PDA

View Full Version : Wake board boats...PWC'S of the 21st century!!!

Dixie Wrecked
08-20-2007, 01:45 PM
After boating this summer on several of the water ways in my area it has come to my conclusion that the wake board boats are nothing but a bunch of past yuppy pwc owners that are now screwing up our water ways in another way:eek: . They take up most of the river going slow and creating huge wakes that you have slow down to go over unless your in a 40' footer. They again show there intelligence by surfing behind the wake of the boat sniffing all that carbon dixiode and while doing this create an even bigger wake. They play loud ass jive music on there radios thinking we all want to hear that $hit, and last but not least....Little or no respect that they are screwing the water up for us true skiers. Go out on a big basin and do your crap. You don't need smooth water to do what you do so what does it matter if it's alittle rough?. Not to mention you can play that $hit a$$ music as loud as you want. Or better yet play that crap in your yuppie BMW or Mercedes SUV on 22's on the way to the ramp or on your way home.:mad:

uLtRADeNniS
08-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh I hate them too. They are the reason I can't float down river.. They like to get really close and go really slow which creates a giant wake to flood my pickle fork.:mad: :mad:
...Oh and you cant forget those London Bridge Express Boats. Not only do the create tsunamis...but Every time you see one, be prepared to see 4-5 Sea-Doos jumping the giant wake behind it in all directions.

hkunz
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
You forgot to mention how they park crosswise in front of the ramp and dock while waiting for thier buddies to come down with the rest of the gear.

rmarion
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
After boating this summer on several of the water ways in my area it has come to my conclusion that the wake board boats are nothing but a bunch of past yuppy pwc owners that are now screwing up our water ways in another way:eek: . They take up most of the river going slow and creating huge wakes that you have slow down to go over unless your in a 40' footer. They again show there intelligence by surfing behind the wake of the boat sniffing all that carbon dixiode and while doing this create an even bigger wake. They play loud ass jive music on there radios thinking we all want to hear that $hit, and last but not least....Little or no respect that they are screwing the water up for us true skiers. Go out on a big basin and do your crap. You don't need smooth water to do what you do so what does it matter if it's alittle rough?. Not to mention you can play that $hit a$$ music as loud as you want. Or better yet play that crap in your yuppie BMW or Mercedes SUV on 22's on the way to the ramp or on your way home.:mad:
Yep.......
that about sums it up..........
Gotta LOVE IT!!!!!!!
PS, don't knock it till ya try it.......;)
music that you don't enjoy listen to = CHIT
I'm sure you'd be ROCKIN your music if you could...don't be such a HATER!!!!!!!!
you must of passed us a few times.........:D

ratso
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Yep.......
Gotta LOVE IT!!!!!!!
I'm sure you'd be ROCKIN your music if you could...don't be such a HATER!!!!!!!!
:confused:

cave
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Its got to suck on the river. I know it sucks on our lakes. Every other boat is a Momba or Ski Nautique / Malibu knock off.
I cant hear the music while I'm running:D But they need to give a safety class on those boats so they know that they are responsible for their wakes. At least in AZ they are.

VAMI
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I love being behind them at the ramp.They have to set there unload all the gear,wax the boards ,polish the speakers ,talk on the phone,fill the ballast bags,load the coolers and act like there doing nothing wrong while theres 15 trucks waiting.

RitcheyRch
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
So very true

ULTRA26 # 1
08-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh I hate them too. They are the reason I can't float down river.. They like to get really close and go really slow which creates a giant wake to flood my pickle fork.:mad: :mad:
...Oh and you cant forget those London Bridge Express Boats. Not only do the create tsunamis...but Every time you see one, be prepared to see 4-5 Sea-Doos jumping the giant wake behind it in all directions.
Dennis,
Last summer going down river I hit the wake of one the large London Bridge jet boats and launched my two rear seat cushions into the river. Mike B (shippingguy) hit one and launched his wife (Holly) and she landed on one of the front seats on her ribs.
Everyone has the right to use the waterway safely, I know this. I still can't stand the wake boarders making as much of a mess of the water as they possibly can. However, it was way worse when I had a V bottom.
Nevermind :D :D

XtrmWakeborder
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
LMAO jive music? what is that? Oh and yes you do need smooth water. More so than skiers i'd say. I don't think i've ever seen anyone wakeboard to catalina and back, and I know it isn't flat out there. I guess everyone has to bitch and moan about something though huh?

RT21
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Wakeboard boats are way worse the PWC's. Plus, I never see anyone jumping more than a couple feet off those things. They have too much wake for their skills. I would be embarrased throwing that huge wake and not even having the rider get more than 2 feet out of the water. IMHO

Rocknpalms
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I got a large wake over the bow on my 20' Carerra this past weekend by a wakeboard boat that put out a very large wake just out side of the launch ramp and no wake buoys.
When I saw the size of the wake I got off plane and used the throttle to keep the bow up. The bow pitched into the second wave and dug deep into the water.
No kidding a wall of water hit our face, the kids and the intake scoop. Lucky I keep it facing rear. Stereo wet, phones wet, kids scared.
So if this boat owner is responsible for his wake were do I make the claim for the new stereo and phones. Or do I need to pay him for the cleaning the sand out of the carpet.
I could do without them also. "Squids"

rmarion
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
I love being behind them at the ramp.They have to set there unload all the gear,wax the boards ,polish the speakers ,talk on the phone,fill the ballast bags,load the coolers and act like there doing nothing wrong while theres 15 trucks waiting.
those guys/gals are not boaters..........from a fishing boat, dingys, PWC, you name it..... thats what the staging area is for.....
it should not take more than a few minutes to launch a boat...... if it does, it time for Etiquette and trailer driving lessons.....

Goad
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
...only to go to the sand bar and back. :rolleyes:
They are all posers....theres one in every sport.....snowboarding, motocross, etc......all clueless as to what they are doing and whats going on around them......it will never go away no matter what you do.

cave
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Get the hull number and report it to the coppers. When my Biesemier was swamped by another boat I learned about this all to well. If you incur a loss do to another boats wake they are responsible. Boat cop may be better informed than I but the Sher riff here locally informed me of this little maritime rule. To bad for me that I didnt get the numbers.

