PDA

View Full Version : Proven killer HP500 combos????

frdvschvy
08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
At some point I will have the joy of needing to re-build my carbed HP500. Hopefully this ends up being later rather than sooner but I understand there is a fair amount of power to be had with some upgrades while the motor is out of the boat being gone through.
Anybody have any proven combos (heads, cam, ignition, etc) for the HP500 that will make some good power? I would like to keep the original HP500 intake and carb if possible. Looking forward to seeing what some of you have done to wake this beast up a little :)
Thanks!

C-2
08-22-2007, 04:22 PM
At some point I will have the joy of needing to re-build my carbed HP500. Hopefully this ends up being later rather than sooner but I understand there is a fair amount of power to be had with some upgrades while the motor is out of the boat being gone through.
Anybody have any proven combos (heads, cam, ignition, etc) for the HP500 that will make some good power? I would like to keep the original HP500 intake and carb if possible. Looking forward to seeing what some of you have done to wake this beast up a little :)
Thanks!
OSO - this topic is almost as popular as a 454 rebuild question (beat to death).
I likey the blue motors. You might hit up Obnoxious001 on this board - he will hook you up and you don't have to pay the extra $5K ego surcharge!

Kilrtoy
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks!
A 2008 HP525 FROM MERCURY RACING