PDA

View Full Version : Lets try this again. We all live in a Cocaine Submarine

beaverretriever
08-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Quote:
MEXICO CITY - A submarine-like vessel filled with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cocaine was seized off the Guatemalan coast, U.S. officials said.
Four suspected smugglers were operating the self-propelled, semi-submersible vessel when it was located and seized on Sunday evening by officials from the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, U.S. Navy and the U.S. Coast Guard, the Border Patrol said in a news release Wednesday.
When the suspects realized they had been spotted by drug-surveillance aircraft patrolling the eastern Pacific, they scuttled the vessel but were unable to escape.
Coast Guard officials, guided by the reconnaissance plane, intercepted the vessel and detained the reputed smugglers, who were transporting approximately 5.5 tons of cocaine worth $352 million, the Border Patrol said.
Several drug-carrying submarines operated by Colombian drug cartels have been discovered in recent years.

bocco
08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
5.5 tons ????????????? Damn. I guess that explains the self propelled part.

'75 Miller
08-23-2007, 11:20 AM
5.5 tons....damn. If there was any justice in the world the 4 degenerates get drawn and quartered.

AZJD
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Quote:
MEXICO CITY - A submarine-like vessel filled with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cocaine was seized off the Guatemalan coast, U.S. officials said.
Four suspected smugglers were operating the self-propelled, semi-submersible vessel when it was located and seized on Sunday evening by officials from the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, U.S. Navy and the U.S. Coast Guard, the Border Patrol said in a news release Wednesday.
When the suspects realized they had been spotted by drug-surveillance aircraft patrolling the eastern Pacific, they scuttled the vessel but were unable to escape.
Coast Guard officials, guided by the reconnaissance plane, intercepted the vessel and detained the reputed smugglers, who were transporting approximately 5.5 tons of cocaine worth $352 million, the Border Patrol said.
Several drug-carrying submarines operated by Colombian drug cartels have been discovered in recent years.
Phuckkk! I was waiting for that!!!!:D

socalmoney
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
I really don't understand people who buy and use drugs. When you do, you condone the murder of cops, judges, civilians as well as slave labor etc. A real American who cares about their country would never partake in this activity.
I would love to see pics of that bust.

SB
08-23-2007, 11:53 AM
5.5 tons of cocaine worth $352 million?
How did they get the coke if the vessel was scuttled?
For that much $, couldn't they buy a whole submarine?

Biglue
08-23-2007, 11:58 AM
I think this story has a slight media spin to it. :sleeping:

riverracerx
08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Here is the photo:
http://www.disneylandreport.com/disneyphotos/070525-finding-nemo-submarine-voyage-lagoon-disneyland.jpg

AZJD
08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
I really don't understand people who buy and use drugs. When you do, you condone the murder of cops, judges, civilians as well as slave labor etc. A real American who cares about their country would never partake in this activity.
I would love to see pics of that bust.
If you think that the drug market is any different than the oil market or anything to do with politics, civil war, and or holy war, it isn't. Corruption isn't predjiduce to lagal issues.
That being said...... I DARE!

Glamasu
08-23-2007, 01:57 PM
5.5 is what was reported...The real cargo was originaly 6tons.....
A guy has to make ends meet ya know:D :D