PDA

View Full Version : Wake board boats...PWC'S of the 21st century!!!

Dixie Wrecked
08-20-2007, 01:45 PM
After boating this summer on several of the water ways in my area it has come to my conclusion that the wake board boats are nothing but a bunch of past yuppy pwc owners that are now screwing up our water ways in another way:eek: . They take up most of the river going slow and creating huge wakes that you have slow down to go over unless your in a 40' footer. They again show there intelligence by surfing behind the wake of the boat sniffing all that carbon dixiode and while doing this create an even bigger wake. They play loud ass jive music on there radios thinking we all want to hear that $hit, and last but not least....Little or no respect that they are screwing the water up for us true skiers. Go out on a big basin and do your crap. You don't need smooth water to do what you do so what does it matter if it's alittle rough?. Not to mention you can play that $hit a$$ music as loud as you want. Or better yet play that crap in your yuppie BMW or Mercedes SUV on 22's on the way to the ramp or on your way home.:mad:

blown65
08-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, while I do have a Wakeboard I do agree with you mostly. Pisses me off when its nice smooth water and they are wakesurfing. You dont need f'n smooth water to wakesurf. Same for the idiot tubers that tube up little arms on Shasta, isnt the point of tubing to go over waves?
Then again, I had at the beginning of this yr a 28' V hull boat think he was a PWC jumping my wake back and forth. We were quite impressed. LOL

Ziggy
08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Water Plows..........:D :D

AirtimeLavey
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, while I do have a Wakeboard I do agree with you mostly. Pisses me off when its nice smooth water and they are wakesurfing. You dont need f'n smooth water to wakesurf. Same for the idiot tubers that tube up little arms on Shasta, isnt the point of tubing to go over waves?
Then again, I had at the beginning of this yr a 28' V hull boat think he was a PWC jumping my wake back and forth. We were quite impressed. LOL
I just spent most of this past week at Shasta. That's gotta be the wakeboard boat/houseboat capital of the world. My Sis and her husband (from Medford, OR) brought down their Tige wakeboat. Very nice. Love the Perfect pass speed control. Best tow I've ever had for skiing, wakeboarding, and wake surfing. Shasta's incredible, even with the water level down. It's my new favorite lake, but nobody should ever go there....;)
As for complaints about the boats, we were respectful of others who were there first, and being a former low freeboard boat owner, always were courteous to others that can't handle the wakes. But, like any boat owners, there are those dipshiats that think it's their world and we're just living in it. We got cut off a number of times, by a variety of boats. We usually looked for our own spots away from everyone else.
I currently own a 24' Laveycraft. After spending the week in a wakeboard boat, they are in fact way better suited to families that like water sports, beyond just sitting in the boat and going fast, then parking on the beach all day. I may have to get one.
As for wake surfing, I suppose if you tuck in tight and don't move much, you may have C0 issues, but we don't and didn't. It's fun, you should try it. The kids loved it, but we prefer wakeboarding. Btw, I ski, wakeboard and tube behind our Lavey (obviously, we don't wake surf behind the i/o). It's just not set up for all of that as well as a wake or tournament boat.
Bottomline, imo, no comparison to PWC riders...

mbrown2
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Times are changing and get used to it....surfing, wakeskating, wakeboarding are all only going to get more popular by the younger generation that like to use their boats to do more then just kick back on them...
Now common sense needs to be used across all boaters....if your wake is screwing up other boats, then you are liable...too bad folks don't understand these rules and adhere to them or use common sense on when they should be creating these wakes...ie: not near folks floating or on crowded water ways..
Couple folks were wakesurfing with not many boats out yesterday and it looked like the families were having a really good time.....I will take a surfer at 9 miles an hour then a zig zagging tuber, a jet skier, or an idiot behind any powerboat above 45mph any day of the week.
And the music comment applies to all boats not just wakeboard boats...last I checked...a lot of deck boats still command the sandbars and channels from a musical perspective..:)