buddude8
08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Dont be jealous just buy one I did. I had a 25' eliminator for 8 years and sold it for a 7000lb mastercraft. I got sick of getting inconsistent wakes, and that is why i drive 4 hrs to the river is to wakeboard, ski, and wakesurf. Not so much drinking. Not all of us are idiots, just like all of the people that buy powerboats arent idiots. i my self launch early get my wakeboarding and surfing out of the way, chill the rest of the day and wait until about 7pm to go out again. There was just as many idiots that bought powerboats back in the late 90's when that was the craze. Lastly lets not forget, I havent heard of any wakeboard boats running over people and killing them. How many times have you read about newbie drunk powerboat owners that cant handle thier boat or liquor causing deadly accidents. Thats all RANT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uLtRADeNniS
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Yep.......
Gotta LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Hey this is Hot Boat.com...Not GayWakebordboat.com...Take your BS somewhere else.
Lastly lets not forget, I havent heard of any wakeboard boats running over people and killing them. How many times have you read about newbie drunk powerboat owners that cant handle thier boat or liquor causing deadly accidents. Thats all RANT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have!:D
I also just read a thread of a bunch of dipshits that started a fight at the sandbar a few weeks ago.. In fact.. almost every time I got to the sandbar...I see some bandanna wearing flat bill hat dipshits trying to pick a fight with someone....And guess what they are always in...Wakeboard boats.
Now I'm not putting you in that category...Even though you put all performance boaters in the reckless driving newbie one;)
Dennis,
Last summer going down river I hit the wake of one the large London Bridge jet boats and launched my two rear seat cushions into the river. Mike B (shippingguy) hit one and launched his wife (Holly) and she landed on one of the front seats on her ribs.
Everyone has the right to use the waterway safely, I know this. I still can't stand the wake boarders making as much of a mess of the water as they possibly can. However, it was way worse when I had a V bottom.
Nevermind :D :D
Man thats crazy. When I hit those or the wakeboard boat wakes..I usually fly 3 feet outta the water then my engine stalls.
When are you headed back to the river? I'll be up this weekend and Labor day.
I think we've also forgot to mention how they pull a tube and zig zag all across the river not looking for traffic. I dont think they ever notice the 10 boats cruising far behind them waiting for an opportunity to pass.:idea: :mad:

Speedin' Ian
08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm sure all those yuppy wakeboarders are much more dangerous than the guys driving big powerboats capable of 100+:rolleyes: . I think it is important to remember that their are idiots in all types of boats. I had a 25' Commander and now I have a 22' Tige, and I am pretty sure I have just as much right to the river as any other boat there.

Moneypitt
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Make a big issue out of taking pictures of the wakebarges hull numbers. That way you will have a record of the numbers and photo proof of the description of the boat. If everyone that suffers damage started calling the LE, filing claims, and just generally screwing the wakebarges, their insurance would cancel them, it would get real expensive to contest all the claims that could be made in just one day at Parker......All the docked boats banging on the docks, all the shoreline erosion, all the damaged speakers/stereos, and swamped/sank boats.......I could see thousands of dollars in claims in just a couple of hours.......I think the way to handle them is just park in front of them and roll film........Get numbers, and file reports, EVERYBODY file reports.......Over and over........LE will get tired of making reports, and sooner or later will ban them from the river..........To those that go out early, and then again at 7pm, WHEN do you think the real show on the river goes out? Trust me, people would much rather watch a hydro or flattie making a speed pass than to watch some dork wakeboarder....Go to the OCEAN and SURF REAL WAVES.............Or better yet, get real close to the exhaust pipes and have fun on the river.............MP

YODA
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Is this Hot Boat or Hate Boat??? Whot a bunch of whineyazz beeches!!!!

YODA
08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
.. how about just be glad that we could all own boats and enjoy them on our water-ways ....QUOTE]
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Parker Dreamin
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
but it is okay for a 32' to throw some rollers....hummmmmmmmmmmm

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-20-2007, 06:55 PM
.. how about just be glad that we could all own boats and enjoy them on our water-ways ....QUOTE]
THANK YOU!!!!!!
That would be great "in a perfect world"....
I was floating the river south of Needles one summer and a wakeboard boat went past me at less than 20 feet. No one else on the river! I sat there pissed because he washed me down. My wife was with me so I tried my best to sit there and just let it go.
About 20 minutes later I see what looks like the same boat coming back down this time on the other side of the river. I stood up and flew the bird which at first was met by a freindly wave before they could see I was flipping them off.
Their wave turned to middle fingers as they went by pissed.
All this did was confirm to me that they didn't realize what they had done. I believe this is the problem with most of the idiot boaters (of all sizes) and ski flee pilots all over. They don't even realize the wrong they're doing.

Moneypitt
08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Is this Hot Boat or Hate Boat??? Whot a bunch of whineyazz beeches!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Great idea....I would like to enjoy boating on OUR waterways.......Except I can't because some selfish azzholes think they own the water and can do whatever they want, regardless of the consequences they cause. Boats that create waves the size of ocean rollers have NO business on busy inland waterways .....Now lets talk about noise polution...If I can hear your music, regardless of the type, when my boat is running, it's too loud, period......I know it is part of the Show off attitude that you have, but not everyone, or actually no one, wants to hear it.....I get enough of that crap on the street, and certainly don't want to hear it on the water........Whinny beeches, yeah the wakebarge guys really do whine and snivel when confronted with the truth...........If you MUST have waves to enjoy OUR waterways, get as far away from everyone as possible and have a ball, your own little world, play your music, and watch each other wakeboard/surf or whatever. Very few others want to see you anyway.........When you screw up the water in busy areas it becomes unsafe for everyone else, not to mention selfcentered, and inconsiderate........If you make waves and no one else sees them, no harm, no foul.......MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Great idea....I would like to enjoy boating on OUR waterways.......Except I can't because some selfish azzholes think they own the water and can do whatever they want, regardless of the consequences they cause. Boats that create waves the size of ocean rollers have NO business on busy inland waterways .....Now lets talk about noise polution...If I can hear your music, regardless of the type, when my boat is running, it's too loud, period......I know it is part of the Show off attitude that you have, but not everyone, or actually no one, wants to hear it.....I get enough of that crap on the street, and certainly don't want to hear it on the water........Whinny beeches, yeah the wakebarge guys really do whine and snivel when confronted with the truth...........If you MUST have waves to enjoy OUR waterways, get as far away from everyone as possible and have a ball, your own little world, play your music, and watch each other wakeboard/surf or whatever. Very few others want to see you anyway.........When you screw up the water in busy areas it becomes unsafe for everyone else, not to mention selfcentered, and inconsiderate........If you make waves and no one else sees them, no harm, no foul.......MP
Ray likes to sugar coat it... Lol!

