PDA

View Full Version : just picked up mach26/twin promax's

dschifan
08-16-2007, 11:01 AM
just bought the boat it is a 2000 mach26 with 300 promaxs. it has the 30p labbed bravos on it. what approx should i see for speed with these props and what is the best top end prop??? oh and bytw, thanks again tony!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/buffguy22/9254New_DCB_005-med.jpg

DCBob
08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Congrats on your purchase. I'd ask Tony, I'm sure he would know what props perform best on that rig. Good Luck, see ya at the river ;) :)

XFactor
08-16-2007, 12:12 PM
My guess would be 95-98 mph this time of year. You may hit the rev limiters before you see a top speed with 30's. Maybe 105 in ideal conditions (low fuel, 2 people, 75 degrees and light chop). You should call Dave for prop recommendations. I'm sure he's seen and heard all the combos.
Nice boat. I like the color combo and graphics. :D

HavasuSelect
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Damn Dustin, That's sick. Can I get a ride this weekend? :D

dschifan
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
for sure eric, i'll be at the channel then sandbar on saturday! can't wait to run it.
tony said he ran it to 98 with those props not sure what the load though

HavasuSelect
08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
for sure eric, i'll be at the channel then sandbar on saturday! can't wait to run it.
tony said he ran it to 98 with those props not sure what the load though
Nice, I'm just gonna have one of my chick friends with me. I'll give you a call tomorrow.
Again bro that boat is sick. Have fun with it!

andy01
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Congrats, enjoy your first weekend in it.
Andy

dicudmore
08-16-2007, 03:22 PM
congrats, nice ride :D

dschifan
08-16-2007, 03:23 PM
thanks andy, i seen you yesterday at sea dream. tom is the one who got me financed for this thing.:D

andy01
08-16-2007, 05:41 PM
thanks andy, i seen you yesterday at sea dream. tom is the one who got me financed for this thing.:D
Yeah I heard you guys say something about the DCB, then I asked Tom who you guys were. I would have introduced myself had I know it was you. Well I will be in Havasu this weekend with my DCB, maybe I'll run into you.
Andy

02HoWaRd26
08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I too think that is the perfect color combo and graphics. the way I would want it. If you don't mind how much was it...

mach22buck
08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
congrats, have fun and be safe

Reaper1
08-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Sweet! Have a kick ass good time.:)

beaverretriever
08-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Well I will be in Havasu this weekend with my DCB, maybe I'll run into you.
Andy
Man, you DCB guys are always trying to run into people...:D
Congrats on the boat dschifan. I have always liked that boat. All white cat with twins hangin off of the back. Doesn't get much better than that. Hope to see you out with the new ride.

Kilrtoy
08-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Don't forget Spin class by the reeds at noon

dschifan
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I too think that is the perfect color combo and graphics. the way I would want it. If you don't mind how much was it...
got it for a killer deal, 53k! hope to see all you saturday at havi:D

blender over
08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
come on:eek:
Wanna trade? mines newer!!

DCBDaytona
08-17-2007, 09:18 AM
NICE. How many hours do the motors have? I assume they've been rebuilt and possibly worked? This Mach used to prowl around Havasu mucho back in the day.
My Dad's old 2000 Mach with stock 300's would run right at 100-102 in the winter with 15x32 4 blade Merc cleavers. Not quite sure why this one has bravos...I drove a 26 with 30P bravos and nearly scared myself to death!

TOBTEK
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
NICE. How many hours do the motors have? I assume they've been rebuilt and possibly worked? This Mach used to prowl around Havasu mucho back in the day.
My Dad's old 2000 Mach with stock 300's would run right at 100-102 in the winter with 15x32 4 blade Merc cleavers. Not quite sure why this one has bravos...I drove a 26 with 30P bravos and nearly scared myself to death!
Why is that? I never ran them on my 26. But my buddy that owned X-factor for awhile, said the B-1's worked best for all around usage. I know the B-1 was the best all around for my single 300 as well.

