PDA

View Full Version : Shocking news...Michael Vick

Mattman
08-22-2007, 02:25 PM
should be allowed to return to the NFL according to the NAACP. Read it on Yahoo. Commence firing!

Mattman
08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
To clarify, the leader of the NAACP Atlanta Chapter saya so....:idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-22-2007, 02:31 PM
To clarify... (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161654)

Jbb
08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
NAACP....Is all over the Atlanta news .....They are calling him a ....lol..victim....and saying his ....POSSIBLE.....sentance could be more than if he kilkled a person.......listening to them speculate what he is gonna get...and protest about it...had me laughing out loud..:D

Mattman
08-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry Dreamin, I just fell off the short bus!

TYLER DURDEN
08-22-2007, 02:34 PM
He can return, as the focken football. Or better yet, he can have the job of cleaning the bathrooms of the stadiums AFTER the game.
FOCK YOU NAACP. They will whine that the NFL discriminates, however the majority of its players are black. FOCK YOU NAACP.

photo chick
08-22-2007, 02:38 PM
White also said he didn't understand the uproar over dogfighting, when hunting deer and other animals is perfectly acceptable
I must ask...how many of you hunters soaked your kill in water and electrocuted it and left it out for the trash man? This Mr. White is clueless!!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry Dreamin, I just fell off the short bus!
No worries from me...Just making a little joke, albeit not a great one, that's all

Havasu_Dreamin
08-22-2007, 02:43 PM
White also said he didn't understand the uproar over dogfighting, when hunting deer and other animals is perfectly acceptable
I must ask...how many of you hunters soaked your kill in water and electrocuted it and left it out for the trash man? This Mr. White is clueless!!
Also, last time I checked deer are not typically kept as pets.....Nor have they been domesticated.....

River Lynchmob
08-22-2007, 03:08 PM
The only thing I'm suprised about is that it took them this long to issue a statement. We will be hearing from the, and I use this term loosely...Reverands Jesse and Al within the next week. We may even get a march or two out of this.

Jbb
08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
I guess you haven't seen Hostel 1 & 2
I have copies....:D

78TaylorSS460
08-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh, wow. Don't even get me started on Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the damn NAACP. Morons!

'75 Miller
08-22-2007, 03:37 PM
They probably shouldn't, but people actually look up to professional athletes. I think that if you get convicted of a felony that should be the end of your career. Whatever they've done before signing is between them and the ownership, but for an athlete to be convicte, do time, and return to the game is ridiculous. Banned for life.

RitcheyRch
08-22-2007, 03:42 PM
He should be banned. I wonder how those people that still want him to play if they would feel the same had he killed their dog. Focking bastards.

THOR
08-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I cant believe some of the other athletes that are supporting him. Some actually saw it is a 'sport' much like others. WTF is the matter with people?
Another said "what is the difference, people shoot deer?" WTF?

photo chick
08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I guess you haven't seen Hostel 1 & 2
I have copies....:D
No thanks dear!!! :jawdrop:

THOR
08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
NAACP....Is all over the Atlanta news .....They are calling him a ....lol..victim....and saying his ....POSSIBLE.....sentance could be more than if he kilkled a person.......listening to them speculate what he is gonna get...and protest about it...had me laughing out loud..:D
Didnt you get what I told you about the people of Atlanta? ;)

River Lynchmob
08-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I can't remember who the BB player was that came out supporting Vick this morning was but he basically said the same thing...it's not that big of a deal in the south. kind of crazy what people can view as normal when they are raised with it.

Jbb
08-22-2007, 04:54 PM
No thanks dear!!! :jawdrop:
:jawdrop:

Jbb
08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I can't remember who the BB player was that came out supporting Vick this morning was but he basically said the same thing...it's not that big of a deal in the south. kind of crazy what people can view as normal when they are raised with it.
Wrong ...its a very big deal in the South.....Everywhere he goes, he is mobbed by protesters.....The sister screwin rednecks........love their doggies...

River Lynchmob
08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Wrong ...its a very big deal in the South.....Everywhere he goes, he is mobbed by protesters.....The sister screwin rednecks........love their doggies...
I'm sure it is. It is just what Steffon Maurberry (thats who was interviewed hat I couldn't remember earlier) said in an interview either last night or this morning.
I hope he hangs for it.

River Lynchmob
08-22-2007, 04:59 PM
I believe it was Stephon Marbury, who incidentally was born in Brooklyn, NY. Roy Jones Jr has been highly outspoken as well. He is from Pensacola and raises roosters for cockfighting.
You beat me to it and I have no clue how that guy spells his name. :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
let me think... he was envoled in a sport that is a felony, is run by crimals for profit/ fun and is heavly gambled on... I can't see why you would want him back... If he bet on a dog fight what are the chance he bet on other things?

chub
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
I've never been poor and black in the south.
Niether have I nor will I.
Athletes get paid big bucks and leagues need to hold them to a higher standard, if you don't wanna drive the entire road, get your ass on the bus like the rest of us! Kids look up to athletes plain and simple. :mad:

'75 Miller
08-22-2007, 05:38 PM
With any luck someone in the joint will stick him...maybe even organize a pool to bet on how long it takes him to bleed out. Useless pos.

RitcheyRch
08-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Guess this could apply to those that kill people as well. Its normal to kill people in Compton so lets allow it. What a lame ass excuse from these people.
Dogs need to be trained to fight which is CRUEL. Roosters fight because it is their nature.
Well said.
Niether have I nor will I.
Athletes get paid big bucks and leagues need to hold them to a higher standard, if you don't wanna drive the entire road, get your ass on the bus like the rest of us! Kids look up to athletes plain and simple. :mad:
Last time I checked Michael Vick wasnt poor. :D
I believe he meant to say poor black south. ;)

JAY4SPEED
08-22-2007, 07:33 PM
What will cost Vick his career is the gambling aspect of the charges against him. The NFL outlaws gambling of any kind. That will be the grounds for his dismissal, just you watch. Its hard to play the race card when being accused of a gambling offense, although the race card will be played anyway.
Jay

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
not to mention.. when you kill something you should eat it.

Lavey29
08-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I have heard the teams owner is going after his 37 million dollar signing bonus due to breach of contract. I hope he is successful so Vicks wallet takes a little hit rather then just that 250K court imposed fine..

photo chick
08-23-2007, 03:50 AM
Something else for Mr White!!! Pete Rose...born in the north, one could say he was raised to gamble :rolleyes:, banned from baseball, one of the best all time players, didn't even kill anyone....
Why should Vick be excluded....because he's black??? He should be happy to get jail, really he should be dipped in water and electrocuted....this from someone who absolutely loved to watch him play!!! :mad: I just really hope someone in jail shows him what "doggie style" is all about! :)
He's a complete waste of a human with major talent!
ok I feel better now......

thatguy
08-23-2007, 04:42 AM
I have heard the teams owner is going after his 37 million dollar signing bonus due to breach of contract. I hope he is successful so Vicks wallet takes a little hit rather then just that 250K court imposed fine..
I believe that if the LEAGUE suspends him instead of the team, then the bonuses are retrievable by the team.
No matter how you slice it, race, demographics, it is just plain STUPID to risk all he had for this. It is just stupid, plain and simple. Says a lot about this guys mindset, IMHO.
Tommy

thatguy
08-23-2007, 04:47 AM
I keep thinking of something the coach said to Nick Nolte in "North Dallas Forty".
"When I was a child, I did childish things. But when I became a man, I gave up those childhood things."
Hmmmmm? Think that applies here?
Tommy

Taylor923
08-23-2007, 05:33 AM
He needs to go to jail and be banned from the NFL. He is not in the "hood" anymore and this should send a message to the rest of the "gangsters" in pro sports. Whoever said it's the same as deer hunting is an idiot. You HUNT deer, not raise them from babies to fight and then brutally killed if they lose. The NAACP makes me sick. They wanted Ibus to lose his job and be banned from the airwaves for just making a statement, the same thing blacks say every freaking day, but say Vick just made a mistake and does not deserve to lose his career over it. WTF? I am sick and tired of blacks pulling the race card. No black alive today was a slave and no white alive today was a slave owner, so shut up and get over it!!!

bgchuby01
08-23-2007, 05:36 AM
You can take the monkey out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the monkey

photo chick
08-23-2007, 05:37 AM
He needs to go to jail and be banned from the NFL. He is not in the "hood" anymore and this should send a message to the rest of the "gangsters" in pro sports. Whoever said it's the same as deer hunting is an idiot. You HUNT deer, not raise them from babies to fight and then brutally killed if they lose. The NAACP makes me sick. They wanted Ibus to lose his job and be banned from the airwaves for just making a statement, the same thing blacks say every freaking day, but say Vick just made a mistake and does not deserve to lose his career over it. WTF? I am sick and tired of blacks pulling the race card. No black alive today was a slave and no white alive today was a slave owner, so shut up and get over it!!!
The highlighted is another very good point also!!!

Shreve "T"
08-23-2007, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=Havasu_Dreamin;2748370]Also, last time I checked deer are not typically kept as pets.....Nor have they been domesticated.....[/QUOT
Nor have they been used to FIGHT :D :D :D :D

Milton04
08-23-2007, 06:41 AM
The highlighted is another very good point also!!!
I have to agree with Taylor and Photochick on this one as well. Ibus is being sued right now by one of the basketball players because she feels hurt blah blah blah wtfever....
I am convinced that Vick has photos of Blank with a goat or something and that is why he is still around. Here in Atlanta so many people can't stand him, but it seems that we are the quiet educated type and the loud mouth naacp people support him 110% to the end. When season tickets went on sale their wasn't even a crowd this year - good!!!
Screw vick they should soak him in water and put the juice to him.

Fast Freddy
08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
i think some vigilante justice is in order here. i got an oak tree and some rope out in my back yard. i would turn a few pits loose on his ass first while he was chained to a stake and then i would drag him behind my truck down a paved road. if he survived all that then i would string him up and put him out of his misery.

Quest4Fun
08-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I can't believe the Vick supporters are saying that pit bull fighting is a sport and it is no different than deer hunting :mad: what idiots!
On another note, I read that there are 50 pit bulls that were taken from Vick's home and they need to be adopted or euthanized...my guess would be that these dogs couldn't be adoptable. Very sad.

BarryMac
08-23-2007, 07:50 AM
I have no idea if this is true, I've never been poor and black in the south.
No you weren't born a poor black child but some would say that you were born "The Jerk"... :D
Hang the MF'er by his nuts and let Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin and Marmaduke have at it... :mad:

mbrown2
08-23-2007, 08:18 AM
I think it was Artie Lang on Howard Stern that said....make a couple wrong turns off the main highway in any ghetto or white trash neighborhood in the south and you will find all kinds of odd things going on...
But Ignorance is no excuse..these guys knew it was against the law as they hide it, and when you are coddled through highschool and college and then given fat checks as a pro, you probably start to think you are above the law..
People wonder how a guy making this money could put it jeopardy for 1000 bux on a dog fight....its not like once he made it to the NFL and started getting South Hampton money he started hanging with the South Hampton crowd...I am sure he hung with the guys he grew up with and trusted (big mistake there).... Heck even Todd Maronovich continued to be a Pot Head after continuing to get fat checks..
Like Mike Ness says...."you can take the boy outta the white trash, but you can't take the white trash outta the boy"....same applies to Vick. :)

socalmofo
08-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Do you guys really think that piece of Sh*T thug actually saved money? I guarantee you he has to work the rest of his life, playing in canada, arena etc. When you are an ignorant thug like he is you don't exactly spend your money wisely, unsless wisely is cars, clothes, hookers, weed, parties, and in his case betting on pit bulls. He is an average quarterback at best. After his break from the NFL he will not be able to make a team as a practice squad QB. If you have to run 1,000 yds as a quarterback, you are not a good quarterback.

Ziggy
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Something else for Mr White!!! Pete Rose...born in the north, one could say he was raised to gamble :rolleyes:, banned from baseball, one of the best all time players, didn't even kill anyone....
Why should Vick be excluded....because he's black??? He should be happy to get jail, really he should be dipped in water and electrocuted....this from someone who absolutely loved to watch him play!!! :mad: I just really hope someone in jail shows him what "doggie style" is all about! :)
He's a complete waste of a human with major talent!
ok I feel better now......
I hated watching him play, I thought he was selfish and didn't trust his teamates, therefore he felt it nec. to always run. Geez, I am just still sooooooooo thankful the Chargers pulled off that draftday trade....what we got instead is totally at the other end of the spectrum.

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I agree what Michael Vick did was idiotic and he deserves to pay for it. However, after he has done his jail time does he not deserve a second chance? I thought thats what we as a society do, allow people the oppurtunity to rehabilatate themselves. If the guy pays his debt to society by serving his jail sentence, then he has the right to earn a living just like anyone else. Whether that is playing football or scrubbing floors. And because we are such a forgiving society, I am sure there will be someone that will take a chance on him once he has completed his sentence.
By the way I feel the same way about Imus, he deserves an opportunity to earn a living also. He made a mistake and should pay for it. And I guess his payment was the public humiliation he and his family faced, along with loosing his job. But he should at some point be allowed to come back and do whatever it is he chooses to do, and whatever somebody is willing to pay him to do.

Ziggy
08-23-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree what Michael Vick did was idiotic and he deserves to pay for it. However, after he has done his jail time does he not deserve a second chance? I thought thats what we as a society do, allow people the oppurtunity to rehabilatate themselves. If the guy pays his debt to society by serving his jail sentence, then he has the right to earn a living just like anyone else. Whether that is playing football or scrubbing floors. And because we are such a forgiving society, I am sure there will be someone that will take a chance on him once he has completed his sentence.
By the way I feel the same way about Imus, he deserves an opportunity to earn a living also. He made a mistake and should pay for that mistake. And I guess his payment was the public humiliation he and his family faced, along with loosing his job. But he should at some point be allowed to come back and do whatever it is he chooses to do, and whatever somebody is willing to pay him to do.
I don't think anybody is condemming the guy for life to get a job but rather an NFL carreer. The Pete Rose comparison is great, banned for life for betting(he didn't kill anything/anyone). I think the NFL's strict policy should be upheld and whatever penalty is issued should be adhered to.
Imus said something dumb, not physically harm anyone/thing....His punishment was harsh considering it was words. What did Vick get for flipping off HIS fans? I'd call those two infractions pretty damn equal in my book.
Sticks and stones may break some bones but names will never kill ya.

eliminatedsprinter
08-23-2007, 10:20 AM
By the way I feel the same way about Imus, he deserves an opportunity to earn a living also. He made a mistake and should pay for it. And I guess his payment was the public humiliation he and his family faced, along with loosing his job. But he should at some point be allowed to come back and do whatever it is he chooses to do, and whatever somebody is willing to pay him to do.
What blasphemy!:2purples: Don't you know this is ***boat?:eek:
Where is your moral superiority?:rolleyes:
Good lord man, you arn't bashing anyone here....;)

Jbb
08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
NFL rules are pretty clear about gambling....and so Is the punishment.....and even though he probably cant read....Michael Vick knew the rules....and possible banishment if he broke them......Does he deserve a second chance?......sure ...grab that mop Mike....:D

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 02:05 PM
The Pete Rose comparison is great, banned for life for betting(he didn't kill anything/anyone).
Completely different situation, Pete Rose bet on his TEAM and his SPORT. Last time I checked Michel Vick hadn't done either one. And I am not sure how the gambling works as far as a league policy; but what about playing Blackjack in a casino? Is that considered gambling by the league? If so there should be a lot of guys banned because I have seen quite a few in Vegas.

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 02:09 PM
NFL rules are pretty clear about gambling
Well since they are pretty clear, can you educate me as to how they read? Because saying no gambling is pretty ambiguous. I can understand no gambling on your sport, but what about others sports? Is this something you know first hand, or are you just speculating?

BarryMac
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
OK, thanks for that. :confused:
Easy Bob, remember this is Hot Boat, we're here to laugh at everyone elses expense... :D :D BTW, it was a joke just in case you missed the smilie... :D

Ziggy
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Completely different situation, Pete Rose bet on his TEAM and his SPORT. Last time I checked Michel Vick hadn't done either one. And I am not sure how the gambling works as far as a league policy; but what about playing Blackjack in a casino? Is that considered gambling by the league? If so there should be a lot of guys banned because I have seen quite a few in Vegas.
Vegas= legal gambling
Dogfighting= Illegal gambling.

eliminatedsprinter
08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Betting on dog fighting is illegal and very scummy. But it is about as far as you can get from betting on major league sports. It will be interesting to see how the NFL comes down on theis one.
Raider hating comedians will no doubt think of something re this post..:rolleyes:

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Vegas= legal gambling
Dogfighting= Illegal gambling.
I understand the legal vs. Illegal, but thanks for the heads up. My point is that gambling is very ambiguous as defined by the league.
Didn't you compare him to Pete Rose? Apples to Oranges.

Ziggy
08-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I understand the legal vs. Illegal, but thanks for the heads up. My point is that gambling is very ambiguous as defined by the league. Well lets just see how it shakes out at the commisioners office. I get what you're saying but its not a whole lot different than teaching our children right vs. wrong, we all know the difference there. Vick wasn't that stupid to not know it was wrong or else he'd never have tried to disguise it, or deny it....he knew it was wrong.
Didn't you compare him to Pete Rose? Apples to Oranges. Someone else actually did but I felt it was a fair analogy in as much as that Pete's lifetime sentence was for illegal gambling and not illegal gambling and the maming of animals......(amoungst other dispicable acts)
Can't say I've ever heard about Pete flipping off his fans either. :eek: :)

photo chick
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I understand the legal vs. Illegal, but thanks for the heads up. My point is that gambling is very ambiguous as defined by the league.
Didn't you compare him to Pete Rose? Apples to Oranges.
Actually I did the comparing to Pete.....please note he never admitted that he bet against his own team....whatever that's worth.:rolleyes: :D
Apples to Oranges??? Two athletes who bet...the difference would be Vick actually killed several living animals!!!!!! My point was....for Mr White to argue that Vick shouldn't be banned from football b/c it was just dogs and no human was hurt is ridiculous.

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Actually I did the comparing to Pete.....please note he never admitted that he bet against his own team....whatever that's worth.:rolleyes: :D
Apples to Oranges??? Two athletes who bet...the difference would be Vick actually killed several living animals!!!!!! My point was....for Mr White to argue that Vick shouldn't be banned from football b/c it was just dogs and no human was hurt is ridiculous.
Well first off, Pete Rose did admit not to long ago to betting on his team and major league baseball.;) Secondly lets for the sake of this argument say Michael Vick did bet, It was NOT on his sport, or team as Pete's was. Althought it may have been illegal, it did not compromise the possible outcome on the field, which is any sports worst nightmare. If your product is fixed and the outcome predictable you have nothing more that professional wrestling.
As far as Mr. White saying he shouldn't be banned from football I would tend to agree. As long as he serve his punishment handed out by the courts and then the NFL whatever it might be. Why shouldn't he be able to go out and earn a living no matter what he does?
Lastly, I think what people are trying to get across when saying "its just dogs" is being interpreted the wrong way. What is your reaction if you see a dog hit on the side of the road? Would it be the same reaction if it was a human? Doubtful. Although dogs are mans best friend, their lives aren't usually deemed as precious as a humans by the general population.
Again, I am not a Michael Vick fan, but it seems an awful lot of people don't think this guy deserves a second chance after he has completed he sentence.
HE DOES!!!!!

Jbb
08-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Well first off, Pete Rose did admit not to long ago to betting on his team and major league baseball.;) Secondly lets for the sake of this argument say Michael Vick did bet, It was NOT on his sport, or team as Pete's was. Althought it may have been illegal, it did not compromise the possible outcome on the field, which is any sports worst nightmare. If your product is fixed and the outcome predictable you have nothing more that professional wrestling.
As far as Mr. White saying he shouldn't be banned from football I would tend to agree. As long as he serve his punishment handed out by the courts and then the NFL whatever it might be. Why shouldn't he be able to go out and earn a living no matter what he does?
Lastly, I think what people are trying to get across when saying "its just dogs" is being interpreted the wrong way. What is your reaction if you see a dog hit on the side of the road? Would it be the same reaction if it was a human? Doubtful. Although dogs are mans best friend, their lives aren't usually deemed as precious as a humans by the general population.
Again, I am not a Michael Vick fan, but it seems an awful lot of people don't think this guy deserves a second chance after he has completed he sentence.
HE DOES!!!!!
:D
Maybe he'll get shanked in the joint....:D

mbrown2
08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I wonder if someone has conviction and sentencing information on past Convicted dog fighters? wonder what they normally get for sentencing....all things being considered equal.

photo chick
08-23-2007, 04:13 PM
HE DOES!!!!!
You do post a good point about the outcome of a game and honestly I have banned baseball and have not listened to anything about it in years so I apologize for the mis info in him betting against his team.
However...I do still think Vick should be banned from society and the NFL!!

Ziggy
08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
You do post a good point about the outcome of a game and honestly I have banned baseball and have not listened to anything about it in years so I apologize for the mis info in him betting against his team.
However...I do still think Vick should be banned from society and the NFL!!
The TV crew on Monday night FB discussed this very fact a little and IF Vick was allowed to come back to the NFL after whatever sentence he serves very few owners would be inclined to hire him back, particularly at QB, although someone likely would take a chance. Then that team would be subject to extreme scrutiny....
Its really a touchy subject.
I agree he should have the opertunity to gain wages again after he's paid his dues but the likeliness it'll be football is pretty slim.
The fact his "kennel" was a breeding ground for fighting dogs turns most peoples stomaches, the fact he brutally discarded these animals in inhumane manners compounds it......it's not even a close comparison to seeing a stray thats laying on the roadside that was accidently hit. There is a big difference between intentional and accidental. Even in the case of a human being we are much more forgiving of accidents vs. intent.

Jetboatguru
08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
HE DOES!!!!!
I agree with everything but the bold print. If I saw a dog get hit by a car I would be way more devastated.
The TV crew on Monday night FB discussed this very fact a little and IF Vick was allowed to come back to the NFL after whatever sentence he serves very few owners would be inclined to hire him back, particularly at QB, although someone likely would take a chance. Then that team would be subject to extreme scrutiny....
I agree he should have the opertunity to gain wages again after he's paid his dues but the likeliness it'll be football is pretty slim.
I am looking forward to him being a Raider in say,, just over a year!:D

photo chick
08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
.The fact his "kennel" was a breeding ground for fighting dogs turns most peoples stomaches, the fact he brutally discarded these animals in inhumane manners compounds it......it's not even a close comparison to seeing a stray thats laying on the roadside that was accidently hit. There is a big difference between intentional and accidental. Even in the case of a human being we are much more forgiving of accidents vs. intent.
Hey he could gain wages making footballs maybe......:D ;)

warlock
08-23-2007, 05:23 PM
As far as the "poor guy does his time so he deserves his job back" is total crap...I don't know what kinda job you have but if I go out and get conVICKted of a FELONY I could no longer work in my profession...No one on here doesn't think he deserves a job after he serves his time just not in the same field......Hell the way he throws a ball I bet he could flip a mean burger!!! Try and go out as a felon and get a job.....Good luck....
And as for Imus...The MAJORITY of the nation was for the womens basketball team and he ended up getting fired for it and admitting he was wrong in which he was out of line....Now one of the nappy headed hoes is gonna sue him?? What about the Duke lacross fiasco? Those guys were ADMITTEDLY falsely accused of raping that black girl and the NAACP was ALL OVER IT...Think they apologized??? Yea right...These guys went through WAY more then those broads did and not one lawsuit against the NAACP or Nifong....

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru;2751194]I agree with everything but the bold print. If I saw a dog get hit by a car I would be way more devastated.
If you were to take a poll, I am sure you would be in the minority. I personally love dogs, but would definetly be more devistated to see a human hit by a car. I am sure most here would agree.

USCFAN
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
As far as the "poor guy does his time so he deserves his job back" is total crap...I don't know what kinda job you have but if I go out and get conVICKted of a FELONY I could no longer work in my profession...No one on here doesn't think he deserves a job after he serves his time just not in the same field..........
When did I ever say he DESERVES? I said he had the RIGHT! Check the difference. If someone is willing to pay him to throw a football after he has served his time, so be it. As far as being a convicted felon, there is nothing in the NFL rules that says you can't be a felon. I would imagine at your job there is. So I guess you don't have to worry about him being your co-worker.
And as for Imus...The MAJORITY of the nation was for the womens basketball team and he ended up getting fired for it and admitting he was wrong in which he was out of line....Now one of the nappy headed hoes is gonna sue him?? What about the Duke lacross fiasco? Those guys were ADMITTEDLY falsely accused of raping that black girl and the NAACP was ALL OVER IT...Think they apologized??? Yea right...These guys went through WAY more then those broads did and not one lawsuit against the NAACP or Nifong....
I am not sure where to start, but as far as Imus goes I have already stated he is entitled to the same as VICK. The law suit against him is BULLSHIT!!! However she has been told by some lawyer she has a chance in winning, or should I say him settling. They are probably looking for the settlement hoping he doesn't want to fight it.
The Duke players were wrongly accused. They should seek justice however they see fit. As far as apologies go, I don't know if they were apologized to our not.

thatguy
08-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Being hit by a car is generally the result of an accident. Nothing accidental about torturing a dog, or a person, to death.
Moral and legal outcomes, aside, what team would sign such a foolish (read stupid) person? Besides talent and physical ability, it takes BRAINS to be successful at the NFL level.
I think Vick has demonstrated his REAL weakness with these actions.
He threw it away knowing the risk. He is a liar, he let down THOUSANDS of fans and pissed on his own party, his city, his team, his fans and pretty much anybody who assisted his career. The juice worth the squeeze?
I can not think of anything so blatantly stupid. Yeah, people do worse things everyday. But jesus, to screw up an NFL career over this?
Owners are not stupid people. I can not imagine one taking any kind of risk with a below average quarterback with such poor judgement. He is done, regardless of any rulings. He is not a franchise player and can not turn a team around. That is what owners and coaches care about.
There are alot of things we give up as we grow up. We still might like them, and even miss them. But you have to let them go when the responsibilities of career and adulthood are reached.
My .02
Tommy

Flyinbowtie
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
I strongly suspect the league will ban him for life, then let him apply for reinstatement in 2-4 years. He is pleading to the sheet in a federal felony. He does so to avoid other charges being stacked on the federal sheet. Virginia is investigating, and may file state charges as well.
He lied to the Commish, told him to his face he was clean, not me/didn't know/didn't do it. That is gonna be a factor.
Frankly, when he gets out of the bucket, be it a year in club fed then some time in Virginia, or not, any team owner is going to stick his finger into the wind and see if his presence on the team will put butts in the seats and be a positive imapct on the team.
If the answer to either of the above is no, or the team/league security people tell the owners that they can't handle the probable response to his presence, ain't no job gonna be offered. If he seems to have something to offer, an owner will make the call to the league, and the "reinstatement" will be considered. We need to remember the NFL is all about the money.
Second chances are generally reserved for folks who earn them. People who do things like this to animals are only a short step or two away from doing things to people. He has a titanic image rebuilding job ahead of him, if he expects that offer to come. He hasn't exactly endeared himself to the sports media or fans beyond Atlanta, and he really doesn't seem all that popular at home.
I think the Pete Rose analogy is reasonable. I think that atheletes in many other high-profile sports are banned for life for a hell of a lot less disgusting stuff.
If the NFL doesn't draw the line here, the next question is where do they draw it, and can they go on down the road and face the next cluster if they don't set a precident with this one? All "violations" from here on out will be measured against this one, to be sure.
i think he is done, "banned for life", shot at reinstatement, nobody thinks the numbers add up in the big picture, and there won't be a need for getting "pardoned".
Off to Arena League, or some other stop on the short trip to obscurity.

JAY4SPEED
08-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I strongly suspect the league will ban him for life, then let him apply for reinstatement in 2-4 years. He is pleading to the sheet in a federal felony. He does so to avoid other charges being stacked on the federal sheet. Virginia is investigating, and may file state charges as well.
He lied to the Commish, told him to his face he was clean, not me/didn't know/didn't do it. That is gonna be a factor.
Frankly, when he gets out of the bucket, be it a year in club fed then some time in Virginia, or not, any team owner is going to stick his finger into the wind and see if his presence on the team will put butts in the seats and be a positive imapct on the team.
If the answer to either of the above is no, or the team/league security people tell the owners that they can't handle the probable response to his presence, ain't no job gonna be offered. If he seems to have something to offer, an owner will make the call to the league, and the "reinstatement" will be considered. We need to remember the NFL is all about the money.
Second chances are generally reserved for folks who earn them. People who do things like this to animals are only a short step or two away from doing things to people. He has a titanic image rebuilding job ahead of him, if he expects that offer to come. He hasn't exactly endeared himself to the sports media or fans beyond Atlanta, and he really doesn't seem all that popular at home.
I think the Pete Rose analogy is reasonable. I think that atheletes in many other high-profile sports are banned for life for a hell of a lot less disgusting stuff.
If the NFL doesn't draw the line here, the next question is where do they draw it, and can they go on down the road and face the next cluster if they don't set a precident with this one? All "violations" from here on out will be measured against this one, to be sure.
i think he is done, "banned for life", shot at reinstatement, nobody thinks the numbers add up in the big picture, and there won't be a need for getting "pardoned".
Off to Arena League, or some other stop on the short trip to obscurity.
Excellent point of view! I totally agree!
Jay

'75 Miller
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
According to sources, Michael Vick will not admit to personally killing any dogs or gambling on dogfighting in the summary of facts in his plea agreement. He will admit to being present when dogs were killed. Basically, the only count he's pleading guilty to is the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting. Or so say sources close to the deal.
That's foul. Wonder why they cut deals with his co-degenerates.?

Ziggy
08-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Fu(kin' A...........:mad:

warlock
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=USCFAN;2751494]When did I ever say he DESERVES? I said he had the RIGHT! Check the difference. If someone is willing to pay him to throw a football after he has served his time, so be it. As far as being a convicted felon, there is nothing in the NFL rules that says you can't be a felon. I would imagine at your job there is. So I guess you don't have to worry about him being your co-worker.
[QUOTE]
Your RIGHT...He has the RIGHT to get a job, even one he does not DESERVE...And your RIGHT that the NFL rules say nothing about playing as a Felon otherwise they could field a team...I think the NFL should exercise their RIGHT to give him what he DESERVES and give him the boat...errr...boot for racketeering since he was the head of an illegal gambling operation....Lemme guess USCFAN this is the same arguement you use for poor ol' O.J.Simpson??:rolleyes:
Ohhh yeaaaa...And UofA is gonna be handing down beatdowns this year!:devil:

'75 Miller
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
There is still a chance that the judge will look at the plea agreement and call bullshit. With any luck that's exactly what he'll do, look at the evidence, the testimony of his co-subhumans and refuse to let the plea deal go through.

USCFAN
08-24-2007, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=USCFAN;2751494]When did I ever say he DESERVES? I said he had the RIGHT! Check the difference. If someone is willing to pay him to throw a football after he has served his time, so be it. As far as being a convicted felon, there is nothing in the NFL rules that says you can't be a felon. I would imagine at your job there is. So I guess you don't have to worry about him being your co-worker.
[QUOTE]
Your RIGHT...He has the RIGHT to get a job, even one he does not DESERVE...And your RIGHT that the NFL rules say nothing about playing as a Felon otherwise they could field a team...I think the NFL should exercise their RIGHT to give him what he DESERVES and give him the boat...errr...boot for racketeering since he was the head of an illegal gambling operation....Lemme guess USCFAN this is the same arguement you use for poor ol' O.J.Simpson??:rolleyes:
It seems you want to bring alot of other bullshit into this discussion. Who and the hell said anything about OJ Simpson? Is this about the RIGHTS of a citizens, or do you have some other underlying issue?:idea: The only thing I was stating is that he like any other person convicted of a crime, has the RIGHT after serving his punishment to become a productive member of society. If that means throwing a football or sweeping floors.End of story... Anything else you want to debate?
And as far as OJ goes for the record, he in my opinion is paying a higher price than going to jail due to the fact that he is basically ostracized from society. Which he deserves because KILLED two people.

Biglue
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Your RIGHT...He has the RIGHT to get a job, even one he does not DESERVE...And your RIGHT that the NFL rules say nothing about playing as a Felon otherwise they could field a team...I think the NFL should exercise their RIGHT to give him what he DESERVES and give him the boat...errr...boot for racketeering since he was the head of an illegal gambling operation....Lemme guess USCFAN this is the same arguement you use for poor ol' O.J.Simpson?? :rolleyes:
WTF is that supposed to mean?

HM
08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
When did I ever say he DESERVES? I said he had the RIGHT! Check the difference. If someone is willing to pay him to throw a football after he has served his time, so be it. As far as being a convicted felon, there is nothing in the NFL rules that says you can't be a felon. I would imagine at your job there is. So I guess you don't have to worry about him being your co-worker.
He's not pleading guilty to racketeering.
When are people going to learn how to use the quote tool?

warlock
08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=warlock;2752574][QUOTE=USCFAN;2751494].
Is this about the RIGHTS of a citizens or do you have some other underlying issue.
Don't loose your Paylotas now!! What exactly are you TRIING to imply?? I like how it's OK for a man found innocent in court and he derserves to be punished...Another admits it and he's good ta go...Your initials wouldn't happened to be R.L. would they??:eek:
R.L. White, president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said his organization does not condone dogfighting or any other illegal activity, but he told reporters that Vick should be given a chance to redeem himself.
"In some instances, I believe Michael Vick has received more negative press than if he would've killed a human being," White said. "The way he is being persecuted, he wouldn't have been persecuted that much had he killed somebody."
Totally ridiculous....:rolleyes:

warlock
08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
He's not pleading guilty to racketeering.
True but he may be charged with it...After all that whats he was doing right??
With all the rumors flying around who knows...

warlock
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
WTF is that supposed to mean?
The arguement that he deserves another chance....Damn..This spelling it out shizzz is getting old....:eek:

warlock
08-24-2007, 10:30 AM
The original indictment did not include Federal racketeering charges, so, no, that's not what he was charged with. According to rumor and speculation, he is pleading guilty only to the single charge.
Here read it here, it's a done deal, sounds like:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989824
How much of this you think he would actually serve? Actually I don't really even give a shiza about it anyway...I'm just always right...:rolleyes: :D
Bring on Glamis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The charge carries a potential sentence of up to 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000 and up to three years' probation.

USCFAN
08-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Don't loose your Paylotas now!! What exactly are you TRIING to imply?? I like how it's OK for a man found innocent in court and he derserves to be punished...Another admits it and he's good ta go...Your initials wouldn't happened to be R.L. would they??:eek:
R.L. White, president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said his organization does not condone dogfighting or any other illegal activity, but he told reporters that Vick should be given a chance to redeem himself.
"In some instances, I believe Michael Vick has received more negative press than if he would've killed a human being," White said. "The way he is being persecuted, he wouldn't have been persecuted that much had he killed somebody."
Totally ridiculous....:rolleyes:
Not sure I understand your point but I will give it a shot. First off OJ was never convicted, so for the sake of this argument he can never serve his time and be released. And then become a productive member of society.The only sentence he can serve is the one given by the court of public opinion, which is to be ostracized for what people believe he did.
As far as another admits it and is "good ta go", I don't believe I ever said that. Maybe you should go back and read what I said, as I am tired of repeating myself to you.
My initials aren't RL but I am starting to believe yours are DA.......

warlock
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=USCFAN;2752732]The only sentence he can serve is the one given by the court of public opinion, which is to be ostracized for what poeple believe he did.
QUOTE]
I'm guessing the court of public opinion could convict Vick?
LOL my intials are DA....Objection your honor!
Ohhh yea...Could you repeat that again?:D

USCFAN
08-24-2007, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=USCFAN;2752732]The only sentence he can serve is the one given by the court of public opinion, which is to be ostracized for what people believe he did.
QUOTE]
I'm guessing the court of public opinion could convict Vick?
LOL my intials are DA....Objection your honor!
Ohhh yea...Could you repeat that again?:D
They absolutely can an most likely will.

centerhill condor
08-27-2007, 05:13 PM
this story just gets worse...rape tables for male dogs to impregnate females that are too dangerous to breed via the normal means...
These dogs were tortured to make them meaner, WTF?
This is more than just fightin' some dogs or killin' some dogs. Where do these guys learn this stuff.
CC

thatguy
08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Not sure I understand your point but I will give it a shot. First off OJ was never convicted, so for the sake of this argument he can never serve his time and be released. And then become a productive member of society.The only sentence he can serve is the one given by the court of public opinion, which is to be ostracized for what people believe he did.
As far as another admits it and is "good ta go", I don't believe I ever said that. Maybe you should go back and read what I said, as I am tired of repeating myself to you.
My initials aren't RL but I am starting to believe yours are DA.......
I think he may be referring to the fact that OJ WAS found guilty of causing the 2 deaths in civil court, and ordered to pay a civil judgment.
After being found innocent in criminal court.
Tommy