PDA

View Full Version : WannabeRacing Long Beach Pics

WannabeRacing
08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Finally got some of my pitures up on a site. I will get a few more, and when the 44 driver is out of the hospital, I will post those as well.
Wannabe (http://www.wannaberacing.net/wpics.html)

RitcheyRch
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for posting the link.

waxer
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I was there with a few friends on both Sat. & Sunday... Great races, good crowds without even a mention from the local paper all week (Press Telegram) Absolutly amazing racing all weekend....

Beautiful Noise
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Great Pic's, Thanks for Posting:D

dmontzsta
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Great pics. Any shots of the P37 boat? :)

Roaddogg 4040
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks Buzz and Paul. Good job, again...
Steve

LeE ss13
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow! First class site.

MBlaster
08-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Great pics:D
What an awsome weekend. Can't wait till next year.

GofastRacer
08-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Great pics Buzz, thanks for posting!..:cool:

fc-pilot
08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Great pics. Any shots of the P37 boat? :)
I am sure if it touched the water on Saturday we have pics of it. Buzzz is planning on throwing on a few more pics as he has time. I will tell him to dig up the best shot and post it for you.
Paul

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
WOW!!!!! really great pics!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Buzz/Paul,
You guys make me want to give Dennis Rankin my camera right after he flips...:boxed: Beautiful photos!

Stab-n-Steer
08-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Wannabe,
Awesome pics! I hope you don't mind but I posted the link on the Cracker Forum. Any other Cracker Pics would be appreciated!!!
Thanks again.

dossangers
08-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Great shots from the you guys AS USUAL!!!

the real k-boat king
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Finally got some of my pitures up on a site. I will get a few more, and when the 44 driver is out of the hospital, I will post those as well.
Wannabe (http://www.wannaberacing.net/wpics.html)the pictures are great, but the comments you made are way off base and out of line, have you guys ever even raced a boat before, did you go and ask some of the people what there are doing with there set ups before you made these rude comments. at least all these people are racers and not wannabe racers like yourself.

WannabeRacing
08-14-2007, 08:48 AM
the comments you made are way off base and out of line, have you guys ever even raced a boat before, did you go and ask some of the people what there are doing with there set ups before you made these rude comments. at least all these people are racers and not wannabe racers like yourself.
Yeah, I tend to make lots of stupid comments. Just my style. I actually thought I was fairly respectful this time around. I guess once again, I don't meet the approval of the ones who really matter. But I usually slam the people that I know, and leave the ones I don't alone.
But what I am really trying to do is tally of how many times the great k-boat king will tell me publicly that I am full of crap. This is five. I can't race a boat. If I do, and actually finish four laps, then I may not hit my final goal of 200 before I die. So, Almighty Deity of the aquifer, I will continue what I do, and you can continue what you do. But thanks for #5!
If there is a particular statement you would like removed, just post it here and I would be happy to take it out.

lilrick
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I tend to make lots of stupid comments. Just my style. I actually thought I was fairly respectful this time around. I guess once again, I don't meet the approval of the ones who really matter. But I usually slam the people that I know, and leave the ones I don't alone.
But what I am really trying to do is tally of how many times the great k-boat king will tell me publicly that I am full of crap. This is five. I can't race a boat. If I do, and actually finish four laps, then I may not hit my final goal of 200 before I die. So, Almighty Deity of the aquifer, I will continue what I do, and you can continue what you do. But thanks for #5!
If there is a particular statement you would like removed, just post it here and I would be happy to take it out.
Wow! You truly are a gentle giant. I have even more respect for you now for the way you handled this situation. I don't think I would have been as nice to this sawed-off loudmouth midget! What's really phucked is that he doesn't even quote the "offensive statement"..... I don't see any problem with your comments. Carry on you big sexy lovable beast! :D

WannabeRacing
08-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't get mad. It does not help anything or anyone.
Gordy and I have had this interesting relationship with his first public "You are full of crap" (He did not say crap, but this is a family board) over a half a decade ago. Every person is so different. And life is just managing these different personalities.
But if I did say something that offended that individual, I would be happy to change it.

