PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Speed and Marine

TopGun4608
08-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Just wanted to take a second to talk about Absolute. Everyone has a different opinion and everyone likes their own guy but if you need some service done I recommend Aaron at absolute 100%. This is service...
Was out in Havasu all week with my new Conquest and the safe guard alarm would not stop beeping all week. Gauges were reading fine, fluids were great, I could not figure it out to save my life. Aaron has always done all my work on all of my boats so I called him today at the office at 11:45. At 12:15 he was in the channel with his tools and computer to fix my boat! 15 mins later he reset a few codes, made a few quick adjustments and DONE!! I know anyone could have done that and its not that they were the only place that could have fixed my boat, but the fact that 30 mins and he was on the water to fix my new toy. Not "OH sorry to hear your boat is broke, bring it by my shop and Ill fix it next week".
I just think a little service like that goes a LONG way and it is tough to find that kind of work ethic anymore so I thought it should go noticed. There were 4 new boats in the channel with me and these guys were amazed that Aaron did this like it was no big deal.
I know where we are all getting our 20hr service done!

TCN
08-18-2007, 05:41 AM
Aaron and Brian are great. Never got the water treatment but Aaron has got me out of a jam a time or two.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-18-2007, 06:40 AM
They are as good as it gets.
Excellent service.
If anyone is in the market for a Centurion, ya can't beat them for price and customer service.
Centurion backs their dealers too.
It's all good at Absolute Speed and Marine.

voodoomedman
08-18-2007, 07:44 AM
As long as I'm in the area Aaron will always get my business. They always help out their customers in a jam.

USCFAN
08-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Brian and Aaron are good guys, they have gotten me out of a few jams also.

MR HARLEY
08-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Good folks down there at Absolute! :)

GhettoBird
08-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to take a second to talk about Absolute. Everyone has a different opinion and everyone likes their own guy but if you need some service done I recommend Aaron at absolute 100%. This is service...
Was out in Havasu all week with my new Conquest and the safe guard alarm would not stop beeping all week. Gauges were reading fine, fluids were great, I could not figure it out to save my life. Aaron has always done all my work on all of my boats so I called him today at the office at 11:45. At 12:15 he was in the channel with his tools and computer to fix my boat! 15 mins later he reset a few codes, made a few quick adjustments and DONE!! I know anyone could have done that and its not that they were the only place that could have fixed my boat, but the fact that 30 mins and he was on the water to fix my new toy. Not "OH sorry to hear your boat is broke, bring it by my shop and Ill fix it next week".
I just think a little service like that goes a LONG way and it is tough to find that kind of work ethic anymore so I thought it should go noticed. There were 4 new boats in the channel with me and these guys were amazed that Aaron did this like it was no big deal.
I know where we are all getting our 20hr service done!
I was there when Aaron showed up. He'll be gettin my business from now on too. Nice meetin you Mikey.
Mike

louispinkcafe
08-18-2007, 11:54 AM
did these guys pay you to say this.they must have.if this is the best repair shop in havasu the rest must be pretty bad.i took my boat there just detailed the engine compartment.when i got it back oil everywhere screws left loose extra screws left on floor interior dirty.that was the first time.i did not learn.went back the second time they worked on the boat they left the engine cover loose.they changed the fluids i think.they left the cap off the drive bottle off so when they test drove the boat oil went everywhere.the funny thing was i was there when they brought the boat back to there shop so they had i guy start to clean the engine compartment up then one of the other helpers came to help he was drinking coffee and as he was getting into the boat spilled the coffee in the interior.i asked ***boat peeps on this forum what shop in havasu was the best
some said a.s.m i think not.i took my boat there on recomondations from this forum.not blaming anyone on this forum.by the way my boat was never finished
completely.anybody know hows second best.mr a. and mr b. might be ok but the
monkeys in the back working are loosers for that company.very dissapointed.

08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
did these guys pay you to say this.they must have.if this is the best repair shop in havasu the rest must be pretty bad.i took my boat there just detailed the engine compartment.when i got it back oil everywhere screws left loose extra screws left on floor interior dirty.that was the first time.i did not learn.went back the second time they worked on the boat they left the engine cover loose.they changed the fluids i think.they left the cap off the drive bottle off so when they test drove the boat oil went everywhere.the funny thing was i was there when they brought the boat back to there shop so they had i guy start to clean the engine compartment up then one of the other helpers came to help he was drinking coffee and as he was getting into the boat spilled the coffee in the interior.i asked ***boat peeps on this forum what shop in havasu was the best
some said a.s.m i think not.i took my boat there on recomondations from this forum.not blaming anyone on this forum.by the way my boat was never finished
Also had a bad experience guess you have to be tight with the group for
great service