Goad
08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Amen! I agree 100%
I have had personal issues with waverunners, large offshore boats and wakeboard boats...some life threatening.....i will never say any of them should be banned....i just wish they would all be more aware of their surroundings. This includes on the ramp, in travel, while towing a skier/wakeboarder/tuber, while doing donuts/spin outs, while listening to your music, while doing 100+mph.
bottom line - be aware of your surroundings. youre not the only person on the water.

squirt'nmyload
08-20-2007, 07:10 PM
bottom line - be aware of your surroundings. youre not the only person on the water.
right on......just think about the guy in the bass boat just floating trying to fish :D ...i talked to one of these guys my last time out and i gotta tell ya he hated everyone at the lake that day :D :D

cave
08-20-2007, 07:12 PM
They don't even realize the wrong they're doing.
in most cases this is true. After meeting some of the wakers at the beach they really didnt know that if they're wakes cause an incident that they are responsible. That's why I say they just need some education. Eff the cocky ones. Eventually they will wake a Sheriff then game over.
Most of the bigger performance boats don't leave a huge wake once up on top of the water.

mike37
08-20-2007, 07:27 PM
the rangers wont let the wake board boats blast there music
on nacimeinto if they can hear it 20' away they shut them down
I don't want to hear them blast some foul language graphic description of licking pussy while boating with my kids

BILLY.B
08-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Great topic!!!!. I've had my share of total "Jack Off's" this season. Boating every weekend on the Vessel Assist boat has been an eye awakening experience. It's an honest toss up between PWC's and the wake boat guys as to who use's there brain the least. I'm towing a guy from down below I-40 up to Needles on the right hand side of the river. No one else around on the river and it's getting dark when this women towing her husband on a wake board just has to get right next to me throwing a huge wave that almost turned my tow into a salvage and then had the lips to wave at me. I just shook my head and threw my hands up. She had no idea what was wrong and either did her husband. This goes on all the time. It looks like a ton of fun and I do like to watch but not when it puts me and my tow in danger. They need to understand that it's not all about them!!!!

HP350SC
08-20-2007, 07:33 PM
The lake we boat on is 70% wakeboats. Funny thing is,
most of them are towing tubes. They rush to the water in the morning and fuuck it all up.
The manufacturers of these boats have everyone thinking you have to buy one of these tubs to do water sports. First they were designed NOT to make a wake, then oh shiit the wakeboard craze-better throw some ballast tanks in here. 70-80K for these POS boats, pure profit. We laugh our asses off at all the turd-pod crap they hang on the towers, bigscreen tv next?
It is entertaining to watch them barely do 20mph when the water gets rough, I love to cruise by around 80 nibbling on a chee-to.

BLOWN HOWARD
08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
That would be great "in a perfect world"....
I was floating the river south of Needles one summer and a wakeboard boat went past me at less than 20 feet. No one else on the river! I sat there pissed because he washed me down. My wife was with me so I tried my best to sit there and just let it go.
About 20 minutes later I see what looks like the same boat coming back down this time on the other side of the river. I stood up and flew the bird which at first was met by a freindly wave before they could see I was flipping them off.
Their wave turned to middle fingers as they went by pissed.
All this did was confirm to me that they didn't realize what they had done. I believe this is the problem with most of the idiot boaters (of all sizes) and ski flee pilots all over. They don't even realize the wrong they're doing.
Jerry in order for this to happen you would have to take the boat off of the trailer!!!!! :) :)

blown65
08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
the rangers wont let the wake board boats blast there music
on nacimeinto if they can hear it 20' away they shut them down
I don't want to hear them blast some foul language graphic description of licking pussy while boating with my kids
Agreed, I hate listening to their crap also. Mine does have the speakers on the tower, but I never play that Rap Crap.

HP350SC
08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I almost forgot, like others have said NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH YOUR DUMB ASSES SO DON'T DRIVE BACK AND FORTH WHEN WE ARE ANCHORED/SWIMMING/PARKED ON BEACH!:D

STV_Keith
08-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Gotta love a SMOKING 2-stroke. ;)

AirtimeLavey
08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Lol. This whining about the wakeboard boats is funny shiat. I guess you guys that say they fock up your water are also real careful not to jack up the water for the fishermen, canoers/kayakers, and sailboats, right? Rrrriiiiiight. :rolleyes:
It's the atitude of the driver and there are dipshiats in every category. Some of the most rediculous (cool) and loud stereo systems I've seen have been in Hot Boats at the Sand Bar or in the Channel. Wakeboats pump the tunes because it gets adrenaline going for when you're out there cutting and jumping. It's a little different than jamming the tunes while sitting on the shore slamming brews, but still, to each their own.
I'm not condoning the "flat biller", tatted out dudes w/tudes, but the boats themselves are set up pretty damn sweet for us active types. Maybe I'll just throw a roll bar and perfect pass on my 24' Lavey and get the best of both worlds....:D
Hating on other boats is weak. Educating ignorant boaters is the best approach and it's the only long term solution because it's here to stay. If I buy a wakeboat and you want to go all Nazi on me and take pics., write down my reg. #s, etc., I'll just turn around and take pics of you driving with the beer in your hand. :rolleyes: (;) j/k, that's not my style).

uLtRADeNniS
08-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Lol. This whining about the wakeboard boats is funny shiat. I guess you guys that say they fock up your water are also real careful not to jack up the water for the fishermen, canoers/kayakers, and sailboats, right? Rrrriiiiiight. :rolleyes:
It's the atitude of the driver and there are dipshiats in every category. Some of the most rediculous (cool) and loud stereo systems I've seen have been in Hot Boats at the Sand Bar or in the Channel. Wakeboats pump the tunes because it gets adrenaline going for when you're out there cutting and jumping. It's a little different than jamming the tunes while sitting on the shore slamming brews, but still, to each their own.
I'm not condoning the "flat biller", tatted out dudes w/tudes, but the boats themselves are set up pretty damn sweet for us active types. Maybe I'll just throw a roll bar and perfect pass on my 24' Lavey and get the best of both worlds....:D
Hating on other boats is weak. Educating ignorant boaters is the best approach and it's the only long term solution because it's here to stay. If I buy a wakeboat and you want to go all Nazi on me and take pics., write down my reg. #s, etc., I'll just turn around and take pics of you driving with the beer in your hand. :rolleyes: (;) j/k, that's not my style).
I completely disagree with you opinion but completely respect it, Its rather valid.:D
Unfortunately I will never like wakeboard boats. They blast nothing but lick my pussy rap music they drive super slow next to low profile jet boats. You hardly ever see someone wakeboarding by it. The have ugly roll cages to be mistaken by a cop boat. The operator and passengers where stupid bandannas and flat bill hats..
Hmmm.. I suppose its like a Ford vs Chevy thing.
Great topic!!!!. I've had my share of total "Jack Off's" this season. Boating every weekend on the Vessel Assist boat has been an eye awakening experience. It's an honest toss up between PWC's and the wake boat guys as to who use's there brain the least. I'm towing a guy from down below I-40 up to Needles on the right hand side of the river. No one else around on the river and it's getting dark when this women towing her husband on a wake board just has to get right next to me throwing a huge wave that almost turned my tow into a salvage and then had the lips to wave at me. I just shook my head and threw my hands up. She had no idea what was wrong and either did her husband. This goes on all the time. It looks like a ton of fun and I do like to watch but not when it puts me and my tow in danger. They need to understand that it's not all about them!!!!
Billy thats some funny shizz!:)
Hey Ive been wanting to talk to you about some paint work I need done. When the best time to call the shop.

rmarion
08-20-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not crazy about wakeboard boats myself, but I can honestly say the amount of damage they've caused to my boat in the three summers we've had it is probably less than $5. :D
spilled a few drinks..........:D
damm wakeboarders!!!!!!!!!:mad: :D

Moneypitt
08-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Funny when boats are sunk, people injured, docks damaged, shoreline eroded?? There is nothing funny about sitting in a freeboard challenged boat and see some azzhole coming right at you kicking 4 or 5 ft rollers......Not funny at all.......We are all responsible for our boats wake, even the people that think it is funny......Shoot your shot of the beer in my hand, (never) because that is legal. Purposely making a destructive wake is not legal, and worse than that, it isn't right. Argue all you want, you have no point. The wakeboard boaters are selfish, inconsiderate, and totally oblivous to anyone else's right to use the water......You wakeboard guys will easily recconize me, I'll be the one that passes you and stops so you'll have to come off plane, then I'll pass you again, and do it again, all day long. Go to Havasu, or do the big boats make it to rough for you?........MP
PS The land owners along the river would just love to have video of your boat causing damage to their "in need of repair" docks...Guess who will pay?......

