PDA

View Full Version : A couple weekend shooting pix.

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Went shooting with a buddy on Sunday. It was an awesome day out.
We brought out 3 AR-15's, Remington 700 LTR with a Silencer!, and 5-6 hand guns. My wife broke in her new Ruger SP101. She loves it. She likes the Taurus Titanium better but the weight of the Ruger is better for control.
Yes, she wears eye protection. She was just sighting in the LTR. The sound supressor is awesome (no hearing protection needed!). We were not using sub sonic rounds so it sounds like a loud air pistol. The Walther 22 with the supressor is really quiet. All you hear is the action and the shells hitting the ground.
http://www.hellodaly.com/uploaded_images/CIMG0359-765335.JPG
My buddy Shannon and I.
http://www.hellodaly.com/uploaded_images/CIMG0330-754869.JPG
Wife shooting her Ruger SP101 with 38. She has not shot 357 out of it yet.
http://www.hellodaly.com/uploaded_images/CIMG0340-739948.JPG
Shannon and his AR. Bushmaster 16", YHM flash sup, Eotech 512, Skeleton stock.
http://www.hellodaly.com/uploaded_images/CIMG0337-755668.JPG

socalmoney
08-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I hope you picked up all your brass..... We only get one Earth.

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I hope you picked up all your brass..... We only get one Earth.
Of course!! We actually do a walk after we are finished and pick up any other trash that may be around as well. We are the type of people that not only pack out what we pack in, we pack out more as well!
I F-N hate people that litter!!!!!!:mad:

Screemy1
08-21-2007, 10:03 AM
when I was in the military..... I picked up my brass.... :eek: :jawdrop: NOT!!!... when on Navy ships the brass just fell into the ocean... but that is nothing.... you should see all the trash that is tossed overboard..... not to mention a plane that caught on fire...... a little brass in the desert will give the kids 30 years from now to find and play with :devil:
on another note.... the trash that is left from shooting and those damb shotgun shells..... that is BAD!

socalmoney
08-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Of course!! We actually do a walk after we are finished and pick up any other trash that may be around as well. We are the type of people that not only pack out what we pack in, we pack out more as well!
Damn dude, I was being sarcastic but that is sweet. Props to the beav.

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Damn dude, I was being sarcastic but that is sweet. Props to the beav.
Its cool. I learned from my parents to always treat the earth and your surroundings with respect. Heck, there is a reason our family's favorite Pres was Teddy R. He was the perfect mix of conservationist, gun/hunting rights, people rights, but didn't take crap. I wish we could have another Pres like him. :)

THOR
08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Is that behind Black Mountain?

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Is that behind Black Mountain?
Technically yes, but many miles down the road. This is South of Black Mtn about 10 miles. It is BLM. I don't like shooting that close to town. I think the area behind Blk Mtn is BLM, but like I said, I like to get farther out where there are no people for safety. We belong to the BC range, but we like to go out in the desert and shoot as well.

THOR
08-21-2007, 11:02 AM
I recognized that area. I owned a house in Paradise Hills a few years back and used to ride back there.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Its cool. I learned from my parents to always treat the earth and your surroundings with respect. Heck, there is a reason our family's favorite Pres was Teddy R. He was the perfect mix of conservationist, gun/hunting rights, people rights, but didn't take crap. I wish we could have another Pres like him. :)
Me too. Amazing that he came from a blue-blood family and was still so humble around the common man. He felt he had a lot to learn from everyone.

mobldj
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
cross the border now muchachos

Caljamr
08-21-2007, 12:01 PM
This is a dumb question from a non shooter and i'm not trying to start any crap. I was just wondering.
You pick up the shells but what about the bullets? I know there far away. But are they so small and spread out that it's not an issue?

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
This is a dumb question from a non shooter and i'm not trying to start any crap. I was just wondering.
You pick up the shells but what about the bullets? I know there far away. But are they so small and spread out that it's not an issue?
The impact on the environment is very little. Driving your car to work does more damage to the earth than a full day of shooting at paper targets in the desert. Although it is a good question.:)

Caljamr
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Cool. Like i said it was probably a dumb a question.
I remember visiting my uncle in Texas and we went shooting on some country road way out in the middle of nowhere. It was the first time i shot a shotgun. My shoulder hurt for days after that one shot. :) I also shot a .357 revolver. It was crazy powerful.

Phat Matt
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Good luck even finding them! Maybe if you had a metal detector you might find something that use to be a bullet but that would still be tough in the desert. :)

finsfan4life
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
"PIck up ur brass" OMG Ur kidding right!!!! Dont u know it's funny when the near extinct Ca. condor chokes on them !!!! HA !!!
I bet all those Raider fans dont pick up their brass in the streets of L.A. !!! Hey B.R., next time have ur wife aim for the yard at state prison out there !!!! Extra points for head shots !!!!

455Rocket
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Ruger :yuk:
Taurus :yuk:
Get the poor woman a 1911! :)

YeLLowBoaT
08-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I always pick up my brass... I reload :D

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Yup!:)

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
She shoots 1911s but they are a little too big for a carry gun...LOL
She likes revolvers.

YeLLowBoaT
08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
She shoots 1911s but they are a little too big for a carry gun...LOL
She likes revolvers.
I carred a commander length for years... That changed when I got my delta elite. :D

franky
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
That little Walther package with the silencer is cool. Don't you have to have some special license for a silencer?

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
That little Walther package with the silencer is cool. Don't you have to have some special license for a silencer?
Absolutely! Unless you don't mind being in violation of federal law with a possible penalty of 10 years & $10000 fine. Also depends on what state you live in as to whether you can have 'em at all. In quality states it's just a matter of a background check, a wait, and paying a small transfer tax, as they're controlled by the NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (nfa).Here in the people's republik of mexifornia they're ILLEGAL. PERIOD.

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Imagine, the nerve of somebody quashing your constitutional right to have a silence on your assault weapon.
EXACTLY. While I'm certain you're being sarcastic, the 2nd amendment says what it says. If the FOUNDERS could comment I'd bet they'd say ALL "gun control" laws are unconstitutional.

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm quite sure the founders never envisioned private citizens having assault weapons and silencers. If you want to play patriots and redcoats, get yourself a musket and call it a day. ;)
And, BTW, I am for as little government intrusion as possible, but somethings are just so patently wrong that they need to be intruded upon. You don't need an assault weapon, you're not going to assault anything.
Exactly who are you to tell me or anyone else what's needed. And for your info an "assault weapon", by definition, is capable of FULL AUTOMATIC FIRE. The weapons I'm sure you're referring to are nothing more than semi-auto rifles. If you don't want one, don't buy one. But don't for a second presume you have the right to tell me what I can own.

cdog
08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
EXACTLY. While I'm certain you're being sarcastic, the 2nd amendment says what it says. If the FOUNDERS could comment I'd bet they'd say ALL "gun control" laws are unconstitutional.
Werd!
“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”
Glad to see I'm not the only gun nut here. With a butt like that she can shoot what ever she want's.:D

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Werd!
“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”
Glad to see I'm not the only gun nut here. With a butt like that she can shoot what ever she want's.:D
How long before some simpleton points out the word REGULATED as though he/she knows what it meant.
I'll give 'em a hint...it had NOTHING to do with rules and regulations.

cdog
08-21-2007, 06:50 PM
How long before some simpleton points out the word REGULATED as though he/she knows what it meant.
I'll give 'em a hint...it had NOTHING to do with rules and regulations.
Until they're on the Supreme Court I don't really give a shit what they think about it.;)