dmontzsta
08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Wow! You truly are a gentle giant. I have even more respect for you now for the way you handled this situation. I don't think I would have been as nice to this sawed-off loudmouth midget! What's really phucked is that he doesn't even quote the "offensive statement"..... I don't see any problem with your comments. Carry on you big sexy lovable beast! :D
All you giant fags give a new meaning to "jolly green giant".
So gay... :rolleyes:

WannabeRacing
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
*note to self- stop looking for pictures of the 37 boat*:)

dmontzsta
08-14-2007, 09:09 AM
*note to self- stop looking for pictures of the 37 boat*:)
:D Did I say you were a fag? nooooo...not you, you are awesome! ;)

rocket98
08-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Buzz
Thanks for the pic's. Great shots

steve d
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Wannabe (http://www.wannaberacing.net/wpics.html)
Between you and JG, I may as well throw my camera away:D
Thanks for the time you spent..........great pics!!!

fc-pilot
08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Well Buzzz did not do too bad of a job this weekend. Who knows, the day may come that he won't upset gordy, but I am not holding my breath. I think he is waiting for gordy to ask the magic word before he makes many changes. :D
Paul

Roaddogg 4040
08-14-2007, 10:22 AM
What did we miss in the Rude Comments department? Pleas re post so the rest of us can see what we missed...:)
Steve

WannabeRacing
08-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Site updated with requested pictures.
It will continue to be updated in the next few days as I have time.
And I did not take anything offensive off. Did not change a thing. Just added some more pictures and more offensive stuff. Judge for yourself, but truth be known- I really want to get to 200!

fc-pilot
08-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Maybe you should stop doing this boating community a terrible disservice by posting your pictures up for free and start charging like some do. That way if people are not completely happy they don't have to pay to see it. Or better yet, save your time and effort and just don't post any of the pictures. That way everybody can be happy.:D
Paul

dmontzsta
08-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe you should stop doing this boating community a terrible disservice by posting your pictures up for free and start charging like some do. That way if people are not completely happy they don't have to pay to see it. Or better yet, save your time and effort and just don't post any of the pictures. That way everybody can be happy.:D
Paul
Your shirts rock, my son is still rolling his. :D

fc-pilot
08-14-2007, 03:56 PM
A big thanks goes out to all those that ran into us and didn't push us little guys over. Louis (flatmovin), Rick and his crew (Lilrick), Bob and his family (Hallett), Dave B, Dave Rankin, Big Ed and Bob, Tony and his wife (jetboatguru), Ray (Moneypit, thanks for not strangling me), Art and his wife (Gofastracer, it was great just hanging out as always), Bill Faulkner as well as the whole family, Bubba and Ty Newton, Ron Hill and I am sure there are many more that are not coming to mind right now. It was great seeing and meeting some of you for the first time. I just hope I get to meet more of you at the next race I can catch.
Paul Miller

Moneypitt
08-14-2007, 06:16 PM
If you mention it was a "short" trip to the races, or you're only staying a "short" time, or this is a "short" example of the pics, or a "SHORT" anything, Gordy has an attitude.........Don't let it bother you in the "shorts" though....Were you there when I pulled the o rings?.........Magic, pure magic...a "short" trip to the Rankin trailer....And another one to get the slings to weigh the 89,...(or be DQ'd)..... Thanks Gordy............Ray

VDRIVERACING
08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the pics. I thought your comments were entertaining!
This is the best of times!

fc-pilot
08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Ray, no worries over here. It just so happens that our (Buzzz and my) desks are only a few feet away, so of course we have to talk to each other over the internet. :messedup: Buzzz and I have been laughing about it all day. You would have gotten a kick out of the time he came up to us and started talking crap a few years back. (I have reason to believe he had some pharmaceutical courage built up to help him). We will forever laugh about that one. I missed the o-ring deal, you will have to fill me in later on what all happened there.
VDRIVERACING, No problem with the pictures as it is our pleasure. It is a hobby of ours and when we are not behind the wheel we also do it for the group we run with.
Paul

