PDA

View Full Version : Boat Thief Nabbed

Cole91
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Note: I was not there this is the account from the boat owner.
On Sunday at about 9:30pm El Diablo was stolen from the beach in front of Barley Brothers and later recovered near the Nautical Inn by myself and my friend Brian.
I severely broke my hand in the confrontation that occurred when I jumped in my boat so it is very hard to type this. I am having hand surgery tomorrow to put in some plates and screws.
I have attached the police report which is about 90% accurate. What is not in the police report is the high speed pass out of the channel southbound in complete darkness. This was done by Brian in his 27 Hallett Cat with me riding shotgun. We must have been going around 60mph as we passed the dog park in hot pursuit of finding El Diablo. It was right out of a Miami Vice episode. I have always wanted to do that. We ultimately spotted my boat near the no wake buoys close to the Nautical Inn boat launch. My boat motor had stalled on the suspect and it gave us the break we needed to catch up to him.

Sherpa
08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
awesome catch..........
too bad you weren't armed with a big ass paddle to give him some knowledge.
--Sherpa

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Holy Crap!!!! Good job in tracking the POS down!! Sorry about your hand but hopefully the perps got arrested!!

SnoC653
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Good job. Hope the hand gets better.

RitcheyRch
08-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Excellent news and good luck with the hand.

Phat Matt
08-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Perp: "What, you want me to tell you that I took it for a joy ride and was try to get laid?"
Nice one. :D

phebus
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I read about that in the local paper. Good job. :D

JB in so cal
08-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Oh, the old text message repo key in the mailbox job. :rolleyes:
"would you believe...?"
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=85248&rendTypeId=4

Ziggy
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Nice catch, funny report by the cop....this guy was a idiot.
But please, don't leave your keys in the boat again.

hot_diggity_dog
08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Note: I was not there this is the account from the boat owner.
On Sunday at about 9:30pm El Diablo was stolen from the beach in front of Barley Brothers and later recovered near the Nautical Inn by myself and my friend Brian.
I severely broke my hand in the confrontation that occurred when I jumped in my boat so it is very hard to type this. I am having hand surgery tomorrow to put in some plates and screws.
I have attached the police report which is about 90% accurate. What is not in the police report is the high speed pass out of the channel southbound in complete darkness. This was done by Brian in his 27 Hallett Cat with me riding shotgun. We must have been going around 60mph as we passed the dog park in hot pursuit of finding El Diablo. It was right out of a Miami Vice episode. I have always wanted to do that. We ultimately spotted my boat near the no wake buoys close to the Nautical Inn boat launch. My boat motor had stalled on the suspect and it gave us the break we needed to catch up to him.
Cole91 isn't El Diablo Phil's boat, SVO540 on the boards???:confused:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/824img000000-med.jpg
HDD

whiteworks
08-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope his face is worse than your hand. I read the report and I'm not clear on how he got the key.

DILLIGAF
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Great friggin' job! Glad to see you only had a minor injury and you got a scumbag off the streets. I would have taken a few extra punches/kicks and made them count before that ****er got overboard.

Bense468
08-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow...taking law into your own (hand) I like it. Glad you got your boat back, hope everything is ok, good luck with the hand.

Kyote
08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Good reaction time, fast thinking. And the POS is in jail. Good luck with your hand.

andy01
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Did you talk to Phil before you posted this?
Yes good job by Phil, the full story is somethiing to tell the grandkids about.
Andy

riverracerx
08-15-2007, 04:49 PM
How was the guy trying to get laid if he was the only one in the boat? How long did he think he was going to have the boat before he got caught?
I bet he looked sexy with pinned to the floor of the boat by his "ponytail". :rolleyes:

andy01
08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
COLE91 Is not he owner
He copied and pasted a e-mail from the owner Phil, El Diablo is the boats name. SVO 540 is the owners board name as Glenn stated.
Andy

Ziggy
08-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Sounds like the key was in the boat. Who takes their keys out of the boat? I'm not even sure if my keys come out.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Say what???

fatboy95
08-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Too cool. I think ole Calvert is going to get laid when he gets to jail. Hopefully his mail will be forwarded to him at his new address.

shadow
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Great friggin' job! Glad to see you only had a minor injury and you got a scumbag off the streets. I would have taken a few extra punches/kicks and made them count before that ****er got overboard.
Or jumped in after him with a sand spike in hand!::jawdrop: devil:

duner21
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM
What a pos. Glad the boat was recovered. I always wondered if it was ok to leave my key in there. I guess i wont anymore.