djunkie
08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
great service
Exactly. I think its this way with most of the repair shops in Havasu. I had the water pump go out on my boat. I stopped over at Absolute and they wanted nothing to do with me. First I had to wait for them to finish their lunch before anyone would even help me. They knew I was there. They sat there and stared at me while I stood at the counter for over 15 minutes before someone finally yelled "hey you need some help?" When I showed him the pump he said, "nope don't have one and good luck finding one" then just walked away. If their so standup I would think maybe they'd at least refer someone or make a call to find one.
Soooooooo. I drive over to Savage. They had one. They wanted over $400 for it. I thought that was just nuts so I called my normal repair guy here in Ca. and he agreed. So he called Savage (I guess he knows the folks over there) and after that the pump suddenly became $200. :idea: :idea: :idea:

voodoomedman
08-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Kinda funny that it's a new guy with a few posts saying this. Not knocking on new people but this same story comes up from some new guy in every thread about Absolute and I seem to remember the HavasuMobile guy getting caught red handed as being somebody that has had some unethical dealings and then saying stuff about other shops. hmmmmmmm.
great service
I'm just a regular guy that most people on here don't know me besides the computer and I'm not exactly in the in-crowd here anyways. I have a 496 Mag and they have always taken care of me and been honest.
Exactly. I think its this way with most of the repair shops in Havasu. I had the water pump go out on my boat. I stopped over at Absolute and they wanted nothing to do with me. First I had to wait for them to finish their lunch before anyone would even help me. They knew I was there. They sat there and stared at me while I stood at the counter for over 15 minutes before someone finally yelled "hey you need some help?" When I showed him the pump he said, "nope don't have one and good luck finding one" then just walked away. If their so standup I would think maybe they'd at least refer someone or make a call to find one.
Soooooooo. I drive over to Savage. They had one. They wanted over $400 for it. I thought that was just nuts so I called my normal repair guy here in Ca. and he agreed. So he called Savage (I guess he knows the folks over there) and after that the pump suddenly became $200. :idea: :idea: :idea:
That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. No matter how good a company there are always horror stories and people screw up. I've personally only dealt with Aaron and Brian and have had great service. I will say that when Brian rings things up it seems to be a little more expensive but he's probably going by the book and the boss is being generous to earn repeat business. Besides both have helped out numerous times without charge and I take free shirts all the time. Anyways, the point is that maybe you were just dealing with shop help and not Aaron or Brian. I understand that sucks though because anybody representing the company should be awesome to deal with but until that gets worked out see the top dogs.

djunkie
08-18-2007, 01:12 PM
That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. No matter how good a company there are always horror stories and people screw up. I've personally only dealt with Aaron and Brian and have had great service. I will say that when Brian rings things up it seems to be a little more expensive but he's probably going by the book and the boss is being generous to earn repeat business. Besides both have helped out numerous times without charge and I take free shirts all the time. Anyways, the point is that maybe you were just dealing with shop help and not Aaron or Brian. I understand that sucks though because anybody representing the company should be awesome to deal with but until that gets worked out see the top dogs.
I was dealing with Aaron.... I'm sure he was very busy though. There did seem to be a lot of food on the table for lunch.:rolleyes: As for the overpricing, that was at Savage not Absolute.
I'm in no way trying to tell people not to go to any of these shops. Its obvious that a lot of people have had good luck with them but I'm just trying to point out the fact that its not 100% of the time. If need be I will try and use them again, but I will try other avenues first.

voodoomedman
08-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I was dealing with Aaron.... I'm sure he was very busy though. There did seem to be a lot of food on the table for lunch.:rolleyes: As for the overpricing, that was at Savage not Absolute.
I'm in no way trying to tell people not to go to any of these shops. Its obvious that a lot of people have had good luck with them but I'm just trying to point out the fact that its not 100% of the time. If need be I will try and use them again, but I will try other avenues first.
Fair enough. You were giving an honest account of a situation. I just thought it was possible to be someone else helping. I usually get a good idea of service because of my age. Well at least in the past anyway. I'm 27 which is still young but when I was even a few years younger and looking at expensive boats and such or even other completely different industries you get folk who ignore you or treat you like crap because they think you can't afford it or your just a dumb kid or whatever. I like it though. It makes it very easy for me to figure out who gets my hard earned dollars.

