PDA

View Full Version : B.C.=Before Casale

Mr. V-Driver
08-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Before Ernie Casale invented the Casale V-Drive, he used to be partners on the GreenMan/Casale Special.
1. Here's a pic. of him in the white pants and "Famous White Mobil Hat", alongside "The CAR" and Johnnie Tolan in the Red drivers suit. :)
2. "The CAR".
3. Andy Casale and New Owner John Davis.
This legendary car ran at Laguna Seca this last weekend amongst many other Indy roadster racecars.

dmontzsta
08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
amazing.

Racey
08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
That's bitchin! speaking of the old race cars has the Offenhauser been out lately???

DUCKY
08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Very cool old pics Mitch

GofastRacer
08-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Those are some cool pics!..

Marty Gras
08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
That's a Watson "lay down" chassis isn't it? (too low for a Kurtis) They started around 1955? It's too bad everyone here missed the Peterson Museum tribute to the Indy cars of the 1950's a few years ago. Your family had quite a few cars in that presentation. Too bad Bruce Meyer has bought up everything and KILLED the prices. I am still trying to find one particular car my dad built for the 1957 Indy 500. I have photos of me standing next to it while it was being built. (in Burbank) I'd love to "drag it around" to all the WRA events. I'm very happy that Andy is active with the cars he loves, (DEEP in the turns) I wish my dad had the energy to go out to the events and talk with all the "old guys". I haven't talked with Arlen in years, is he doing the "K500's" or the midgets? G

sc fab 1
08-21-2007, 11:28 PM
That's a Watson "lay down" chassis isn't it? (too low for a Kurtis) They started around 1955? It's too bad everyone here missed the Peterson Museum tribute to the Indy cars of the 1950's a few years ago. Your family had quite a few cars in that presentation. Too bad Bruce Meyer has bought up everything and KILLED the prices. I am still trying to find one particular car my dad built for the 1957 Indy 500. I have photos of me standing next to it while it was being built. (in Burbank) I'd love to "drag it around" to all the WRA events. I'm very happy that Andy is active with the cars he loves, (DEEP in the turns) I wish my dad had the energy to go out to the events and talk with all the "old guys". I haven't talked with Arlen in years, is he doing the "K500's" or the midgets? G
Arlen and i are doing the 500s and 500m sports cars his dad did. We restore and build new ones. the midget thing slowed down a little, being that he doesn't get to the events much more. Arlen is backing off a little now and i am trying to pick up the slack (big shoes to fill!). He still comes to the shop every day and works as if he was still 30 ( he's 73yrs old ). he is a very good man and mentor. kind of been holding my hand for the last 2 yrs. trying to get the ball rolling in my court so he can go golfing more.

rrrr
08-22-2007, 02:50 PM
That's a Watson "lay down" chassis isn't it? (too low for a Kurtis)
It's a Kuzma/Offy.......Tolan finished 13th in the 1958 Indy 500. I'll try and find more history on the car and post it for you, Mr. V-Driver.
BTW I got to meet Andy at the Turkey Night Grand prix back in 2002.......he had the midget there along with the photo albums. Very cool stuff.

rrrr
08-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Must have farted. :D

Mr. V-Driver
08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
That's bitchin! speaking of the old race cars has the Offenhauser been out lately???
Will Be Running at Perris Speedway-SAn Bernadino this Saturday 9-1-07,
Come check it Ouuuuttt!!! :)

JWM
08-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Andy When can I test drive your hot rod # 2
JW

Mr. V-Driver
08-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Andy When can I test drive your hot rod # 2
JW
???? Andy say's the cockpit was made to his exact measurements ONLY! L.O.L.:)