PDA

View Full Version : NO NEW POSTS IN TWO DAYS?

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 08:11 AM
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? frown

D-BO
08-23-2002, 09:54 AM
I've noticed the same thing, I haven't been posting because I've been too busy trying to keep my boat running!! I've only blown it up 3 times since Memorial Day!!

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 10:02 AM
D-BO:
I've noticed the same thing, I haven't been posting because I've been too busy trying to keep my boat running!! I've only blown it up 3 times since Memorial Day!!whats wrong wit it? :confused: what do you have?

FASTPACE
08-23-2002, 01:17 PM
TOBEK: ARE YOU RUNNING KLOTZ IN YOUR RIG NOW? I SAW THAT YOU RECOMMEND OR HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS LUBE!

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 01:49 PM
FASTPACE:
TOBEK: ARE YOU RUNNING KLOTZ IN YOUR RIG NOW? I SAW THAT YOU RECOMMEND OR HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS LUBE!I have never run it...Havasudreamin was using it and I was giving him a hard time about his 2.4L being hard to start becaude of it...I found Syngeryn OIL and loved it....tobtek

stanpace
08-23-2002, 02:13 PM
thanks : i visited the web site and considered a purchase, but was wondering about the mixing ratio and viscosity. i think i will look around a little bit more. how about snake oil?
fastpace eek!

Jungle Boy
08-23-2002, 03:22 PM
TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :(Everyone is out shopping for a new jetboat. wink

Kwicherbichen
08-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Jungle Boy:
TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :( Everyone is out shopping for a new jetboat. wink Now that is too funny :D :D :D

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Kwicherbichen:
Jungle Boy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :( Everyone is out shopping for a new jetboat. wink Now that is too funny :D :D :D [/QUOTE
That really is funny! Why would anyone spend good money to buy a huge swirtgun with seats? I want a boat that the motor takes up half of it....rigggggght J/K jet boat people :D

Kim Hanson
08-23-2002, 08:04 PM
Very funny,let's get a "JET-BOAT" and complain more.... :mad: :D :D

Jungle Boy
08-24-2002, 04:48 AM
Kim Hanson:
Very funny,let's get a "JET-BOAT" and complain more.... :mad: :D :D Kim, One ride with me on the Upper Red Deer River and I'll bet you a 24 of Bud that you'll convert into a tin boat crazed fool like us. The short season in Alberta just don't make sense to have a lake boat. If I lived in Kelowna, no doubt I'd own a big ass prop job. We boat from the day the ice break to the odd day into December. It ain't warm, but it's boating. No Cops, No Problems.
Happy riggin :cool:

Kim Hanson
08-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Jungle Boy..
Already looking for one,it just has to have the look that gives me a woody!....( . )( . )..... :D

stanpace
08-25-2002, 07:18 PM
IF ALL IF HAD IS A SAND OR GRAVEL BAR IN LESS THAN A FOOT OF WATER, MAYBE HAVING TO SKIP A ROCK BAR OR TWO, ON A NARROW ,WHITE WATER RIVER/////////I'D BE JETTIN, JUST COULDN'T BE AS FAST. MAY HAVE ALITTLE MORE COMNTROL. CAN YOU GUYS CATCH FISH OUT OF THOSE THANGS?

burbanite
08-26-2002, 07:25 AM
TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :(Well, one of the reasons is that our friend Havasudreamin' is busy getting married to his lovely fiance`.
He was trying to get to 1000 posts before he left...
:D :D :D J/K HD!

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 08:38 AM
burbanite:
TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :( Well, one of the reasons is that our friend Havasudreamin' is busy getting married to his lovely fiance`.
He was trying to get to 1000 posts before he left...
:D :D :D J/K HD!And let me guess......they went to Havasu for there HONEYMOON!.....with any luck!

D-BO
08-26-2002, 09:58 AM
TOBTEK

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by D-BO:
TOBTEK[/QUOTE
ummmmmm, yes?

