PDA

View Full Version : Poker-run experience. 32 DCB

neverfastenuff
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey there I attended a poker run yesterday in my 30 daytona and am looking at having a 32 DCB this fall built. How much better will the 32 Dcb handle the rough boat chop created by all the boats in the run?? I've heard the 32 dcb handles like a bigger boat and I really hope it handles way better in the chop then my 30 did. I was suprised at how the bigger cats cut threw the wash of boat wakes. i was bouncing hard and had to slow way down where there was a 36 nortech and a 32 skater that cooked threw it np. I was in a 36 daytona coupe the other day and it is so solid in that type of water it's unbelievable but to restricted for generally hanging out. How does the 32dcb feel compared to the 36's?? any feed back from members would be most apprecaited. Also i saw the thread on the canopy question and imo the wrap around windshield like the MTI and nortech is the future in boats capable of sustained 130+mph. The pioneers who introed the 1/4 canopies will be left in the dust if they don't adapt....mti and nortech are too restricted in the cockpit for lake lounging so the current west coast open design with a wrap around would and will be the ticket.:idea: :idea: :idea:

hasselhoff
08-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I have been extremely pleased with my 32 in the rough stuff. I usually run at mead and it can kick up pretty good in the afternoon. The boat has always been rock solid on any of the lakes on the river. Definetly rides bigger than it is. Never in salt so I can't give you any feedback on open water. Couldn't be any happier with the boat.
Also, get the mill spec canopies. Mine are crystal clear.

neverfastenuff
08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
ok tyvm i'll makesure on the canopies. what power are you running?

Cattitude1
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
It's hard to imagine much improvement
small gain from a bit more weight
small gain from packing a bit more air (only relative at 60+?)
Each have a shallower centerpod tunnel compared to the non pod designs
All that said, I was at Grand lake running around Saturday (watched the poker run) and i was really pleased with how it (my Daytona30) cruised over the top at 65-70, I did have to drop into the 40's sometimes for large cruiser wakes amongst the slop, did ok, better than expected.... it's all relative

hasselhoff
08-13-2007, 03:45 PM
625 ilmors/IMCO drives.

Charley
08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
The difference between my 29 and my 32 is very apparent...29 is more like a hotrod, 32 is a rough water caddy...just my .02

Havasu Hangin'
08-14-2007, 05:37 AM
The difference between my 29 and my 32 is very apparent...29 is more like a hotrod, 32 is a rough water caddy...just my .02
Have you ever done a poker run in your 32?
:idea:

UnionJack
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
My DCB F32 is a good time, if you get one you will enjoy it, but I am sure whatever you get will be fun

andy01
08-14-2007, 07:47 AM
The boats your talking about are all very different. Go for a ride in a 32' DCB in rough water, then go for a ride in a 36' Nortech in the same water. Night and day, now tow that 32' DCB to the gas station, then the Nortech. One is a heck of a lot bigger to tow around town, beach and put on the trailer. If you can handle the Nortech or like on a trailer you won't even look back at the 32'. Nothing rides like a true tunnel in rough water. If it did Skater would have a center pod......
Andy

OnlyMoney
08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
625 ilmors/IMCO drives.
The dongfish? :idea: :D
I can tell you from experience that hasselhoff's 32 is quite the cadillac ride on Mead. :)

drejustice
08-14-2007, 09:10 AM
I wanted to piggy back on this thread for some of you more experience tunnel guys.
I rode in a Poker Run back here on the east coats this past year in a friends boat. They all kept saying I should have brought my 26 shadow deck. I wasn't worried about the wake sizes if was hitting them perpendicular but more on the first mile or so of 75 v-bottom side wakes. Any suggestions on how to handle the side wake washing machine of the large group start other than get a bigger engine and get out front and stay there??? Note size of boats ranged from 25 ft baja up to 42+ sonic's and cigarettes.