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 06:57 PM
None of you are in a well regulated militia. Pick up a weapon and stand a post, that's what I did.
No problem though. Gun control is about 1/10 the way up my list of stuff I really give a crap about. I'm not naive enough to believe that if "assault style" weapons were banned, they would be gone tomorrow. I just don't think you happen to need one unless you plan on killing some Ruskies or invading somewhere more exotic than Rancho Santa Margarita. ;)
Read your history. The main point of the 2nd amendment was to prevent the rise of a tyrannical government. It's worked pretty well so far, in addition to being the main reason we've NEVER BEEN INVADED...EVER. Wonder what's gonna happen if it keeps progressively getting undercut and weakened.

burbanite
08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Imagine, the nerve of somebody quashing your constitutional right to have a silence on your assault weapon.
Silencers are environmentally friendly.

cdog
08-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Original intent
There are basically two ways to interpret any document written by someone else. The wrong way is to interpret it the way we want to interpret it in light of our personal prejudices and cultural pressures. This is routinely the way our present Congress and court system actually do interpret the Constitution. The right way is to interpret it as those who wrote it intended it to be interpreted. This is what is meant by the Constitutional doctrine of original intent. According to this approach, we are not so much interested in the legal precedents handed down in previous court cases as we are in the historical context of drafting and ratifying the Constitution.
"The people" means individuals
The next idea we must examine to understand the Bill of Rights is "the people." The Bill of Rights recognized three entities which are to be governed and united under the Constitution. First, there is the United States which refers to the federal government. Second, there is the states which refers initially to the first thirteen and now to the fifty state governments. Finally, there is the people which refers to individual citizens, not the federal or state governments. It is "the right of the people to peaceably assemble." It is "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms." It is "the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects." And other unmentioned rights are to be "retained by the people."
All the rights of the people, indeed all of the first nine amendments, are rights we have as individuals and are limitations on the state's powers.
http://www.publiceye.org/ifas/library/militia/1-3.html

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
The main reason we've never been invaded is that we're extremely isolated from our enemies, bordered by only two, friendly countries, and most, if not all, of them simply do not have the resources or military capability to accomplish such an endeavor. It's the logistical equivalent of you swimming to Hawaii to beat up Honolulu.
I love the "read your history" salutation, BTW. What are you trying to say? Are you smarter than me? Know more than me? Or do we simply have different opinions? Anytime you're up for some competitive standardized testing, let me know, my treat. ;)
How do you interpret "read your history" to mean that I think I'm smarter than you? You obviously could use a refresher course on the 2nd amendment. You seem opinionated about it, and your opinion seems based on something other than what the 2nd amendment says and means.
Smarter than you...how should I know? We've never met. What do I know of your intelligence level, besides what you've written here?

cave
08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm quite sure the founders never envisioned private
citizens having assault weapons and silencers.
If you want to play patriots and redcoats, get
yourself a musket and call it a day. ;)
And, BTW, I am for as little government intrusion as
possible, but somethings are just so patently wrong
that they need to be intruded upon. You don't need
an assault weapon, you're not going to assault
anything.
I believe Muskets were, at that time, the modern assault weapon.
I thought we were being invaded. At least here in AZ we are. Comprenday:D

THOR
08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
SWB and I dont agree all that often, but in this case I will have to side with him regarding the assault rifle dealio.
The second point we agree on is that the SEC is the king of all football known to man. Sorry Bob, but I had to go there as the season will kickoff in about a week. ;)

THOR
08-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Dude, I can't wait to get back to smacking college ball with you and a few others. I used to belong to a golf forum with a TON of members in Ohio, PA, Tenn, Fla, LA, AL, AR, etc. It was very heavily populated by the northeast and south. We had a blast every football season, college and pro.
Word to that. I will have to say that the early BCS call will be USC and WVU in the championship game or USC and LSU. I would much rather see the latter.