CircleJerk
08-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Love the pictures, hugs all around! Well, some of you anyway! Thanks for your time and sharing! jErK

fc-pilot
08-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Love the pictures, hugs all around! Well, some of you anyway! Thanks for your time and sharing! jErK
Anything for a jErk.
Paul

CircleJerk
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
the pictures are great, but the comments you made are way off base and out of line, have you guys ever even raced a boat before, did you go and ask some of the people what there are doing with there set ups before you made these rude comments. at least all these people are racers and not wannabe racers like yourself.
Mr. Real King with all due respect let me interject:
I, am a 'jerk', either self proclaimed or a ligitimate genuine article. No misrepresentation here. If I could take pictures and post them, you would probably call my comments rude also. It's simple, both of us are big fans (OF YOU AND RACING) but still learning, why LEAN on your loyal subjects? Mr. King.
'Wannabe' has not hit the course as yet so hense his name. I have never heard him brag about a thing, he just has a sincere desire to help with advise and contribute interesting stuff to this site. Which is a heck of a lot more welcome here than all the fag comments and slamming that goes on with regularity.
In conclusion, Mr King, I think your comments could also be considered rude when directed to one of circle racings biggest fan (Wannabe) who traveled quite a ways to LB, as well as a fan of yours! You are probably a great guy in person, but often here, you could steal my title in a heartbeat!
JeRkiZoid

MAXIMUS
08-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Mr. Real King with all due respect let me interject:
I, am a 'jerk', either self proclaimed or a ligitimate genuine article. No misrepresentation here.
Which is a heck of a lot more welcome here than all the fag comments and slamming that goes on with regularity.
JeRkiZoid
You know Boyd I might just take offense to this??? What exactly are you trying to say here about the gay community???:notam:

Jetboatguru
08-15-2007, 07:20 AM
"I gotta be honest here. I have seen the 550 look a whole lot better.
In the morning test and the first pro stock event, it sounded great but really not going anywhere fast.
Could have just been a prop deal, not really sure, but sure seemed weird."
"Although the 70 boat only put it to the wood on one straight all day, it won that heat with ease.
But c-mon guys, lets put some gear to the thing. Standard headed BBCs don't like mid 8000 rpms"
I think these are the two comments that have Gorgy somewhat peaved. I'm just guessing but he may take offense to being told to throw some gear in the 70 when he is the engine builder and bro in law of the crew chief.
As for the comments on the 550 boat, in light of the recent tragic events involved with the team, Making the boat "right" or in top race condition hasn't been much of a priority.
I don't feel any of it was intended or malicious but we know how passionate our King can be.:D Great pics as usual.

WannabeRacing
08-15-2007, 07:35 AM
About the 70 first. I was standing talking with Bill Faulkner during the heat with the 70 running the one straight full out. I listened to his conversation with Ty while he hit the end of the first straight. We spoke about it at length. Then went back to the pits and I watched them make Bubba change the gears out. I spoke with Bubba about the change, the rpm Ty said it hit in the straight, etc. Then the deal with the finals being run the next morning where the air would be even better, another change again possible. No, I did not speak with Gordy about the gear change, but I think I spoke with every other member of the team about it. Even Momma Faulkner. Thought I had decent authority.
About the 550. That one I was not aware of. I know of many 550s in different circle racing divisions. Seems to be a popular number. I was unaware that this was the 550 racing with heavy hearts. I do not know that family, nor anyone on the crew. I found out that this was them after the pictures were posted, and did not want to change anything at that point. I would be happy to change that portion of it. It was a simple observation. And I am sorry for their loss. Also sorry if that hurt their feelings.

funnycarmike
08-15-2007, 09:25 AM
"BITCHEN" photos, as usual! ! ! ! ! Thanks Buzz! . . . . . . .I don't personally know Gordy so I am not even going to comment! . . . . .But, you, my friend, handled his comments like a true "KING". Funny how I now have the the utmost respect for a "Wanabe" over a self proclaimed "King":jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Stab-n-Steer
08-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes, I agree... I don't know the history but you, Mr. Wannabe, handled yourself with grace and dignity... And you're right on about the back problems with the "Cracker Deal"! That's why I haven't been on the water in over a year...
S&S