PDA

View Full Version : couple vids from this weekend

IMPATIENT 1
08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
my buddy was taking vid of us playin around alittle saturday. i didn't get any wot runs in, i forgot to turn my fuel pressure up after adding another pump to the system:D as soon as i hit @6200, the pressure would drop to 3psi and my a/f meter would start climbing, so i never ran it past 6k from then on for the day. i turned up the idle pressure from 8 to 12psi, checked my seats for leaks(none) and i'm hope'n the pressure stays above 5-6psi now at wot.i've got 2 different regulators i'm playin with to get the most psi at wot.here's the vids:
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/oumills/?action=view&current=MOV01007.flv
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/oumills/?action=view&current=MOV01006.flv
we weren't making race passes, so no i didn't have my jacket on:D we's just playin;)

pw_Tony
08-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Damn that thing looks sweet. You must be stoked about it. Question, are you running an intercooler?

gqchris
08-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Nice looking ride Impatient! Sounds bitchin too. That water looks awesome. Wish we had that out here during the afternoons.

jetboat
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
sweet bud!

IMPATIENT 1
08-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Damn that thing looks sweet. You must be stoked about it. Question, are you running an intercooler?
nope, wish i had 1 though:( i've been runnin the timing at 25-26 on super swill and removing a 1/2degree of timing per lb. of boost.. gonna get some race fuel to run this weekend, turn up the timing, jet up alittle more and see if i can finally get triples outta the damn thing. (i'll wear my jacket then:D )the boat needs more fuel, more carb but i ain't got any more $$$:rolleyes: it'll wait till next yr.

pw_Tony
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
nope, wish i had 1 though:( i've been runnin the timing at 25-26 on super swill and removing a 1/2degree of timing per lb. of boost.. gonna get some race fuel to run this weekend, turn up the timing, jet up alittle more and see if i can finally get triples outta the damn thing. (i'll wear my jacket then:D )the boat needs more fuel, more carb but i ain't got any more $$$:rolleyes: it'll wait till next yr.
Running an 8:71? What amount of compression was your motor supposed to put out before boost? And are you running the teflon strips on the rotors? Sorry to bug

IMPATIENT 1
08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Running an 8:71? What amount of compression was your motor supposed to put out before boost? And are you running the teflon strips on the rotors? Sorry to bug
nah, alittle ole heinz 57 weiand street 6-71:( i've gotta overdrive it to 12% before it'll make 8lbs(i don't do it on super):mad: i was planning on using a dual plate nitrous kit next season under the carbs and figured i'd better not get the blower stripped until i see what the nitrous will do, the blower went thru a blower service 3yrs ago,just didn't get stripped. i've herd your blower has to be alittle loose to blow nitrous since its cooling the intake charge alot plus dumpin in alot more fuel. kinda like how a alky boat needs more rotor clearence.
i don't like tellin my compression, some guys i run might and do read on ***boats;) i had to compensate somewhere since the blower was little:D

pw_Tony
08-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Ah ha so there is a secret:idea:
I'll probably be running a "similar" set up, that's why I'm asking. 6-71 BBF, just curious if a little bump in compression would help it out.... but I get a clue:D

IMPATIENT 1
08-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Ah ha so there is a secret:idea:
I'll probably be running a "similar" set up, that's why I'm asking. 6-71 BBF, just curious if a little bump in compression would help it out.... but I get a clue:D
check yo pm, and shhhhhhhhhh;) :D

oldbuck40
08-20-2007, 01:19 PM
check yo pm, and shhhhhhhhhh;) :D
Punk :D

IMPATIENT 1
08-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Punk :D
:D

oldbuck40
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
:D
lol sounded damn good on the vid's! might have the youngblood ready come next summer? who knows! its still at the fiberglass shop:rolleyes:

IMPATIENT 1
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
lol sounded damn good on the vid's! might have the youngblood ready come next summer? who knows! its still at the fiberglass shop:rolleyes:
gettin gelwork? or stringers? they don't need the floors:D i yanked out my floor and ski box, gave me alot more interior room;) oh and the weight loss was nice too:D

Devilman
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't use that "rolling eyes" smiley....... You knew what you was in for when your dadd.... I mean mechanic, got ahold of that boat. :jawdrop: :D :devil:

oldbuck40
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Don't use that "rolling eyes" smiley....... You knew what you was in for when your dadd.... I mean mechanic got ahold of that boat. :jawdrop: :D :devil:
lmao i knew the fish would bite if i threw out the bait :D :D :D

Devilman
08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
lmao i knew the fish would bite if i threw out the bait :D :D :D
LMAO :D :D :D

cave
08-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Looks & sounds great. Nothing like the sound of blower serge. Sept a bad a$$ cam.