WILDMAN
08-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Bout time these bastards got there's. I'd like to see his face in his mugshot. Sounds like you popped him good.

WYRD
08-15-2007, 05:11 PM
What makes Calvert think a DCB will get him LAID? Wouldn't the women just think his dick is small due to the overpriced boat:confused: :confused: :jawdrop: :D
Great job on the recovery!!! Love to hear stories with a happy ending:)

phebus
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
That was funny both times :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-15-2007, 05:15 PM
COLE91 Is not the owner
He copied and pasted a e-mail from the owner Phil, El Diablo is the boats name. SVO 540 is the owners board name as Glenn stated.
Andy
Andy I seen Phil go by in the channel on sunday and we gave each other the whatup! I told my wife that I hadn't seen Phil in Havasu since his boat was one of the fastest and biggest out there!
Glad he didn't get away. ;)
That was at one of the HDD Sashimi Fish taco fest;) :D
HDD:)

seanv
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
WOW!! great job on the capture of the idiot! sorry bout your hand though. make sure they align the bones as good as possible. mine werent done right and now have problems with lil finger:rolleyes:
and just to think....the idiot is going to get his wish... lil joy ride.... lil fight action... and now bubba's going to bang him crazy :D :D

riverliver
08-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I talk to phil (SVO540) today and he is going in for surgery on his hand tomorrow (pin and rods ) it got busted up on that duce bags face.
Good job on the boat recovery !
looks like no golf for a little while.

Charley
08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
This brings back sad memories..... Glad you caught the bastard!

Jbb
08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Threw him a flotation device.....:D

Racey
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
That's badass!!!!! :D

VegasCharger
08-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah i like the i was joyriding and trying to get laid !! What a Retard !!!

Nord
08-15-2007, 06:16 PM
This thread is a perfect example of how half of the people on here only read half of what is posted................
It even says in red at the top as a disclaimer.....
~NORD~

soulboater#1
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Great job-Don't let anyone take your sh*t! That is an Azz whuppin homeboy will not forget!
THAT'S DEBO'S BIKE!!!:D

YeLLowBoaT
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
What makes Calvert think a DCB will get him LAID? Wouldn't the women just think his dick is small due to the overpriced boat:confused: :confused: :jawdrop: :D
Great job on the recovery!!! Love to hear stories with a happy ending:)
might not help him with the ladies, but it would help him with the bench racers.

DILLIGAF
08-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Or jumped in after him with a sand spike in hand!::jawdrop: devil:
I happen to have an extra sand spike at the moment.....lol

PHOTOGLOU
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
sorry for the confusion, I work with Brian who was with Phil, and I thought you guys would get a kick out of a kick ass Crocket & Tubs story:D
Sorry couldn't hear you...

soupersonic
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Threw him a flotation device.....:D
Should have thrown him an anchor :D

Havasu1986
08-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Did they ever pay there dinner tab at Barley Brothers. :confused: :D

Phat Matt
08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
This thread is a perfect example of how half of the people on here only read half of what is posted................
~NORD~
It's pretty comical. :D

CornWater
08-15-2007, 07:17 PM
This brings back sad memories..... Glad you caught the bastard!
Damn... I forgot all about that. Glad to hear this had a different outcome.

Kyote
08-15-2007, 07:18 PM
~NORD~
Not me. I read the whole thing paying great attention to the words in red. The problem occurred when I went to post my reply and could not REMEMBER everything. I should have used the 'Quote" however I forgot to do that as well. I did not wish to make folks think that half of the ***boat Forum only read half of what is posted. It was only me.
I am sooooooooooooo ashamed. I'll try to remember better!!!!
I will edit my post

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
The police report was the good part.

riverliver
08-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Did they ever pay there dinner tab at Barley Brothers. :confused: :D
I was thinking the same thing :idea:
I will have to ask him about that.

GunninGopher
08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Sounds like the key was in the boat. Who takes their keys out of the boat? I'm not even sure if my keys come out.
I left the keys in one boat for 5 years straight!! These days I take it out over night, though, if it is in the water, but not at all during the day.

GunninGopher
08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I haven't had much cause to read police reports in the past. But that was darn thorough.
You guys made the cops job pretty easy!! It must make you feel great to get that butthole off the street (water).