DCBDaytona
08-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Why is that? I never ran them on my 26. But my buddy that owned X-factor for awhile, said the B-1's worked best for all around usage. I know the B-1 was the best all around for my single 300 as well.
They might have worked on Glenn's because it was an Open Bow with tons of weight from the stereo...never "aired out" J/K;)
I ran the 30P Bravos on a buddy's 2002 26 with X's...He thought something was horribly wrong with the hull/motors/steering until he got rid of those POSs. When I drove it, the hull acted DAMN weird, and almost had alot of torque steer. To be honest, I took it out past the Thompson's Bay bouys to Copper never getting over 70mph and was scared to drive it. It was pulling the transom in odd directions, almost making it seen like the boat was going to roll. I personally thought it was the steering as well..I just think the Machs cannot have that much prop in the water...they like to grab too much. Of all the props tried, Merc 15x30/32/34's worked the best.
My buddy wanted a second opinion...So Mig jumped in the boat. He too was scared to death!
I agree with you...In the single setup, whether a Mach or a Daytona, the Bravo is the Shiznit!

XFactor
08-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't even remember the different sets of props I tried on my 26. What I do remember is the 3 bladed clevers worked much better than the 4 bladed cleavers. The boat needed more bow lift with the additional weight up front. I think I liked the Lightning E.T.'s for best all around.

Screaming Pete
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
speed is one thing but i would check those lower ends and replace water pump impellers and seals and change the oil in them before i ever ran the boat. congrats on the new to you boat.
pete

deltarat
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
If I had know that last week end was the last time I was going to see Tonys boat out in the water I would have been sad. Well at least it went to someone who will enjoy it.
Congrats on the purchase of one really nice DCB!

dschifan
08-17-2007, 02:05 PM
the boat handles really well and tracks really straight with those props so who Knows. i would like to try some cleavers in the near future. ya tony is an awesome dude, a great guy to deal with.:D

That Guy
08-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Great looking boat....congrats!:)

TOBTEK
08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't even remember the different sets of props I tried on my 26. What I do remember is the 3 bladed clevers worked much better than the 4 bladed cleavers. The boat needed more bow lift with the additional weight up front. I think I liked the Lightning E.T.'s for best all around.
isnt that funny, Andy and I tried some 3 blade clevers from Cudmore.... worst thing ever for my/Chips 26. was a bucking bronco with them. Mine liked the four blade clevers. DONT even waste your time or money on maximas's. Flat out didnt work with outboards! Still own a set of those paper weights:(

02HoWaRd26
08-18-2007, 09:14 AM
WOW that was quite the deal. I have been looking for something for a while that would have beenn a great find.

mbrown2
08-18-2007, 09:29 AM
isnt that funny, Andy and I tried some 3 blade clevers from Cudmore.... worst thing ever for my/Chips 26. was a bucking bronco with them. Mine liked the four blade clevers. DONT even waste your time or money on maximas's. Flat out didnt work with outboards! Still own a set of those paper weights:(
Mine worked better with 3 blades as well.....also worked with 4 blades, but 3 blades were were best.......30" Labbed 3 Merc Cleavers were best all around...just liked to throw blades...

DMOORE
08-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Put those Maximas up for sale on offshoreonly.com. People on there are always looking for them.
Darrell.

Familycat
08-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Why so cheap? I hear guys paying paying mid 60k for a boat like that.
rick

TOBTEK
08-20-2007, 06:57 AM
WOW that was quite the deal. I have been looking for something for a while that would have beenn a great find.
have you seen Havasucig old Mach26 with 2.5's thats forsale again? Think they are asking low 50's for that as well. Looks like its back out here on the westcost again- was back east for awhile. They haul ass with the 2.5's! Just a pain doing the pre-mix thing:( its in either the trader or OSO??

TOBTEK
08-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Mine worked better with 3 blades as well.....also worked with 4 blades, but 3 blades were were best.......30" Labbed 3 Merc Cleavers were best all around...just liked to throw blades...
do you recall how low your motors were mounted? Mine were slammed at the bottom. We raised them one position up, and removed the whaletails, installed dans three blade 32's....at 97-98mph started bucking like a rodeo horse. Would have like to played more with set-up. maybe Chip will continue to. MAYBE those props didnt work cause they were off a Spectre????:D

02HoWaRd26
08-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Toby whats the deal with this other DCB for sale. :idea:

TOBTEK
08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Toby whats the deal with this other DCB for sale. :idea:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/6/86315886.htm
HERE YA GO.

