PDA

View Full Version : screen names

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm just curious...am I the only one who thinks deathflightmedic is a terribly inappropriate name for a guy/gal who's business is the saving of lives?

squirt'nmyload
08-13-2007, 08:41 PM
yes
<------------ adult film star :D

Throttle
08-13-2007, 08:41 PM
got ur attention...

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
yes
<------------ adult film star :D
Huh?

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
got ur attention...
Okay. That wasn't the question, but okay.

vmjtc3
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
While I am sure he is great at his job and deserves to have a bit of cynicism due to his experiences in the ............. never mind. no is the answer. You are not the only one.

squirt'nmyload
08-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Huh?
yes you are the only one that thinks that :D

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
yes you are the only one that thinks that :D
Doubtful. The only to say it, possibly.

Miss Perfect
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm just curious...am I the only one who thinks deathflightmedic is a terribly inappropriate name for a guy/gal who's business is the saving of lives?
Give me a break! Who cares what his screen name is? My name is Miss perfect. Am I really perfect? Hellllllll no...I am so far from it.
If God forbid you had an accident on the river and you needed his help, would you turn him away because of his screen name? I think not.
Get over yourself!

squirt'nmyload
08-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Doubtful. The only to say it, possibly.
trust me, you would not be the only one to say it :)

Tom Brown
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
We, that being the ***boat forum membership, are not always the best arbiters of good taste. For this reason, I choose to cut him some slack, thank him for the work he does, and welcome him to the community.

YeLLowBoaT
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
would you just STFU, he just pissed you off do to his diffrent polical views.

Tom Brown
08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
...he just pissed you off do to his diffrent polical views.
Let's ask him if he would rush into a burning building to save someone if he knew there was no chance to save the person or make it out alive himself.

Squeezing Spectra
08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I have no problem with his SN name and would have one less family member right now if they were not out there doing what they do, so get over it and find something else to biotch about :yuk:

Nord
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Never judge a book by it's cover................
You should be old enough to know that one chief.........

Fire Angler
08-13-2007, 09:14 PM
It's a SN, who cares. Maybe he chose that name because if he wasn't there to help, it would be a death flight.
He does help saves lives, that is the important thing. :)

73kona455
08-13-2007, 09:19 PM
it maybe that without his helicopter ride alot of people wouldnt survive...maybe thats how the name evolved...
doesnt bother me... i admire the job he does...

Tom Brown
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
If he can tolerate my screen name, I can tolerate his.

Nord
08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
If he can tolerate my screen name, I can tolerate his.
How does one come up with Tom Brown.............:idea:

C-2
08-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I find the name in poor taste, and it has nothing to do with the fact he is a flight medic.
For the record, if I was a patient on an air ambulance flight – I would prefer being saved by somebody with 38DD’s in their screen name.:D
To each his own though ;)

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 09:33 PM
While I am sure he is great at his job and deserves to have a bit of cynicism due to his experiences in the ............. never mind. no is the answer. You are not the only one.
I respect very much any man or woman who chooses to go through all the school and training and such to help others in what often is a losing battle. Hell, riding in a chopper day in day out is dangerous by itself. I have great respect for anyone who would choose to take on such a job. Were I in this person's shoes I'm certain I'd be cynical as hell too. I just hope that if that was my situation I have the class to choose a less distasteful name.

Tom Brown
08-13-2007, 09:33 PM
How does one come up with Tom Brown.............:idea:
My first screen name was 'Satan Worshiper' but I wanted to change it to something that gave a stronger impression of darkness and evil.

HocusPocus
08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
in other words....
What matters is what something is, not what it is called.

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Let's ask him if he would rush into a burning building to save someone if he knew there was no chance to save the person or make it out alive himself.
If by "him" you mean me the answer is hell no. Who would? Seems like some have the impression that I've questioned the guy's (I shouldn't assume DFMedic is a guy) courage, or I'm downplaying his valued service. This is not the case. Not even close.

Nord
08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
in other words....
What matters is what something is, not what it is called.
That pretty much gay'd everything up around here.....:D :D
Good quote btw...