dicudmore
08-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I've never personally had a bad experience with absolute speed and marine. Aaron and Brian are very dedicated to what they do, and very good at it...
go out of their way to help people with "emergency" repairs time and time again, sometimes I think they need to learn to say no :wink: for the sake of completing jobs that are already in progress...as mentioned already, they do have some new "help" (maybe hindrance would be more accurate??) that needs some refinement.
Dean at DWB motorsports on Kiowa is a very good mechanic, but he's hard to locate at times :wink: He's done work for me several times over the years, no issues, always clean.
AJ and crew at Savage Marine are great peoples. The young lady at the counter in there has a beautiful smile and always a good story to tell :D Friday night of memorial weekend last year they bailed me out HUGE. Had blown a drive on my Ultra, the repaired unit arrived at their shop 4:30 or so friday night. I was still at work in Vegas, the kilrtoys grabbed my boat out of storage, dragged it down there and they got the drive on for me so I could be on the water for the "big weekend." First class all the way :cool:
The past year or so, based on recommendations from the people at Cobra boats I've used Prestige Marine for my boat, and friends stuff. Great people, very thorough and clean workmanship, very helpful. Clean shop and reception/office area--top notch operation for sure. Can't thank them enough for all the help and the support they give to the ***boat community. I don't even want to know what Chris' bar tab was sat night at the "Cobra fun in the sun" weekend but it had to hurt, he was buying drinks for EVERYBODY :D Jen needs a pay raise though :D
There are several more, but thats a pretty good start to the list :D

OGShocker
08-18-2007, 01:32 PM
HH is the best guy in the whole world!

djunkie
08-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Maybe HH can make this a "stickey"?;)
Then delete my negative posts. :jawdrop: :D :D

DCBDaytona
08-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Savage, Absolute and Prestige are all top notch!

OGShocker
08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Then delete my negative posts. :jawdrop: :D :D
Lunch Wednesday?

djunkie
08-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Lunch Wednesday?
Sure. :D

OGShocker
08-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Sure. :D
You, piper, peter and me. Your turn to buy...:D
Sorry for the jackin thing..:D

Havasu Hangin'
08-18-2007, 01:51 PM
HH is the best guy in the whole world!
Thanks, but I'm straight.
Please make a note of it.

OGShocker
08-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks, but I'm straight.
Please make a note of it.
Midget.:rolleyes:

djunkie
08-18-2007, 01:58 PM
You, piper, peter and me. Your turn to buy...:D
Sorry for the jackin thing..:D
Doh!!!!!!!!! 1 bean and cheese burrito for each person it is. :D :D

Pussywhippled
08-18-2007, 01:58 PM
See all of this drama...
I learned my lessons trying to use others for my boat and engine work.
And people think I'm crazy cause I make the drive all the way to Tucson from So Cal.

woody56
08-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Doh!!!!!!!!! 1 bean and cheese burrito for each person it is. :D :D
If I was going you would be moving back in with your mom!!!!!:D :D :D

djunkie
08-18-2007, 02:09 PM
If I was going you would be moving back in with your mom!!!!!:D :D :D
If you were going I'd flake. :jawdrop: :D :D

HavasuHome
08-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Arron and Brian are great guys. We have used them exclusively for all three of our boats over the years. We will not take our current boat to anyone else. Yes, we have had friends who had some problems but Absolute fixed them right away.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Friends pick-up pump went south on a 4th of July Weekend, and they knocked it out at a reasonable price with a full house of work waiting.

Havasu1986
08-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Garys Auto and Marine has never let me down. He comes to the house and picks up the boat or tow vehicle, services it and puts it back. Very painless.:)

louispinkcafe
08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
hey voodoo man are you one of the monkeys ? been watching the boards for a long time.just never logged in.been around and had boats my whole life.this is what happened to me and others at this shop.i hope you did not recommend these guys to me.

6 Dollar Boat
08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Aaron??? Oh ya I need to call that guy when I'm done with this MARGAITA...I will need another service soooon...

voodoomedman
08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
hey voodoo man are you one of the monkeys ? been watching the boards for a long time.just never logged in.been around and had boats my whole life.this is what happened to me and others at this shop.i hope you did not recommend these guys to me.
OOh ooh eeh eeh ahh ahh. Mmmmmmmm bananas.
Read this thread. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158532&highlight=absolute+speed
Story is just too close to hondodudes and Pvhca who I think ended up being the same guy basically the story that I posted earlier. Just seems to follow the same M.O. And they were banned when found out and then your join date is only a month later. Just seems suspicious is all. If your legitimate the n my sincerest apologies. I think what happened to Djunkie sucked and I said so. But he is a bit more credible so I believe wholeheartedly what he is saying. I will still go to ASM as from my experience they are top notch.

cc322
08-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Read this thread. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158532&highlight=absolute+speed
Story is just too close to hondodudes and Pvhca who I think ended up being the same guy basically the story that I posted earlier. Just seems to follow the same M.O. And they were banned when found out and then your join date is only a month later. Just seems suspicious is all. If your legitimate the n my sincerest apologies. I think what happened to Djunkie sucked and I said so. But he is a bit more credible so I believe wholeheartedly what he is saying. I will still go to ASM as from my experience they are top notch.
Make you wonder dosent it???????????????

purrfecttremor
08-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I call BULL SHIT...Ive used absolute many times and yes thet focked up once but who doesnt.The main thing is they fixed the error in a hurry. Stand up people. :D

Ultrafied
08-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Absolute has been great for me. Arron took care of me twice now and they have been great about getting me in and out. Sure wish your experiences had been as good as mine, louispinkcafe.