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Like I said previously, it's not real high up on my food chain of world problems. I'm just of the belief that the average citizen does not need an assault weapon with a silencer. Now, if you're calling those weapons semi automatic rifles, then I guess they're not technically assault weapons. I support your right to own a firearm, but I believe that the type of firearm you own should be tempered by good judgement and common sense. I carried an MP5N (silenced) for a living, I would never have one in my home.
As for the read your history comment, I took it to mean that because I didn't agree with you on a point, that I must go back and relearn something to come to agreement with you and your views. That smacks of superiority. If you don't see that, I'm sorry.
1st off I'd like to sincerely thank you for your service. I know it's because of MEN like you that we have rights to discuss. As to "superiority"...hell no. I'm not so arrogant as to think I'm superior to ANYONE I've never met. I simply don't see what right you or anyone has to decide for me what I need or should have.
An mp5n, huh? Navy man? Seal?
Again, I thank you for your service.

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 07:36 PM
SWB and I dont agree all that often, but in this case I will have to side with him regarding the assault rifle dealio.
The second point we agree on is that the SEC is the king of all football known to man. Sorry Bob, but I had to go there as the season will kickoff in about a week. ;)
Again, an assault rifle is, by definition capable of firing multiple shots with one squeeze of the trigger. The weapons in question are nothing more than semi-auto rifles.

burbanite
08-21-2007, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=ShockwaveBob;2746117] ...You don't need an assault weapon.../QUOTE]
...And, I don't "need" a boat that is faster than I can walk...but...
ShockwaveBob, I think you may have gotten some of your information from the Dianne Feinstein book of firearm terminology, unfortunately, she doesn't know shit from clay. Well, actually she probably does but telling the truth would not suit her agenda.
I have several AR's, my wife even owns one and shoots the shit out of it. Why? Cause it is as fun as hell. :D I love the fact that I can own pretty much own whatever I want, be it a semi auto rifle, a full auto rifle or a boat that will do more than 100 mph.
There is no reason to "debate" the meaning of the Second Amendment, and really, the only people that do are those that wish to see it disappear in order to satisfy their own need to find a cause to latch onto that will further their political career. Gun control is probably the easiest issue to spread disinformation about.

beaverretriever
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm quite sure the founders never envisioned private citizens having assault weapons and silencers. .
LOL, I don't quite thing a Remington 700 bolt action is quite the "assault weapon" you are thinking of...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D That is about close as I can get to that "musket" you speak of.:D
I would hate to hear what you have to say about all my ARs, M1As and the 50 BMG that I shoot.;)
I don't remember who asked the question about owning a silencer but yes, you do need to register it with the ATF. It takes about a 1-8 months to get all the paperwork through and $200.00 per silencer.

GHT
08-21-2007, 07:48 PM
What Up my brutha
Speaking of shots... That sure is a nice shot in your siggy line...:)
Ya'll still going to Havi this weekend? Status on the boat??
We will call ya'll tomorrow too.
Don

UncleJoe
08-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't know Diane Feinstein from Diane on Cheer's. I'm a fully grown adult capable of making my own decisions and forming my own opinions. I appreciate the fun factor involved, believe me. I was a '46 door gunner instructor for many years, nobody knows how much fun it is to blow the crap out of stuff more than me. I also know that if the average citizen pulled a gun on me, I would take it away from them. If I was so inclined, I would use it against them. Luckily, I'm not inclined towards that end. I actually had a gentleman pull a gun on me in a parking lot one time. He was disarmed without incident. :D I know there are a lot of people out there capable of handling a gun properly and using it if necessary. However, a lot more aren't, and that's the part that troubles me the most.
And there are far fewer that can safely disarm someone. Many folks in Arizona carry weapons with the proper permits and training.

UncleJoe
08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
You'd be surprised how easy it is when you think somebody's going to shoot you. :D
Hey, in AZ can you still carry a sidearm?
Yes as long as it stays in the holster.
BTW I know how easy it is and after disarming them it would not be necessary to use the weapon on them as they would be in a rather disorientated state of mind if still alive!

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Well, if it were up to me, I'd make all of you form a well regulated militia if you wanted to own a weapon. :D
Love to. Who's in?