Baja Big Dog
08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
My first screen name was 'Satan Worshiper' but I wanted to change it to something that gave a stronger impression of darkness and evil.
Damn...I thought it was Satin...:D

Sleeper CP
08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Miller, if you are thinking what I think you are the answer is : yes. It is an inappropriate name. Just look what has taken place over the last week with Sara's family. DFM wants to communicate with them and tell them how sorry he is and they have to deal with his screen name starring at them.:idea: Not exactly the best bed side manor, don't you think. Otherwise I don't give a shit what he calls himself, but trust me DFM when you read this, think about the families that you want to communicate with and rather or not your Screen Name has a positve or negative effect on them. And particuarly those that have just lost a loved one. From the outside looking in your choice of screen names (play on words or not) seams rather callous. But like I said other that I really don't care. For the record I respect what you do, I don't want anyone bashing me for that.
Miller, I'm just guessing that was what you're thinking. Yes or no?
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover

EAZYKILLER2006
08-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Give me a break! Who cares what his screen name is? My name is Miss perfect. Am I really perfect? Hellllllll no...I am so far from it.
If God forbid you had an accident on the river and you needed his help, would you turn him away because of his screen name? I think not.
Get over yourself!
and hell my name is
eazy am i eazy? hell ya
i mean no, i am not a killer...

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Miller, if you are thinking what I think you are the answer is : yes. It is an inappropriate name. Just look what has taken place over the last week with Sara's family. DFM wants to communicate with them and tell them how sorry he is and they have to deal with his screen name starring at them.:idea: Not exactly the best bed side manor, don't you think. Otherwise I don't give a shit what he calls himself, but trust me DFM when you read this, think about the families that you want to communicate with and rather or not your Screen Name has a positve or negative effect on them. And particuarly those that have just lost a loved one. From the outside looking in your choice of screen names (play on words or not) seams rather callous. But like I said other that I really don't care.
Miller, I'm just guessing that was what you're thinking. Yes or no?
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover
Of course that's what I'm thinking. I don't know DFM, don't have beef with him or anyone else here. It just seems inconsiderate and kinda thoughtless that's all. He's not gonna get rich as a medic, so I have no doubt the Man is a caring individual interested in helping people. I honor that deeply.
On another note, the guy's sig line is priceless! His family will never go hungry, that's for sure.

'75 Miller
08-13-2007, 10:22 PM
His screen name reflects the fact that it's "HE" who is called when the situation is such that time is of the essisence-> life and/or death situation. If it wasn't so then an ambulence would have been summoned. Maybe the SC evolved because that's what he needs to keep his mind focused on what he's out their doing.
Personally I just think you're being chickensh*t over nothing to gain a lil attention for yourself. If it was you or yours that he came to assist, you wouldn't give a rat's ass if he called himself "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Just STFU and be grateful there are those willing to do the job.
Rio
Gain attention for myself? From who? A bunch of people I don't even know? Read my prior posts sir, before you imply that I don't respect or appreciate what these guys do. I know if the chopper's called in there's a damn good chance it's a life and death situation. Just seems strange to me that the man would choose to see the glass as half empty.
Gain attention for myself...that's priceless.

Devil's Advocate
08-13-2007, 10:25 PM
What's in a screen name? I don't advocate for the devil!
I'm a fricken angel.:rollside:

MADDOG355
08-14-2007, 04:53 AM
First responders in general have a pretty morbid sence of humor, Not all of them but alot do.
So much happens that is out of our hands, We all deal with it the best we can. Some wear experince like a badge, Wanting all to remember they have to deal with the results of other peoples actions. This is most common among the Paragods. What alot of people find inappropriate, They see as a public service.

Pheelin Phroggy
08-14-2007, 04:53 AM
WTF..... it's a god damn screen name.... appropriate or not, sensitive or not, derogatory or not, sexual or not, just plain stupid or not... its a god damn screen name. His profession, his choice, leave it alone! and YES, i am feeling a little froggy right now! hahaha

ahhell
08-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Ah hell, its just a name
thats the nick name alot of use at the hospital I work, and usually if youre on that flight....well:(

Jbb
08-14-2007, 05:30 AM
WTF..... it's a god damn screen name.... appropriate or not, sensitive or not, derogatory or not, sexual or not, just plain stupid or not... its a god damn screen name. His profession, his choice, leave it alone! and YES, i am feeling a little froggy right now! hahaha
I think perhaps the thread starter felt that it was a little insensitive... ...considering the fact that the little girls family was an active part of that thread...might seem chicken shit to some of you.....but if I was the little girls father ...and was reading a thread designed to somewhat give me comfort ...in the face of the worst kind of tragedy...I wouldnt appreciate it at all...
under other circumstances its doubtful anyone would think twice
then again...its just the internet...who cares....