rmarion
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM
After boating this summer on several of the water ways in my area it has come to my conclusion that the wake board boats are nothing but a bunch of past yuppy pwc owners that are now screwing up our water ways in another way:eek: . They take up most of the river going slow and creating huge wakes that you have slow down to go over unless your in a 40' footer. They again show there intelligence by surfing behind the wake of the boat sniffing all that carbon dixiode and while doing this create an even bigger wake. They play loud ass jive music on there radios thinking we all want to hear that $hit, and last but not least....Little or no respect that they are screwing the water up for us true skiers. Go out on a big basin and do your crap. You don't need smooth water to do what you do so what does it matter if it's alittle rough?. Not to mention you can play that $hit a$$ music as loud as you want. Or better yet play that crap in your yuppie BMW or Mercedes SUV on 22's on the way to the ramp or on your way home.:mad:
Yep.......
that about sums it up..........
Gotta LOVE IT!!!!!!!
PS, don't knock it till ya try it.......;)
music that you don't enjoy listen to = CHIT
I'm sure you'd be ROCKIN your music if you could...don't be such a HATER!!!!!!!!
you must of passed us a few times.........:D
also, my kids, 22, 21, 19 like to ski, wakeboard, barefoot and occasional tube when the water gets all plowed up....:rolleyes:

rmarion
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
And the music comment applies to all boats not just wakeboard boats...last I checked...a lot of deck boats still command the sandbars and channels from a musical perspective..:)
nope only Wakeboard Boats.... just a Dixie.......:rolleyes:

pw_Tony
08-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't have a wakeboard boat, but I LOVE wakeboarding. I also enjoy wakesurfing and wake skate. I never go out where there are boats though, mainly cause I don't feel safe around others boats and me bobbing in the water.
But to say there music is shit and they in general are screwing up the waterways is ignorant. We usually go up River towards walter where the water is the calmest, and the fewest boats are around. Throw out a huge wake, blast the music, and just have fun.
Every boat has their downsides, jets and v-drives are loud, big cat boats and v bottoms go flying by without any regard, wakeboats make big wakes. With any of these you just have to deal with it, what else can you do? Maybe complaign and whine about it?
Like Boatcop said, there's just as many idiot boat owners as there are PWC owners. It's not the boat, it's who uses it.

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
You must be one of those 40 somethings who has a 30' plus offshore boat to compensate for something missing, hauling ass to hurry up and park, then drink with your buddies while your 40 something wife with fake tits struts around like she is 20 again with pasties, a fat gut, and a saggy ass. Then you and your "crew" race to another point of the lake or river thinking your the badasses of the river and everyone needs to get out of your way. Take your boats to the ocean and your fat ugly wives to Jenny Craig.

Baja Big Dog
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Looks like we better get some signs made up for the ramps...
Do not launch unless your driving at least a 28 foot boat and it costs more than 100K!!!
Hay soos christ people!!!
Whats next pontoons???:mad:

Kilrtoy
08-20-2007, 02:44 PM
You must be one of those 40 somethings who has a 30' plus offshore boat to compensate for something missing, hauling ass to hurry up and park, then drink with your buddies while your 40 something wife with fake tits struts around like she is 20 again with pasties, a fat gut, and a saggy ass. Then you and your "crew" race to another point of the lake or river thinking your the badasses of the river and everyone needs to get out of your way. Take your boats to the ocean and your fat ugly wives to Jenny Craig.
It must really suck to be you! Last time I saw this much anger was when two homeless 20 something vietnam vets were fighting over a discarded chick leg

MR.rvrluvr
08-20-2007, 02:50 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :)

MR.rvrluvr
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
It must really suck to be you! Last time I saw this much anger was when two homeless 20 something vietnam vets were fighting over a discarded chick leg
funny :D good to see you this weekend...

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Did this strike a nerve or hit close to home? I didn't mention any names, just generalizing like Dixie did.

AirtimeLavey
08-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Times are changing and get used to it....surfing, wakeskating, wakeboarding are all only going to get more popular by the younger generation that like to use their boats to do more then just kick back on them...
Now common sense needs to be used across all boaters....if your wake is screwing up other boats, then you are liable...too bad folks don't understand these rules and adhere to them or use common sense on when they should be creating these wakes...ie: not near folks floating or on crowded water ways..
Couple folks were wakesurfing with not many boats out yesterday and it looked like the families were having a really good time.....I will take a surfer at 9 miles an hour then a zig zagging tuber, a jet skier, or an idiot behind any powerboat above 45mph any day of the week.
Hard to top this smile and confidence she gets from doing this. I'll take this any day, over having her go play in the sand so I can drink with my friends at the sandbar.... :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/A_ws_resize.jpg
I don't have a wakeboard boat, but I LOVE wakeboarding. I also enjoy wakesurfing and wake skate. I never go out where there are boats though, mainly cause I don't feel safe around others boats and me bobbing in the water.
But to say there music is shit and they in general are screwing up the waterways is ignorant. We usually go up River towards walter where the water is the calmest, and the fewest boats are around. Throw out a huge wake, blast the music, and just have fun.
Every boat has their downsides, jets and v-drives are loud, big cat boats and v bottoms go flying by without any regard, wakeboats make big wakes. With any of these you just have to deal with it, what else can you do? Maybe complaign and whine about it?
Like Boatcop said, there's just as many idiot boat owners as there are PWC owners. It's not the boat, it's who uses it.
Bottomline...:D

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Dude, someday you're going to be 40, have a beer gut and a couple kids and your wife is going to be 40 too. I know it doesn't seem like that now, but trust me on this one.
Not hating for being 40 and having a beer gut. And if my wife adds some weight, that's cool too. It's the chicks who think a boob job all of a sudden makes them hot. Sure you have nice tits, but your still ugly and fat. You don't have the body to wear a thong and pasties.

Biglue
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Did this strike a nerve or hit close to home? I didn't mention any names, just generalizing like Dixie did.
Damn dude....you're gonna step on your own dick here before too long. Be careful out there. LOL

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Damn dude....you're gonna step on your own dick here before too long. Be careful out there. LOL
Dude, can you mind your own business? LOL ..I don't want to start $hit with you, I'm on probation:)

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 03:08 PM
FWIW, my wife has never sported the thong and/or pasties and she's pretty svelte for a 40 year old with two young kids. She does have a boob job though. She rarely dances around like a 20 year old either. :D
FWIW, I have no problem with boob jobs or 40 yr old ladies. Sounds like your wife knows whats up!

Biglue
08-20-2007, 03:10 PM
FWIW, I have no problem with boob jobs or 40 yr old ladies. Sounds like your wife knows whats up!
Now that's back peddeling at its finest right there. :D :)
;)

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Now that's back peddeling at its finest right there. :D :)
;)
With you holding high post count and tenure in such high regard here, I would expect you to use correct spelling. :hammer2:
BTW, reread the post and you will find it's not back peddling. :)

justfloatn
08-20-2007, 03:23 PM
One more opinion. I don’t mind the number of boats and people doing what they enjoy. I used to be one of those wake boarder’s.
I do hate the tower speakers:mad: . Which brings out what I call the, LOOK AT ME, syndrome. If I am 100+ yards away from your boat I should be able to hold a conversation with my wife and friends. Turn your stupid music down. YOU’RE NOT COOL. The people looking at you are not thinking your dumb a$$ girlfriend shaking her a$$ is hot.They think you're young and dumb, period. There was a time when you needed more than a signature to get a 50K boat loan and those days are going to come back now all the banks are loosing their a$$es. So I expect to see less and less 20 something’s driving floating speakers.:devil:

Danhercules
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I have a 700HP jet.
My wife wakeboards.
My boat is a deck boat.
I have a loud stereo
Dam, I gotta sink another 70k in my boat, and I will fit all categories!! :D

ratso
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Dude... you're a fukkin' dickhead...
...yet entertaining.:D