Mrs 2LKHVSU
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
We hope all is well. Nice family! really :)
The only time the key comes out of the boat is is our of our garage...
"Bad Ass Mama Jama" has a new meaning at our house.:devil:

02HoWaRd26
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
The police report is great, congrats on catching the guy and getting your boat before any harm could be done to it...

Classic Daycruiser
08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Do we have a picture of the scum bag to post???:idea:

2Driver
08-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Right on!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37168&stc=1&d=1187299079

scarabrick2
08-17-2007, 06:35 AM
I always leave the keys n the boat. HOWEVER, I pull the LANDYARD and take it with me when we leave it on the beach / dock. Or, I hide it (Lanyard) inside the boat. Can't start the boat without it. Great job on the recovery

Mr. Crusader 83
08-17-2007, 07:24 AM
I met the owners of this boat in the channel a couple weeks ago. Nice people and a bitchen boat. Glad they got it back safe. Good luck with the hand.

RiverOtter
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Freakin awesome!

RiverOtter
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Ya know the funniest part is "I held him by his ponytail"
ROTFLMAO!!!! :D
Super Heros shouldn't wear capes and crooks shouldn't wear ponytails :D

Ion
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Sounds like the key was in the boat. Who takes their keys out of the boat?
I do. After having my car robbed, back in my old hood, I always remind myself: "trust noone" when parking any vehicle.

BoatPI
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM
you can't fix stupid.

SandbarScot
08-18-2007, 07:26 AM
From a cop's point of view, I gotta say the follow-up investigation is awesome:
NOTE: I DID RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET AND REDMAN.COM IS A TOBBACO COMPANY
Classic! :D

Schiada76
08-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Excellent job!
Good luck with the hand, I had mine set wrong under the same circumstance and it had to be rebroken and reset.:D

Pussywhippled
08-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Ah, Ah, Ah... I work for Kaiser Soze...

Classic Daycruiser
08-18-2007, 10:31 AM
LE really have to look at this bastards friends. Was this boat going on a joy ride....or was this boat going to be stripped of its contents in the middle of the desert? :idea: :idea: :idea:

32sunrkt
08-18-2007, 10:43 AM
** P#SSY is a very powerfrul thing.... **

SVO 540
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Heys Guys,
Thought I would give you all a brief update.
It was me, SVO 540 and my boat, El Diablo that was stolen and later recovered.
I had hand surgery last thursday (it is a bitch to type) and everything went well, although it was just over 4 hours in surgery. I will be in a cast for another 5 weeks. I shattered the bones in my right hand that support my pinky and ring finger. They were plated, screwed and wired back together. Not sure if the hardware will be removed in the future.
The suspect has a peliminary hearing tomorrow. I will keep you posted as this case progresses through the justice system. He did not post bail which was 65K. I believe that means $6,500 cash to get out. He does have some prior arrests, mostly driving without a license.
Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the mug shot? Is that public information?
I heard there was a write up in the local paper. How could I get a copy?
Some have asked if I paid my bill at Barley Brothers. I didn't, but someone else from our party picked up the entire tab. If you ever want to get out of paying, this is one way to do it.
The lesson learned, is not to leave your keys in your boat. Had I taken my keys with me, this whole mess might have been avoided.
Another detail not in the police report was the boat that appeared with 3 guys on it as I was fighting with the suspect. The boaters came up to me and told me "That's enough" and then just left as to get out of there before the police arrived. I have wondered if that boat was involved in some way and was going to be used to ditch my boat in the tulies and provide the suspect with a ride back to town. Anybody have any stories about this theft procedure?
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. Just needed some time to deal with my hand.
SVO 540 - OUT

Sherpa
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
OMG the report is hilarious................
The key is in the mail box-!
man, you showed ALOT mre restraint than I would have...........
a mere "bump" of the throttle, and it's fishbait time for calvin.......
--Sherpa...lab-finished, sharpened, surface-drive stainless steel cleaver prop
action baby!

socaldj1
08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Congrats on getting the boat back!!!
I had finally talked my wife into our first night ride at Havasu. We had no more pulled out of the Nautical and just reached the bouy line, when this boat with no lights comes screamin across the lake. It then must have stalled because it got real quiet till another boat comes screamin through the no wake zone. It was just dark enough we couldn't see either boat. All we could think about is if it like this in the no wake wait till we get to the middle of the lake it's going to be really nuts. Glad the rest of our night run was quiet or I'd never get to go again.