'75 Miller
08-21-2007, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=ShockwaveBob;2746117] ...You don't need an assault weapon.../QUOTE]
...And, I don't "need" a boat that is faster than I can walk...but...
ShockwaveBob, I think you may have gotten some of your information from the Dianne Feinstein book of firearm terminology, unfortunately, she doesn't know shit from clay. Well, actually she probably does but telling the truth would not suit her agenda.
I have several AR's, my wife even owns one and shoots the shit out of it. Why? Cause it is as fun as hell. :D I love the fact that I can own pretty much own whatever I want, be it a semi auto rifle, a full auto rifle or a boat that will do more than 100 mph.
There is no reason to "debate" the meaning of the Second Amendment, and really, the only people that do are those that wish to see it disappear in order to satisfy their own need to find a cause to latch onto that will further their political career. Gun control is probably the easiest issue to spread disinformation about.
Oh miss feinstein, little miss hypocrite herself. Both she and barbara boxer have concealed carry permits, though they fight every attempt at allowing the rest of us to get one. Pieces of shit, both of 'em.

burbanite
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I know there are a lot of people out there capable of handling a gun properly and using it if necessary. However, a lot more aren't, and that's the part that troubles me the most.
Point taken and agreed with.
I don't know you. I do know a little of your background and cannot, in this type of environment, properly convey my gratitude for the things you have done in a way that sounds sincere enough. I also have a large amount of respect for several people on here that do know you and would go to the wall for you, that is enough for me.
Whilst I understand your concerns regarding private ownership of these types of weapons I myself cannot differentiate between owning an AR and owning a Daisy if the person is incapable of handling one then the same is true for the other regardless of what it is.
I can see and appreciate that much of your experience with firearms came from within a controlled environment where you received a lot of intense training which you then used in highly charged and unstable situations that not many of us have had to face. Does this then skew your view of why people like myself should or should not own the weapon of our choice?
Bob, I am in no way trying to provoke an argument but I am interested in your thinking on this. I have spent many years promoting and protecting gun ownership and am always on the lookout for fresh ideas and opinions.

YeLLowBoaT
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I would just like to point out in CA there has only been 1 crime with a class III( since there was class III weapons) weapon by its owner, and that was a cop killing his wife and trying to make it look like a gang hit.
I personally don't think the untrained public needs to own a fully automatic weapon. I do beleave that CAs gun control laws are a big joke.( and some of the one they tried to pass would make you crack up) I see nothing wrong with people being able to own semi automatic weapons. Nor do I see a prob with people owning Surppressors as they do have a very practical purpose when it comes to home defence. In the close quarters of a house every round you discharge from a unsurppressed fire arm you and those around you are suffering permanent hearing damage.(as well as being deaf for a short period of time)

cave
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
If you have the proper paper work you can own a Full Auto here in AZ. I see & hear them everytime I go riding. Not to sure about the silencers but I've seen them on the range and the Sheriff didnt flinch.
You can still carry in public. So long as its holstered. Except in Tempe near ASU. You can carry in your vehicle too so long as its holstered and not in or around ASU.

XtrmWakeborder
08-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Sick 700, I want one!

mobldj
08-21-2007, 08:38 PM
if you have the need for a BIG gun you must have a little dik,serve in the military like some of us , then you have the right to be a flag waver...helter skelter is coming

voodooCanoe
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
What is the point about ASU?
I'm thinking it is the same with any campus. You can't carry, just like a courthouse or any govt. building.

voodooCanoe
08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Here in Oregon there was a big stink made by a guy that was living on campus, had a CWP and was in trouble for packing. Had gotten into a big debate about his right to carry and protect his "home" and going against the campus anti-carry laws. It kind of lost the spotlight and I haven't kept track of the outcome. ????

