PDA

View Full Version : anyone looking for a Project Manager?

riverbound
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I might be changing careers in the near future and just wondering what is available.

Tom Brown
08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Try Phat Matt. He's looking for someone to head up his ThumperTalk.com abuse team.

suckin&pumpin
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I might be changing careers in the near future and just wondering what is available.
I dont know ya but the fact that you can turn on a computer means you are over qualified to be a project manager in nor cal

sleekcraft80
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I wish the best of luck to you in finding a P M career. I tried really hard trying to find a superintendent job. It never happened. I finally gave up with the construction industry. I now work every other week in Kingman Az as a loan officer. I work the other weeks as a maintenance manager.

Nord
08-22-2007, 09:31 PM
I have a job opening planting tulips.............

Squeezing Spectra
08-22-2007, 09:33 PM
No but i could use a new maintenance guy... mine is well... useless...
(nan here)

Phat Matt
08-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Try Phat Matt. He's looking for someone to head up his ThumperTalk.com abuse team.
We may start recruiting and organizing soon. :devil:

Faceaz
08-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Good luck with it Bill. I know the company that I work for (Summit Builders) will be looking. I'm actually on my way out, thinking about a move to Phoenix. They've treated me really well, we're just looking for a bit of change.

boat boy
08-23-2007, 06:06 AM
A friend of mine is looking for a PM for a medium sized structural steel fab shop in the Norwalk area. Let me know and I’ll get you the info.

Mardonzi
08-23-2007, 07:23 AM
I just got a call from a headhunter from Phoenix looking for one. You interested?
Adam at Govic Construction...
Tell him Don with Kitchell sent you..:D

River Lynchmob
08-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Check your PM.

riverbound
08-23-2007, 08:14 AM
thanks for the replies. I guess I should have added that I am not able to relocate. so it would have to be in the OC area. but Icould travel as Im on the road about 90% of the time now.
Those who PMd me, I will get back to you.

Chico&Zeus
08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Dude, if I was ever looking for someone to hire me, the last place I would advertise is on the website where I waste most of every day when I should be working....THINK ABOUT IT!!!:D

Cole Trickle
08-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Dude, if I was ever looking for someone to hire me, the last place I would advertise is on the website where I waste most of every day when I should be working....THINK ABOUT IT!!!:D
It's not wasting time it's networking!!!!!!!!!:D;)

Jordy
08-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Or a place where there are quite a few personal "references" for the application. :idea: :jawdrop: :D

79Challenger
08-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I get calls from head hunters about once a week. Here is the contact info for the last one. This guy followed his call up with an email. He must have gotten my email from the same place he got the rest of my info. Anyway he was looking to fill SoCal PM positions.
Murry Hodge| Magee Resource Group
Commercial Construction Recruiter
920 Pierremont Road, Suite 515
Shreveport, LA 71106
Tel: (318) 865-8411 ext. 128
Fax: (318) 861-3411
Cell: (318) 617-5161
mhodge@mageeresource.com
www.mageeresource.com

Wavemaker
08-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Try looking on www.careerbuilder.com. There's a few listings I just looked at.

atomickitn
08-23-2007, 11:42 AM
bill go to ....ihireconst.com post your resume .....they have several postitions for construction related jobs ....

Water Romper
08-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Would getting “into” the construction business in So Cal be a good idea?:confused: I could understand if you’re your already settled in a position but it seems the construction industry would be “iffy” at best…just like the real estate business…I would think the information technology field or medical industry would be the best area to get into…

atomickitn
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
actually the commercial side of construction, is as busy as ever ...

mondorally
08-23-2007, 12:41 PM
What he said! We're swamped doing scaffold work for commercial projects.
-Justin

djunkie
08-23-2007, 12:47 PM
We may start recruiting and organizing soon. :devil:
Will it be a union gig? :D :D

MUDXPRT
08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
we are lookng for an estimator, concrete contractor commerical we do jobs like LA Fitness, CVS Pharmacy, Auto Zone, Rite Aid, Walgreens. Chili's etc...

River Lynchmob
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Almost every commercial general we do work for is slammed right now. We are as busy as we have ever been with at least a 9 to 12 month backlog.