D-BO
08-26-2002, 10:09 AM
TOBTEK
The motor is a 200 Merc. in the last 2 seasons it's blown up 8 times, I think?? I guess the exhaust ports have been perted too much. We keep catching a ring on the exhaust port and breaking the ring then it blows out that cylinder. It runs great for about 8 hours then it's done!! Next season I'll have a new powerhead, actually the motor from flywheel to prop will be brand new!!

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 01:11 PM
D-BO:
TOBTEK
The motor is a 200 Merc. in the last 2 seasons it's blown up 8 times, I think?? I guess the exhaust ports have been perted too much. We keep catching a ring on the exhaust port and breaking the ring then it blows out that cylinder. It runs great for about 8 hours then it's done!! Next season I'll have a new powerhead, actually the motor from flywheel to prop will be brand new!!I know of a 1998 2.5 complete. do you want a whole new motor? $8999.00 interested??????

D-BO
08-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Possibly for a race motor, but for a play motor the 200 is perfect. The boat is a 1989 Laser that I just got done restoring. I don't think I would want a 2.5 for an every day motor. I run around with a bunch of Alisons with 2.5's and after seeing what they go through I'll be willing to give up mph for reliability. If I don't end up getting it I'll be sure and spread the word!!!!

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by D-BO:
Possibly for a race motor, but for a play motor the 200 is perfect. The boat is a 1989 Laser that I just got done restoring. I don't think I would want a 2.5 for an every day motor. I run around with a bunch of Alisons with 2.5's and after seeing what they go through I'll be willing to give up mph for reliability. If I don't end up getting it I'll be sure and spread the word!!!![/
whats going on with your friends 2.5's I have found them to be very reliable.I always run very good fuel (avgas from local airport) which is pretty inexpensive compared to say VP fuel or other race fuel. And I have them set up with stock heads, I wouldnt want high comp ss heads..Mine are just for play, not a racer by any means!!!!! wink

D-BO
08-26-2002, 03:39 PM
The problem with all of my friends 2.5's are that they spin them to the moon and they "pop". I'd be the same way, heat of the monent hammer down!! If you got it why not use it? I've turned down allot of races because of having a smaller motor, people just think I have a big motor because I've got a 2.5 cowl on it. I know me and if I have that "big" motor than I'll use it and make it faster then I'll break it. This is why I'm going back all stock!!

ZSARGO
08-26-2002, 04:07 PM
HEY TOBTEK. I SEE YOU HAVE A 2.5 MERC FOR SALE. SAME YEAR AS MINE. HOW IS THE CHARGING SYSTEM ON YOURS. MY BATTERY GOES DEAD EVERy COUPLE OF DAYS. IS THIS NORMAL FOR THE 2.5? FIGURED YOU MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH IT. I'M GOING TO PUT MINE UP FOR SALE AT LAKELAND MARINE AND PUT A 300X ON IT. HOW IS YOUR COMING ALONG?
[ August 26, 2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

TOBTEK
08-26-2002, 07:10 PM
ZSARGO:
HEY TOBTEK. I SEE YOU HAVE A 2.5 MERC FOR SALE. SAME YEAR AS MINE. HOW IS THE CHARGING SYSTEM ON YOURS. MY BATTERY GOES DEAD EVERy COUPLE OF DAYS. IS THIS NORMAL FOR THE 2.5? FIGURED YOU MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH IT. I'M GOING TO PUT MINE UP FOR SALE AT LAKELAND MARINE AND PUT A 300X ON IT. HOW IS YOUR COMING ALONG?YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP! My new one is on order, spring delivery! But, I noticed yours online again, So I was thinking if I was to buy yours/sell the 2.5 off it/rerigg it with a new 300x???????hmmmmmmmmm. I was getting a fill if your 2.5 was marketable....to funny. Any bites at 36K? make me a crazy deal, and I just may forget about the 2003 :D

ZSARGO
08-26-2002, 07:51 PM
I HERE YA. I LOVE THE BOAT. BUT YOU KNOW "NEVER FAST ENOUGH." I THINK I CAN SELL THE 2.5 PRETTY EASY. PUT THE 300X ON IT AND IT SHOULD RUN IN THE LOW 90'S. I ALSO THOUGHT OF PUTTING ANOTHER 2.5 ON IT. NOT SURE IF I WANT TO DEAL WITH TWO MOTORS AND THE COST OF INSURANCE. I FIGURE IF I CAN SELL THE 2.5 FOR 8 OR 9 THOUSAND I COULD FORK OUT THE 15K FOR A 300X. 6 GRAND FOR ANOTHER 12-14 MILES PER HOUR. NOT TWO BAD. WHY DON'T YOU JUST BUY ONE WITH TWINS. I SAW ABOUT 4 MACH 22 WITH TWINS THIS WEEKEND IN HAVASU. MY BOATS PRETTY QUICK WITH JUST A SINGLE. I CAN'T IMAGINE IT WITH TWINS.

TOBTEK
08-27-2002, 07:27 AM
ZSARGO:
I HERE YA. I LOVE THE BOAT. BUT YOU KNOW "NEVER FAST ENOUGH." I THINK I CAN SELL THE 2.5 PRETTY EASY. PUT THE 300X ON IT AND IT SHOULD RUN IN THE LOW 90'S. I ALSO THOUGHT OF PUTTING ANOTHER 2.5 ON IT. NOT SURE IF I WANT TO DEAL WITH TWO MOTORS AND THE COST OF INSURANCE. I FIGURE IF I CAN SELL THE 2.5 FOR 8 OR 9 THOUSAND I COULD FORK OUT THE 15K FOR A 300X. 6 GRAND FOR ANOTHER 12-14 MILES PER HOUR. NOT TWO BAD. WHY DON'T YOU JUST BUY ONE WITH TWINS. I SAW ABOUT 4 MACH 22 WITH TWINS THIS WEEKEND IN HAVASU. MY BOATS PRETTY QUICK WITH JUST A SINGLE. I CAN'T IMAGINE IT WITH TWINS.I just dont want to deal with two motors! the whole maintence thing, fuel comsumtion,mixing gas and oil for not only one, but two..no thank you! And like you said the insurance, I hear insurance is a kink even with a single let alone two motors hanging on the back of a tunnel. We also want to ski and wakeboard a little, I think it would be pretty tough with twins. Im really excited about ordering a brandnew boat, But its a ton-o-dough! I have been talking KAB from the boards here, he bought the 22 with twin 300 dragmotors Dave is advertising, That thing is SICK and WRONG. Dont think I need a 125mph boat! SO, When I saw yours online again it got the wheels turning in my head! Hmmmm get it, sell the motor, slap a 300x on it, put all the new kick-ass pewter DCB hardware on, and save a few dollhairs....was just toying with the idea!

burbanite
08-27-2002, 08:36 AM
TOBTEK
[And let me guess......they went to Havasu for there HONEYMOON!.....with any luck![/QB]Nope...Fiji. :)

TOBTEK
08-27-2002, 08:59 AM
burbanite:
TOBTEK
[And let me guess......they went to Havasu for there HONEYMOON!.....with any luck!Nope...Fiji. :) [/QB]Fiji right abou now is sounding pretty good! Anything would be better than this desk right now!!

flyinbrian
08-27-2002, 05:58 PM
TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :(I thought everyone knew that all the outboard guys hang out at Screamandfly.com ?

TOBTEK
08-27-2002, 07:16 PM
flyinbrian:
TOBTEK:
Whats the deal guys and gals? not One post in two days, why is this area so slow?????? dont we all have something to say? :( I thought everyone knew that all the outboard guys hang out at Screamandfly.com ?sometimes, but its kinda slow over there(not the boats ofcourse)

TOBTEK
09-03-2002, 02:47 PM
Is this area DIE'ING again???????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

Boatmaster
09-04-2002, 05:40 AM
Tobtek when are you coming to Shasta?

TOBTEK
09-05-2002, 07:19 AM
Boatmaster:
Tobtek when are you coming to Shasta?was just asking mom-in-law last night where Discovery Bay is at! I was thinking you were right on Shasta! They are in Redding, Maybe sometime in late Sept....maybe the weekend of the 20th? How is the new Daytona?.....toby

Boatmaster
09-05-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm at going to be on the lake this weekend thats why I asked. Discovery Bay is 240miles south of Redding. I live on the delta about 80 miles east of San Fran. I own a houseboat on Shasta thats why I am always there. My shop is in the Bay Area. The new boat is great thanks again for the lead. What and When are you getting your boat?

hulshot
09-05-2002, 09:01 PM
boatmaster did you go and get the new boat?

TOBTEK
09-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Boatmaster:
I'm at going to be on the lake this weekend thats why I asked. Discovery Bay is 240miles south of Redding. I live on the delta about 80 miles east of San Fran. I own a houseboat on Shasta thats why I am always there. My shop is in the Bay Area. The new boat is great thanks again for the lead. What and When are you getting your boat?I ordered a 2003 MACH22 with a single 300x. They are starting it in Jan and will be shown at the LA boat show! I'm pretty excited about it. I should be taking delivery in late March or April :D

Charley
09-06-2002, 07:36 AM
I hope to be shedding some light on that creation at the show hehehehe :D

TOBTEK
09-06-2002, 07:44 AM
Charley:
I hope to be shedding some light on that creation at the show hehehehe :D damn...I'm gonna be over-shadowed again! What are you getting MR Charles?
BTW: saw your 26 on tues, what the latest? Any new info?

Charley
09-08-2002, 10:25 PM
I got in it for the first time since it was taken on tuesday myself.... at first I was choked up, then pissed..... no Respect... then I saw Oil fingerprints and got pissed at the Elsinore PD....the night I was notified they had recovered the boat I asked about prints..... they deputy said that since it was found in a dusty, dirt lot the chance of getting a good print was minimal......I dunno just pissed me off big-time.... apparently the detective assigned to my case is doing some work and following up the lead on the truck that had my motor in it.....she was picking up credit card reciepts from the gas station they were filling up at... could be promising.... who knows for sure....

HavasuDreamin'
09-09-2002, 06:07 AM
Fiji was very, very cool! :) I'm back now....we won't go for two days w/o a post anymore! I need to make 1000 posts to join the official post ***** club! :D

TOBTEK
09-09-2002, 07:48 AM
Charley:
I got in it for the first time since it was taken on tuesday myself.... at first I was choked up, then pissed..... no Respect... then I saw Oil fingerprints and got pissed at the Elsinore PD....the night I was notified they had recovered the boat I asked about prints..... they deputy said that since it was found in a dusty, dirt lot the chance of getting a good print was minimal......I dunno just pissed me off big-time.... apparently the detective assigned to my case is doing some work and following up the lead on the truck that had my motor in it.....she was picking up credit card reciepts from the gas station they were filling up at... could be promising.... who knows for sure....SO CHARLIE.........Whats in the works for your new boat?.......fill us in!

You Te
09-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Tobtek,
Scream and Fly has some good people and it has a lot of dick heads.
I hear there are some fast outboard guy's on Havasu Barney .com

HavasuDreamin'
09-09-2002, 12:50 PM
You Te:
Tobtek,
I hear there are some fast outboard guy's on Havasu Barney .comHavasuBarney's board is cool, but there is a shit load of mud slinging over there!

TOBTEK
09-09-2002, 01:11 PM
HavasuDreamin':
You Te:
Tobtek,
I hear there are some fast outboard guy's on Havasu Barney .comHavasuBarney's board is cool, but there is a shit load of mud slinging over there!H/D.....you ever get the 2.4 starting problem under raps? just curious.....haven't read about it as of late.

HavasuDreamin'
09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
TOBTEK:
HavasuDreamin':
You Te:
Tobtek,
I hear there are some fast outboard guy's on Havasu Barney .comHavasuBarney's board is cool, but there is a shit load of mud slinging over there!H/D.....you ever get the 2.4 starting problem under raps? just curious.....haven't read about it as of late.Well, I have been out of pocket for a few weeks. However, up until I went out of town things were going well. I still squirt starting fluid in it on the ramp when it is cold. I think I was holding the throttle down too far when I was having all those problems. Now I just barely hold it down to a advance the timing slightly and it seems to be okay! I am still thinking about FI though. Just not sure I want to fork out the bucks for it! It sure would be nice to just be able to turn the key though and not worry about starting fluid, battery drainage, etc.!