neverfastenuff
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
kool I understand the whole true tunnel bigger boat concept when you jump up to the nortech. But Im looking at the 32 dcb in comparison to my 30 daytona, which call me crazy, but I didnt like slowing down below 80mph in the boat chop. and I do know a 33 daytona well only 3 feet longer then the 30 daytona will smoke it in the chop and is a way bigger boat. So with the dcb 32 I want to make sure for the huge up swing in cost that it will out perform my 30 substaintaily. So i'm looking for feed back related to these 2 boats as I like lounging and the skaters etc are not really as user friendly for just chilling on. I want to put fairly big power in the next boat so travelling over a 100mph in the chop safely is what I'm after.:D :D :D

neverfastenuff
08-14-2007, 10:35 AM
drejustice. Thats what i'm talking about as well....my 30 cat in regards to side wakes becomes unpredictable at speed unless the tunnels are really deep. So i'm looking for a more sold ride in those conditions.:idea: :idea:

Boatlesss
08-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Being that you've owned both. Give us a comparison. They seem the be evenly matched for speed for hp according to the magazine readings.
Do they accelerate the same? Get on plane the same, etc.?

OnlyMoney
08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
kool I understand the whole true tunnel bigger boat concept when you jump up to the nortech. But Im looking at the 32 dcb in comparison to my 30 daytona, which call me crazy, but I didnt like slowing down below 80mph in the boat chop. and I do know a 33 daytona well only 3 feet longer then the 30 daytona will smoke it in the chop and is a way bigger boat. So with the dcb 32 I want to make sure for the huge up swing in cost that it will out perform my 30 substaintaily. So i'm looking for feed back related to these 2 boats as I like lounging and the skaters etc are not really as user friendly for just chilling on. I want to put fairly big power in the next boat so travelling over a 100mph in the chop safely is what I'm after.:D :D :D
You can say that again. :mad: :)

neverfastenuff
08-14-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL :D :D :D what boat do you run??

OnlyMoney
08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
LOL :D :D :D what boat do you run??
That would be the boat in the avatar Bob. :)

dicudmore
08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
32 ride better than the 30 Daytona? Probably...substantially? I would think not...how much bigger is the tunnel of an F-32 vs your 30'?

neverfastenuff
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Im not too sure what the difference in the tunnel is. All ive heard is the 32 dcb rides like a much bigger boat. Whatever that means inregards to a comparison I don't know.

neverfastenuff
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
That would be the boat in the avatar Bob. :)
Gotcha! and what is it? sorry for my ignorance but I can't tell by the avatar

dicudmore
08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Gotcha! and what is it? sorry for my ignorance but I can't tell by the avatar
32 Skater

40FlatDeck
08-14-2007, 03:52 PM
That would be a 32 flat deck Skater. We can kick back just fine on my 40 and there is actually alot of storage in the sponsons. No sleeper with built in coolers and stuff but thats why I have friends.:D

JryLineman
08-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Check insurance first, Skater will run you double, and thats if your approved!

hasselhoff
08-14-2007, 07:34 PM
If your looking for a boat that can comfortably cruise at 100++ through most any conditions and rip off higher speed burst but still have room for gear, coolers, and friends the F32 is perfect. The mixture of high performance and functionality is really hard to beat.
Anyone selling one of these?????????

andy01
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Anyone selling one of these?????????
I know of two none abused very low hour like new 32's that are for sale. Let me know who needs one. :D

Charley
08-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Have you ever done a poker run in your 32?
have you ever passed the 70mph mark? how does your question debate my post? read it you big dumb lug
Being that you've owned both. Give us a comparison. They seem the be evenly matched for speed for hp according to the magazine readings.
Do they accelerate the same? Get on plane the same, etc.?
29 accelerates harder, 32 planes faster and flatter... the 32 eats the rough stuff quite a bit better, 29 turns slightly better at low speeds, 32 turns slightly better at high speeds and finally........ the 29 and the 32 are both superior boats to Cigs ... especailly the 35' cafe "Racers" ... now there is a contradiction in terms "RACERS"... last boat that heavy to enter a race was the monitor vs the merrimac :eek: :eek:

