PDA

View Full Version : To good to be true?

bahner454
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Check out this deal on E bay.
Sounds like a scam to me, To good to be true!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230164279024&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

ck7684
08-22-2007, 11:39 AM
:idea: They seem to know plenty about it too, so you would think that they would know more about it's worth. I have heard of some hijacked ads, but it's hard to say for sure...

IMPATIENT 1
08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Check out this deal on E bay.
Sounds like a scam to me, To good to be true!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230164279024&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1
yep, the same guy is trying to sell a black and silver tx-19 there too, i reported him, he's got alot of damn id's though. check his other ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Youngblood-TX-19-Tunnel-Hull-Jet-Boat-Super-Clean_W0QQitemZ330158316261QQihZ014QQcategoryZ8065 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BrendellaJet
08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Its a scam. That boat belongs to Brian aka DiscoCharger...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC01191.JPG

IMPATIENT 1
08-22-2007, 12:01 PM
you guys report anything yall see like that, my buddy almost got swindled into that tx-19 before we all noticed it been sold before 2wks prior for 10500 by the real owner. i reported the tx-19, somebody else needs to report this other boat.
man, it seems like ebay could id his server and not allow it anymore!:mad:

IMPATIENT 1
08-22-2007, 12:07 PM
i went ahead and reported the guy, if yall see the 2900.00 buy it now b.s. again, please report it before a fellow ***boater takes it in the ass from this guy!

Squirtcha?
08-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Forgive me. I have never bought or sold anything on ebay. I'm curious as
to how "the scam" works?
I'm not being sarcastic or doubtful about what you guys are suggesting.
Just that I don't get how the whole thing is supposed to work.
I'm in Arizona so say I bid on this thing and I won (Yay!). I wouldn't
be wiring him any money. I'd be taking it with me when I go to pick up the boat
(low life lives in Scottsdale supposedly)
I can see how an out of state person might send him the cash and get swindled,
but how is he gonna burn me?
No...........I'm not a bidder. Like I said I never bought or sold anything on ebay and
don't plan to. Just trying to better understand the criminal mind here.

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Forgive me. I have never bought or sold anything on ebay. I'm curious as
to how "the scam" works?
Its pretty easy. he takes some pics form another auction or off the web. "sells" you the item and insist on getting the money up front. happends all the time.

'75 Miller
08-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Its a scam. That boat belongs to Brian aka DiscoCharger...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC01191.JPG
Damn, looks like DiscoCharger's got himself a sweet ride. Who's the manufacturer?

Squirtcha?
08-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Its pretty easy. he takes some pics form another auction or off the web.
"sells" you the item and insist on getting the money up front. happends all the time.
Guess I don't have to sweat it since I don't use ebay.
Personally I don't understand someone laying down thousands of dollars in advance for something purchased
sight unseen (other than pictures). Guess that happens all the time too.

steelcomp
08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Good job guys. It's been removed from ebay.

TRG
08-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Damn, looks like DiscoCharger's got himself a sweet ride. Who's the manufacturer?
Bahner

ck7684
08-23-2007, 04:35 AM
I wouldnt send thousands, but with these big purchases it's common to pay some down, say $500 or so. It's a pain to have items up for sale and have people bid and then the winner doesnt pay or even get ahold of you. Also why there is a user rating and history. Problem now is that some people's ID's are getting hijacked. Also, if a guy decides to sell his car/boat on ebay, they might not have sold much else, so no history, and it's hard to say if it's legit. I've never been scammed, but also never made any huge purchases either...

502 JET
08-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Ebay is a great place to buy and sell stuff. You have to watch the too good to be true deals because they usually are.
Also scammers will get your name from an item you bid on and offer a second chance saying the winner did not pay for the auction. They will try to get you top wire them money. ANYTIME someone suggest you wire them money on EBAY they are trying to rip you off.
NEVER wire someone money for an Ebay transaction!
These scammers get your email off Ebay and send you an email that looks offical asking you to confirm your password or your account will be suspended. This is called fishing. If they get your password they will take over your account and use your good name and feedback to list a scam auction. Hoping they can get someone to wire them money. If you get an email thats looks like its from ebay and you suspect it may be a fake check your message folder on your MY Ebay page and the message should be in your in box. If its not there its is a spoof email. Foward these to spoof@ebay.com and they will take care of it.
Unless you have an item in your hands NEVER complete the deal outside of Ebay.
Happy Ebaying!:D

ck7684
08-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Yea, dont ever reply to emails. I get a ton in my junk mail folder from "second chance" offers for crap like antique radios etc that I would never bid on in the first place.

IMPATIENT 1
08-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Ebay is a great place to buy and sell stuff. You have to watch the too good to be true deals because they usually are.
Also scammers will get your name from an item you bid on and offer a second chance saying the winner did not pay for the auction. They will try to get you top wire them money. ANYTIME someone suggest you wire them money on EBAY they are trying to rip you off.
NEVER wire someone money for an Ebay transaction!
These scammers get your email off Ebay and send you an email that looks offical asking you to confirm your password or your account will be suspended. This is called fishing. If they get your password they will take over your account and use your good name and feedback to list a scam auction. Hoping they can get someone to wire them money. If you get an email thats looks like its from ebay and you suspect it may be a fake check your message folder on your MY Ebay page and the message should be in your in box. If its not there its is a spoof email. Foward these to spoof@ebay.com and they will take care of it.
Unless you have an item in your hands NEVER complete the deal outside of Ebay.
Happy Ebaying!:D
i agree, i love ebay, couldn't even think about having a jetboat as a hobby now without being able to save alittle $$ buyin offa ebay. experienced ebayers know how to weed out the scams and report them.
this guy scamming everyone is stealing honest ebayers id's and passwords with a trojan virus, which is key copying software. he steals the honest ebayer's id, lists a fraud boat ad, sells, it goes into the dooped ebayer's paypal and retrieves the 500.00 bucks advanced to him thru paypal. its a slick scam, but he got caught,

bahner454
08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
I had also turned this guy in to E-Bay
Just for kicks I had E-Mailed this guy, this is what he replied. I knew it had to be a scam!
Hi,
I apologize for delay.
The boat is in great condition, no accidents, clear title.
The price for the boat is $2900
I am selling because I am in the middle of divorce and I have no other alternative. The boat drives and looks brand new and never have any kind of problems. I can arange free delivery for USA and Canada ONLY. First of all please note that I'm not at home for the moment, I am in London, UK , because of my job I have to travell very much so my suggestion is to managed this transaction trough eBay services.
The financial part will be managed by eBay. The only thing I request from you is to make the payment to eBay ($2900) but no money will reach my account until the boat is inspected. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the boat is verified by a legitimate party.
Look how this works:
1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.
2. They will send us the forms by email - for you about the payment.
3. I will send the boat to your location and you will send the money at eBay.
4. After you will inspect the boat (5 days) and decide to keep it, eBay will forward this money. If by any reason the boat is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working vehicle.
I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure everything is clarified before any further steps. Please, let me know if some of the terms does not feet you or if you have other queries. Feedback is appreciated.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
Have a nice day

IMPATIENT 1
08-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I had also turned this guy in to E-Bay
Just for kicks I had E-Mailed this guy, this is what he replied. I knew it had to be a scam!
Hi,
I apologize for delay.
The price for the boat is $2900
I am selling because I am in the middle of divorce and I have no other alternative. The boat drives and looks brand new and never have any kind of problems. I can arange free delivery for USA and Canada ONLY. First of all please note that I'm not at home for the moment, I am in London, UK , because of my job I have to travell very much so my suggestion is to managed this transaction trough eBay services.
The financial part will be managed by eBay. The only thing I request from you is to make the payment to eBay ($2900) but no money will reach my account until the boat is inspected. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the boat is verified by a legitimate party.
Look how this works:
4. After you will inspect the boat (5 days) and decide to keep it, eBay will forward this money. If by any reason the boat is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working vehicle.
I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure everything is clarified before any further steps. Please, let me know if some of the terms does not feet you or if you have other queries. Feedback is appreciated.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
Have a nice day
i got the samen bullshit when i emailed about the tx-19:D i counted 6boats yesterday that this guy is scamming, i turned him into ebay on 4 of em before i got sick of messin with it.

IMPATIENT 1
08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Sent : Thursday, August 16, 2007 5:13 AM
To : te_1051@hotmail.com
Subject : Re: Question for item #200142220505 - Youngblood TX-19 Tunnel Hull Jet Boat Super Clean
| | | Inbox
Hi,
I apologize for delay.
The financial part will be managed by eBay. The only thing I request from you is to make a deposit to eBay ($2900) but no money will reach my account until the boat is inspected. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the boat is verified by a legitimate party.
Look how this works:
4. After you will inspect the boat and decide to keep it, eBay will forward this money. If by any reason the boat is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working vehicle.
Have a nice day