Sleeper CP
08-14-2007, 07:12 AM
I think perhaps the thread starter felt that it was a little insensitive... ...considering the fact that the little girls family was an active part of that thread...might seem chicken shit to some of you.....but if I was the little girls father ...and was reading a thread designed to somewhat give me comfort ...in the face of the worst kind of tragedy...I wouldnt appreciate it at all...
Exactly.... if they couldn't pick that up from my post maybe they'll get it from yours. Or then again they may be more obtuse than I think. Just my .02
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ HP safely used since 1992:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Would you like some french cries with your wah-burger? :D
Its just a screen name. Get over it.

River Lynchmob
08-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I can't believe this thread got this much attention. last time I checked he can call himself what ever he wants...if it offends someone deal with it or excuse yourself not need to bash or question why, where or how he came up with his name...get over yourself.

Jbb
08-14-2007, 08:01 AM
I can't believe this thread got this much attention. last time I checked he can call himself what ever he wants...if it offends someone deal with it or excuse yourself not need to bash or question why, where or how he came up with his name...get over yourself.
No one is to question anything....ever.....River Lynchmob sez so....:D

HavaSkank
08-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Wait, I dont get it. I use my birth name on here.
My mother, Ima Skank, named me after her favorite Hebrew folk song (Hava Nagila)

riverbound
08-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I think your name is inapropriate :mad:

catman-do
08-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Let the man have any name he wants. For the chopper to be called out, you need to be pretty close to death, so i think its an appropriate name. It seems like you are like the rest of America and too damn sensitive. Things happen, death happens, idiots happen... whether its senseless or not, its going to happen and someone needs to be there to remind us that it happens instead of covering it up and making things seems dandy. If you just lost your house in a fire and I came on with a screen name of "fireman" would you be upset?

Sleek-Jet
08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Who cares...

Jbb
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Let the man have any name he wants. For the chopper to be called out, you need to be pretty close to death, so i think its an appropriate name. It seems like you are like the rest of America and too damn sensitive. Things happen, death happens, idiots happen... whether its senseless or not, its going to happen and someone needs to be there to remind us that it happens instead of covering it up and making things seems dandy. If you just lost your house in a fire and I came on with a screen name of "fireman" would you be upset?
:D

River Lynchmob
08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
I think your name is inapropriate :mad:
I think you are inapropriate and there goes the offer of bringing out single girls for you :D

Dave C
08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I must have missed the memo... since when did we start caring about what is "appropriate" around here....... :confused:
I though this is where you come to do inappropriate things.... case in point... BROWN.

02HoWaRd26
08-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Get over it, maybe that is just how he copes with what he sees, He is here to share info with everyone, as the rest. If any of us saw half of what this man has and will then we would be a llittle different in thoughs as well, just as for say BoatCop, we are all his buddy on the forum but every time you have that beer in your hand on the River and see a L/E boat dont you always complain... Point is it is his name get over it...

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 10:17 AM
LIAR!!!!! :D

Jbb
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Get over it, maybe that is just how he copes with what he sees, He is here to share info with everyone, as the rest. If any of us saw half of what this man has and will then we would be a llittle different in thoughs as well, just as for say BoatCop, we are all his buddy on the forum but every time you have that beer in your hand on the River and see a L/E boat dont you always complain... Point is it is his name get over it...
Get over it!......:p

little rowe boat
08-14-2007, 10:40 AM
:D
Been their, done this Huh?:D

2Driver
08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Good post for the most part. Timing was kind of bad to see that screen name pop up. I was saved by the Heli-Med guys and so was my 2 year old son three years ago but still I don’t think I would not have picked that name.
...and it's not just the internet, its a form of human communication just like e-mail, a phone call or being in personal conversation. It just happens to take place in a different format. Just the way I see it, not losing any sleep over it.:idea:

Jbb
08-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Been their, done this Huh?:D
Im over it!....:D ;)