Havasu Hangin'
08-15-2007, 03:59 AM
how does your question debate my post? read it you big dumb lug
Charley, Charley, Charely...so much anger! :jawdrop:
Since the title of the thread is "Poker Run experience"...I was just wondering if you had actually put that "Team Orange Julius" boat in an actual poker run (and not the special olympic-sized one at the DCB regatta).
http://www.orangejulius.com/IDQNet/images/ojcom/en/loc_logo_banner.gif
...the 32 eats the rough stuff quite a bit better...
Rough water? You mean the rough water you encounter idling from the Marina to the Channel?
:jawdrop:

Jordy
08-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Charley, Charley, Charely...so much anger! :jawdrop:
Since the title of the thread is "Poker Run experience"...I was just wondering if you had actually put that "Team Orange Julius" boat in an actually poker run (and not the special olympic-sized one at the DCB regatta).
Does the DCB RACING run from Windsor to the designated Orange Boat Regatta area in the Channel count??? I heard that Mygurl is the designated pace boat. :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Does the DCB RACING run from Windsor to the designated Orange Boat Regatta area in the Channel count??? I heard that Mygurl is the designated pace boat. :D :D :D
DCB = Dave's Cal-Trans Boats? :jawdrop:
Jordy- stop hating! "DCB Racing" has probably won more channel-parking events than all other manufacturers combined!
:D

Jordy
08-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Jordy- stop hating! "DCB Racing" has probably won more channel-parking events than all other manufacturers combined!
Brought to you by the Home Depot and the color orange. :D :D :D

Boatlesss
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
29 accelerates harder, 32 planes faster and flatter... the 32 eats the rough stuff quite a bit better, 29 turns slightly better at low speeds, 32 turns slightly better at high speeds and finally........
Is there a big jump in price between the two boats? (And trailers too)

neverfastenuff
08-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow look how this thread goes a little off!!! Being the oringinal person with the thread maybe I should change it to "whats the best poker run boat vee or cat?" or both all depending on size? My question/inquiery is, because when cutting a cheque for one of these bad boys shouldnt be a decision taken lightly (unless you reall have too much doe:D :D ) I unfortunately don't have any experience with a DCB or really anything other then Daytonas and some big vee's. And I do know theres a way bigger difference between a 30 and 33 daytona then between a 33 and 36 daytona. So why is there such a spread it seems between a 29-30ft boat and a 33? Is it just that the 3ft makes that big a difference or?? and with the DCB 32 I'm looking at and with the comments of it handling like a quote "much bigger boat"how does it relate, especially with big power ie twin 900++ motors & I do know Dave is building them lighter now and will that benefit rough water handling or hinder it?? Has anyone owned/ been in a new daytona 33 and a 32 Dcb?? and whats your opnion?? or should I just goto a full bigger tunnel:idea: :idea: I'm on a big lake which at times the 30 can't handle but the 36 blows threw with easy so I'm concerned the 32 may still have issues, but maybe not with the comment as I said of feeling like a much bigger boat......:confused: :confused:

seanv
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
drejustice. Thats what i'm talking about as well....my 30 cat in regards to side wakes becomes unpredictable at speed unless the tunnels are really deep. So i'm looking for a more sold ride in those conditions.:idea: :idea:
ok, i had a daytona and, it was an incredible boat in smooth and rough water. but, i ended up goin to a 31ao which is a true cat. day and night difference. i do miss the quality of a daytona over the ao but the ride and cabin are awesome on the ao.
as for how deep the hull is in the rough...well, there is a point in any hull where you have to slow down and be safe about it. ive run over 100 in the evening 3-4 footers no problem. that was with nobody around. myself, i would wrather repower your 30 and be ahead of the game. the 30 daytona has proven itself over n over.
as for canopies, i would wrather have them than nothing. i have flaps and a molded windshield but, at 110-120 it's some harsh windblast.
good luck in your decision and to be honest... either boat is awesome so you shouldnt be dissapointed.