Havasu1986
08-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Almost every commercial general we do work for is slammed right now. We are as busy as we have ever been with at least a 9 to 12 month backlog.
Ditto here..Boss told me today to raise the mark ups to 50 -60% :)

hot_diggity_dog
08-23-2007, 07:32 PM
RB,
There are many types of PM positions available. You never stated it was for construction so I will asume that's what your looking for.
I spent the last 5 weeks searching and interviewing with all of the top recruiter's and General contractors.
Depending on your resume you could land a position in any County right now.
I had opportunities in Palm Desert, El Centro, San Bernadino, Irvine, Santa Ana, Riverside, LA, but I was set on staying in San Diego.
Went from the 10th largest GC in San Diego to one of the largest companies in the US who will be top 5 in San Diego next year. They built the Staples Center. Let me know what, where and any other details and I could get you hooked up now. Like I said it all depend's on your experience.
Here's a few just in San Digeo that are looking.
Roel
Sundt
Reno
Pacific Building Group
McBane
Jaynes
Turner
Halbert
McCarthy
Qualcomm
And I have others as well plus 8-10 recruiters that are looking for people to place.
HDD

riverroyal
08-23-2007, 07:37 PM
:D RB,
There are many types of PM positions available. You never stated it was for construction so I will asume that's what your looking for.
I spent the last 5 weeks searching and interviewing with all of the top recruiter's and General contractors.
Depending on your resume you could land a position in any County right now.
I had opportunities in Palm Desert, El Centro, San Bernadino, Irvine, Santa Ana, Riverside, LA, but I was set on staying in San Diego.
Went from the 10th largest GC in San Diego to one of the largest companies in the US who will be top 5 in San Diego next year. They built the Staples Center. Let me know what, where and any other details and I could get you hooked up now. Like I said it all depend's on your experience.
Here's a few just in San Digeo that are looking.
Roel
Sundt
Reno
Pacific Building Group
McBane
Jaynes
Turner
Halbert
McCarthy
Qualcomm
And I have others as well plus 8-10 recruiters that are looking for people to place.
HDD
theres a few on this list that wasnt so much fun:D

hot_diggity_dog
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
:D
theres a few on this list that wasnt so much fun:D
Subs you can't live with them and you can't live without them.
I guess like anything some good more bad. LOL
HDD

atomickitn
08-24-2007, 06:14 AM
hey man ...hows it going ...I havent heard from you in a long time, say hello to your dad, maybe we will be doing work with each other again some time ....I left hopkins awile back and i am with a new co in OC....be well john ..bobby.

atomickitn
08-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Subs you can't live with them and you can't live without them.
I guess like anything some good more bad. LOL
HDD
I have to agree ...but man the quality of people working these days is unbelievable ......you just cant get them to show up, and if you do all they want to do is complain about their contract, and want more money to even look at the job they signed a contract for .....but I will say this.....I have done several jobs with riverlynchmobs CO, and his dads , and hands down they are a great HVAC co to work with....:)

Mardonzi
08-24-2007, 07:22 AM
River Lynchmob... We are always in the market for a good HVAC Contractor if you guys are interested.. PM me the details and I'll respond in kind

atomickitn
08-24-2007, 07:24 AM
River Lynchmob... We are always in the market for a good HVAC Contractor if you guys are interested.. PM me the details and I'll respond in kind
Im not sure they go that far , but I will tell you if they do you wont be sorry , they are a great sub to have on board.....:)

Mardonzi
08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Im not sure they go that far , but I will tell you if they do you wont be sorry , they are a great sub to have on board.....:)
The company I work for is all over the Western US. We have projects in Summerland Ca, Vegas, Hawaii, Thousand Oaks, Santa Maria, Redding, Oxnard, Cupertino, St Helena, Santa Barbara, etc...
Most of the stuff we have in Cali is either High end homes or Healthcare related stuff..
I know the HVAC guys we have down here in Valley Center suck so we would gladly entertain a new face to work with.

Havasu1986
08-24-2007, 07:57 AM
How about a fire sprinkler company. I've worked with Kitchell before. ;)

riverroyal
08-24-2007, 07:14 PM
The company I work for is all over the Western US. We have projects in Summerland Ca, Vegas, Hawaii, Thousand Oaks, Santa Maria, Redding, Oxnard, Cupertino, St Helena, Santa Barbara, etc...
Most of the stuff we have in Cali is either High end homes or Healthcare related stuff..
I know the HVAC guys we have down here in Valley Center suck so we would gladly entertain a new face to work with.
you know Im a Hvac guy??:idea:

JB in so cal
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM
you know Im a Hvac guy??:idea:
...ahhhhhh, no. Look up!

TrojanDan
08-24-2007, 11:43 PM
They built the Staples Center.
HDD
You're working for PCL now? PCL and Staples Center were the last company and project I worked for/on before I left the private sector to semi-retire. Great company. Good luck. :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
08-25-2007, 05:41 AM
You're working for PCL now? PCL and Staples Center were the last company and project I worked for/on before I left the private sector to semi-retire. Great company. Good luck. :cool:
Dan,
Ding Ding you win;)
I'm helping launch their new special Projects and Bio Tech Divisons in San Diego. Did you work with Robert
HDD