DCBDaytona
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/6/86315886.htm
HERE YA GO.
A buddy went and looked at HavasuCig's old Mach 26 with 2.5's...It definitely needs some TLC. Seems like the owner would take an offer in the 40's.

dschifan
08-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Why so cheap? I hear guys paying paying mid 60k for a boat like that.
rick
just right place at the right time! boat ran awesome this weekend made a pass at 96mph in front of needles:D

mbrown2
08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
do you recall how low your motors were mounted? Mine were slammed at the bottom. We raised them one position up, and removed the whaletails, installed dans three blade 32's....at 97-98mph started bucking like a rodeo horse. Would have like to played more with set-up. maybe Chip will continue to. MAYBE those props didnt work cause they were off a Spectre????:D
Not sure Toby, I think he mounted them at the normal position...ie: Prop Shaft even or an 1 to 1.5 inch above bottom of sponson...the boat never bucked...it would react at the lower end better with the 4blade Cleavers but upper mid range and top end loved three blade better.....Also, I left the whale tales on...seemed to help with planing...but tough to tell as I never ran it with them off.

dicudmore
08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I think this may be the answer :D Those props were Mazco's...I didn't care for them either. More rake than a Merc cleaver--my boat is a lot friendlier with Merc wheels.

DCBDaytona
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I think this may be the answer :D Those props were Mazco's...I didn't care for them either. More rake than a Merc cleaver--my boat is a lot friendlier with Merc wheels.
Yes, the Mazco "OS" Cleavers are POS's in comparison to the Merc Cleavers!

dicudmore
08-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, the Mazco "OS" Cleavers are POS's in comparison to the Merc Cleavers!
I'm taking that to mean that you are not interested in purchasing said cleavers?? 14.5X32 3-blades...great wheel, for what boat I have no idea :D

DCBDaytona
08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm taking that to mean that you are not interested in purchasing said cleavers?? 14.5X32 3-blades...great wheel, for what boat I have no idea :D
For $500 I'll make good use of the set:D

Kilrtoy
08-20-2007, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=TOBTEK;2737617]
They might have worked on Glenn's because it was an Open Bow with tons of weight from the stereo...never "aired out" J/K;)
I ran the 30P Bravos on a buddy's 2002 26 with X's...He thought something was horribly wrong with the hull/motors/steering until he got rid of those POSs. When I drove it, the hull acted DAMN weird, and almost had alot of torque steer. To be honest, I took it out past the Thompson's Bay bouys to Copper never getting over 70mph and was scared to drive it. It was pulling the transom in odd directions, almost making it seen like the boat was going to roll. I personally thought it was the steering as well..I just think the Machs cannot have that much prop in the water...they like to grab too much. Of all the props tried, Merc 15x30/32/34's worked the best.
My buddy wanted a second opinion...So Mig jumped in the boat. He too was scared to death!
I agree with you...In the single setup, whether a Mach or a Daytona, the Bravo is the Shiznit!
Thne problem with the boat was plain and simple it was the props, he has a closed bow M26, the owner stated all the problems with the boat and I said it was the props. After thousands of dollars of work done to the steering system, I finally agreed to drive the boat and it scared the crap out of me and that was an understatement.
You had to fight the boat at any speed and when you let off the throttle the boat would pitch in to a hard slide until you stabbed the throttles again, causing the boat to return to its uneasy stance
The bravo props are stren lifting props and were raising the back end out of the water, in return pushing the bow into the water.
I loaned him a set of clevers and problem solved.
I know of people using bravo's but damn that is a scary way to drive a boat

Familycat
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
just right place at the right time! boat ran awesome this weekend made a pass at 96mph in front of needles:D
I quess so. It is exactly what I am looking for. I have been tossing around the idea of a Mach 22 with twins but really want a Mach 26 with 300X's. Still love the wind in my face so staying away from the F26 plus the F's are a lot more $. We bought a housboat on Don Pedro this year so Mach 26 would be perfect. I love the all white look. Having it ride on a triple axle trailer is a bonus. Congratulaions. What a deal. I'll give you 54K ha ha.
Rick