TYLER DURDEN
08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Funny when boats are sunk, people injured, docks damaged, shoreline eroded?? There is nothing funny about sitting in a freeboard challenged boat and see some azzhole coming right at you kicking 4 or 5 ft rollers......Not funny at all.......We are all responsible for our boats wake, even the people that think it is funny......Shoot your shot of the beer in my hand, (never) because that is legal. Purposely making a destructive wake is not legal, and worse than that, it isn't right. Argue all you want, you have no point. The wakeboard boaters are selfish, inconsiderate, and totally oblivous to anyone else's right to use the water......You wakeboard guys will easily recconize me, I'll be the one that passes you and stops so you'll have to come off plane, then I'll pass you again, and do it again, all day long. Go to Havasu, or do the big boats make it to rough for you?........MP
PS The land owners along the river would just love to have video of your boat causing damage to their "in need of repair" docks...Guess who will pay?......
Why don't you take your "big boat" to the ocean? Or is it too rough for you?

uLtRADeNniS
08-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I think you should quite while your ahead "mr arrogant".... "I mean Mr I have no clue what Im talking about". :idea:
Why dont you go back to your boyfriend..or is he too rough for you??:D:D

hoolign
08-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Someone watched fight club a few to many times :rolleyes:

mbrown2
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
It's not the boat...its the boaters...everyone is responsible for the wake, and their idiocy....maybe folks should get licenses before the boat..
I will take a responsible wakesurfer doing 10mph out in front of my dock on a Sunday afternoon when the river is less crowded then some idiot river rat in a boat that sounds like crap, and louder then it is fast, some jet skier not looking before they turn, or some idiot boater in general in any boat that goes faster then 40mph and does not know how to navigate the river...
Get used to it, times are changing and all the restored biesmeyers is not going to change that...so you better start teaching your flatbill kid now how to respect others on the water....cause the next generation will buy far more roll bar boats then other boats due to insurance, emission restriction and noise laws against powerboats...:)

Moneypitt
08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I have no big boats........But if I did I would be sure to zig zag back and forth in front of every wakebarge I see. All the while filming your destructive wake as evidence for the people who's property you damage.....I may just quit my job and become a full time wake cop. I could live off a percentage of what the property owners collected from you and the insurance company you use to have..................MP

rmarion
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM
it wouldn't be so bad if the music sounded good(i like all music) but you guys buy the CHEAPEST FOCKING COFFIE CAN SPEAKERS THAT SOUND LIKE SHIT!;) no subs just am radio:( :D
not everyone..........;)
and ya won't please evryone with the music of choice..... lucky for me, my boys enjoy some oldies rock.... little bit of everything from Led, Stones, Petty, ACDC, ZZ, my brides gets tired of ACDC pretty quickly, her choice is some country...... we tend to turn down the sound with her choice.......:D we try to please everyone..... except moneypitt.......:( I hope he finds that perfect water of his choice......

Moneypitt
08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
not everyone..........;)
and ya won't please evryone with the music of choice..... lucky for me, my boys enjoy some oldies rock.... little bit of everything from Led, Stones, Petty, ACDC, ZZ, my brides gets tired of ACDC pretty quickly, her choice is some country...... we tend to turn down the sound with her choice.......:D we try to please everyone..... except moneypitt.......:( I hope he finds that perfect water of his choice......
And I hope you find the water of your choice. When I find mine, I'll leave it as I found it, quiet, flat, and glassy, how about you?............MP

rmarion
08-20-2007, 09:50 PM
And I hope you find the water of your choice. When I find mine, I'll leave it as I found it, quiet, flat, and glassy, how about you?............MP
when I launch, I go down river away from all crowds normally 8 miles, if I see two boats, thats two too many...
this is where we board......... nothing but rocks lining the river.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/rmarion/IM007547.jpg?t=1187675121
quiet????? do you hear the tree when it falls in a forest......... only if your there..........
you won't hear me, cause if I see you.....thats too many boats for me.....
we enjoy smooth flat water......... there's no flatie around, cause no one is watching.........
Enjoy the water.........:)

rmarion
08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
about two feet is all I got........ but I do get enjoyment from going wake to wake.........:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/rmarion/IM006909.jpg?t=1187675563

Coach
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
This is comedy to me.
I use to be a "***boat" owner. Sold it and bought a "wake" boat. I tow it with a 1994 F-150 not such a yuppy car as described above.
Yes it can throw a big wake, but so does a pontoon's or any other 28+ plus boat.
Yes you need glass to board just like a skier needs it. Surfing can be done without good water, but a bunch of rollers make it harder.
You are not the only boater on the water and we all have our ways of having fun. Some are on the PWC's, others fish, others board, and some just go fast. To each their own just be safe and respectful for one another. Don't come on and rant about one type of boater and stereotype them. You might as well start saying all Mexicans are illegal. Totally ridiculous. :mad: And by the way when I am tubing my kids I am playing some sweet songs like "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" or some sweet songs by the Wiggles. :D No really! My 2 year old son likes The Ramones blitzkrieg bop when he is skiing. If you want to hear rock and not see any flatbillers come by my boat anytime.

AirtimeLavey
08-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Yep, the hypothetical injury and damage you speak of is not a good thing. I would say then, you must boat in an area where there are no tour boats, houseboats, or production boats larger than 22'. Because all of those put out HUGE wakes. Even the large (28'+) customs put out big wakes. I now have a 24' Lavey and unless I'm on plane, I put out a big wake. My 19' low pro jet boat put out a big wake until I was all the way up. Wind makes chop that can overtop many low pro boats. I wouldn't take a 19' jet (although I did once :jawdrop: ) out in the basin on Mohave on a windy afternoon. What are you going to do? It's all part of it.
Unfortunately, you just can't teach manners to some people, but don't stereotype the category. Like someone else said, you'll be seeing more and more of them owned by people like me - non-flatbillers, with families that love the water. Btw, I've never seen a 4 to 5 ft. wake put out by one of these. That's knarly, Dude! :D

