PDA

View Full Version : Max RPM'S 4400 OR 5500?

R/C-PILOT
08-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Ran the boat on Saturday, man it was great. The engine owners manual shows the max RPM'S for this motor to be: 4400. I noticed with the addition of the ramp loader and rebuilding the carb , I now have about 5400 RPM'S, I don't recall if it changed with trim up or down. Before the ramp loader,on the 12JE pump, it was about 43-4400 RPM'S max. Is this due to the ramp loader?

hotbo
08-22-2007, 01:10 PM
better check your tach.:idea: imo you could have lost something is amiss here that kinda rpm is way outta line just by rebuilding,carb and changing loader.

BrendellaJet
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
was the carb changed at the same time? If so, try taking the loader off and see what it does.

DUCKY
08-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Ran the boat on Saturday, man it was great. The engine owners manual shows the max RPM'S for this motor to be: 4400. I noticed with the addition of the ramp loader and rebuilding the carb , I now have about 5400 RPM'S, I don't recall if it changed with trim up or down. Before the ramp loader,on the 12JE pump, it was about 43-4400 RPM'S max. Is this due to the ramp loader?
I'd say you either have tach problems, or that new loader is causing one hell of a cavitation problem......... Picking up 1000 rpms sure would make a difference in the seat of pants feel if it were for real......

R/C-PILOT
08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes, the carburetor was rebuilt and installed at the same time the loader and Place diverter were installed. I will have to look again at the tach, next time out. When I ran it the other day, I saw the general area the tach needle was in, however I was in a rain storm. I did look at it briefly a couple times, confirming that I was at approximately 5300 RPM. Maybe the tach or connections didn't like all the rain. (I know I didn't). The boat definitely handles and performs better, rides with the last 18 inches of the hull in the water at W.O.T.