PDA

View Full Version : Audi warranty

BrendellaJet
08-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Tell me what you think- transmission is replaced at 20k miles. Car has a 50k mile warranty. Is the transmission covered to 70k miles or is it done at 50 like the rest of the car?

Jetdriver
08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
The rebuilt tranny should have its own warrantee.

GoCiggie31
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Tell me what you think- transmission is replaced at 20k miles. Car has a 50k mile warranty. Is the transmission covered to 70k miles or is it done at 50 like the rest of the car?
Done at 50. The replacement trans WHILE replaced under the new car warranty falls under the new car warranty or the parts replacement parts warranty(prob 12/12), usually whichever is longer.
If it(reman replacement) fails while outside the new car warranty, you have other avenues to seek.
keep all your records and maintain dlr service requirements is my suggestion.

Screaming Pete
08-14-2007, 10:42 AM
pm Ziggy i think he is a dealer in ocean side

dmontzsta
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I think Audi's suck. :) My buddy had an A4 which had so many problems they classified it as a lemon and took it as a trade in, then he traded it in for an A6 and is on his second trans with only 40k on the odometer. He goes back to court next week to fight them some more.

BoatPI
08-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I realize that it is too late, but I noted in todays news that BMW was rated #2, behind Lexus. Now, understanding that Lexus is not very sporty, I purchased a 07' 530I a few months back. It is the most perfect car that I have ever owned. As for features, the engineers in Germany must have alot of time on their hands. The navi system alone is beyond anything that I have seen. Late month I visited my local BMW dealer to ask a question. they are not the selling dealer. The service assistant was informative, knowledgable, and more that willing to assist me in even the slightest detail.
The car is perfection.

Ziggy
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Not an Audi dealer but I'd assume the warranty expires(like ours) at the cars original 4/50 wrty, unless the warranty given with the tranny itself is longer than when the bumper to bumper expires.
Think someone else already said that though ;)

Big Inch
08-14-2007, 12:15 PM
My last car was an Audi lease. The only thing I did to the car was change the oil about an hour before I drove it back to the dealer to turn it in :) It never even burned a half a quart in 2 years.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Done at 50 like the rest of the car. My son had an A4, one of the best driving and most comfortable cars I have ever driven. Audi seems to have the same problem that has plagued the company for years, they are not dependable. My Son sold his when it was 13 months old after coil pack issues and numerous ghosts in the dash and stereo electronics

BrendellaJet
08-14-2007, 01:58 PM
lets just say I wont buy another one...
I like the car, drives nice, gets killer mileage.
Tranny at 20k took 3 weeks to install(newport)
at 50712 some check valve broke, the rear window assembly broke. both 400 dollar fixes. The dealer wouldn't hook us up, said Audi is very "by the book". Get this, every 10k miles it prompts you that the dealer service is due in X number of miles. Happened like clock work. When 50 k miles came, the warning never showed...Like they want you to miss out on the last free service or something...
Now with 65k miles on the car, the transmission is making some noise.
Phuck Audi. I wont buy another one for that reason.

Legal Chemistry
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
My brother-in-law had the A4 3.2 w/CVT: 2 trannys, 2 or 3 windows, all 4 tires blew, various lights burning out, and some other odds and ends. All within 2 years and 20k. He DOES NOT drive cars hard either. I haven't heard of another case like this but he definitely got a lemon.

djunkie
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I think Audi's suck. :) My buddy had an A4 which had so many problems they classified it as a lemon and took it as a trade in, then he traded it in for an A6 and is on his second trans with only 40k on the odometer. He goes back to court next week to fight them some more.
Sounds like my dads Ford Expedition. 2 transmissions in 10k miles then it burnt to the ground in our garage with a little over 30k. They all have lemons!!!!!!

Jyruiz
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I know you are trying to be informative, but that is not what he asked.

dmontzsta
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I know you are trying to be informative, but that is not what he asked.
You are right, but he agreed with me. ;)
I have a good friend who is die hard Audi, he is on his 4th one and all of them have been nothing but problems, he gets a new one every year. I really do not understand the loyalty after 4 lemons. :)

MikeF
08-14-2007, 07:24 PM
I really do not understand the loyalty after 4 lemons. :)
Much like a Ford owner.:jawdrop: :)

dmontzsta
08-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Much like a Ford owner.:jawdrop: :)
Cant say I have ever owned a Ford lemon...Have had a few chevy lemons in the family though. I guess it is all about what you have the most luck with. :)

v-drive
08-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Sorry to hear this Brian, hope I don't have these problems with my vw's. I think the Passat has the same trans as your Audi:( People complain about the new beetle but I drive the heck out of mine. What do you think you will step up to? if you get a yukon make sure it has the allison trans...pop

boats&bars
08-22-2007, 06:03 AM
lets just say I wont buy another one...
I like the car, drives nice, gets killer mileage.
Tranny at 20k took 3 weeks to install(newport)
at 50712 some check valve broke, the rear window assembly broke. both 400 dollar fixes. The dealer wouldn't hook us up, said Audi is very "by the book". Get this, every 10k miles it prompts you that the dealer service is due in X number of miles. Happened like clock work. When 50 k miles came, the warning never showed...Like they want you to miss out on the last free service or something...
Now with 65k miles on the car, the transmission is making some noise.
Phuck Audi. I wont buy another one for that reason.
I have an 06 A4 and walters Audi in Riverside Treats me Well, no Problems so far, I love the car, It sure makes the $1200 Extended warranty sound cheap huh. Sorry to hear about all your Issues