PaPaG
08-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I have used Absolute for over 2 full seasons now. Brian and Aaron are great, if you tell them or they know you are on vacation and people are counting on you to get your boat ready in time they push it through and have it ready even if they stay late....I had a real bad fuel issue that was driving me nuts and they did what needed to do and got me out of there in under a day and a half (while swamped with other boats)...They even tested it on the lake to make sure they got rid of the problem...and they sure did...got me GPS'ed 11-13mph better top end along with a much quicker response throughout the RPM range due to the repairs......
All I can say is Thanks Brian, Thanks Aaron you guys are great...

One Particular Harbor
08-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I am not part of the "in" crowd and I don't know Aaron or Brian personally, though I have met both on several occasions in the shop.
However, we only use Absolute for our services needs. We are completing our fourth season with Absolute and their work has always been done right and on time. They also do the little things, like topping off the batteries before putting the boat back in storage.
I don't think it's a matter of who you know, so much as how you work with the various vendors in Havasu. I, for one, really appreciate how much they help me to get things done and keep my boat on the water.
This past week, Absolute serviced our boat and then coordinated with both Frank at Car Toyz for a stereo repair and Doug at Full Throttle Detail. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the local shops working together and coordinating schedules. It really makes our lives easier and, with only a couple of phone calls from Orange County, I was able to get the boat serviced, stereo repaired and boat detailed, all before we arrive back in Havasu this coming Friday.
In my book, this is great service and it helps ensure that every minute I am in Havasu is spent on the water with the family.
In return, I try to give each of these vendors sufficient time and notice to get the work done. If it's going to be two weeks before I return to Havasu, I give Absolute the full two weeks to get the job done. Similarly, I am always grateful for their work and for helping with the little things like hanging on to my keys, getting the boat in and out of storage, passing my keys along to another vendor, etc. I am, I hope, always pleasant and patient and I pay on time.
Bottom line, I think if you treat them well and understand their needs, they'll do the same for you.
OPH

That Guy
08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
:idea: :idea: :idea:
I (like many others) have only gotten great service from Brian and Aaron...great customer service at a fair price....I agree the story above looks very similar.....:idea:

Classic Daycruiser
08-19-2007, 09:01 AM
If a company stocks a part and can install it the same day in Lake havasu on a summer weekend, your getting a deal if your only spending an extra two hunderd.
If you have to wait a couple days for the part, then I'd be upset for paying the extra.
My rate on a weekend is $600 an hour on Saturday, and $900 on Sunday. I don't work on boats, but if I did, Saturdays would be shop rate x 1.5, and Sundays would be shop rate x 2.0 (thats my rate, not what i take home)
It is really hard to keep a good talented individual working on a weekend, without proper compensation. And stocking every common part need on a boat can be a costly inventory to manage.

djunkie
08-19-2007, 09:05 AM
If a company stocks a part and can install it the same day in Lake havasu on a summer weekend, your getting a deal if your only spending an extra two hunderd.
If you have to wait a couple days for the part, then I'd be upset for paying the extra.
My rate on a weekend is $600 an hour on Saturday, and $900 on Sunday. I don't work on boats, but if I did, Saturdays would be shop rate x 1.5, and Sundays would be shop rate x 2.0 (thats my rate, not what i take home)
It is really hard to keep a good talented individual working on a weekend, without proper compensation. And stocking every common part need on a boat can be a costly inventory to manage.
I was installing the new pump myself. I had the old one in my hand inside Aarons shop. All I'm trying to say is he was less than helpful to me.

That Guy
08-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I was installing the new pump myself. I had the old one in my hand inside Aarons shop. All I'm trying to say is he was less than helpful to me.
You should really go and talk to him and tell him what happened...my guess is that he would work very hard to make it right.....if that doesn't work, use my name...I'm part of the "in" crowd...:D :D :D
That<<<<<<so not part of the in crowd>>>>>>>Guy:D :D

djunkie
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
You should really go and talk to him and tell him what happened...my guess is that he would work very hard to make it right.....if that doesn't work, use my name...I'm part of the "in" crowd...:D :D :D
That<<<<<<so not part of the in crowd>>>>>>>Guy:D :D
I doubt I'll ever be back over there unless I'm in a bind. I work on my own boat so rarely do I bring it into a shop. When I do need a shops assistance I bring it home to my mechanic here in Cali. Damm man, all I wanted was a freakin water pump. Or a referral to a place that might have one. Not just a shrug on the shoulders and a "good luck". :rolleyes: :D :D