neverfastenuff
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Food for thought ty! I guess i need to go for a ride in a true tunnel. For the price of a dcb Ive seen a few nice nortechs and skators used on the net...I shouldve never went on that poker run and seen them run in the rough!:eek: :eek: :eek: my 30 is faster in good water but they rocked. I'd still like more feed back to my last post from other members to get their .02 please!!:idea: :idea: :idea:

shippingguy
08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Food for thought ty! I guess i need to go for a ride in a true tunnel. For the price of a dcb Ive seen a few nice nortechs and skators used on the net...I shouldve never went on that poker run and seen them run in the rough!:eek: :eek: :eek: my 30 is faster in good water but they rocked. I'd still like more feed back to my last post from other members to get their .02 please!!:idea: :idea: :idea:
You may want to take a look at the Ultra Custom Boats Section or PM (ULTRA28) that is John West owner of Ultra. They are tooling up their new 32 and it is a true tunnel with a 10' beam and four step bottom and it will havea one piece wraparound canopy. They are taking orders now. First one should be ready for the LA Show in February.
Mike

dicudmore
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
here's a rough water ride for ya :D
36' Spectre Merc 900SC's (zero hours since rebuild/freshen) #6 drives
about half the price of a new boat...I bet 190K would buy it...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/9/88830779.htm

USCFAN
08-15-2007, 12:55 PM
here's a rough water ride for ya :D
36' Spectre Merc 900SC's (zero hours since rebuild/freshen) #6 drives
about half the price of a new boat...I bet 190K would buy it...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/9/88830779.htm
Nice boat, but that interior is a little different...

Goodtime$
08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
From a 30 Daytona- Why not go with the 36 daytona?
If your looking 32s? the new ultra or the 32 Spectre would be top choice.
Spectres run hard, no cabin.

andy01
08-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Nice boat, but that interior is a little different...
So is the owner............... :eek: :)

Charley
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Rough water? You mean the rough water you encounter idling from the Marina to the Channel?
at least I launch:eek:
Brought to you by the Home Depot and the color orange. :D :D :D
Jordy, Dont Mock what you cant afford.... Someone has to own the old shitboxes when people wanna upgrade, In fact I wouldn't doubt that the original owner of your boat upgraded into a DCB or an Eliminator (I know that was low):D :D
Is there a big jump in price between the two boats? (And trailers too)
Dont quote me but I think it's 30k difference.... contact Bryan @ DCB 619-442-0300 he will be happy to get you the proper answers
I guess i need to go for a ride in a true tunnel. For the price of a dcb Ive seen a few nice nortechs and skators used on the net..
That is the best suggestion yet.... ride in all of em you will know for sure then which is the right boat for you.

Jordy
08-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Jordy, Dont Mock what you cant afford.... Someone has to own the old shitboxes when people wanna upgrade, In fact I wouldn't doubt that the original owner of your boat upgraded into a DCB or an Eliminator (I know that was low):D :D
Damn, it's kind of ironic that you'd bring Eliminator into a DaveCopiedBob thread, but wow!!! :D :D :D
As far as my boats original owner, he wasn't much of a fan of cats with training wheels, so he upgraded to a 42' MTI, and he even took it out in the ocean. :D :D :D

Charley
08-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh btw Rumour has it this lil gem may be up for sale later this year :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/jens_digital_145.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/jens_digital_123.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3832heli.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38f32_2.jpg

Jordy
08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh btw Rumour has it this lil gem may be up for sale later this year :eek: :eek: :eek:
Funny, I heard the same thing earlier today. :idea: :D
You're not going back to a low freeboard boat so you can see over the dash now are ya Mr. Big??? :D :D :D

iRepo
08-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Not a single DCB has entered the Scope Poker run according to a list published on 8/9/2007.
http://www.scopeinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

andy01
08-15-2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/jens_digital_145.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/jens_digital_123.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3832heli.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38f32_2.jpg
If I were you I would get it on the market soon, three more will be hitting the market in another month. With the first 32' (from the LA Show) coming on the market today at 280K it isn't going to help resale. Your boat is very nice, as is the case with most 32's.
Also as Charley stated above, best thing to do is call Brian @ DCB and drive/ride in all of the boats.
Andy

Charley
08-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Not a single DCB has entered the Scope Poker run according to a list published on 8/9/2007.
http://www.scopeinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3
what is your point?

CornWater
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
..As far as my boats original owner, he wasn't much of a fan of cats with training wheels, so he upgraded to a 42' MTI, and he even took it out in the ocean. :D :D :D
Hear thats still for sale too, unless it sold. Follow tradition and nab that up as well...:eek:

Charley
08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
If I were you I would get it on the market soon, three more will be hitting the market in another month. With the first 32' (from the LA Show) coming on the market today at 280K it isn't going to help resale. Your boat is very nice, as is the case with most 32's.
Also as Charley stated above, best thing to do is call Brian @ DCB and drive/ride in all of the boats.
Andy
Thanks Andy, I hope all is well with you

iRepo
08-15-2007, 08:10 PM
what is your point?
I would like to see some DCB's out there. I have heard good things about them and thought maybe if there were any DCB people out there they would use the opportunity to represent.

Jordy
08-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Hear thats still for sale too, unless it sold. Follow tradition and nab that up as well...:eek:
It's still listed on OSO. That boat is bad ass, but it's just HUGE!!! I couldn't get it in my backyard. :(
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/2002_mti_42_039_1000hp_6_drives_reduced-o11873-en.html

CornWater
08-15-2007, 09:01 PM
It's still listed on OSO. That boat is bad ass, but it's just HUGE!!! I couldn't get it in my backyard. :(
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/2002_mti_42_039_1000hp_6_drives_reduced-o11873-en.html
Backyard, schmakyard.... dry dock that focker across from Woody's and call it a day...

Havasu Hangin'
08-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I would like to see some DCB's out there. I have heard good things about them and thought maybe if there were any DCB people out there they would use the opportunity to represent.
Aint gonna happen. It's common knowledge that slugs don't like salt.

Charley
08-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Aint gonna happen. It's common knowledge that slugs don't like salt.
Only because you own a FORD i'd like to state that Yer Cafe Racer couldn't even go this fast on a trailer going downhill much less in the ocean... well if it got unhitched from your Ford and it was a really steep hill it might, but that seems unlikely :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38f32_3.jpg

Jordy
08-17-2007, 03:48 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38f32_3.jpg
Wow, looks like a pretty flat day out on ol' Lake Pacific... :idea: :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Only because you own a FORD i'd like to state that Yer Cafe Racer couldn't even go this fast on a trailer going downhill much less in the ocean... well if it got unhitched from your Ford and it was a really steep hill it might, but that seems unlikely :D :D
Charley, Charley, Charley...so much anger and bitterness (probably from owning a DCB). :jawdrop:
First of all I don't own a Ford, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. :confused: Please don't get me mixed up with your live-in male companion.
Secondly, since your boat "loves the rough stuff" and is so much faster than mine, I am very afraid. In fact, I am so afraid, that I'm gonna let you race me to Catalina, where your very fast ("frog in a blender") boat can show it's superior rough-water handling capabilities.
You just name the Saturday afternoon. Granted, it will probably be tough to work the sticks with my hands trembling in fear at the sight of a DCB next to me (for a few hundred yards), but I'm sure I'll find a way to manage.

Jordy
08-17-2007, 04:30 AM
Granted, it will probably be tough to work the sticks with my hands trembling in fear at the sight of a DCB next to me (for a few hundred yards), but I'm sure I'll find a way to manage.
C'mon now, be fair here Jeff. From the launch ramp at Newport Dunes out to open water is much more than a few hundred yards. :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 05:40 AM
C'mon now, be fair here Jeff. From the launch ramp at Newport Dunes out to open water is much more than a few hundred yards. :D :D :D
Well, that is really the part that scares me. With all the "hey- look at me!" channel trips Team DCB Racing has, he will obviously have more idling experience than I do.
:supp:

Dave C
08-17-2007, 07:47 AM
LMAO.....
BTW do they even get "rough" water in Havasu? :confused: ..... I know it gets choppy but rough???...... ;)
Secondly, since your boat "loves the rough stuff" and is so much faster than mine, I am very afraid. In fact, I am so afraid, that I'm gonna let you race me to Catalina, where your very fast ("frog in a blender") boat can show it's superior rough-water handling capabilities.
You just name the Saturday afternoon. Granted, it will probably be tough to work the sticks with my hands trembling in fear at the sight of a DCB next to me (for a few hundred yards), but I'm sure I'll find a way to manage.