AirtimeLavey
08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
when I launch, I go down river away from all crowds normally 8 miles, if I see two boats, thats two too many...
this is where we board......... nothing but rocks lining the river.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/rmarion/IM007547.jpg?t=1187675121
quiet????? do you hear the tree when it falls in a forest......... only if your there..........
you won't hear me, cause if I see you.....thats too many boats for me.....
we enjoy smooth flat water......... there's no flatie around, cause no one is watching.........
Enjoy the water.........:)
Good post. Nice air. :D
about two feet is all I got........ but I do get enjoyment from going wake to wake.........:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/rmarion/IM006909.jpg?t=1187675563
I'm still trying to get all the way across (in the air, on purpose). :D

gqchris
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Str8 from the Urban Dictionary!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Flatbiller: Definition.....
Also called "BROs" because they constantly refer to each other as bro ("Hey bro"), a flatbiller is a kid covered in silly tattoes, tries his best to be x-treme, has a raised truck, rides dirtbikes and needs to talk about dirtbiking when other people are listening. Havasu and Glamis are the common vacation spots for west coast flatbillers. The term flatbiller refers to the flatbilled hats turned sideways that bros often wear. Common flatbiller accessories are custom lowered older cars, iron cross/west coast choppers stickers, bandanas, white stickers on the back window of their "street" truck that show how x-treme they are. Flatbillers are only allowed to wear black. There is an entire webpage devoted to providing flatbiller examples...
Two flatbillers involved in an intelligent discourse at work-
Bro #1: Hey bro did you see my new west coast choppers tat, now I really look like eminem bro.
Bro #2: Bro, that tat is crazy, bro, you do look like eminem bro. We look so different than everyone else that is trying to look different.
Bro #1: Yeah bro, when I go dirtbiking I will have to let it air-out with the nipple ring. We are x-treme individuals bro. Nobody knows how to party like us. Did I mention that we dirtbike bro.
Bro #2: Awesome bro, these tattoes are never going out of style bro. They are timeless bro, like that "Limp Bizkit" scar that you scratched into your arm in 9th grade, bro.
Bro #1: Yeah bro. I need to get out of here bro, we should go to Havasu this weekend.
Bro #2: Yeah bro, but payday is next friday and I need to sink all my cash into the 8-ball shift-knob on the '63 bro.
Bro #1: I hear you bro, we need to ditch this job and become union pipelayers bro. That would be x-treme.
Customer: Can I have the large fries please.
http://www.bierbower.net/diytower/redneck_wakeboard_boat.jpg

gqchris
08-20-2007, 10:57 PM
It is entertaining to watch them barely do 20mph when the water gets rough, I love to cruise by around 80 nibbling on a chee-to.
HAHAHAHAAH!!! That my friend is a great line:D
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Santa8T/cheeto.jpg

uLtRADeNniS
08-21-2007, 12:34 AM
&tThis is comedy to me.
I use to be a "***boat" owner. Sold it and bought a "wake" boat. I tow it with a 1994 F-150 not such a yuppy car as described above.
Yes it can throw a big wake, but so does a pontoon's or any other 28+ plus boat.
Uhhh no.. I bet a a pontoon or even 33 Daytona makes a smaller wake than your wake boat.;)
Str8 from the Urban Dictionary!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Flatbiller: Definition.....
Also called "BROs" because they constantly refer to each other as bro ("Hey bro"), a flatbiller is a kid covered in silly tattoes, tries his best to be x-treme, has a raised truck, rides dirtbikes and needs to talk about dirtbiking when other people are listening. Havasu and Glamis are the common vacation spots for west coast flatbillers. The term flatbiller refers to the flatbilled hats turned sideways that bros often wear. Common flatbiller accessories are custom lowered older cars, iron cross/west coast choppers stickers, bandanas, white stickers on the back window of their "street" truck that show how x-treme they are. Flatbillers are only allowed to wear black. There is an entire webpage devoted to providing flatbiller examples...
Two flatbillers involved in an intelligent discourse at work-
Bro #1: Hey bro did you see my new west coast choppers tat, now I really look like eminem bro.
Bro #2: Bro, that tat is crazy, bro, you do look like eminem bro. We look so different than everyone else that is trying to look different.
Bro #1: Yeah bro, when I go dirtbiking I will have to let it air-out with the nipple ring. We are x-treme individuals bro. Nobody knows how to party like us. Did I mention that we dirtbike bro.
Bro #2: Awesome bro, these tattoes are never going out of style bro. They are timeless bro, like that "Limp Bizkit" scar that you scratched into your arm in 9th grade, bro.
Bro #1: Yeah bro. I need to get out of here bro, we should go to Havasu this weekend.
Bro #2: Yeah bro, but payday is next friday and I need to sink all my cash into the 8-ball shift-knob on the '63 bro.
Bro #1: I hear you bro, we need to ditch this job and become union pipelayers bro. That would be x-treme.
Customer: Can I have the large fries please.
http://www.bierbower.net/diytower/redneck_wakeboard_boat.jpg
LMFAO!!!
Those wakeboards are worth more than the boat:D

rmarion
08-21-2007, 03:55 AM
hey where did you get a pic of my boat and crew.....
BTW!!!!!!
GONE TO MAUI!!!!!!!!!!!Later Fools!!!!!:D

RiverRatMike
08-21-2007, 05:04 AM
wa wa wa cry cry cry

BILLY.B
08-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Billy thats some funny shizz!:)
Hey Ive been wanting to talk to you about some paint work I need done. When the best time to call the shop.Anytime from 8:00 - 5:00. If I don't answer leave a message and i'll call you back. (909-982-8555)

Speedin' Ian
08-21-2007, 06:05 AM
This thread is great!!! Nothing like stereotyping an entire demographic of boaters because of a few bad fish. Kind of reminds me of what happened to all the v-drive people...
I've been running my wakeboard boat around the river every other weekend for the past two years and I can guarantee you I have pissed off more people in the few times we've ran the flatty. Everyone tends to think that all people should, or do, enjoy the type of boating they do.

ratso
08-21-2007, 07:01 AM
This thread is great!!! Nothing like stereotyping an entire demographic of boaters because of a few bad fish. Kind of reminds me of what happened to all the v-drive people...
I've been running my wakeboard boat around the river every other weekend for the past two years and I can guarantee you I have pissed off more people in the few times we've ran the flatty. Everyone tends to think that all people should, or do, enjoy the type of boating they do.
I didn't know there were enough v-drives around to be stereotyped... unless they just think you're one of those jet boat fags...
:D

ratso
08-21-2007, 07:04 AM
repost...

Kilrtoy
08-21-2007, 07:28 AM
This is comedy to me.
Yes you need glass to board just like a skier needs it. Surfing can be done without good water, but a bunch of rollers make it harder.
You are not the only boater on the water and we all have our ways of having fun. Some are on the PWC's, others fish, others board, and some just go fast. To each their own just be safe and respectful for one another. Don't come on and rant about one type of boater and stereotype them. You might as well start saying all Mexicans are illegal. Totally ridiculous. :mad: And by the way when I am tubing my kids I am playing some sweet songs like "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" or some sweet songs by the Wiggles. :D No really! My 2 year old son likes The Ramones blitzkrieg bop when he is skiing. If you want to hear rock and not see any flatbillers come by my boat anytime.
You mean they are not?

HM
08-21-2007, 07:38 AM
I didn't know there were enough v-drives around to be stereotyped... unless they just think you're one of those jet boat fags...
:D
The V-drive guys hang out in the parking lot. :D

BrendellaJet
08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
:argue:
Damn, Everyone just shut up for a minute!
The big deal here is we all need to be considerate of other boaters.
If you are a wakeboard boat and the wake is large, boarder in tow, you need to do whatever you can to minimize the impact of the wake & potential damage to those that you are passing.
***boaters need to do all they can to stay out of the way of wakeboarders, especially when they have someone behind them. Give them plenty of room. Navigating those wakes is not that hard to do. Go over the wake and get outta there.
When all else fails and a situation that is irritating to either party seems unavoidable or dangerous, GET OFF PLANE!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
I think it comes down to lack of common sense. It's not everyone but its many. Give people some space! think about what your wake will do!
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC02529.JPG
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC02544~0.JPG
The V-drive guys hang out in the parking lot. :D
Frank, if you see us v-drives in the parking lot please don't park so close. :boxed:

LAVEYSABRE575
08-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Wow, Stereotyping at it's best I personally hate rap music period, I just recently sold my Laveysabre and purchased an 08 Tige rz4 at first i bought it because my dghtr is 8 and she wanted to get into wakeboarding kind of hard behind a cat. I've had it out 3 times and i can honestly say i've had more fun in this boat than any cat or vee bottom i've owned. As far as respecting others with wake,launching or loud music that there is the responsibility of the driver and yes there are ignorant drivers in all types of boats.....I still love powerboats...Derek

fatboy95
08-21-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm not crazy about wakeboard boats myself, but I can honestly say the amount of damage they've caused to my boat in the three summers we've had it is probably less than $5. :D
$5.00??? You are a lucky man.... Wow! When I see one of those demon wakeboard boats I head for the calm waters of the marina. that way I know that monster wake is not going to tear off my outdrive or crack my gelcoat. We always get rigged in survival suits just as a precaution. I just hate going to the lake and getting all wet...:sqeyes:

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
08-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Well said! They are a pain, they mess up all of the ski water.
OHC

Goad
08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Back to what I originally said.
Amen! I agree 100%
Reminds me of some crappy after school special's slogan...."stop the hate, educate!" :D

RiverDave
08-21-2007, 09:24 AM
This board is going to shit...
RD

Jbb
08-21-2007, 09:28 AM
This board is going to shit...
RD
Lighten up Lil Mr.
RD SUX!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37522&stc=1&d=1187670058

RiverDave
08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Lighten up Lil Mr.
RD SUX!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37522&stc=1&d=1187670058
LMAO! Indeed... :D
RD

uLtRADeNniS
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
I think it comes down to lack of common sense. It's not everyone but its many. Give people some space! think about what your wake will do!
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC02529.JPG
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC02544~0.JPG
AWESOME PICS! ..Complete proof that Wakeboard Boat Drivers are fockin inconsiderate and dont respect anyone else on the water. Those pics look to be in front of the Avi(Seadoo and wake boat hell)....I hate trying to pass that place on a weekend.

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
That's what I'm talking about right there. :D
OHC

Screemy1
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I have a very low jet boat..... and all wakes and waves make my butt pucker..... but I just keep my eye out for those waves..... I like my friends wake boat.... but I have seen some idiots climb on top of their wake board toweers to jump in the water while beached.... some barely clearing their swim step.... but on the other hand, I have had other jet boats haul ass up on my stern while I was towing somebody... skiier, tuber, knee boarder, wanting to race.... I always fear that my skiir will fall right when somebody comes up on my ass..... if they think I wanna race while towing.... then they don't see the skiir and will kill them if they fell..... I in general hat people that get close when I am towing and hate people who tow others near busy entrances of coves, no wake zones, and busy water lanes..... all in all, I hate all "bad" boaters, and love the rest.... and saddly, more and more bad boaters then good lately..... hopefully more experiance will help.... I know I hold my temper and try to rationally explain to people if they do something wrong.:idea:

Big Inch
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Funny stuff here. I think the problem is not with the boats but the boaters in the driver's seat. My guess is that the ones that piss you off would find a way to piss you off just as much regardless of what they were driving.

TYLER DURDEN
08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
AWESOME PICS! ..Complete proof that Wakeboard Boat Drivers are fockin inconsiderate and dont respect anyone else on the water. Those pics look to be in front of the Avi(Seadoo and wake boat hell)....I hate trying to pass that place on a weekend.
Your an ass. So quick to judge without all the facts(I know, I know FACTS aren't admissible here). Maybe that boat just left the dock and was getting up on plane? I'm sure your boat or many others would put up a similar size wake at that point in time as well. He is close to the other boat, however if you've been there, then you know how busy it gets and maybe that was the best opportunity for him to exit the dock. I love how you like to stereotype wakeboats yet you are so quick to defend "performance boaters" ( ie: the Fountain thread). Real easy for some to say "those focken performance boaters, they haul ass, get drunk, and pull a fatal hit and run". Don't be a hypocrite.

fatboy95
08-21-2007, 10:45 AM
LMAO! Indeed... :D
RD
What kind of a dog is that? Does it have AKC papers??:D :D

uLtRADeNniS
08-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Your an ass. So quick to judge without all the facts(I know, I know FACTS aren't admissible here). Maybe that boat just left the dock and was getting up on plane? I'm sure your boat or many others would put up a similar size wake at that point in time as well. He is close to the other boat, however if you've been there, then you know how busy it gets and maybe that was the best opportunity for him to exit the dock. I love how you like to stereotype wakeboats yet you are so quick to defend "performance boaters" ( ie: the Fountain thread). Real easy for some to say "those focken performance boaters, they haul ass, get drunk, and pull a fatal hit and run". Don't be a hypocrite.
Bro I have a house about 5 miles down from that Casino. I cruise by it all the time. I've been there since that casino was built.. I understand its busy. That doesnt excuse that the seadoos and wakeboard boats poor driving skills. There is no reason you EVER need to get that close to another boat at that speed, with a wake that big. Have you ever heard of stop and wait your turn. There had to have been a better time to leave the dock, if thats the case you are arguing. Look at the pic of the Mastercraft.. Looks like the driver is distracted by his passangers anyways. That half of mile stretch of river is the most dangerous spot around there.. Because of the seadoos and giant wakes from wake boats. So dont tell me I dont know the facts.. I see it every weekend. As far as my boat making that big of a wake trying to get on plane...uhhhh..ummmm...NO. Sorry man.
And dont even try to pull that Fountain accident on me. 90% percent of the time a Sea-doo almost gets ran over or does.. Its the person on the seadoos fault. They dont look for shit. Especially all the rental skis at the Avi. It amazes me...only $70 an hour and anyone with a pulse can rent a 65mph wave runner.
Oh I also noticed you called me a hypocrite..seems like you used that word out of context..please explain what you mean.. Are you trying to say I get drunk and do hit and runs...Wow your a real piece of work.

