PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Perfomance Swim step ladders

Mardonzi
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Anyone here ever put one of these on a boat with twins?? I'm curious about the clearance between the tie bar between the 2 lower units and the ladder with the drives in the up position??

phebus
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't know if it would work, but I am going there to pick up my ladder tomorrow, so if you have any specific questions, let me know and I will ask them.
They sure do offer great customer service. Mine wasn't working as smoothly as it used to, so I dropped it off yesterday for service. They called me today and said it was ready. No charge. :rollside:

cxr133
02-21-2006, 06:44 PM
can you ask them if they do installations??
i checked w/ Castaic Yamaha.. and the service guy told me he would "pass" on the installation and they are on the list of authorized dealers.
anyway my wife is tired of putting the ladder up and down so we would like to get one of these installed.
thanks in advance
chris

phebus
02-21-2006, 06:49 PM
They come with very complete installation instructions, and are really easy to install. You can review them and see if it's something you want to take on or not. The instructions can be found on their website
Aqua step (http://www.aquaperformance.com/downloadinstructions.html)

cxr133
02-21-2006, 07:30 PM
thanks phebus i looked at their site numerous times looking for another dealer close to us.
i dont feel confident removing the old ladder... installing the new ladder
what about the holes from the old ladder?
thats why i was looking for installation help
thanks
chris

phebus
02-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I'll ask about installations, and if they have a current list of dealers that would do it for you.

cxr133
02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
thanks again!!! :) :cool:

phebus
02-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Aqua Performance doesn't do installations, and didn't have a list of installers, but their only comment was that they are so easy to install, that any marine facility should be able to help you out. Their only guess as to why a shop told you they couldn't install one for you was that they possibly didn't want to repair the old ladders holes.
I have had mine on and off, and an install couldn't be easier. All it is is three brackets.

bohica
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Wouldn't work on my 34 Magic with twins. Tie bar would have hit it and could push the step thru the swim platform.