Froggystyle
08-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Not to get into the drama here, but Aaron and Brian at Absolute have been amazing for my company.
We take a lot of pride in the fit and finish of our boats, and knowing how they are built, they spend an equal amount of time making sure that ALL of the maintenance, repair and customer service they provide is up to the factoy level. Not easy to do. They have bent over backwards to help us troubleshoot what turned out to be a bad battery charger and get our client back on the water. Before he knew me personally, Aaron let us borrow a prop to test while tuning the 550 boat with zero drama.
Without getting too into it, they have been a solid extended member of my team, and are invaluable to have in Havasu where we primarily boat and where some of my clients live. Aaron has given my clients his cell number in case something pops up and needs attention, and has come in early on holiday weekends to make sure that my folks were able to beat the rush on a simple tuning issue to get on the water.
Two thumbs up... big time. They are my first call in the event of any mechanical situation, and have proven themselves to me to be a class act in every way possible. Thanks guys...
Wes

BadKachina
08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
I call BULL SHIT...Ive used absolute many times and yes thet focked up once but who doesnt.The main thing is they fixed the error in a hurry. Stand up people. :D
How you treat your customers in the end is what matters IMO. Everybody makes mistakes, some mistakes are out of your control. Standing behind your work and product is what keeps customers coming back.

N2dezracer
08-19-2007, 04:37 PM
wow, i actually logged on today to tell my story about absolute, and then i find this thread. although now im scared i will be banned if i speak my opinion.
and yes, i am very seldom seen here and only voice my opinion when absolutley neccasary.
so here goes last week i was in havasu and called asm to get my boat serviced(22 eagle xp) i spoke with sheryle and she set up a time for the next day which was perfect, i wasnt expecting to get it done so soon anyways i dropped it off the next day everything was good they said it would be done at noon. at 11:45 i got the call, again perfect i was happy. when i got to the shop the bill was a little more than quoted but not a problem i usually dont care as long as the work is done right. after paying i had a couple questions about some future upgrades(whipple,trim tabs,exhaust)basically prices and concerns it was then i got the feeling that my little boat was of no interest to themanyways after the brief conversation(very brief) i asked where to pick up the boat since i dropped it off in frontno one knew where it was then i was ignored and they went to the back shop. so i pull around back to see my boat parked up against a pile of rocks in a dirt lot. at that time i wasnt to happy but again, i understand space issues with business(i run a service dept myself with m/c and watercraft)but after closer inspection seeing a 4x4 block of wood laying on my fender and oily hand prints on the side and interior i was pissed meanwhile no one came outback to help or (deliver)my boat to me and i was not in the talking mood by that point i just hooked up my boat and left, but thats not the best part. since my place is in parker i stopped for gas on the way back and when i pulled in i noticed my left rear tire on my trailer was flat(remember rockpile!)so after finding a tire shop and seeing the gash in the tire i figured it best that i didnt call them until my temper calmed.
so i hope nobody takes this as bashing, but i just would like some input on if this is what im supposed to expect from this place or did just have a bad experience. i know i am rambling at this point but at my dealership if this were to happen my job would be in jepordy. so thanks in advance for listening to my whining believe me its not what i normally do because i hate when people do it to me.

louispinkcafe
08-19-2007, 08:24 PM
what a joke.whats a joke is there work.i was a new customer and if this is how they treat there new customers i guess they do not need anymore business.for
everybody saying everyone makes mistakes i agree.i left several messages with
brain with no calls back.i just left the boat there and told them what i needed.
brian made a list but is was never completed.i did not really even ask how much just paid the bill.one of the guys there said savage marine sucks but
who should i believe.maybe i will try savage it cant be any worse.talk to you latter vodoo.
PS DID YOU THINK MAYBE THE STORY WAS TRUE BECAUSE IT REALLY HAPPENS.

pvhca
08-20-2007, 07:18 AM
HEY VOODOOMEDMAN, this is PVHCA in case you haven't figuered that out by now, NO I AM not hondodudes, obviously aaron and brian have treated you with respect and given you quality service but there is no need to bash myself or anyone else who bashes A.S.M. I can go on for ever about their horrible service and lack of customer service, my issues with them have been going on since 2003-2004 when they rebuilt the engine on my boat, i finally had a real mechanic find out that the compression was low on 5 of the eight cylinders, the engine since rebuild has under 30 hours on it and of that 10 hours are from test runs at your idols shop, i can send you the bill for being charged for ten hours of lake test time, oh did I mention Aaron warrantied the engine but never stood behined the warranty, any way I will never use them again but if you've had great service than cool but until you get screwed by someone as bad as A.S.M. has screwed others on this forum keep the bashing to yourself, no one like myself wants to hear your praise for thiefs. Oh by the way my name is Phil I'm not afraid to hide behind my initials and my large group of boating friends can verify the B.S. that my family and I have endured over the last three summers with trusting A.S.M. to do the right thing and warranty the engine, Aaron was just in over his head on my job.