DCBDaytona
08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
I quess so. It is exactly what I am looking for. I have been tossing around the idea of a Mach 22 with twins but really want a Mach 26 with 300X's. Still love the wind in my face so staying away from the F26 plus the F's are a lot more $. We bought a housboat on Don Pedro this year so Mach 26 would be perfect. I love the all white look. Having it ride on a triple axle trailer is a bonus. Congratulaions. What a deal. I'll give you 54K ha ha.
Rick
I think a Mach 22 with twins would be PERFECT for DP.

Familycat
08-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I think a Mach 22 with twins would be PERFECT for DP.
I do to. I just don't want to spend the same amount of $ for a 22 as for a 26 and spend more on insurance on a 22. Just my $.02. If I could find a 22 cheap enough I would jump on it but guys are asking a good chunk. Probably worth it but for similar money I will buy a 26.
Rick

DCBDaytona
08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I do to. I just don't want to spend the same amount of $ for a 22 as for a 26 and spend more on insurance on a 22. Just my $.02. If I could find a 22 cheap enough I would jump on it but guys are asking a good chunk. Probably worth it but for similar money I will buy a 26.
Rick
Two completely different boats...it's almost hard to compare the two. On a lake like Don Pedro, I'd think a 26 would get pretty boring. As far as price, you're comparing apples to oranges. Here's the breakdown I see:
2000 Mach 26 - Twin 300PMs, runs 100-103mph, okay acceleration, 500+ hours (possibly new powerheads), rebuilt lowers, etc. $53k.
2000 Mach 22 - Twin 280s, runs 100-115mph, awesome acceleration, 100-150 hours, etc. $50k.
You'd be quite suprised how close the 2000 Mach 22's and 26's were in price back then...close enough to be about 3-5k difference in price today.
Just my $.02

02HoWaRd26
08-21-2007, 10:14 PM
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/6/21300626358000001_1.jpg
So what was the story on this boat it looks pretty good in the pic, I have never been into waka's but i am starting to like them more and more these days. What was it like when Havasucig or whomever had it, and what needs done now, if it is just interior and cleaning, i can handle that if it is Gel I don't get into that and I am too picky

DCBDaytona
08-22-2007, 05:53 AM
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/6/21300626358000001_1.jpg
So what was the story on this boat it looks pretty good in the pic, I have never been into waka's but i am starting to like them more and more these days. What was it like when Havasucig or whomever had it, and what needs done now, if it is just interior and cleaning, i can handle that if it is Gel I don't get into that and I am too picky
I suggest you go take a look for yourself, and more importantly, take it for a test ride. PM me if you'd like specifics.

Sandbar Mike
08-22-2007, 06:46 AM
just bought the boat it is a 2000 mach26 with 300 promaxs. it has the 30p labbed bravos on it. what approx should i see for speed with these props and what is the best top end prop??? oh and bytw, thanks again tony!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/buffguy22/9254New_DCB_005-med.jpg
Congrats on the new boat, very nice ride. Seriously, when you get ready to sell it, look me up.
If I would have seen this on the market a few weeks back I would have bought it.
Enjoy, be safe

Kilrtoy
08-22-2007, 07:00 AM
I suggest you go take a look for yourself, and more importantly, take it for a test ride. PM me if you'd like specifics.
That sounds like some secret Kool Aid stuff