Wet Dream
08-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Are you shittin' me? :mad: To you and the others that just don't get it...if you are on that helicopter, you're close to death. You don't get the death flight for a broken bone, stupid. Call it a morbid sense of humor, but its truthful and tough shit if you don't like it. I happen to like the honesty in it, and the medics have my full respect. Why don't you go volunteer at the local hospital and see what pops out of the helicopter when it lands. Maybe its a kid with a life threatening illness that takes too long to drive in the ambu for a transport, maybe its a traumatic accident that shuts down the interstate and the person is losing blood and the ambu can't make it to the trauma center as fast as the helo. People wonder why I'm so bitter, its because I hate stupid people. :D

meaniam
08-14-2007, 11:11 AM
bullshit:D it dont matter which one i click it leads to the same site.:D
http://www.bedazzledmovie.com/
or
Devil's Advocate (http://www.bedazzledmovie.com/)
we have all watched that movie:jawdrop: :D

Jbb
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Are you shittin' me? :mad: To you and the others that just don't get it...if you are on that helicopter, you're close to death. You don't get the death flight for a broken bone, stupid. Call it a morbid sense of humor, but its truthful and tough shit if you don't like it. I happen to like the honesty in it, and the medics have my full respect. Why don't you go volunteer at the local hospital and see what pops out of the helicopter when it lands. Maybe its a kid with a life threatening illness that takes too long to drive in the ambu for a transport, maybe its a traumatic accident that shuts down the interstate and the person is losing blood and the ambu can't make it to the trauma center as fast as the helo. People wonder why I'm so bitter, its because I hate stupid people. :D
That is an absolute treasure right there....lmao.......:D :D :D

Sleeper CP
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Sometimes the obvious is worth repeating, either for the hard at hearing or those that are extremely obtuse. Not sure which one Wet dream is:idea:
Sleeper CP

fatboy95
08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
If i were a Urologist would the name "C-ck Doc" bother you???

ratso
08-14-2007, 11:34 AM
...as long as you didn't send a death flight medic to pick me up.:jawdrop:

Sleeper CP
08-14-2007, 11:44 AM
No, but if my child had Down Syndrome and you were his/her doctor and I found out your screen name was "Doc Retard " I think I would find a new Doctor for my kid.
GET THE POINT YET?:idea:
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ HP used safely since 1992:D

Ziggy
08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I knew a person who piloted a Medical Chopper(name left out on purpose) and he called it deathflight as well....it seems to be a name used within. He explained it to me as because its generally extreme trauma cases where as often the vic's are basically dead when they are loaded aboard. Many are saved due to the quick method to get them to trauma centers.
I noticed the SN and it didn't bother me knowing what I know.

socalmoney
08-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Seems like a stand up guy to me. Is willing to train any and all of us in CPR for free. There are a ton of lame screen names on here. I can only imagine what people think of mine. Wannabe baller perhaps since the word money in it? Who cares.
What I hate is when guys have chicks in their avatar. That is false advertising if you ask me.
I think you have hit upon a good point here. More often than not it is bystanders who bring the injured to us on the shore.
If anyone wants a CPR / First Aid class or a refresher I will teach it for free!!!!!!!!!!!! All I need is $3 AHA Card Fee.
Just let me know. I can put a class on whenever and whereever.
The more people we can get CPR cretified the better.
Also if you need recomendations on what to carry in a first aid kit I will send it over.
ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU WANT TO GET CPR CERTIFIED AND WILL BE IN THE LAKE HAVASU / RIVER AREA LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN GET A CLASS TOGETHER.

Wet Dream
08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Sometimes the obvious is worth repeating, either for the hard at hearing or those that are extremely obtuse. Not sure which one Wet dream is:idea:
Sleeper CP
Yes, this is worth repeating...I HATE STUPID PEOPLE. Care to keep pushing yourself further into that category? :rolleyes:

2Driver
08-14-2007, 01:47 PM
No, but if it was "sausage remover" I might take exception. :D :D

Sleeper CP
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes, this is worth repeating...I HATE STUPID PEOPLE. Care to keep pushing yourself further into that category? :rolleyes:
I was hoping your were just hard at hearing...I've never been that big of a fan of the obtuse.:rolleyes:
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ Hp used safely since 1992:D

socalmoney
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I was hoping your were just hard at hearing...I've never been that big of a fan of the obtuse.:rolleyes:
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ Hp used safely since 1992:D
Be careful with that word obtuse. I saw a guy get sent to the hole for a long time after using that word to the warden.

Sleeper CP
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Be careful with that word obtuse. I saw a guy get sent to the hole for a long time after using that word to the warden.
I'll glad you knew what it meant with out the use of the dictionary.
Sleeper

socalmoney
08-14-2007, 02:16 PM
I'll glad you knew what it meant with out the use of the dictionary.
Sleeper
Thank god for TV

msc5195
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
I know someone who was Killed by a Miller Beer Delivery Truck that ran a red light on June 11, 1975. So '75 Miller will you please change your screen name so it dosent offend me?