voodoomedman
08-20-2007, 07:51 AM
PVHCA,
I have seen some other posts of yours and see that you have even posted your phone # and you are in Upland. For your screenname getting mentioned I am sorry. I have not been able to say the same about Pink Louie. He shows he is in Havasu and that is about it. Something still smells fishy. Of course I could be wrong, but he has not proven otherwise and has just been nasty in the way he talks. I respect you calling me out in a civilized manner. Yes I have been treated well by ASM. Your situation obviously sucks... I'm not a nutswinger for ASM. Basically there have been a few people that come on here and try and pull the wool over everybody's eyes and that is wrong. If somebody is bashing a business for personal gain that is completely wrong. Some people never say anything good about anybody or any business but when they get the chance to say somebody sucks then they are all over it like stink on $hit not realizing that they may be hurting somebody's livelihood. Explaining your situation in truth and detail to warn others from making the same costly mistake is all cool with me. I will continue to say that "I" have had stellar service from ASM and reccomend them because I have and most people say that they have. There will always be a few that won't. That's with any business. If I ever do get screwed by them then I will eat crow, remember your warnings and take my boat to Savage or Prestige. But I don't feel that will happen or I'd have done it already. Once again, sorry you were brought into it in the manner you were.
HEY VOODOOMEDMAN, this is PVHCA in case you haven't figuered that out by now, NO I AM not hondodudes, obviously aaron and brian have treated you with respect and given you quality service but there is no need to bash myself or anyone else who bashes A.S.M. I can go on for ever about their horrible service and lack of customer service, my issues with them have been going on since 2003-2004 when they rebuilt the engine on my boat, i finally had a real mechanic find out that the compression was low on 5 of the eight cylinders, the engine since rebuild has under 30 hours on it and of that 10 hours are from test runs at your idols shop, i can send you the bill for being charged for ten hours of lake test time, oh did I mention Aaron warrantied the engine but never stood behined the warranty, any way I will never use them again but if you've had great service than cool but until you get screwed by someone as bad as A.S.M. has screwed others on this forum keep the bashing to yourself, no one like myself wants to hear your praise for thiefs. Oh by the way my name is Phil I'm not afraid to hide behind my initials and my large group of boating friends can verify the B.S. that my family and I have endured over the last three summers with trusting A.S.M. to do the right thing and warranty the engine, Aaron was just in over his head on my job.

Havasu Luvr
08-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I have been on these boards for a long time and enjoy reading about all the BS and Drama. ASM seems to be a stand up establishment and many peeps have been afforded great customer service and repairs. I for one never had such luck. My story start a few years back when I was running with Jay (Photoglou) on a weekend. That particular morning I got a master alarm indicating over heating. I pulled out and took the boat up to my place.. My sons and I started to pull the pump and I had Mrs. HL start calling all the marine shops for price and availability of the pump. ASM was $30 more then any other marine shop for the same pump but I told the Mrs. that I wanted to use ASM to break the ice and start a relationship that many other family boater have done. ASM had the part and installed the vain pump into the housing for me which was cool of them (@ $115.00). and then Arron's wife precedes to tell me they could have done the whole job for $250.00. MY boys and me went back and re-installed the pump housing and we were in business that afternoon... cool. The beginning of the next season I was having performance problems and after many of you HB's telling me to first do the fuel filters I decided to have them changed out. The same day I read on these boards that a fellow member had the smae issues and drive his boat to ASM and Arron changes all his filters while parked on the street. I call Brian and tell him about my issues and what I wanted done and that I am a HB member and have read about all the other great customer service they are giving other members (YES ! ! PR kissing arsss) and he precedes to tell me no can do and I would be at least 2 wks out. Of course I said WHAT ??? needless to say ASM did not and has not recieved any of my hard earned $$$$ It is either taken back to Shockwave or done myself. Since then I have met up with Arron in the channel and expressed my situation to him and he was very suprised to hear of my encounter. I am glad that meny of you have experienced great CS through ASM. I guess there is just a few of us that it was never meant to be...lol

That Guy
08-20-2007, 08:49 AM
It would seem that the plot thickens...most of these newbies use very similar punctuation and grammar or lack thereof.....:idea: :idea:

pvhca
08-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Didn't mean to vent on u I enjoy reading all HB peeps stories, just going through what my family and I have was awful, I don't enjoy controversy but do like jawing with the best, I am a business owner myself for the last 12 years and I know all about C.S. and keeping your word to your customers I guess that's why I am so upset with A.S.M., being lied to is the worst thing when u trust someone.
Hope to see guy's like u who are stand up on the river some day we are usually up at Moabi

Havasu Luvr
08-20-2007, 09:31 AM
It would seem that the plot thickens...most of these newbies use very similar punctuation and grammar or lack thereof.....:idea: :idea:
LMAO, quite reading between the lines.....:D

dunaholic
08-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I have mixed feelings on them......They really scewed up on the whole customer service thing with me. I was told that my boat would be ready on Friday. I get the first call in the morning that the boat would be ready at noon or so. So I make the drive into Havasu (I stay at the Springs) and the boat isn't done. No biggie I say I will go visit some folks around town and be back in a couple of hours. Get back in a couple of hours and the boat is still not done. Now I'm getting a little irritated. So I go to grap a bite to eat and return in about another hour. fast forward to about 4:00 in the afternoon. I sit in their showroom for an hour. Nobody will even talk to me. Yes, I am being completely ignored. It was nicely air conditioned though so it was an uncomfortable wait. After the hour of being ignored I finally go to Brian who I was very sure to tell in a calm manner that I was not happy and that I could have just stayed home all day instead of waiting around Havasu. I never raised my voice and never used a curse word. I said "I hope your going to take care of me a little on the bill for the incovenience".. Brian kinda had a smirk on his face which now has pushed me over the edge and I ask him if I had said something funny. He said "No".... So I say "I am just going to go back to the pad, and I would like my boat delivered to me that evening. He said "the boat will be there tonight, we are going to stay until it gets done". So I leave. I get a message from the receptionist (sheryl I believe) about two hours later as she wants to discuss the bill. So I call her back and she begins to tell me what the bill is and not one penny had been take off for the wasted day. Her exact quote was "well, we are washing your boat", I laughed at this point and ask "that's supposed to make me feel better?" to which her reply was "yes". I then told her "well I am not happy and I will not be reffering any business to them if this how their customer service is". At that point she says "really, we are the best shop in the area and your unhappy about not having your boat on time so your not going to reffer anyone" to which I said "correct". She said "I m sorry you feel that way". I didn't raise my voice nor did I use a curse word at any time during the conversation. I hung op the phone after I had confirmed that my boat would still be delivered to me. Ok, everything is cool right?........WRONG!!!!
Not ten minutes after I hung up the phone my phone is ringing again with a very angry Aaron on the other line. Here is the conversation we had.
A: "So you're so pissed off that we are 7 hours late with your boat that you won't be reffering any business to us?"
me: "It's not 7 hours Aaron, you have had my boat for two weeks."
A: "so talk bad to my wife because you're pissed off?"
me: "Whoa brother!!! I didn't even raise my voice to your wife (I guess the receptionist is his wife) or use a curse word toward her in any way shape or form."
A: "Well that's really to bad that you think we have done a bad job."
me: "I don't think you have done a bad job, but your customer service is very lacking. By the way, did you know that I sat in your showroom for over an hour and was ignored?"
A: "No I didn't know that, but if you're this unhappy I am not going to deliver your boat to you tonight because I don't think you will honor your check. You will need to bring in cash in the morning."
me: "You have got to be kidding me. I am not arguing that you did the work and I have never run from a payment in my life and I am not about to looking over my shoulder everyday at the lake because I stopped payment on a check, I don't need the stress when I am on vacation."
A: "Fine I will have Brain deliver the boat."
me: "Thank you very much, goodbye."
Now mind you I still have not really gotten out of line at anybody at ASM, I kept my cool and remembered the old saying that you catch more flys with honey that you do vinegar.
Fast forward to 7PM.
Fast Forward to 8PM
Fast forward to 9PM
Still no boat and now they aren't aswering their phones....Shocker!!
Finally the boat is delivered to me at 10PM. Brian does not have a whole lot to say to me as is to be expected. So I write the check and we unhook the boat. I look into the boat and ask where my keys are. He says there weren't any in it and that they had to hot wire the boat to get it started. I say "no, I know you had a set of keys because you needed them to unlock the tongue lock to move the boat when you picked it up two weeks ago". So he gets on the phone with the shop to confirm that there are a set of keys still at the shop. He says " I will be right back". I say "forget about it Brain it's late and I am done dealing with this tonight, I will have someone pick them up in the morning from your shop as I have an extra set here at the house...It's late and you probably have family to get home to".
So it's all over right?.........WRONG!!!
I had them put hydraulic steering on the boat and replace the Gimble ring. I launch the boat in the morning and before I get to the marina, one of the hydraulic lines burst at the fittling. I can't figure out why my steering is not working. I limp in to a slip and find fluid all over the place in my engine compartment. So I try to call and of course no answer at ASM so i leave a message. I go to the boat shop in the springs and they tell me that NAPA in Parker can make one for me. So I go to NAPA and have a line made and we are on the water at about 2PM on Saturday. I finally get to enjoy the boat for few hours. I get a call back from someone at ASM (not Brain or Aaron) on Monday asking me what had happened. I didn't even return the call.
Now I understand that shit happens, but don't take your customer for granted and ignore them when they have concerns. I will say hats off to them for following through with the delivery of boat so late at night. I was very gracious and thanked Brain profusely for doing so. So the jury is still out on ASM for me. The qulity of the work was great, but the customer serviced sucked. At least for me.

