PDA

View Full Version : Races at Aha last nite

Red Rocket
08-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Did anyone get any pics of the new player out there yesterday? :D

TRG
08-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Who was out there last night??
i thought everyone was heading out to yuma this weekend?

cyclone
08-19-2007, 04:41 PM
i heard the jig is up and Harris has unleashed the beast he's been covertly building since last year. Heard he went deep and the broke it off sideways in Mike D. Any truth to that rumor mr engine builder??:D

Johnwithjm
08-19-2007, 05:13 PM
i heard the jig is up and Harris has unleashed the beast he's been covertly building since last year. Heard he went deep and the broke it off sideways in Mike D. Any truth to that rumor mr engine builder??:D
I was at AHA last night and I know what went on but I will let Mike D tell the story. What I will say is GOLD CUP has a new player:D

Red Rocket
08-19-2007, 05:36 PM
They were caught pretty off guard, but for all the trouble we had finishing it, it ran pretty hard for first time out. We actually finished it at the river about 3 hours before he raced Mike. It had 4 test passes at Harris' house 1 hardware change and off to the races. Breaking it off sideways:eek: might be a little harsh, but funny.:D We will be putting the bottle on it and getting after the set up for Labor Day so I think it will be a Player in the GOLD CUP stable.:) :)

Dogballs
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Lets see some photos

3rd Generation
08-19-2007, 06:22 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/GregsBoat006.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/DSC00213.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/DSC00211.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/DSC00189.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/GregsBoat032.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/GregsBoat019.jpg

noregret$
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/DSC00213.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/DSC00211.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/DSC00189.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/GregsBoat032.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/xafireinside09x/GregsBoat019.jpg
hey guys just wanted to say that the boat looks great, sure has come a long way since i saw it at Tommy's shop good luck and be safe.... big D

cyclone
08-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I can picture tommy running to the back of the shop to cover it with blankets whenever Shoe stopped by. lol:D

cyclone
08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
They were caught pretty off guard, but for all the trouble we had finishing it, it ran pretty hard for first time out. We actually finished it at the river about 3 hours before he raced Mike. It had 4 test passes at Harris' house 1 hardware change and off to the races. Breaking it off sideways:eek: might be a little harsh, but funny.:D We will be putting the bottle on it and getting after the set up for Labor Day so I think it will be a Player in the GOLD CUP stable.:) :)
glad to hear it went well.
MikeD.. i was only kidding about the sideways part. :D

Dogballs
08-19-2007, 07:11 PM
that boat is SICK!

Jetboatguru
08-19-2007, 07:15 PM
[/IMG]
Looking sexy John!!!:) :)

Mike D..
08-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Wow that thing sure looks alot like ? Well as to off guard I can honestly say we had no idea. That was a true suprise. I will tell you this that I would have treated him differently had I known that he was coming after ME. I invited the lieing traitor in the dino room while we where making pulls on my motor (Thanks Steve). I told him every thing and so did Shoe. He has been officially cut of from the river shop, I hope he has an express pass to lost lake where he can hang with his new race team and work on his $hit there. Harris sold his sole to the devil on this one. What I can`t believe is how many people knew of this and helped him.
AS for me calling him a (has been) well he is a (has non) money that is, now I am sure I cost him more money than he ever Imagined in spending :idea: I guess I won there. Atleast I DRUMMED up another player.
I am not one for giving excuses so here it is. He beat me 2 out if 3 time motor to motor. The Boat runs good. Had I known he was coming I would have done some different things but that might not have worked either. I guess I could tell you guys that my pump was eating itself and I was sinking:D (just for you cyclone)
I am looking forward to the on going rivaulery he has created.
THANK YOU Harris I no longer have to feel sorry for the things I did and the things I am going to do now.
AS for the rest of you guys Damn I am starting to think that there are only 2 members of blue cup and I can see it is going to be very lonley for a while.
I can see that if it where not for Good old gold cup harris would still be on the couch

cyclone
08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Wow that thing sure looks alot like ? Well as to off guard I can honestly say we had no idea. That was a true suprise. I will tell you this that I would have treated him differently had I known that he was coming after ME. I invited the lieing traitor in the dino room while we where making pulls on my motor (Thanks Steve). I told him every thing and so did Shoe. He has been officially cut of from the river shop, I hope he has an express pass to lost lake where he can hang with his new race team and work on his $hit there. Harris sold his sole to the devil on this one. What I can`t believe is how many people knew of this and helped him.
AS for me calling him a (has been) well he is a (has non) money that is, now I am sure I cost him more money than he ever Imagined in spending :idea: I guess I won there. Atleast I DRUMMED up another player.
I am not one for giving excuses so here it is. He beat me 2 out if 3 time motor to motor. The Boat runs good. Had I known he was coming I would have done some different things but that might not have worked either. I guess I could tell you guys that my pump was eating itself and I was sinking:D (just for you cyclone)
THANK YOU Harris I no longer have to feel sorry for the things I did and the things I am going to do now.
AS for the rest of you guys Damn I am starting to think that there are only 2 members of blue cup and I can see it is going to be very lonley for a while.
I can see that if it where not for Good old gold cup harris would still be on
the couch
Whoa the plot thickens.
:eek:

Johnwithjm
08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I can see that if it where not for Good old gold cup harris would still be on the couch
Rule one never take your pants off. Give Harris his due his boat runs hard. If he needs any part or help from me while at Lost lake I would give him what ever he needs same as you Mike D. To ban the guy because he sawed you off is kinda bull. Well I guess when we race on Labor day and if I were to beat you not that my little 470 has a chance but will I get baned also. See you guys Labor day.