Playinwithfyr
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I know someone who was Killed by a Miller Beer Delivery Truck that ran a red light on June 11, 1975. So '75 Miller will you please change your screen name so it dosent offend me?
Good idea,
I am going to change Playinwithfyr due to all the fires I have seen that were started by young kids playing with matches and fire. I apologize for all the fire haters that I have offended, having been a Firefighter and a Paramedic for over 20 years I guess our sense of humor aka "stress relief"
might offend others... :D

Ziggy
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
My name makes everyone think I'm an unlucky, short, fat and bald guy....pretty offensive now that I think about it :D:D:D

2Driver
08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Good idea,
I guess our sense of humor aka "stress relief"
might offend others... :D
At the end of the day none this really amounts to much and is just semantics. A lot of it is just perception or perhaps opinion based on past experiences. Most of us partly understand what EMT/Flight/Fire and LE contribute and must go through. My nephew is an EMT in inner city Baltimore an I get the stories and I can understand the inner joking and stress relief stuff and have heard it.
The general public on the other hand would like to believe you guys are 110% focused on saving lives, as we know you are. So when a professional in the field of saving lives publicly portrays himself as a death flight medic it seems in contrast to what everyone wants to think of when they think of a medical professional coming in to save a life. Trust me, when my 2 year old lay bleeding to death on our kitchen floor and my wife held him from bleeding to death, if the EMT said I am calling the air corpse-taxi it would not have been good.
At the end of the day most of the banter here is just opinions to which everyone has a right to one. Perhaps the best thing to do here in this forum is to agree to disagree but that would not be any fun ;) :D I'm done:D

mbrown2
08-14-2007, 03:50 PM
My name makes everyone think I'm an unlucky, short, fat and bald guy....pretty offensive now that I think about it :D:D:D
LMAO....
Boy....the flames of political correctness around this place sure keep fanning lately....
Lots of folks trying to push their views onto others...:idea:

westair
08-14-2007, 05:04 PM
LMAO....
Boy....the flames of political correctness around this place sure keep fanning lately....
Fock political correctness ..... ruining this great country!!

Sleeper CP
08-14-2007, 06:49 PM
LMAO....
If trying to show some sensitivity (or the thought of being sensitive) to a dead 10 year olds family is now considered "polictcal correctness" then I just learned two things today: I quess I'm now a polictical correct stupid person. :idea: Oh shit, I guess I'll vote for Hillary now. :eek:
Wow, I guess you are never to old to learn something new.:rolleyes:
If that is what I am I guess I'll have to live with that.
Actually neither Jbb, or I ever demanded he change his name (suggested yes), but that he may want to consider how a dead persons family might perceive it. As stated under any other circumstance I wouldn't really give a shit or even comment on it.
Now, I'm off to drink myself to sleep with all of the bad news I learned today.:(
Sleeper CP
Political Correct Stupid Clinton supporting person
Boy is my family going to be surprised tomorrow

Sleek-Jet
08-15-2007, 08:38 AM
If trying to show some sensitivity (or the thought of being sensitive) to a dead 10 year olds family is now considered "polictcal correctness" then I just learned two things today: I quess I'm now a polictical correct stupid person. :idea: Oh shit, I guess I'll vote for Hillary now. :eek:
With all due respect to the grieving family, they are not required to come on here and read the posts or screen names...
And if a screen name offends them, they also have the option of blocking that user in the CP just like the rest of us do...

C-2
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
:( Bad part is people are rippin on the guy for his screen name, and he probably doesn't even know this post is here?
:
Not to split hairs, but he did invite such a thread.
I think it was more of a bad timing issue. If he had been posting on here for years, then his input would have seemed more routine, than dramatic.

