM.

JB in so cal
08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
We were there when it happened. About 11:30 or so-the wind kicked up and it started to rain a little. The Owner at BML is also a San Berdoo Fire Captain and medic and he was there in minutes and the guy was probably gone. Maybe a heart attack? There was a life flight helo circling over head, but it never set down.
Think about that man's family having to pack up and drive home:jawdrop:
I would have posted this up on monday, but this place was dark enough!

NOTALENT
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Damn that sucks, from my hood too.

Quest4Fun
08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
We were there when it happened. About 11:30 or so-the wind kicked up and it started to rain a little. The Owner at BML is also a San Berdoo Fire Captain and medic and he was there in minutes and the guy was probably gone. Maybe a heart attack? There was a life flight helo circling over head, but it never set down.
Think about that man's family having to pack up and drive home:jawdrop:
I would have posted this up on monday, but this place was dark enough!
Sorry to hear you had to witness that JB...:( Sad for sure.

boats&bars
08-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Thats sad, focking easy ups

Riverat84
08-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Damn that sucks, from my hood too.
yeah just like budski said...BLOCKS from our home hoods...this sucks man! so unfortunate and unnessecary...
reid

JB in so cal
08-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear you had to witness that JB...:( Sad for sure.
We just heard about it from the park staff and others that were staying nearby. My place is up on a bluff about 1/4 mile from the water. With the A/C compressor running and a few cocktails in me, I didn't hear anything.
Tragedy can strike in an instant.

EAZYKILLER2006
08-10-2007, 09:26 AM
sad story
thanks for sharing
we will be a bit more careful
havi waters have been taking a few latley
or so it seems
let's all be safe