Mike D..
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
HARRIS SOLE
One very used Black Sole for sale open to highest bidder.
for contact Info please feel free to contact John D, Red Rocket, Steve Burley,
AND PAPP Racing.
I am sure there are many more

Johnwithjm
08-19-2007, 08:07 PM
HARRIS SOLE
One very used Black Sole for sale open to highest bidder.
for contact Info please feel free to contact John D, Red Rocket, Steve Burley,
AND PAPP Racing.
I am sure there are many more Ok buddy. Maybe you can pickup a few free agents like some of the mafia or something:D

cyclone
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
all i wanna know is where's the video?

Mike D..
08-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Rule one never take your pants off. Give Harris his due his boat runs hard. If he needs any part or help from me while at Lost lake I would give him what ever he needs same as you Mike D. To ban the guy because he sawed you off is kinda bull. Well I guess when we race on Labor day and if I were to beat you not that my little 470 has a chance but will I get baned also. See you guys Labor day.
WE Have tried to ban you a few times it hasn`t worked.
On a serious note you better reread what I said
This a Quote from a Quote that I Wrote
The Boat runs good. Had I known he was coming I would have done some different things but that might not have worked either.

Johnwithjm
08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Wanted some fast boats to join the very Blue cup team. Contact Mike D for the info:D

BUSBY
08-19-2007, 08:12 PM
sole or soul?
And how does Tommy (Papp) get brought into this? or is it the guys at Bad Habit (Eddie's new shop at John D's)?
also, it's Steve Brule ... not Burley ...
sorry ... I've got no dog in this fight ... but if you're bringing Tommy into this, then I do ... he more for most all of us than anyone else ...

Johnwithjm
08-19-2007, 08:14 PM
sole or soul?
And how does Tommy (Papp) get brought into this? or is it the guys at Bad Habit (Eddie's new shop at John D's)?
sorry ... I've got no dog in this fight ... but if you're bringing Tommy into this, then I do ... he more for most all of us than anyone else ...
Busby no the story before you post. Tom did the bottom on Harris boat and was a good friend on Harris.

Mike D..
08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
sole or soul?
I got goose bumps when I heard the story of this boat so I would call HARRIS your self before you jump in this one.

BUSBY
08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Busby no the story before you post. Tom did the bottom on Harris boat and was a good friend on Harris.
got it ...
and sorry Mike ... just got the PM that you're just giving everyone a hard time ...
I get ticked when others have bagged on Tommy ...
okay, bag on ... nothing to see here :D

Mike D..
08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
got it ...
and sorry Mike ... just got the PM that you're just giving everyone a hard time ...
I get ticked when others have bagged on Tommy ...
okay, bag on ... nothing to see here :D
COOL but seriously that would be a good story for HARRIS racing to tell it is there story so I will let them tell it and I would hope that they do

dmontzsta
08-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Damn nice looking boat.

jweeks123
08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
We will be putting the bottle on it and getting after the set up for Labor Day so I think it will be a Player in the GOLD CUP stable.:) :)bad ass jet boat. is that a new hull or a re-furb. will it play at ming
jw

Bense468
08-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Nice...
There are no free agents in mafia john...blood in blood out, its more then boating its a lifestyle. There is a 12 step program to get in, and a (2) 30 pack program to get out. Nutzzzzzzzzzz

Cs19
08-19-2007, 10:06 PM
This whole deal is hilarious, Im shocked the word didnt get out, nice work gettin it done and making the races guys, boat looks nice too! I wanted to come watch but I was testing out in Needles.
Re-match Labor Day should be entertaining.

SoCal Power
08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Wow, well-played by Harris Racing (aka Fire-Ring Racing)!!! Congrats on the progress so far; boat looks awesome.
db

Slow Burn
08-20-2007, 08:38 AM
First, congrats to Harris and the boys for building a very nice looking and fast boat! I didn't think a secret could be kept in this industry. Good job!:D
As for Mike D. being a little upset with the way thier "data" was gathered, I completely understand. :devil:
We all work hard and spend a ton of cash to make our boat slighlty faster than the next guy. We also share information with our friends to a certain extent. To use your unknowing buddy as a bench mark only to make sure that you "one up him" kinda takes the fun out of it.
However, it did throw lots of fuel on the fire for Labor day!
See ya!

