PDA

View Full Version : Look out for Sunsations

dsimpson
12-24-2001, 04:04 PM
This thing is really not a performance boat!

PQVyper340
12-25-2001, 05:14 AM
They are nice but really aren't in the same league as some of the other off Shore boats. I personally would own one IF I lived on a lake and never saw serious rough water or if I never wanted to have the creature comforts that make boating all weekend more fun.

Tinkerboater
12-26-2001, 07:08 PM
I agree with you. I went to the boat show and was talking to the rep. and he stated how fast the boats were. I told him he was dreaming and told him I had smoked his 85 mph boat with my 75 mph boat and that was on calm water. Get me out on 2 to 3 footers and were not even in the same ballpark. He about lost it. He said no way-the guy must not have been racing. I told him it sure looked to me like we were racing. He did beat me later but I found out he had to turn on the bottle. Hey I guess it was an 85 mph boat.
[This message has been edited by Tinkerboater (edited December 26, 2001).]

n2boatin
01-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by dsimpson:
This thing is really not a performance boat!
Also the cockpit is too small and tight if you are 5'6" and weight 150# it might fit....

Payton
01-19-2002, 06:12 AM
Wow, this is the first time I've every heard Sunsation bashed. I've still never heard of an unhappy owner though.

kook
01-19-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm a very happy Sunsation owner, and really haven't heard of a truely unhappy owner - my 25' Aggressor handles well in the Ches. Bay - rock solid in 3' chop. Moving up in power to 675hp 572 motor - will see how it goes this Spring.

RumRunner
01-19-2002, 03:44 PM
I love my Sunsation !!! Although they are not for everyone. They're a drivers boat. I would compare them to a corvette, handle great, but not a lot of creature comforts. If you're into handling, and performance it's a great boat, and you can't touch the, for the price. If you're more into style, and luxury than it's not the boat for you.
Just my opinion. There are plenty of different type of boats out there, so I'm sure everybody can find something they like.
Doug

DaveSunsation
01-24-2002, 07:40 AM
I've sent a personal email to the post originator and have not heard a word back from them. We're always interested in feedback both good and bad, its the only way to keep improving on your product. If any one knows this person please have them conmtact me, if we can help, we will.

rivercrazy
01-24-2002, 09:51 AM
Don't worry Dave. Most on the board would ignore someone who is brand new coming in to bash a manufacturer without any reason, cause, or other related topic. I don't take it seriously at least...

Slick
01-24-2002, 10:45 AM
I've never even seen one in person. They look nice though.

lifisgoood
01-25-2002, 03:24 PM
anyone who bashes sunsations hasn't been around any or been around the factory guys. those guys are always straight with everyone. don't forget there are people out there throwing money out for 80mph boats that couldn't even drive a go-cart. there's a lot of people that talk a lot of s@*t and can't back it up

DaveSunsation
01-26-2002, 06:08 AM
River,
Thanks for input, I'd still like to know what he based his comment on. We take much pride in how and what we do and if anyone has issue we sure like to try and do something about it if we can.
Hope to catch up with you all someday.

Payton
01-26-2002, 09:13 AM
Dave, are you going to be at the Miami boat show? if you are We'll see you there. Also you should check out the OSO get together.

RumRunner
01-27-2002, 05:17 AM
Can't we all just get along ??? Dave I think this was someone from OSO who posted here under a new name based on some stuff that was being babbled between some Sunsation owners, and Power Quest owners.
Everybody has there own opinion
Doug