cdog
08-21-2007, 09:26 PM
AZ is open carry and a shall issue CCW after a firearms course is taken. As long as you have a clean background you can get the permit. Silencers/Cans are legal with the $200 tax stamp and sheriff write off as well as NFA firearms, Pre 1986 M16,AK's FAL"S M60's and other full auto and short barreled weapons.
http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/T_SHIRT_D/PATRIOTIC_POLITICAL/images/TED_KENNEDY_S_CAR_HAS_KILLE2.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
08-21-2007, 09:30 PM
if you have the need for a BIG gun you must have a little dik,serve in the military like some of us , then you have the right to be a flag waver...helter skelter is coming
I have the upmost respect for those who serve/have served in the armed forces. Hell my best friend of 22 years joined the navy this year. I personally would rather pay my way through college and make twice as much as him. Does that not give me the right to be a "flag waver"? Hmm big guns and little diks, that's a bit hard to prove and I don't care to find out so i'll leave that one alone.

burbanite
08-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Oh boy...:confused:
So unless I have served I have no right to support this country and the BOR and Constitution?? I don't have the right to enjoy the things those documents allow??
My dik (sic) size is my business and as I said before, "need" has nothing to do with this subject.

cave
08-22-2007, 04:24 AM
OK, so not specifically ASU, just any college campus, or any school campus more likely? That makes sense, there's enough guns there already. :D I seem to remember some old school banks had gun checks too.
Just stating the facts. I love ASU and the village but sycos go where victims are easy. Not sure what you mean about "there are enough guns there already" but yes there is a large police presence there.
Here in the Phoenix area you are allowed to carry exposed. A native doesn't flinch when we carry but a trans plant shivers. That's because they are used to the bad guys having guns. Once they have been educated they understand that bad guys don't use a holster.
I respect those who have a different opinion. I hope they do the same. I wont force guns on you and hope you wont force your views on me. Oh & thank you for your service.
Plinking is fun and I thank my pops for all the education in the use of the guns we had. Someone here had a sig line that said "My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car". I like it :D. I cant field strip a socom II or any other modern weapon with a blindfold. But with my Dillon reloader I can load a cap that will tap bottom:D Its not just the shooting part for me its the whole deal. Loading my own rounds. The drive to the areas and the look on new to AZ people faces when I get gas and coffee.

THOR
08-22-2007, 06:09 AM
My dik (sic) size is my business
If that were the case you wouldnt be in Conn., you were more than likely be living in or near Chatsworth, CA. ;)

LOWRIVER2
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
What's up C-2?
Hope summer was good.
We'll have to meet up and let off some rounds either at Eagle's nest or out in Parker sometime
LR

cdog
08-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Lowriver2, Riding season is right around the corner. Same with quail.:)

Sleek-Jet
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah well... f'uck you...
I love this free speech shit... :D
I always get a kick out of guys that say those that surved have more right to wave the flag then the rest of us. Thanks for your sevice to our country and assuring we still live under this blanket of freedom... but I pay my taxes and I vote, and as such I have just as much "right" to excersize the liberties given to me by the constitution as you do.

beaverretriever
08-22-2007, 08:19 AM
What makes you think I never served? Anyways......
Man, I had know idea that this thread would blow up in to a giant political debate.:)

cdog
08-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Isn’t it ironic how a tool like mobldj took an oath to defend the constitution yet he denies it to the people of who it pertains to. What a fuk stick this guy is. He should stick to digging fox holes and taking out the trash because deep thought is definitely not on his list of outstanding qualities.

Sleek-Jet
08-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Man, I had know idea that this thread would blow up in to a giant political debate.:)
Next time do a hunting thread... 5 pages by lunch guaranteed... :D

burbanite
08-22-2007, 02:12 PM
You should know that ANY thread about guns ends up like this...:) At least we all know where we stand on the issue and at the end of the day I hope it is at each others backs.
Sounds like you guys had fun anyway. What scope were you using on the 700?
THOR, I'm a little on the slow side but I think I get it....;) My wife is from SoCal but I am a Kiwi therefore things take longer to sink in because of the need to translate...:)