Biglue
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Dude... you're a fukkin' dickhead...
...yet entertaining.:D
I was a little leary of him at first, but I think he's got just the shitty outlook and asshole qualities to fit right in. :D :D

Dave C
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
classic... no it is actually pedaling.....
if you are going to correct spelling make sure you are in fact correcting it.....:) :D
don't mind me... carry on!:devil:
With you holding high post count and tenure in such high regard here, I would expect you to use correct spelling. :hammer2:
BTW, reread the post and you will find it's not back peddling. :)

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh, the old unintentionally misspelling a spelling correction. Tragic. :D
Dude, don't you know I'm a "newbie" with a low post count? Spelling? :) .

blown65
08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I just spent most of this past week at Shasta. That's gotta be the wakeboard boat/houseboat capital of the world. My Sis and her husband (from Medford, OR) brought down their Tige wakeboat. Very nice. Love the Perfect pass speed control. Best tow I've ever had for skiing, wakeboarding, and wake surfing. Shasta's incredible, even with the water level down. It's my new favorite lake, but nobody should ever go there....;)
As for complaints about the boats, we were respectful of others who were there first, and being a former low freeboard boat owner, always were courteous to others that can't handle the wakes. But, like any boat owners, there are those dipshiats that think it's their world and we're just living in it. We got cut off a number of times, by a variety of boats. We usually looked for our own spots away from everyone else.
I currently own a 24' Laveycraft. After spending the week in a wakeboard boat, they are in fact way better suited to families that like water sports, beyond just sitting in the boat and going fast, then parking on the beach all day. I may have to get one.
As for wake surfing, I suppose if you tuck in tight and don't move much, you may have C0 issues, but we don't and didn't. It's fun, you should try it. The kids loved it, but we prefer wakeboarding. Btw, I ski, wakeboard and tube behind our Lavey (obviously, we don't wake surf behind the i/o). It's just not set up for all of that as well as a wake or tournament boat.
Bottomline, imo, no comparison to PWC riders...
Most the time its not bad there. You just get a few here and there that have no sense.
PWC riders on Shasta for the most part SUCK. I have them cut in front of the Eliminator all the time.

shueman
08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
....It's not the boat, it's who uses it.
Yep...just never understood why you need to fill the a## end of the boat with water, then travel 20mph to make bigger waves....:)

dcfive
08-20-2007, 08:05 PM
DW........Go away or grow up! The waterways are for everyone to use. It's not only for people that are just like you. All types of watercraft have bone-head users. To gerneralize about certain types of boats and cars is assanine. For the most part ***boat.com is a great bunch of people. It's imflamatory generalizations from people like you that give this place an undeserved reputation for being drama filled and hateful.

THEPISTONHEAD
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I see your anger in regards to the wakeboard boats but many have the same anger as you stated...to jet skiis and others.
Its just the few idiots that fit the stereo type to a T. The young kids on daddy's wakeboard boat that does'nt know the rules of the water.........or the drunk yuppy on his new $12k jet ski.....with his buddies on the other 3 skiis he just bought, riding them all over the place cutting in front of others or riding your ass........but there is the jet boat guys that fit it as well as the big money boat guys too. There are bad seeds in every type of water vehicle unfortunatley!!!!!!! I hear your though but its a pretty broad statement. You must have had a bad encounter recently....so I will let you off the hook and even agree with you on certain days!

jamesnismo2006
08-20-2007, 10:52 PM
DW........Go away or grow up! The waterways are for everyone to use. It's not only for people that are just like you. All types of watercraft have bone-head users. To gerneralize about certain types of boats and cars is assanine. For the most part ***boat.com is a great bunch of people. It's imflamatory generalizations from people like you that give this place an undeserved reputation for being drama filled and hateful.
agree completely. every type of boat/pwc has people who shouldnt be driving and or cant drive them. The few I have met from here are great people