Biglue
08-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Whaddayasay Tyler?? Making more HB friends huh? :D :D :D
LOL, what's up dude?

TYLER DURDEN
08-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Bro I have a house about 5 miles down from that Casino. I cruise by it all the time. I've been there since that casino was built.. I understand its busy. That doesnt excuse that the seadoos and wakeboard boats poor driving skills. There is no reason you EVER need to get that close to another boat at that speed, with a wake that big. Have you ever heard of stop and wait your turn. There had to have been a better time to leave the dock, if thats the case you are arguing. That half of mile stretch of river is the most dangerous spot around there.. Because of the seadoos and giant wakes from wake boats. So dont tell me I dont know the facts.. I see it every weekend. As far as my boat making that big of a wake trying to get on plane...uhhhh..ummmm...NO. Sorry man.
And dont even try to pull that Fountain accident on me. 90% percent of the time a Sea-doo almost gets ran over or does.. Its the person on the seadoos fault. They dont look for shit. Especially all the rental skis at the Avi. It amazes me...only $70 an hour and anyone with a pulse can rent a 65mph wave runner.
Oh I also noticed you called me a hypocrite..seems like you used that word out of context..please explain what you mean.. Are you trying to say I get drunk and do hit and runs...Wow your a real piece of work.
I was not implying you drink and drive at all. I was stating that you stereotype ALL wakeboats as $hitty drivers, no respect for anyone but themselves,etc, yet you are defensive about others stereotyping performance boaters as reckless drunks who pull hit and runs. Re-read the post.
And regarding the picture, maybe the boater in the back was hauling ass and came up on the wakeboat? We you there, nope, so get the facts before you judge. With regards to the Sea-Doo comment and your mentality, it would have been the Sea-Doo's fault and not the Fountain.

uLtRADeNniS
08-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Like I Said I will never like them. Ive even ridden in and driving one. The ride like shiit..
Its a Ford/ Chevy thing;) :D
... Well go about this for days.. And being that there are more performance boats on these forums than wake boats.. I guess we will always win.:D
And our stereos don't sound like tin cans..lol

Havasu1986
08-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Like I Said I will never like them. Ive even ridden in and driving one. The ride like shiit..
Its a Ford/ Chevy thing;) :D
... Well go about this for days.. And being that there are more performance boats on these forums than wake boats.. I guess we will always win.:D
And our stereos don't sound like tin cans..lol
I'm with you Dennis..I wish they would call them glass boats :) instead of wake boats. :mad:

uLtRADeNniS
08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm with you Dennis..I wish they would call them glass boats :) instead of wake boats. :mad:
lmao!:D
Oh and Tyler...Take another look at that picture.....Pontoon boat and hauling ass shouldn't even be in the same paragraph. :D ;)
Its also very likely its was "haulin ass"...the launch ramp is right there.

TYLER DURDEN
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Whaddayasay Tyler?? Making more HB friends huh? :D :D :D
LOL, what's up dude?
BIGLOU, YOU'RE MY BOY BIGLOU!
Having another wonderful day in paradise! :)

wright27
08-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Be sure to post pics of all of your boats, that way I can be sure to plow by all you pussies. :D
You talk bad about wakeboard boats. What about all the retards at Havasu and the River who drive by you ten feet away doing 80MPH +. Those are the real retards, and don't call me a hater. I could afford your big boat I just choose not to own one.:devil: Been there done that kinda thing. It is boring driving from one cove to another beach to drink and listen to music every time your boat hits the water.
Let the shit talking begin.

RiverDave
08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
whoops

RiverDave
08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
A few selective quotes that I just find flat ass amusing from this thread.. I gotta find where you two guys learned how to drive.. Did the course involve safety spin outs into reeds as well? :D
Dennis,
Man thats crazy. When I hit those or the wakeboard boat wakes..I usually fly 3 feet outta the water then my engine stalls.
That doesnt excuse that the seadoos and wakeboard boats poor driving skills.
LMAO!! :D
The thing I'm finding amazing here... Is these are all from THIS thread! I didn't even start looking through the rest of the board for more of the "My Ego's writing checks, my boat, or my ass can't cash" theory..
Now I'm not putting you in that category...Even though you put all performance boaters in the reckless driving newbie one;)
Guy... If I knew jack shit about boating, and I was listening to you talk in this thread? My god man... I'd sure have the same opinion. You complain about all these problems, yet never consider the fact that maybe YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!
Ultra Dennis... Lets take some of your quotes, and see if we can't follow some of your advice?
Dennis, your comment...
dont think they ever notice the 10 boats cruising far behind them waiting for an opportunity to pass.:idea: :mad:
Your Advice!!
Have you ever heard of stop and wait your turn.
Priceless!! But lets not stop there...
Your comment..
YOUR ADVICE!! LMAO!
There is no reason you EVER need to get that close to another boat at that speed, with a wake that big.
Looks like the driver is distracted by his passangers anyways. That half of mile stretch of river is the most dangerous spot around there.. Because of the seadoos and giant wakes from wake boats.
Nothing to do with launching boats out of the water, engine stalling, passengers landing on different seats, or perhaps just slowing it down a little in a situation that either you as a driver are incapable of handling, or perhaps a 19' picklefork is incapable of handling at that speed.
YOUR COMMENT..
So dont tell me I dont know the facts..
YOUR ADVICE!!! :D
Hey this is Hot Boat.com...Take your BS somewhere else.
Your right Brian... This place is the best. :D
RD

Jbb
08-21-2007, 12:13 PM
The shit just about writes itself...:D :D

riverfun
08-21-2007, 12:36 PM
;) Yea its all us wakeboard boaters. Nobody else ever does anything wrong. Me being sarcastic:D

fatboy95
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM
LMAO:D :D :) :D :)
But can they pick up a turd by the clean end??????

