PDA

View Full Version : New Hatch

Danhercules
08-22-2007, 07:58 AM
I need a new hatch made for me boat. Any shop in Corona/Norco anyone recomends?

MKEELINE
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I think Designer is in Corona. Their number is (951)371-4255. They do really good work.

Mr. Crusader 83
08-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Dan, look in the forum for san diego marine shops. Someone recomended a shop in Norco that does great work.

HM
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Martinez in Norco is doing my boat right now and already did an engine hatch and jump seat for me. GREAT pricing and GREAT quality. I don't know what I did with the number at this moment in time.
But, to get there....2nd street to Hamner...go south. Pass In n out. Take the first right. Follow that street around and Martinez is on the left. In the back of Innovative Garage.

BrendellaJet
08-22-2007, 08:42 AM
ditto on Martinez. They do really nice work and their pricing was half of what Designer wanted...:idea:

MKEELINE
08-22-2007, 08:51 AM
ditto on Martinez. They do really nice work and their pricing was half of what Designer wanted...:idea:
Designer qouted me around $1,000 for a new engine cover. I thought that was a little steep. They do nice work, but they aren't cheap.

HM
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Designer qouted me around $1,000 for a new engine cover. I thought that was a little steep. They do nice work, but they aren't cheap.
I had a dog house engine cover with scoop, a boat width hatch that is a foot deep behind the engine cover to access batteries and what not, and jump seats. I also did some clothe material on the jump seats that blend into the small hatch....really really clean and the way the hatch opens and the top of the dog house opens is really trick. They made everything and reinforce the wood framing with glass. $1,000.

Johnwithjm
08-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I think Designer is in Corona. Their number is (951)371-4255. They do really good work.
I think they just moved into a building at Lavey

Brewzed
08-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Martinez did the original interior in my old Crusader in 99. Look good, but didn't hold up very well. I have friends that have used Designer and it's much better quality. All I can say is you get what you pay for.

MKEELINE
08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
I had a dog house engine cover with scoop, a boat width hatch that is a foot deep behind the engine cover to access batteries and what not, and jump seats. I also did some clothe material on the jump seats that blend into the small hatch....really really clean and the way the hatch opens and the top of the dog house opens is really trick. They made everything and reinforce the wood framing with glass. $1,000.
That sounds like you got alot more than I was going to get for my money. I ended up building it myself and having a local guy upholster it, ended up costing me $300 and some time. It came out "almost" as good as the first one that Designer built.