PDA

View Full Version : 2 Attacked By Rabid Beaver At Loch Raven Reservoir

RitcheyRch
08-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I hate when beavers attack.
http://cbs2.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_229191028.html
A warning from the Baltimore County Health Department following last weekend's attacks on two swimmers by a rabid beaver. A 14-year-old boy and an adult woman were attacked north of Loch Raven Dam while swimming in the reservoir.
"The boy was rescued by his mother. The female swimmer was rescued by her husband and a good Samaritan. In this instance, the 50-pound beaver was killed with a rock. It tested positive for rabies," Rabies Coordinator Gary Thompson tells Richard Sher.
The Baltimore County Health Department reminds you to avoid contact with wildlife if possible, keep your pets up to date on their rabies shots and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs

Kyote
08-17-2007, 04:19 PM
http://cbs2.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_229191028.html
A warning from the Baltimore County Health Department following last weekend's attacks on two swimmers by a rabid beaver. A 14-year-old boy and an adult woman were attacked north of Loch Raven Dam while swimming in the reservoir.
"The boy was rescued by his mother. The female swimmer was rescued by her husband and a good Samaritan. In this instance, the 50-pound beaver was killed with a rock. It tested positive for rabies," Rabies Coordinator Gary Thompson tells Richard Sher.
The Baltimore County Health Department reminds you to avoid contact with wildlife if possible, keep your pets up to date on their rabies shots and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs
So the beaver was killed for swimming in a drinking water reservoir. How harsh.
I enjoy seeing a little beaver now & then!

Schiada76
08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
That happened to me in Telephone Cove on Lake Mohave once.:eek: :eek:
I'm not sure she was rabid though.:idea:

RitcheyRch
08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
But not one with TEETH. :D
So the beaver was killed for swimming in a drinking water reservoir. How harsh.
I enjoy seeing a little beaver now & then!

Schiada76
08-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Jury's still out on that.:D :D

beaverretriever
08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I know what you mean.:D

Lavey29
08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
what is the correct response when you are attacked by a bad beaver? :idea:

Baja Big Dog
08-17-2007, 05:21 PM
what is the correct response when you are attacked by a bad beaver? :idea:
Daddy always told me to knock the teeth out of a beaver before you play with it!!!:D

2Driver
08-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I grew up on that reservoir. Swimming was not allowed but we all did it growing up and skipping high school. The cool place to swim was "the cliffs". Lots of good memories but none of any beavers - well at least not the animal type :D

fatboy95
08-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I know what you mean.:D
I clicked on the tan fanny. I clicked on the tan fanny, I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny
I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on I clicked on the tan fanny,the tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny

centerhill condor
08-17-2007, 07:06 PM
But not one with TEETH. :D
dude, they all have teeth...just a question of if they use them.
CC

RitcheyRch
08-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Good point there. :D
dude, they all have teeth...just a question of if they use them.
CC

boatsnblondes
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
A little attack of the rabid beaver never hurt anyone...just kick back and let nature take it's course.....and hold still, it won't hurt...I promise....:D

Trailer Park Casanova
08-18-2007, 06:47 AM
At nite in Parker, the kids hang out offshore on our anchored boat listening to their Ipods on the boats sound system.
Beavers swim up all nite long and hang out. Real friendly.
Kids feed them crackers.
No problems yet.

Cigalert
08-18-2007, 07:09 AM
At nite in Parker, the kids hang out offshore on our anchored boat listening to their Ipods on the boats sound system.
Kids feed them crackers.
No problems yet.
There you go throwing away perfectly good white kids.

topless
08-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Kids feed them crackers.
No problems yet.I've never seen a beaver at Parker although I've seen some bats.