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 07:59 AM
LMAO.....
BTW do they even get "rough" water in Havasu? :confused: ..... I know it gets choppy but rough???...... ;)
If that's true...then that would mean that Charley has never been in a poker run...or any rough water in his 32'. :idea:
Oh the horror!

Charley
08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Charley, Charley, Charley...so much anger and bitterness (probably from owning a DCB). :jawdrop:
First of all I don't own a Ford, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. :confused: Please don't get me mixed up with your live-in male companion.
What Poker Run starts in the afternoon??? none so lets make it a saturday morning and since I am currently not that interested in putting my boat in the salt lets make a very fat wager on the first one to Avalon

Charley
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
LMAO.....
Anytime you wanna run that shitbox of yours for money you let me know :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
What Poker Run starts in the afternoon??? none so lets make it a saturday morning and since I am currently not that interested in putting my boat in the salt lets make a very fat wager on the first one to Avalon
Glassy water is not "rough stuff". Let's see what that DCB does against the old, slow, HH Tugboat in some 2-4'ers with whitecaps.
I say loser picks up the next round of golf?

Charley
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
If that's true...then that would mean that Charley has never been in a poker run...or any rough water in his 32'. :idea:
Oh the horror!
It's no real secret that after the big cat poker run experience last Year in Disco Bay that I made a deal with my wife of no more poker Runs..... I am still on board with not breaking that deal.... if you have a problem with that then it's just that, your problem. :coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
It's no real secret that after the big cat poker run experience last Year in Disco Bay that I made a deal with my wife of no more poker Runs..... I am still on board with not breaking that deal.... if you have a problem with that then it's just that, your problem. :coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup
Charley...Charley...Charley...so much anger! I was merely commenting on the thread title "Poker Run Experience"... :idea:
As for running in the ocean, I am totally looking forward to it. Keep in mind that Jimmy's 155MPH DCB couldn't run 50MPH at 10AM when it was glassy...lol.

Charley
08-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Glassy water is not "rough stuff". Let's see what that DCB does against the old, slow, HH Tugboat in some 2-4'ers with whitecaps.
I say loser picks up the next round of golf?
Round of Golf??? On pebble beach maybe, including a 3 night stay in some fancy 5 star hotel.... oh and a $300 bar tab to cover some of the $12 Lemon Drops my wife and i will be having... Oh and my wife will need some clubs and some lessons..... Sorry big man I ain't dragging my boat 600 miles round trip with no place to store it then dropping $900 on gas, flush and a detail just so I can have a round at Meadowlark :D .... I would like to Golf with ya soon though :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Round of Golf??? On pebble beach maybe, including a 3 night stay in some fancy 5 star hotel.... oh and a $300 bar tab to cover some of the $12 Lemon Drops my wife and i will be having... Oh and my wife will need some clubs and some lessons..... Sorry big man I ain't dragging my boat 600 miles round trip with no place to store it then dropping $900 on gas, flush and a detail just so I can have a round at Meadowlark :D .... I would like to Golf with ya soon though :D
You want to compare costs of hauling our boats around? You'll lose on that one, too...lol.
Who paid for your golf on your birthday? I don't remember you getting me anything?
:notam:

Charley
08-17-2007, 09:16 AM
You want to compare costs of hauling our boats around? You'll lose on that one, too...lol.
Who paid for your golf on your birthday? I don't remember you getting me anything?
:notam:
excellent point ..... now this may sound funny, and I want you to trust me on this one......
How do you feel about lesbians?