Familycat
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Two completely different boats...it's almost hard to compare the two. On a lake like Don Pedro, I'd think a 26 would get pretty boring. As far as price, you're comparing apples to oranges. Here's the breakdown I see:
2000 Mach 26 - Twin 300PMs, runs 100-103mph, okay acceleration, 500+ hours (possibly new powerheads), rebuilt lowers, etc. $53k.
2000 Mach 22 - Twin 280s, runs 100-115mph, awesome acceleration, 100-150 hours, etc. $50k.
You'd be quite suprised how close the 2000 Mach 22's and 26's were in price back then...close enough to be about 3-5k difference in price today.
Just my $.02
Interesting perspective. Thank for the input. I means a lot.
Rick

dschifan
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Congrats on the new boat, very nice ride. Seriously, when you get ready to sell it, look me up.
If I would have seen this on the market a few weeks back I would have bought it.
Enjoy, be safe
thanks mike, boat is awesome, i bought it from up north and it was not in the trader advertised so i got the first crack at it. last weekend it ran awesome and turned alot of heads, probably holding on to it for a couple years but i'll let ya know other wise:D

dschifan
08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Interesting perspective. Thank for the input. I means a lot.
Rick
hey rick, i don't think you can compare the mach26 to the 22 for a price difference as such. the 26 is such a bigger boat and yes the insurance is double on the 22. i got insured for 1,500 a year with full coverage and no bull sht with me being only 24 years old. my boat has brand new fat shaft lowers, one powerhead with only 27 hours on it, and the other with a couple hundred. i know the boat has more hours but the motors were taken care of as well as the hull and interior and such. it does suck cause the mach 22's are worth that money for sure, but with insurance the way it is and 3 foot havasu chop the way it is:D the 26 runs right over it for the price:D . just my .02

TOBTEK
08-23-2007, 10:48 AM
hey rick, i don't think you can compare the mach26 to the 22 for a price difference as such. the 26 is such a bigger boat and yes the insurance is double on the 22. i got insured for 1,500 a year with full coverage and no bull sht with me being only 24 years old. my boat has brand new fat shaft lowers, one powerhead with only 27 hours on it, and the other with a couple hundred. i know the boat has more hours but the motors were taken care of as well as the hull and interior and such. it does suck cause the mach 22's are worth that money for sure, but with insurance the way it is and 3 foot havasu chop the way it is:D the 26 runs right over it for the price:D . just my .02
having owned both the F26 and Mach22..... Id have another 22 in a second! id love to steal the 22 with single 300 thats advertised for LOW 30 K's and repaint it. Could be a nice cheap Toy. NOTHING is funner than a 22 with twin drag motors! PERIOD. They are the real difinition of "SICK AND WRONG" :)

DCBDaytona
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Agreed, it's hard to compare. In Rick's case, being that he boats at Don Pedro, I truly think a 26 would be pretty boring. But hell, a 26 on Havasu is boring to me!
As far as insurance goes...it depends on many factors. I know many Mach 22 guys paying less than Mach/F-26's with twins. Hell, I even know somebody with his twin 22 insured through Markel who is paying less than you. It's definitely on a case by case basis.

Kilrtoy
08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I truly think a 26 would be pretty boring. But hell, a 26 on Havasu is boring to me!
Hiding in the reeds all day until the sun is almost set and the water is like glass and I can finally make it back on to the lake is pretty boring to me...

DCBDaytona
08-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Hiding in the reeds all day until the sun is almost set and the water is like glass and I can finally make it back on to the lake is pretty boring to me...
Rare Occasion. When the wind in howling, and the white caps are taller than my boat, I tend to hide out for the wind to die down. Seems like common sense to me.:jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Rare Occasion. When the wind in howling, and the white caps are taller than my boat, I tend to hide out for the wind to die down. Seems like common sense to me.:jawdrop:
yeah you are right, those six inches rollers scare me also:D

DCBDaytona
08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah you are right, those six inches rollers scare me also:D
I expect more originality from you...wait, no I don't.;)

dschifan
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Agreed, it's hard to compare. In Rick's case, being that he boats at Don Pedro, I truly think a 26 would be pretty boring. But hell, a 26 on Havasu is boring to me!
As far as insurance goes...it depends on many factors. I know many Mach 22 guys paying less than Mach/F-26's with twins. Hell, I even know somebody with his twin 22 insured through Markel who is paying less than you. It's definitely on a case by case basis.
very true, defintiely agree kevin:D

stoker2001
08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
. NOTHING is funner than a 22 with twin drag motors! PERIOD. They are the real difinition of "SICK AND WRONG" :)
So true
The 22 is a drivers boat and more of a challenge=more fun,even with a single
just my $.02