PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever take a 90 year old Grandmother in a V-Drive???

DansBlown1973Nordic
08-19-2007, 02:24 AM
I took my Nordic with me on vacation. After about five years I talked my 90 year old grandmother into going for a ride. She was fine till I really stood on it....:eek:
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2007/post-14597-1187519209_thumb.jpg

snake321
08-19-2007, 04:49 AM
took Gram in the vette with the tops off. She never said anything about it but I know she liked it.

Hallett
08-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Took my mom to long beach boat races last weekend she loved it.
she is 72 even liked my friends there.:eek: :eek: :eek:

rrrr
08-19-2007, 07:05 AM
This is from last summer......:D :D
We took the Howard out yesterday afternoon.....
Our friend Kristin's mom was in town, visiting from Denver. Mom isn't your regular 62 year old, she rode Harleys with a MC club back in the day.....
So when she climbed in and I fired it up, she grinned like a kid. First thing she noticed was the smell of 105 octane burning, then she said "I LOVE the way this thing idles. You got a big cam in it?" :D :D
Kristin and her boyfriend were along for the ride, first time I've had a full house in that boat. We cruised around going about 50 or so until I found some good water, then I opened it up for mom. We got up in the low 70's (using my cheek flap speedometer :D) and she was hootin' and laughing like it was a carnival ride.....even got a few bug splats on her...... :D
Had a damn good time!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

Hallett
08-19-2007, 09:51 AM
This is from last summer......:D :DThat's great what a cool story rrrr. heck just because someone is old in age they don't have to act like it:D

vdrivedenis
08-19-2007, 01:32 PM
:jawdrop: When I was 21 I lived at a orange orchard. I built a dune buggy with a Buick in it and screamed around the ranch often. I asked the old ranch owner (who looked like the farmer on Post magazine) if he wanted to go for a ride and he said only if he drove. Pay back from the elders is a bitch-I never let him drive again!! That ride is etched into my memory.