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
How do you feel about lesbians?
Vey carefully? :confused:

Dave C
08-20-2007, 10:37 AM
LOL how much of a head start do I get.... ;)
too funny
wait, better not, I don't have any "poker run experience," EITHER....
Anytime you wanna run that shitbox of yours for money you let me know :D

Crowncat
08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
At the Lake Cumberland Poker Run, Extreme Marines Promo Boat with twin Ilmors put on a show. It looked like it handled the rough very well. All the big east coast cats were players and with mild power, the 32 was running in 4th. place. It did look like it was moving around more than the 40 footers, but it was upfront with a full load of passengers. The lake was very rough. By the way my F-34 is rock solid in the rough, just not fast enough with the 575's to keep up. Extreme Marine walked the walk to back up the talk.

neverfastenuff
08-23-2007, 02:51 PM
yes I imagine your f-34 would handle it np. Thats a deep boat. I am going to stick to westcoast builders so I'm going to decide between the DCB 32 and the 33 Daytona (as I really like the styling) I do know the 33 daytona is way bigger all the way around then the 30 I have & it will handle a lot bigger water, it runs "wet" compared to the 30 Daytona. My only concern with the 33 is the 36 Daytona is faster!! (but I don't need to be in a poker run with water bigger then a 32/33 ft boat can handle!!) which makes me wonder whats up with the design/efficiencey of the 33:idea: :idea: anyways thats why I want to hopefully go dwn to socal soon and ride in both boats (32&33) how does the dcb compare in size to the 33 daytona?

Charley
08-23-2007, 03:46 PM
yes I imagine your f-34 would handle it np. Thats a deep boat. I am going to stick to westcoast builders so I'm going to decide between the DCB 32 and the 33 Daytona (as I really like the styling) I do know the 33 daytona is way bigger all the way around then the 30 I have & it will handle a lot bigger water, it runs "wet" compared to the 30 Daytona. My only concern with the 33 is the 36 Daytona is faster!! (but I don't need to be in a poker run with water bigger then a 32/33 ft boat can handle!!) which makes me wonder whats up with the design/efficiencey of the 33:idea: :idea: anyways thats why I want to hopefully go dwn to socal soon and ride in both boats (32&33) how does the dcb compare in size to the 33 daytona?
You should drive them all with like power...that is my suggestion....if are gonna be out in the needles area on the afternoon of 8/31 I can give you a quick spin in "sick and wrong" ... let me know:devil:

Dave C
08-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I think the 33 is a slightly older design and they put in some upgrades to the bottom recently. Ask the factory this question when you go there.
The 32 DCB is a new hull, therefore new design.
When Charley puts down his cheerleader uniform he has some good advice. ;) Do take them both for a ride. Therefore YOU can decide.
There are so many variables that can affect performance it almost impossible to tell which one is faster. Props, drives, motors, X-dimensions, etc.
Opinions are like asswholes. Besides if you are going to spend that kind of $$ I am sure both factories should arrange a test ride so you can make an informed choice.

Charley
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I think the 33 is a slightly older design and they put in some upgrades to the bottom recently. Ask the factory this question when you go there.
The 32 DCB is a new hull, therefore new design.
When Charley puts down his cheerleader uniform he has some good advice. ;) Do take them both for a ride. Therefore YOU can decide.
There are so many variables that can affect performance it almost impossible to tell which one is faster. Props, drives, motors, X-dimensions, etc.
Opinions are like asswholes. Besides if you are going to spend that kind of $$ I am sure both factories should arrange a test ride so you can make an informed choice.
Although Rare, it's nice to see an Eliminator guy thinking logically :eek: :eek: :D :D

Boatmaster
08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Dave C is smarter than he sounds. After all he is always smart enough not to size up with whackers on the Banana Boat!!!:D

Charley
08-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Dave C is smarter than he sounds. After all he is always smart enough not to size up with whackers on the Banana Boat!!!:D
Banana Boar!! haha .... Sometimes i miss Whackers...I'd own Anthony's boat!!:D :D

Dave C
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
I wasn't born yesterday ;)
Come on now. U guys picking on my ol slow 496 is like kicking the dog... ain't nobody gonna respect you for that....:D :devil:

Dave C
08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
see thats the problem with wackas guys... the smokes gone to their head and messed everything up..... ;) :) J/K <---(for u senstive guys)
I would take the HEMI DCB (i.e. washed ashore) over the wackas anyday. Now that thing is bad ass!!! :D
wackas ain't my style.
Banana Boar!! haha .... Sometimes i miss Whackers...I'd own Anthony's boat!!:D :D
all kidding aside. its seems our "life" has now gotten in the way of wasting money on boats :( :( Looks like we are relegated to bringing up the rear for now.