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Quit posting such big pictures. It makes the thread hard to read.
Carry on with all the whining. :D
P.S. Wakeboarders suck! ;)

Flyinbowtie
08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Funny stuff here. I think the problem is not with the boats but the boaters in the driver's seat. My guess is that the ones that piss you off would find a way to piss you off just as much regardless of what they were driving.
Bingo. This isn't about boats, trains, planes, or automobiles.
This is about people, and their self-centered, self absorbed, look at me/make way for me attitude, which has now become a way of life and is expressed in everything they do, whether it be driving a boat like an ass, driving a car on the freeway like an ass, or running a red light at an intersection under the philosophy that ,"Yellow means 8 more cars, red means 3 more, or until I get through"
One of the families we boat with has a 19 ft. Eliminator Jet, one a 18ft. I/O bowrider, and two of us have SkiSangers with no ballast, no bling, and pylon extensions to tow the people in our crowd that like to ski and do other wakesports. We do fine, we all get along, we enjoy each others boats, and each others company. We all understand that the lake is not our private playpen and not our backyard.
Whats being discussed here is a problem with PEOPLE.
The way this gets fixed is by us parents leading by example, and starting to re-introducing common sense, common courtesy, and common decency into the gene pool and commiting ourselves to the large part of the education process that takes place in a home, where parents take responsibilty for being role models for the children they have brought into the world.
There are a helluva lot of folks out there who don't have the most basic skills associated with living in close proximity to others, and they are the results of parents dropping the ball, pure and simple.
Parents dropped the ball, and then demand that schools, society, and government take responsibilty for raising their children.
Clearly, that didn't work, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.
There really is an epidemic of "Hooray for me and screw the rest of you" in this country of ours.
I saw it every damn day for 25 years, and it isn't going to get better until we turn off the damn TV and start paying attention to raising our kids again.
Rant Off.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
LMAO:D :D :) :D :)
But can they pick up a turd by the clean end??????
I can..:D
J/K..:D :D :D

BrendellaJet
08-21-2007, 12:56 PM
maybe all us ***boaters should write to our congressmen about our concern regarding the excessive wakes the "wakeboard" boats create and how its noticeably increasing erosion on the shoreline...:D

wright27
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Yea, over 18,000 times.:eek::D

Old Texan
08-21-2007, 01:28 PM
HeyJBB- Wonder how the "Wake Haters" would do on Lanier with all the 40'-60' Yahcts plowing along at 10-15 knots towards Cocktail Cove......Now that's wake......:devil:
Oh yeah and with packs of jetskies jumping those big wakes cross channel...Keeps you on your toes going through there. :)

Rocknpalms
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
This is from Oregon State Marine Board
I want to know if each boat comes with the common sense or is it an upgrade when purchased
http://www.boatoregon.com/Safety/wakeboat.html
Wakeboard Boat Operation
Wakeboard Boats Require Extra Common Sense
Boats designed to create large wakes are garnering complaints from other boaters, conservationists and shoreline residents. You can prevent regulations restricting use of wakeboard boats by operating responsibly.
Wakeboarding is a cross between snowboarding and waterskiing. Unique, exciting and very popular, the sport is growing rapidly. The growth is fueling new boat designs and add-ons for existing boats, all aimed at increasing the boat's wake.
A wakeboard boat is like a ski boat but has hundreds of pounds of extra ballast and a hull shape or fittings to create a larger wake. Even older ski boats can be fitted with up to 1,500 pound ballast tanks to increase their wake.
On this wake, borders practice such moves as hoochie glides, whirly birds and backside spins. The larger the wake, the bigger the air, the better the ride. While there is nothing inherently dangerous or damaging about a wakeboard boat, the way they are operated can damage sensitive shoreline areas, tip other boats and anger nearby water users. Additional ballast can also make a boat unsafe and illegal to operate.
Always operate your wakeboat away from other water recreationists. Recognize that the larger wake can be dangerous to swimmers, canoeists and boat anglers. Avoid operating in narrow rivers or canyons where steep banks reflect the wake creating more turbulence. The operator of the boat is responsible for damage caused by the wake, including damage to boats, docks or injury to persons.
Add-on ballast tanks may destabilize your boat. Depending on your boat's design, on-board water bags can shift the boat's center of gravity and, in some circumstances, increase the likelihood that the boat will capsize or pitch sharply during turns, especially if bags are not securely fastened down and shift during maneuvers. Add-on ballast bags also take up floor space, increasing the tripping hazard on boats.
Add-on ballast tanks may make your boat illegal to operate. If your 18-foot ski boat has an 8-person/1200 pound capacity and you load in 750 pounds of ballast bags, you now have room for 450 pounds of people and gear. Since boarding and skiing is a three-person job (skier, operator and spotter) that load limit will likely be exceeded.
The Marine Board has been asked by the public to consider regulatory restraints on operation of these types of craft. New regulations will not be necessary if people learn to operate these craft safely, responsibly and avoid conflict with other users.
Please, be especially considerate of others when operating these types of watercraft.

wright27
08-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Most wakeboard boats with built in ballast tank don't really throw that hugh of a wake. There is always that dumb ass who can't ride for shit but thinks putting 2000lbs in his boat is cool. That must be what most of you on here are talking about. Go ahead and hate on the posers, I hate them also.

BrendellaJet
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, looks like Oregon is already on the ball. Im surprised California hasn't already banned those things.

Jbb
08-21-2007, 01:56 PM
HeyJBB- Wonder how the "Wake Haters" would do on Lanier with all the 40'-60' Yahcts plowing along at 10-15 knots towards Cocktail Cove......Now that's wake......:devil:
Oh yeah and with packs of jetskies jumping those big wakes cross channel...Keeps you on your toes going through there. :)
All in the name of good fun!...:D

Dan Lorenze
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow, looks like Oregon is already on the ball. Im surprised California hasn't already banned those things.
California will just find a way to tax them.. :)

Goad
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
maybe all us ***boaters should write to our congressmen about our concern regarding the excessive wakes the "wakeboard" boats create and how its noticeably increasing erosion on the shoreline...:D
i dont think thats the solution.....if you get tree huggin hippies involved that cant tell the difference between wakeboard boats and a jetboat......they will put all recreational boats in the sights of their granola slingers (remember, they dont like guns either)
i think the waterways are a bit too "free" and "open"....i think a license (seperate class rating then your average drivers license) should be aquired to drive a watercraft and should require testing (written and driven) in order to obtain a license.
the people who everyone is complaining about here are just unedjumacated on what they are doing....they are just clueless.....do you guys think they are doing it intentionally? yeah, there might be a few bad apples who do it intentionall, but there always will be.

BrendellaJet
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
i dont think thats the solution.....if you get tree huggin hippies involved that cant tell the difference between wakeboard boats and a jetboat......they will put all recreational boats in the sights of their granola slingers (remember, they dont like guns either)
i think the waterways are a bit too "free" and "open"....i think a license (seperate class rating then your average drivers license) should be aquired to drive a watercraft and should require testing (written and driven) in order to obtain a license.
the people who everyone is complaining about here are just unedjumacated on what they are doing....they are just clueless.....do you guys think they are doing it intentionally? yeah, there might be a few bad apples who do it intentionall, but there always will be.
I agree with you on the license. But these idiots are gonna get themselvesousted on their own, Id rather pipe up and take credit for the idea so I can be a hero to all boaters:D
FYI I was joking...Again I think licensing for all boaters would be a great idea.

thatguy
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
A few selective quotes that I just find flat ass amusing from this thread.. I gotta find where you two guys learned how to drive.. Did the course involve safety spin outs into reeds as well? :D
RD
Now thats funny!
Kilrtoy would have none of this "20 mph Wake sh*t" !! :D :D

Rocknpalms
08-21-2007, 04:21 PM
:argue:

Kilrtoy
08-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Now thats funny!
Kilrtoy would have none of this "20 mph Wake sh*t" !! :D :D
I do that speed once a day,
When I am putting the boat back on the trailer.