That Guy
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
LMAO, quite reading between the lines.....:D
I figured it was getting boring in here....since we haven't had much drama lately........:D :D :D

pvhca
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I ranted a few times about A.S.M. on this forum, I can say one thing positive about them though, Cheryl, Aaron's wife in my situation did seem concerned about the lack of customer service and also the other lady that works there she seems concerned as well, however Aaron and Brian "Serta Sleep Walker" do have one amazing characteristic, they actually can make you believe they give a "SH-T" about you and your boat, when they actually don't. As I said earlier my engine was rebuilt by Aaron 3 years back, as we speak my engine is being properly built by B & G Racing and as I was told by the mechanic there, ya this thing was worked on but never rebuilt, No machine work was done at all, I'm no mechanic but thats probaly why the compression was shot on 5 of 8 cylinders with only 30 hours since Aaron touched it. Any way I feel very sorry for all affected by A.S.M. but as I've stated before I'll never darken their doorway again.

louispinkcafe
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
just because your not along time h.b member or logged in to this web site for a long time does not mean you do not know anything about boats and good business
practices.wow.i was brought up with boats.my father built custom wood boats
from 25 feet to 120 feet out of wood in the sixties.i restore classic cars and boats.sometimes i do not have time to work on my own stuff.boats we have had
glasspar/skipjack.carrera/howard/donzi and eliminator.yea voodooman im a newbee just to this site.oh i look at o.s.o and some others but not members of
them.i just need a good shop that repairs boats like they say they will.no
lip service.hey does pep boys repair boats.if i sell my boat on ***boat will it sell
better if i said it was serviced at you know who or should i keep it a secret.:confused: i am not bashing just telling the truth.one thing they do have is a very clean shop and very nice boats there.i was very impressed with the kind of boats they had there.it made me feel good to leave my boat there.i was tricked.

25Elmn8r
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
All I have to say is I will use ANY other shop in Havasu before going back to ASM.
DJ

That Guy
08-20-2007, 10:42 PM
All I have to say is I will use ANY other shop in Havasu before going back to ASM.
DJ
...and I won't use any shop other than Absolute...so I guess it is a draw...:D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Same here...

sigepmock
08-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I have had great service from the Brian and everyone else at ASM. They've gone above and beyond everytime I've been there. The thing I try and remember is that if they seem really busy chances are they're helping out another hot boater who really needs it so I don't mind so much. Anytime I have had a real emergency they have jumped on it.
The only complaint I have is that I got the boat back once with a few fingerprints on the bimini cover......:eek: took me all of 5 min to clean :D and I really didn't mind considering they did some major warranty work in two days to allow me and my family to go on a week long vacation with the boat up north. Any other shop, it would have been a minimum two weeks and we would have not had the boat for our vacation.
Like I said...I have had great service from everyone at ASM and plan on using them anytime I need service.
Just my $.02,
Chris Mock

25Elmn8r
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm glad you guys get good service from them. Unfortunately I didn't. Just to be clear, I hope they continue to be successful at what they do.

Havasu1986
08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I have had great service from the Brian and everyone else at ASM. They've gone above and beyond everytime I've been there. The thing I try and remember is that if they seem really busy chances are they're helping out another hot boater who really needs it so I don't mind so much. Anytime I have had a real emergency they have jumped on it.
The only complaint I have is that I got the boat back once with a few fingerprints on the bimini cover......:eek: took me all of 5 min to clean :D and I really didn't mind considering they did some major warranty work in two days to allow me and my family to go on a week long vacation with the boat up north. Any other shop, it would have been a minimum two weeks and we would have not had the boat for our vacation.
Like I said...I have had great service from everyone at ASM and plan on using them anytime I need service.
Just my $.02,
Chris Mock
Whenever I have a problem with my boat or Tahoe. Garys gets me in right away. Probably because we have been a very loyal customer for about 6 years now. ;)

Havasu1986
08-21-2007, 03:45 PM
The thing to remember is that there's a lot of good shop in Havasu, all busy, all with their own group of loyal customers. There's plenty of business to go around and I'm sure that ASM doesn't want everybody and every boat knocking on their door. Being overwhelmed with business would lead to more complaints, not less.
This is very true. I see Gary maybe only 1-2 times a year because he comes to the house to pick up and return. And he always remembers my wifes and my first name. :) Well Bobby isn't that hard. :D