EAZYKILLER2006
08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
...as long as you didn't send a death flight medic to pick me up.:jawdrop:
I put my life in gods hands, every day
but when the DEVIL calls for me ...
I just DON'T answer

DeathFlightMedic
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow……I got under somebody’s skin. Isn’t it amazing how many judgments about me are being thrown around, and just because of my name! How many of you know me, and have actually met me? Who know what I’m about, what I support, and how I live my life? I can think of very few who actually have. And here we are with a whole thread about my name!
Good thing a stumbled upon it, because I’m sure the whole point was to discuss it without me knowing. To bash me in the dark, so very brave. If you had taken the time to get to know me you would understand I would never do this to you, Hell I even took the high road and apologized for the remarks I made about you. And what happened next, you attempted to start a whole Bash the DFMedic Thread over political beliefs, nothing more!!!!
Honestly, would anything I have said carry les meaning if I called myself Riverslutfuc or pussyrrock1? Would my passion for advocating SOBER DRIVING and BOATER SAFTY be any less? I would like to think it wouldn’t.
So for the record I WILL NOT CHANGE MY NAME. It is my coping mechanism, my CISD. I will not apologies for it, or make excuses for it. If you want me gone, then take it up with the site admin. (Even though you probably have)
For all of you out there who support my right to name myself anything I want, Thank you. Keep up the good work. I have said it before I would rather read the book than burn it just for the cover, and apparently you agree.
And to 75 Miller, you are a coward. You have proved it more through your actions now more than your words ever could. Next time you have a problem come to me face to face, rather than stabbing me in the back.
This is the last I will say on this subject.

C-2
08-15-2007, 11:45 AM
I think since it has been explained more in detail and is apparently commpnplace, your name makes more sense, and you meant no ill-will in the threads.
I originally posted I thought yiur name was in poor taste, which I will say was wrong, since again, it is an apparent common term.;) So sorry on my end, again I think it was all about timing.

Mattman
08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm confused. Would Mr. C*ck blocker short bus window licker be an offensive screen name?:idea:

Jbb
08-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Good thing a stumbled upon it, because I’m sure the whole point was to discuss it without me knowing. To bash me in the dark, so very brave. If you had taken the time to get to know me you would understand I would never do this to you, Hell I even took the high road and apologized for the remarks I made about you. And what happened next, you attempted to start a whole Bash the DFMedic Thread over political beliefs, nothing more!!!!
lol...that's funny....It was meant to be discussed behind your back?.......on the most populated forum of this website?.....with a header name of Screen Names?.....You have quite the keen insight into the obvious there Death Flight....:D

Sleeper CP
08-15-2007, 12:12 PM
. As per your examples, I am more offended by some of the more 'suggestive, sexually explicit' screen names than anything, especially for our members that are married or in a permanent type relationship. Talk about disrespect!
Rio
Prude ;)
Post script edit: Hey Jbb, kind of like: Hidden in plain sight.
We think way to much a like.
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ HP Safely used since 1992:D

Squeezing Spectra
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm confused. Would Mr. C*ck blocker short bus window licker be an offensive screen name?:idea:
Why you gotta be like that LOL :D

'75 Miller
08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't care what anyone chooses for their name. I'm NOT offended one bit. Just thought DFM was a strangely inappropriate name for someone in the lifesaving game. Don't care one way or the other if dude changes it.
If someone on a site for Catholic priests wants to call himself NAMBLA-MAN that wouldn't offend me either.
In a few hours I'll look into deleting the whole thing, so hurry up & tell me to get over myself, call me what you will, put words in my mouth, whatever you wish.

Screaming Pete
08-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Wow……I got under somebody’s skin. Isn’t it amazing how many judgments about me are being thrown around, and just because of my name! How many of you know me, and have actually met me? Who know what I’m about, what I support, and how I live my life? I can think of very few who actually have. And here we are with a whole thread about my name!
Honestly, would anything I have said carry les meaning if I called myself Riverslutfuc or pussyrrock1? Would my passion for advocating SOBER DRIVING and BOATER SAFTY be any less? I would like to think it wouldn’t.
So for the record I WILL NOT CHANGE MY NAME. It is my coping mechanism, my CISD. I will not apologies for it, or make excuses for it. If you want me gone, then take it up with the site admin. (Even though you probably have)
For all of you out there who support my right to name myself anything I want, Thank you. Keep up the good work. I have said it before I would rather read the book than burn it just for the cover, and apparently you agree.
And to 75 Miller, you are a coward. You have proved it more through your actions now more than your words ever could. Next time you have a problem come to me face to face, rather than stabbing me in the back.
This is the last I will say on this subject.
welcome to Hot Boat...........eeerrrrrrrrr Drama Boat. just about everything in the sandbar is drama of some kind. it never used to be like that, sad realy:rolleyes: