PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut to havasu from Corona

Sleek316
08-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I have been this way but I can't remember the turn off.
Take California 95 toward Vidal juntion. There is an obscure but passable road with a bridge (Name that I am looking for) that crosses the river @ about Poston on AZ 1
Its a maintenance bridge used by Metropolitan Water District. But it is open to the public.
I think this route saves about 20 miles.

Ziggy
08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Don't know what its called but I've heard Boatcop mention it before.

Hal
08-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Is it Agnes Wilson Rd just up past Lost Lake?

essexjet
08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
How is that compared to going through Desert Center?

Kyote
08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Watch your speed once you cross the bridge into Arizona. You are on the Indian Reservation and I can assure you that the CRIT police are there with you.

That Guy
08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Can anyone give more precise directions? Any new way to the lake that saves time and money, I want to hear about....:)

Boatcop
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Can anyone give more precise directions? Any new way to the lake that saves time and money, I want to hear about....:)
I-10 to Blythe.
Take US 95 exit (Intake Blvd)
North on US 95 to just past Lost Lake. About 31 miles
Right turn on Wilson Road. (There's a big white sign on the left side of the road)
Go across the bridge, then about 2 miles to Mohave Road.
Turn left on Mohave Road.
Turn left on California Ave / AZ 95 by Bradley Chevrolet.
Go to the second light. Turn right
North 38 miles to Havasu

That Guy
08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I-10 to Blythe.
Right turn on Wilson Road. (There's a big white sign on the left side of the road)
North 38 miles to Havasu
Thanks Alan....great info as always....oh, and I actually trust you:) :)

HOOTER SLED-
08-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I-10 to Blythe.
North 38 miles to Havasu
This doesn't really sound like a shortcut for the guy asking. Considering you have to go all the way to Blythe. Now, alternative route it possibly is. :)

OCMerrill
08-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I-10 to Blythe.
North 38 miles to Havasu
How much time does this save over just going through Erinberg? Cant be that much?

Boatcop
08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
How much time does this save over just going through Erinberg? Cant be that much?
It doesn't save a whole lot of time over going through Ehrenberg. But it does keep you out of the farms for 30 miles. And at this time of year, with the alfalfa catapiller turning into those yellow butterflys, it'll save a lot of time not scrubbing on your vehicle later.

OCMerrill
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
It doesn't save a whole lot of time over going through Ehrenberg. But it does keep you out of the farms for 30 miles. And at this time of year, with the alfalfa catapiller turning into those yellow butterflys, it'll save a lot of time not scrubbing on your vehicle later.
Ehrenberg....I spell like a third grader. Which is ok considering my 4th grade education.
The butterflies would be reason enough. I had forgotten about that. I will try this route next time just for S&G.
Thanks Alan.

iparky
08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
there are still butterflies up the cali 95 as well, went two weeks ago and the front of the mercedes was yellow. so there is no good way to get away from them.

uLtRADeNniS
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
The Butterflies sure are alot better than the locusts. I've had alot of fun scrubbing the skins off the side of my house the last few times Ive been up.:rolleyes:

Sleek316
08-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the route.
I have a friend with MWD I'll check out these directions and advise if there is an additional alternate.

Sleek316
08-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Agnes Wilson is the road with the river crossing between CA 95 & AZ 1
I understand big rigs are not allowed on portions of CA95 due to bridge load capacity.
Maybe not a shorter route but may be quicker with less traffic.

riverroyal
08-26-2007, 03:40 PM
no time saving.