PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to everyone.

JOHNNY44
08-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support. I was finally released from St. Mary's Long Beach Hospital friday night and got home Saturday morning. The staff at that hospital was awesome, they couldn't have made such a miserable situation soo comfortable.
All the people who have written, called, and stopped by- Thank You. This is why I love boat racing, it is like a huge family that i am so happy to be a part of. Everyone has been soo supportive.
I guess it was kinda rough out there, but at this point and time I still don't remember any part of the wreck. I remember waking up at St. Marys. I was wearing a brand new SRP inboard racing jacket. The doctors said that the neck restraint worked beautifully but for some reason the jacket did not right me in the water, which caused me to drown. I was treated for a severly sprained left ankle, multiple bruises and lacerations on my left side, and for a salt water drowning. It is gonna be a slow recovery for my lungs, which gain more strength everyday, but by the grace of god I am still here.
The Bezer was destroyed, but my family and I have a new Daytona hull at home ready for rigging. Hopefully some race soon we will have SS44 back out there racing, we love it too much to stop. But for now hopefully I can see everyone at San Diego. Once again thank you for all your support. Boaters, Boat Racers are the best kind of people.
Thanks,
John Willoby Jr. SS44

WannabeRacing
08-21-2007, 10:45 AM
We are all really glad to hear that you are doing better. Looked a little hairy for a while there. Hope that everything continues to improve. If you need anything for that new boat, let us know.

dossangers
08-21-2007, 10:56 AM
FANTASTIC NEWS Glad your OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Glad to hear you're ok John! Definately a rough deal!
Take her ez.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC02698.JPG

riverjunkie
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Very glad to hear you are back home and doing better. Take it easy and hope for a speedy recovery.

Jetboatguru
08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
John, great to hear from you. Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Ralph Brunt
08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
that wreck happend right in front of me and it looked bad, i'm sure glad your ok. take it slow then get back in the saddle.
ralph

Chris Kenner - PS681
08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
John, very glad your doing well. Even better news that you are home mate. Great that your helmet restraint worked as it should for you. I would not race without one, in fact since I started racing I never have.
I have your's & Jeff's APBA race cards so you know. E-mail me with your address & I'll send them to you.
Looking forward to seeing at the races soon. Take care mate.

gnRacer98
08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Good to hear your doing well!

GofastRacer
08-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Glad to hear things are going well, best wishes for a speedy recovery!..

revndave
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Great news.

Moneypitt
08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Good to hear from you John, great news that you are home and on the way to a complete and speedy recovery...Nasty looking wreck, even nastier watching you floating face down......Several on the beach were ready to swim out to you, but the rescue boat finally showed up...Scary deal.......Get well soon, see you at the races.......Ray and the PS89 team......

Life's Rough
08-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Take your time, Fully recover then put that Daytona together. Just glad your home and recovering.
Sincerely, Pat Eason and the entire K-711 crew

hotwireflyer
08-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Glad to hear your on the mend. get back in the saddle ASAP HotWireFlyer

fc-pilot
08-21-2007, 11:41 PM
That is great news! You have been on our minds from the moment of the incident. We hope that you will be back to full health very soon.
Paul Miller and the WannabeRacing Team

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Awesome news! Thanks for posting and letting us all know you are ok!
;)

LUCKYSTATTOOS
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well!:)

mango madness
08-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm glad your OK John we were worried about you.
If there's anything we can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.
Hope to see you in San-Diego!
Mike D.

79 Howard
08-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Yes John I would agree by the grace of God you are here and wish you the best of recovery with your lungs. Many of us stood on the shore wanting to help you as we watched you grasp for life and bob for air, the shore was silent as we all thought the same thing " come on man you can do it you can make it and where is the stupid rescue boat. You could feel that many wanted to dive in and swim to you but knowing what good would we do. The salvage boat did the best they could, kudos to them. Thanks for the update. 79