Danhercules
08-20-2007, 09:02 AM
I heard the pass in Norco!!!!!!!!!!!!
My brother called me and let me listen to some of the runs. He said to me, "wow, mike D got beat, he is not gonna be happy.)
Those boats sounded sick over the phone!!!!!!!!!!

FuelInMyVeins82
08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Nice boat congrats to all that are involved.

Dogballs
08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Sounds like Labor Day is going to be off the hook.

Bone Stock
08-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I got some shots, but they are pretty dark...

FuelInMyVeins82
08-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Sounds like Labor Day is going to be off the hook.
Balls you get your seld back on the water?

Dogballs
08-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Balls you get your seld back on the water?
Motor is in and planning to hit Needles this weekend!

Red Rocket
08-20-2007, 02:37 PM
First, congrats to Harris and the boys for building a very nice looking and fast boat! I didn't think a secret could be kept in this industry. Good job!:D
As for Mike D. being a little upset with the way thier "data" was gathered, I completely understand. :devil:
We all work hard and spend a ton of cash to make our boat slighlty faster than the next guy. We also share information with our friends to a certain extent. To use your unknowing buddy as a bench mark only to make sure that you "one up him" kinda takes the fun out of it.
However, it did throw lots of fuel on the fire for Labor day!
See ya!
As far as how we got our data, all of the motor data came from me and only me. This motor and actually the whole project has been in the works for about a year, we knew what we were going to do long before Mikes boat was finished. The boat set up and hardware came mostly from me and what I have been running in my Daytona and other boats I have set up. Don"t forget Harris used to do this pretty successfully in the 80's and didn't forget very much. He came up with some of the hardware are using right now, and if you take a look the hardware couldn't more different between the two boats.

PIIYM
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Its funny. Harris builds a boat and it runs fast. Now people are upset because someone built a faster boat than someone else. Come on ladies. While this is competitive, in the end its for fun. Its about drinking beers and talking $hit. Racing is meant to be competitive. Everyone here spends money to make their boat a little faster than their buddies. If Mike D. had one of the fastest boats prior to Harris launching his, than Mike D. should be kissing Harris's bean bag. Because now he has a goal. There is someone else to beat. Something to work towards. But kicking him off of the team. Oh boo hoo.
Winning all the time is boring. What makes racing fun is that there is a chance someone is faster than you. So you prep, spending countless hours shaving weight, tuning your motor to be faster and when you beat that person that moment of exhilaration, knowing you just kicked their a$$. Feeling the rush of adrenaline and tasting victory. Thats what racing is about. When its over you go back to the beach or to that guys house and you crack a cold beet and start talking $hit.
If you want to win all the time without any challenge. Then buy yourself a PS3, save 20large and sit on the couch and play video games. Make sure the level is on easy.

Cs19
08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Nuff said, nice post!

RUSSO
08-20-2007, 03:39 PM
All I know is i hear ya I AM TIRED OF WINNING!!!!!:mad:

TRG
08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Tommy did Harris' bottom?

BUSBY
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
:confused:

djdtpr
08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Where were you a year ago? Dont feel bad i dont remember where i was last weekend.:D

3rd Generation
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Its funny. Harris builds a boat and it runs fast. Now people are upset because someone built a faster boat than someone else. Come on ladies. While this is competitive, in the end its for fun. Its about drinking beers and talking $hit. Racing is meant to be competitive. Everyone here spends money to make their boat a little faster than their buddies. If Mike D. had one of the fastest boats prior to Harris launching his, than Mike D. should be kissing Harris's bean bag. Because now he has a goal. There is someone else to beat. Something to work towards. But kicking him off of the team. Oh boo hoo.
Winning all the time is boring. What makes racing fun is that there is a chance someone is faster than you. So you prep, spending countless hours shaving weight, tuning your motor to be faster and when you beat that person that moment of exhilaration, knowing you just kicked their a$$. Feeling the rush of adrenaline and tasting victory. Thats what racing is about. When its over you go back to the beach or to that guys house and you crack a cold beet and start talking $hit.
If you want to win all the time without any challenge. Then buy yourself a PS3, save 20large and sit on the couch and play video games. Make sure the level is on easy.
very nicely said. we only built the boat to have some fun with your friends. theres nothing we enjoy more than to sit and bullshit with the boys on satuarday nights after some good racing!

TRG
08-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Where were you a year ago? Dont feel bad i dont remember where i was last weekend.:D
You have a very valid point there "BOSS"!:D

Johnwithjm
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Tommy did Harris' bottom?Yes he did it about a year ago.

TRG
08-20-2007, 05:48 PM
OH! somehow i musta forgot!

Cs19
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I got some shots, but they are pretty dark...
Where are the pics man?

Bone Stock
08-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Where are the pics man?
I attached them but it did not work....yet. I'll be back in town on Thursday to do it. Later

RUSSO
08-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Ok buddy. Maybe you can pickup a few free agents like some of the mafia or something:D
GUN FOR HIRE:idea: NEW TEAM SIPPY CUP "BOSS":sqeyes: