PDA

View Full Version : Best investment..strip club in La Habra!!!

Baja Big Dog
08-22-2007, 03:41 PM
So this guy buys a building for 375K 5 years ago....and opens up a strip club..
Move ahead to today, the city of Guada La Habra just paid the guy 5.1 million to leave....not bad investment.
Wonder where a city like La Habra gets that kind of money?:eek:

HavasuSelect
08-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Here is the article. You should just go buy a bunch of run down buildings in all the cities and see what you can get for them. :)
www.pasadenastarnews.com/livinghere/cityprofile/lahabra (http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/)
:D
Great Article. I can't believe they let that strippers nip slip in that picture.:sqeyes:

Nord
08-22-2007, 03:51 PM
That chick will never let me down, thats for sure.........

Nord
That chick will never let me down, thats for sure.........

Big Kahunaa
puck

Baja Big Dog
Thanks Matt...I thought all strippers shaved???:confused:

C-2
08-22-2007, 03:55 PM
He didn't buy it for $375K and has spent probably $1.5M in legal fees - he's a lunatic who is trying to trump up his settlement to make the city look bad.
He once spent $40K in legal fees to defend a Disorderly conduct CITATION and lost at a jury trial.

essexjet
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I hate you all...:) ...got me again

C-2
08-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Got me too.
But hey, I like that song http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132greddy2.gifhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132gfight.gif

Flashwave
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
It's a great piece of property in a high traffic area. Perfect for the city to start redevelopment on that corner. They should have no problem selling it. X neighbor used to spend 50% of his paycheck there every Friday. His GF was always pissed about it. Go figure.

PHOTOGLOU
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
So this guy buys a building for 375K 5 years ago....and opens up a strip club..
Move ahead to today, the city of Guada La Habra just paid the guy 5.1 million to leave....not bad investment.
Wonder where a city like La Habra gets that kind of money?:eek:
Yhis is a very good friend of mine.... He ownes Taboo in anaheim too.... Will Anaheim follow La Habras lead????

PHOTOGLOU
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
He didn't buy it for $375K and has spent probably $1.5M in legal fees - he's a lunatic who is trying to trump up his settlement to make the city look bad.
He once spent $40K in legal fees to defend a Disorderly conduct CITATION and lost at a jury trial.
Yes but then filed suit against the city and won more than 20x's that amount....

Baja Big Dog
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
I heard that figure on the news, we know how accurate they are.
Lets just say he spent a million on it, with the 1.4m in legal fees, its comes out to about 2.8 million dollars...
I don't think he has to do much to make the city look bad, they pretty much made there own bed!!! They were only insured for something like 1.3 million.
I would also bet that the intention was not to sue the city when the business was started...

C-2
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes but then filed suit against the city and won more than 20x's that amount....
They settled while at trial and now the business is closed.
Club Flesh is a more representative example of fighting City Hall and "winning".;)

C-2
08-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I I would also bet that the intention was not to sue the city when the business was started...
No, but many clubs start as restaurants, then change gears to adult use.
Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
Many cities and clubs co-exist without problems, it mostly depends on location.
The antics that go on behind city doors...anarchy I'll tell ya, anarchy if the public only knew.:D

Havasu1986
08-22-2007, 06:47 PM
My company certified the fire sprinklers before they opened. Got lots of free passes.

Phat Matt
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
They settled while at trial and now the business is closed.
Club Flesh is a more representative example of fighting City Hall and "winning".;)
Flesh is right around the corner from my work. They put stuff on the billboard about the millions of tax dollars wasted on fighting them.

C-2
08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Many years ago it started out as dancing..no biggie. Then came the "table dance", still no biggie. And now the "lap dance".
Straight dancing on stage is still protected by the 1st. Lap dances are not, and even the clubs admit lead to acts or prostitution.
The problem lies with the money the dancers make - they make it doing lap dances, not dancing on stage for $10 for a set of songs. More and more, dancers are becoming more aggressive, pushing the envelope further.
I think legally, everybody is guessing at some point and time, it will lead to another challenge of the protection offered bythe 1st.